• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 8

You don't want to try and interrupt Twilight before she makes her speech. Your cousin Thunderlane thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask her for a date last year and she teleported him a quarter of a mile straight up before he'd even finished his sentence. Looks like you'll have to listen to the speech and then seize the first opportunity you can get to actually have a word with her.

The mayor's about to speak, and you take advantage of the last couple of seconds to quickly chat to the boss.

"Rainbow Dash! I'm here. Ready to work. In before the deadline," you say, nudging her with a wing to get her attention.

"Only just, Raindrops. Look, Winter Wrap Up is a big deal for the weather squad and I expect- never mind. You're not late, that definitely counts for something. We'll be on the west side of the fountain after the speech to sort everypony into groups."

You're about to explain that you got slowed down by this enormous freaking book when Mayor Mare begins to address the crowd, welcoming you all here and introducing Twilight Sparkle.

"Good morning everypony! This year, we're going to do things pretty much the same way as we did last year, except I think we can actually get everypony back home at a reasonable hour if we make just a few changes." The unicorn levitates over a flipchart and starts discussing the changes to the animal team, and after a couple of minutes you zone out a bit.

It's such a beautiful morning; you know winter needs to be packed away so that the farming can start up again, but it's still a shame. You'll miss the cold, crisp air; the crunching of fresh snow under your hooves; the comforting, supporting pressure of your sisters on either side when you've been filed away correctly.

Wait, that wasn't right. You shake your head to clear the cobwebs away and try to focus. She's talking about some kind of soil treatment thingy now, which the leader of the plants team seems pretty excited about, but it looks like she's about to finish it up.

"That's all the major changes we'll be making this year, everypony! I'll be at the side of the stage if anypony has any questions. Have a great Winter Wrap Up!" Twilight gets a polite round of stamping applause from the crowd, and most of the ponies present start to split off into their own groups. A few hang around to speak to Twilight in person, and you join them. There doesn't seem to be much of an order to the group, though- they're just shouting out questions at her while she checks her list again. You raise your voice and shout over them.

"Hey, Twilight, I-"

"Twilight!" You're interrupted by a panicked young earth pony. "I can't find the grass seeds!"

"They're in the Apple family's barn, Caramel, and you're not in charge of them."

"I found this book-"

"Twilight, Fluttershy says she needs a word with you about hedgehog timings," one of the animal team shouts, cutting you off. This is ridiculous.

"Twilight, I'm a book!" you shout, and everypony seems to stop for a second. Twilight raises an eyebrow at you. "I mean, I found this really big old book on my steps, and-"

"That's great. Could you drop it off at the library with Spike? I'm kinda busy here."

Other ponies keep pressing for her attention- you'd like her to actually take a look at the book, but you'll really have to push to catch her notice. On top of that, the weather team's gathering over by the fountain and Rainbow seemed pretty ticked at you earlier.

To yell that it's a magic book, Click here for chapter 18.
To sigh, walk over to Rainbow Dash and find somewhere to leave your saddlebags, Click here for chapter 19.

Please put requests for Raindrops' actions in the comments below!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 3.