• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 37

Well, if previous years are any indication, you can kill half an hour by asking them a question. Twist has already handed you one to ask, so it's pretty simple to bat it back to the group.

"Great question Twist- I thought we'd do what you want to do today! Who has any suggestions?"

It's impossible to pick out any single answer in the wall of noise that answers your question, but after a couple of minutes getting everypony calmed down and speaking in turns- you have no idea how Cheerilee deals with it- you've boiled it down to three real options, having disregarded "Silver Spoon can go and get my dresses and I'll put on a winter fashion show for you, except nopony else can wear the dresses and Snips and Snails have to stand behind the fountain."

Dinky suggested, haltingly, that it would be nice to go and clear the park out because it's nice when it's snowy and this is everypony's last chance to enjoy it. The lanky colt- Featherweight's his name- is in favour of getting the assigned job of de-icing the fountain done first, since it's the one duty that was assigned to you. Twist thinks it would be better to get everypony some nice drinks and thweetth- sweets, you translate- so they can all have a really thuper thpecial wrap-up. You've got to hand it to the filly, she ain't letting that lisp slow her down any.

"Alright, troops! Featherweight, Twist, Dinky, can you line up in front of me? Great. Now, the rest of you- please line up behind the pony whose idea you like best."

The other foals mill around for a little bit, discussing their choices with their friends until Diamond Tiara steps in line behind Featherweight. Silver Spoon isn't far behind her.

"I don't know why anypony would even consider Twist's stupid idea," Diamond Tiara proclaims loudly. "Refreshments are totally beneath the Junior Weather patrol."

Snips and Snails looked like they were about to line up behind Twist, but upon hearing that Snips drags Snails in line behind Featherweight.

"Hey, that ain't fair! Everypony likes a refreshin' drink when they're workin' hard!" snaps the caped filly with the big bow, glaring at Diamond Tiara. "Ah think it's a great idea!"

She and her friends fall in behind Twist, glaring at Diamond Tiara. Well, it's not exactly full of good will, but you've got a 4-3 majority. You're about to declare for Featherweight when you hear a sniff from Dinky- she's on the verge of tears. You're not the only one to notice it, and before you can decide what to do the last voice you expected pipes up.

"Hang on, eh? I need more time to decide." Snails has an uncharacteristic look of thought on his face, and while the other filles and colts grumble about it he trots up to you.

"Can I talk to you, Miss Raindrops?" he asks, still wearing that uncanny expression of thought.

"Uh, sure thing kid. Everypony else, hold up a second, okay?" You lead Snails off to the side while the other foals chat- except Dinky, who's sat down in the snow and is sniffling.

"I don't really want to vote with Diamond Tiara and I don't want Dinky to be upset, but if I vote with Dinky there's a draw and we'll just have to vote again," Snails drawls at you. His face relaxes as soon as he's said his bit, and he looks at you with his normal, faintly goofy expression.

Aw, ponyfeathers, he wants you to tell him what to do!

Please put requests for Raindrops' actions in the comments below!

There's a few ways you could have gotten here.
To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 16.
Or Click here for Chapter 24.
Or Click here for Chapter 30.
Or Click here for Chapter 34.