• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 353 Views, 0 Comments

JetStream Origins - LunicStream1105



Welcoming a new life for a colt.

  • ...
 0
 353

JetStream Origins-Prologue

Prologue: From (slightly less) Humble Beginnings

It's amazing, truly amazing. The birth of a newborn foal is something to take in, and the new-found parents wouldn't believe any less. It is May 20, 2000 the birthdate, in which they have to remember for years on end.

"It's a colt." The doctor walked in smiling, the Mother and Father turned their heads to look at one another, eyes shining with anticipation. The foal on the other hoof had a blue-cyan fur, his mane was taking a spike formation, and had a true blue with a hint of purple on the side, the Father took notice to that. He also has a quarter-circle formation with two colors, blue going outward and purple going inward, and lastly his eyes were a yellow-gold, which of course are a mix between parents. And seemed to be getting darker blue hoofs.

"What should we name him?" the Mother said looking up to her husband.

"I don-" the suddenly opens, revealing a young mare, she had a mane with fire-like spikes going all the way to her neck.

"Sorry, I-" her eyes widen, and she gets a cold chill down her spine, "Whoopswrongroom!" she quickly steps out the doorway, and then freezes due to another voice from behind her. All three of them looking at each other in confusion.

"Uh-uh missy, you say you're sorry." It was a demanding, yet soft tone which probably took years to master. Especially for a big stallion. Myriad knew he heard that voice before, he stood up patted Corolla on the shoulder.

"I'll be right back." he said with a small smile, she nodded back.

"I-I'm sorry I should've look-" the short mare noticed him walking toward her, she started to quiver. As soon as they both were out of the room, Myriad looked down and said.

"It's alright, I would've been confused on where to go also if I was your age, who knows, I still could get lost."

"Yeah, but I interrupted your best moment." they were trying to keep their voices down.

"That doesn't matter anymore, and besides I know you said, I'm sorry." she sniffled, and looked back up.

"Alright." as she couldn't say anymore.

"Is something the problem?" the stallion behind the mare asked with a raised eyebrow. 'What a build' he thought as he leaned back a bit, 'Wait a second'. He coughed into his foreleg and continued.

"No, nothing's wrong. We got it covered." Myriad and the mare smiled at each other for extra measure, still Myriad has seen this stallion before, so he decided to ask, "Excuse me but, are you, Rapidfire?" He suddenly looked at the ground nervously. The stallion looked at him, then closed the hospital room door shut. 'What did I say, what did I do!?' he started thinking he could ask his brain right now.

"Yes, and you are...?" he started to slow so he could get this stallion's name. Myriad's eyes opened to realize.

"It's me, Myriad. You know the one, you seemed to have more of bond with me than any other." It was his turn to share the realization.

"Oh, yes well it's a good to see you again... and those were the good times." He tried to recall those 7 year old memories, "Can I ask why you're here?"

"Newborn." he said flatly, nodding towards the door, but more than happy.

"Oh, my bad. W-" he was interrupted by the small one. Myriad chuckled.

"Dad, can we see the baby?" she was bouncing slightly at Rapidfire's hoofs.

"Well, probably not." he said a little worried. And motioned to Myriad, which he took over.

"Well" he scratched his chin, "I could go ask, but I obviously don't know how it works here." So he turned, open the door softly, and went to ask the doctor about it. It was a little while before he walked back out with a smile, "Yes, but not for long."

"Yay!" she quietly yelled. They both walked in, "Does she or he have a name yet?" the young one asked looking around the room. Corolla looked at her and then the foal.

"No, he doesn't." she took note he was a he. It was then in her eyes she knew what to do.

"Can I give it a try?" she looked as innocent as could be, "I mean, if I can."

"Well dear, I thi-" her dad spoke up to be interrupted. Myriad slightly nudged him.

"I'll just let her go ahead." he looked at Rapidfire, then at Corolla, who shrugged with a smile. Rapidfire looked at her daughter.

"Go ahead."

"Okay." she instantly went into thought, then she popped out, "Well dad, you know how you're with a lot of fast people like, Myriad" Rapidfire just nodded, and Myriad stood more erect with a smile, "and I know you're healthy also."

"Well then, what's the name you're looking for?" Rapidfire asked, awaiting the answer. The others also felt hesitation. Then suddenly out of the blue, she spoke.

"JetStream..." they all stood up. Myriad and Corolla seemed to take a liking instantly. Corolla was the first to speak.

"I think we'll keep that." Myriad nodded in agreement and said it to himself once more, something about it was unique. After a little longer, Rapidfire and her daughter decided to continue on there ways.

"JetStream, well, welcome to this lovely place." Both Myriad and Corolla started to hug each other. On another side Rapidfire had plans for her daughter until his concentration was broken by her, "Hey, Dad?" she asked with those orange-brown eyes.

"Yes, my dear?" he looked down to what it was now. She giggled.

"Names are interesting aren't they, Rapidfire." she had a tease in her attitude, with a smug smile.

Rapidfire gave a chuckle, "Yes they are, Spitfire."

~~~Prologue End~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry it's a little small, but as the story goes, the average size is bigger.