• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 35

Alright, you know what? Buck today. Winter Wrap Up is supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be about the relaxing process of packing away the best season for the second-best one. It's supposed to be your favourite day of the year.

Well, if you can't have fun...

You smile quietly as a plan starts to come together in your mind, and as you play it out in your head you start to giggle. It feels good and before you know it your laughter's full throated, spilling out harsh and cruel across the frozen tarn.

if you can't have fun, nopony's going to have fun. And you know exactly which pony you can start with.

It doesn't take you long to find a thunderhead among the clouds, and with some careful bucking and spiralling, you manage to make it into a small, evil-looking thing, dense and dark in the sky. You think it's still got all its lightning left in it. You saw Rainbow Dash use something like this on Nightmare Night, spooking ponies with little lightning bolts, and it's perfect for what you've got in mind. Hers seemed slightly lighter though- perhaps she'd just ripped the corner off a thunderhead instead of condensing one? No, you tell yourself. That wouldn't have enough lightning in it for more than one prank. You'd have to keep going and getting new ones, and that would be stupid.

This is going to be great, you think to yourself. Little Miss Perfect is really going to get what's coming to her. It doesn't take you long to find Cloud Kicker in the half-finished sky above Ponyville and she's distracted by jawing off at the ponies working for her. They look really miserable, you reckon. Especially Thunderlane.

Well, this should cheer them up.

You slowly, quietly, sneak up behind Cloud Kicker, ready to buck the cloud as soon as you're close enough that she'll be the most likely target. This is going to be hilarious. Any second now...

-------------------

"Alright, we're going to do this again, and this time we're not going to look like freaking amateurs about it!" Cloud Kicker barked at the crowd of ponies hovering in front of her.

They were looking sullen and tired, and in a moment of rare insight Cloud Kicker realised that she'd just maybe been working them too hard. She'd had a good plan- no, a great plan- to get the clouds all cleared in one grand maneuver, but she'd failed to take into account that a lot of the volunteer pegasi just weren't as strong, skilled or fast as the weather team. Still, they'd broken the back of it, and if it was split up into smaller jobs then it might be manageable.

"Look, maybe I've been a bit hard on you. Perhaps if-"

Then there was light, and pain, and a thunderclap she felt more than heard.

-------------------

The breeze today is really refreshing. Your mane's streaming past your face, blackened and smouldering at the edges. You smile at it until your other senses kick in and you realise you're in an uncontrolled dive.

You force a turn- you're maybe five hundred yards off the ground, and a quick look around tells you that there are other pegasi falling as well. Come on, Raindrops! Head in the game! There's pegasi falling, who's closest, remember your training, go for the save you can make-

Thunderlane!

You spread your wings to pull out of your dive and something goes horribly wrong. Your left wing joint is a ball of pain, and your wing isn't responding. It won't open. Your right wing's flared, but the pinions are all burnt, and you're getting no control.

You're starting to spiral, and the ground is too close.

You really hope somepony got to him in time.

THE END


You received a Bad Ending. Poor Raindrops.

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 15.