• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 10

Cocoa sounds champion, but you don't want to leave anypony out in this weather unless they really want to be out in it.

"Can she come in for cocoa too?" you ask the little dragon, pointing a hoof in the same direction as Pinkie.

"Sure, whatever. Just get in here and close the door! My tail's getting frostbite." The dragon turns and walks back into the library.

You beckon the pink pony over and she points at herself in confusion, mimicking your actions from a moment ago. You roll your eyes and shout.

"Yeah, you! Come on, this little guy's losing all his heat." Her answering smile is faintly terrifying in its intensity.

She bounces up to you and takes a sharp left inside the library, and you pull the door closed behind you both. Now you've got a better look at her, you realise who she is- she's the assistant baker at Sugarcube corner! Last year your cousin Thunderlane threw a totally sweet party for you and she helped him out.

"Hey, I remember you!" you smile. "You're Pinkie Pie, right? You helped throw my birthday party last year."

"I totally did!" she practically screams at you. "That was a great party. You didn't have to invite me to have adventures with you, though! I think that's really nice of you, making sure I'm included in your special Winter Wrap Up. I mean you've already got the weird book and I had special narrative causality cupcakes lined up but this is even better! I get to be part of what you're doing and I think that's really swell."

She bounces up and down for a couple of seconds. She's actually pretty sweet- she seems totally stoked about helping you out with this book, at least, and given how apathetic the dragon seemed you could do with all the help you can get.

The little fella in question walks back into the main room with three mugs of cocoa on a tray, and sets it down on the reading table. Pinkie immediately grabs the one with the most marshmallows, and you reach for one of the others as he starts to speak.

"Here we go- hot drinks for all. Just make sure you put them back on a tray or use a coaster, because if I have to sand out one more coffee ring I think- wait, that's mine!

You've already taken a pull of the cocoa before his cries register, and you pull back from the mug in surprise. This isn't the normal sort of milky, sugary cocoa you're used to- it's almost bitter, with a spicy kick to it. It's really good! You lick your lips in appreciation as the dragon raises an eyebrow.

"You like it? Most ponies can't handle chilli that well." He picks up the last mug and slurps at it appreciatively. "You go ahead and enjoy it. I like chocolate however it comes. Now, what was this about a book?"

You pull the book out of your saddlebags with no small effort and deposit it on the table. The dragon and Pinkie both greet it with a chorus of impressed noises.

"It had a weird glow around it when I found it," you explain. "I thought it looked magic, so I figured I'd bring it here."

"It's definitely magic. Good thinking, uh..."

"Raindrops."

"Nice to meet you, Raindrops. I'm Spike. You were right in bringing it here, but I don't think we should open it. You two wait here with it, and I'll go fetch Twilight. I don't like the look of this thing."

"I think we should open it up and take a look inside!" says Pinkie, as Spike smacks her hoof away from the front cover. "I bet it's got secret spells and stuff in it!"

"Exactly," Spike says. "That means Twilight should have a look. Raindrops, you'll keep an eye on her, right?"

To look at the book the second you think you can get away with it, Click here for chapter 22.
To wait for Twilight, because it is The Right Thing To Do, Click here for chapter 23.
To leave for the weather meeting- you're late enough already- Click here for chapter 24.

Requests closed for this chapter!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 4.