• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,648 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,648

Chapter 25

The other two look way too sweet for your liking- the grey one in the middle seems much more your style. You pick it up and bite into it, and hear Pinkie let out a faintly disappointed sigh.

It's really good! It's extremely bitter, dark chocolate, with a chilli and nutmeg taste in the icing. It's almost savoury, and you smile at Pinkie as you finish it off. She doesn't seem that pleased, though.

"Aw, I was hoping you wouldn't pick that one. That means you're not going to have the sort of day where you want me around, believe me. I'll set you on your way and then I'll tell Rainbow I need you ice-breaking up on Yew Tree Tarn. It's not very big so you'll be on your own."

You wipe the crumbs away from your mouth as you frown. You don't know Pinkie all that well, but it's still weird to see her without a smile on her face.

"Pinkie," you ask quietly, "what sort of day was supposed to happen when I ate this cupcake?"

"The book said that it gave you the sort of day where you find out who everypony is. Especially yourself. But it's not supposed to be very pleasant."

"Why wouldn't I want you around for a day like that?" you ask, genuinely confused, and her expression's so forlorn you don't have the heart to push it any further. She pulls out a map, showing you Yew Tree Tarn, points out a couple of landmarks to you and sets you on your way with a sad little smile. That smile sticks to you for so long you're there before you realise why the journey was so tiring. It's this stupid book! You still haven't dealt with it!

You undo your saddlebags, letting them thud to the ground, and take a look around Yew Tree Tarn. It's not that big, and you reckon it should only take you an hour or two to score the ice properly. You'll have a bit of free time then, since you know this lake's so far out it won't need melting until pretty late on. The lake's a ring, with a tiny island in the middle with the tarn's signature yew tree growing on it. There's something red stuck in the branches, you realise.

You sit down in the snow with a sigh. It's been a weird morning. What now?

To investigate the mysterious red object, Click here for chapter 32.
To chuck the book in the lake, Click here for chapter 33.

Please put requests for Raindrops' actions in the comments below!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 11.