• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 353 Views, 0 Comments

JetStream Origins - LunicStream1105



Welcoming a new life for a colt.

  • ...
 0
 353

JetStream Origins-Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Pool mishaps


It's 9:13am, and JetStream was envious talking with his thoughts, 'Hmm.' he swung at the water closest to him resulting a small splash. All his friends except Slash were on the bigger side of the pool, 'I mean, I have friends like that, but I'm stuck over here...' and suddenly Slash broke the lonely feeling with him in his field of vision. Even though his eyes were focused, his head was tilted to him, "I wonder how it is over there." JetStream rose a hoof, he wasn't in a floaty, but he did know how to doggy paddle. Floating slowly to JetStream, Slash turned slowly, drifting in the rippling water.

"It's wet, splashy, and" he shivered for effect, "deeper..." he narrowed his eyes. There they were, just floating, in the water, but then Slash had a floaty, and couldn't stop looking at it, finally JetStream uttered the words.

"Why do you have that?" Slash looked like he saw something horrible.

"I-It's to keep me entertained!" He suddenly started bobbing up and down, JetStream staring ta him silently, Slash had an arched frown.

"You got to be careful I guess." JetStream raised his left and right shoulder, the water around him lifted and came down with a splash, which followed with a couple of annoyed yells from around, "Sorry, sorry..." he sank down with an annoying and worried look, then looked at Slash, getting back up, "I believe you..." JetStream smiled, but he, sadly, still looked annoyed.

"Good, 'cause ya should." JetStream sighed.

"Alright." then decided to swim to the edge of the pool behind him. Got up, went to his towel to dry himself off, then walked to the other side, again straitening his mane, and sat where Colos and Colas were near by, "Hi." he greeted. The reflections of the pool and the light were bright and angled just right, both turned and the blue one spoke.

"Oh, JetStream, why are you over here?" He asked, but he looked a little nervous, JetStream guessed it was uncomfortable being with other ponies that are older than you by half a decade, or it was just him.

"I want to ask you something." Colas tugged on her brothers shoulder.

"Go ahead." Colos shoke something off.

"Okay, what is it JetStream?" JetStream sat himself at the edge of the pool, letting his feet swing back and forth in the water.

"Just a thought, but what cities haven't you been to?" Colos scratched his chin and looked at the bottom of the pool, then went back up.

"...Well, the first in mind is Canterlot." JetStream had a feeling, so he asked.

"Is this why you two are in this?" he looked at JetStream partly surprised.

"Yes, we are. You could be a detective." he said with little doubt. But suddenly JetStream stood up, "Yes!" the half-bottom of his legs were soaked still, he pulled a magnifier from nowhere and stroke a pose, "I could be."

"Hey!" Both Colos and JetStream looked around, somepony was trotting up to them, she was a Pegasus mare that had a color palette of green only, but her fur was tinged in blue, "Give that back!" she stood firm, standing a couple inches taller than him.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." he put lowered his head, and lifted his left hoof giving her the item that she desired, "Here." she grabbed it swiftly.

"You better be." she started walking off with her nose in the air, and with his head hanging low, he remembered what Colos said.

"...Could be..." soon after he recovered fairly quickly, "Anyway, you know any more?" a smile grew on him.

"Lots more, that's what makes this so great." he had the right tone for it too. JetStream felt like time had gone by, which it has, he looked at his shadow, "It's nine-twenty, you think we should get ready?" he stood there for an answer, other ponies were starting to pack up aswell.

"Hmm, yeah I guess so. I'll get Colas and get out." he swam towards the middle. JetStream then totted to the hotel, and with out thinking, he suddenly slipped on the concrete turn nearest to the hotel, he fell to his left and slid in the grass a good couple feet. He breathed in, gritting his teeth.

"Ah, that hurts." he said quietly, "My-my voice!" he started to pull himself up, but the progress was rather slow. Colos, Slash, and Colas noticed, they both asked Colas to go help JetStream. The other two picked up everything else and went after Colas. Once they got there, it looked like Colas was inching JetStream up a bit, helping him stand.

"What happened?" Slash asked.

"I just slipped is all." JetStream replied with a small smile. He coughed a little, but it was only the gravity's effects. Colas looked at JetStream.

"I'll get you back to your room." she looked over to her brother, "I'll be back at ours afterward." Colos nodded.

"Alright then." They both started to the hotel, lazily slow. Then disappeared behind the corner. Slash's eyes widened in realization.

"Where's Twister?"

"Right here!" he appeared out of nowhere, "I was hiding." the two ponies in front of him were still confused, Colos spoke up.

"From who?" Twister just gave the same glare.

"From them." Slash asked himself after that failed.

"Who?"

"Them... now come on! It's getting to that time!" Twister walked past them with a little bounce in each step, while Slash and Colos were dumbfounded. Slash looked to Colos.

"Talk about a" there was a pause, "sudden change of character." Colos jumped up.

"YYEEEEEAAAAAH..." and then landed, "Right." Slash stopped, and Colos just continues with a confident look on his face. Both which will soon return to their main rooms.


~~~Chapter End~~~