• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 28

Okay. Deep breath. You're going to have to patch things up with Cloud Kicker here, and not in a sort of "hey we hate each other but we've got to get on" way. If you get this promotion, she needs to have your back. You're going to have to actually make friends.

It's times like this you envy Celestia. Life would be so much easier if you could just banish ponies to the moon.

Cloud Kicker's leaning against the fountain and stamping on it occasionally, punctuating a litany of muttered complaints about the weather force in general and you in particular. Now, you know your weaknesses. You're not great with ponies when it comes to feelings and all that junk. But you've got to do your best.

"Hey there, Cloud Kicker!" Okay, that sounded forced. Tone down the creepy pleased vibe.

"What?" Cloud Kicker responds flatly. She's not going to make this easy for you.

"Look, I don't like you." You wince at that, and Cloud Kicker blinks. Honest, sure, but way too blunt. Time to recover! "I don't like you and that probably means I don't know you very well. I'm sure you're real likeable. But I don't know you, and sometimes you give me a hard time, so-"

"Wait, you don't like me because I give you a hard time?" she says, incredulously.

"Well- yeah. You come across like you think you're better than me." You hear yourself say. That probably wasn't the best thing to say.

"That's ridiculous!" Cloud Kicker screeches. "You don't get to be the pony who accuses the other pony of having a superiority complex! You don't get to stand there and be better at this than I am and accuse me of being-"

"Wait!" you shout. "You think I'm better than you?"

"Of course I do!" Cloud Kicker's shouting so loudly now ponies are starting to stare. You realise with a start that there are actually tears in her eyes. "You're better at the only thing I'm good at!"

"Uh, boss?" a pony says from behind you. Turning to look, you can see it's Flitter, a pegasus you know fairly well. "I think I'm on your team. Is this- is this a bad time?"

Rainbow Dash is watching, you're sure of it, and- of course- Cloud Kicker's just taken off. On her own. Ugh!

What should you do? What would the boss do- no, scratch that. What would a responsible weather boss do?

To go after Cloud Kicker, Click here for Chapter 63.
To go to the local changeling hive to get a replacement Cloud Kicker, Click here for Chapter 64.
To ignore Cloud Kicker and just do your job, Click here for Chapter 65.

Requests closed for this chapter!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 14.