• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,648 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,648

Chapter 57

Alright! You know what isn't happening? This. This is not happening. At all.

You shove Twilight aside and put on your best fake smile. She frowns at you, clearly confused.

"Wow!" you shout as Twilight opens her mouth to speak. "Isn't that amazing, words showing up all on their own in this old book! I have to be going now!"

"No you don't. Rainbow fired you, remember?" Twilight explains cautiously. "Raindrops, this is a living book! I think you've actually given life to a copy of Amniomorphics!"

Woohoo.

"Twilight, can I talk to you for a second?" you ask, and she picks up on your tone.

"Uh, sure thing, Raindrops. Shall we go to the kitchen? let me just put an extra piece of paper in the book so we don't use it all up when I talk to Amniomorphics later. It'd also be really helpful to document everything we say to it....just give me a moment, alright?"

You slump into the kitchen while Twilight prepares her scholarly supplies. When you get there, Spike takes a look at you and without saying anything sits you down on a chair and slides a mug of hot cocoa into your hooves.

"Drink that," he instructs you, "and I'll make you a daisy sandwich. You look like you need a pick-me-up." He's competent and controlled around the kitchen, and the smell of the daisies is comforting. You feel absolutely wretched. After a moment, he slides a plate in front of you with a sandwich on that's been cut up into little triangles. He's even cut the crusts off.

You lift one of the sandwiches and start eating it. It's really, really good. Before you know it and without explanation, you start crying again; not big wet sobs or hysterical wailing, just a sudden onslaught of tears that you can't stop. After a second of hesitation, Spike reaches up and puts a reassuring claw on your shoulder, and you lean gratefully into it. He's a good guy, you decide.

"Raindrops? We really can talk about this, as soon as you're ready." Twilight's moved into the kitchen and sat down opposite you. Her voice is soft and gentle, and you really do feel like you can ask her anything. So what do you want to know first?

Please put requests for Raindrops' actions in the comments below!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 54.