• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,648 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,648

Chapter 12

"Pinkie", whoever she is, can stay in the bushes. Cocoa and explanations await you inside, and you waste no time following the little dragon into the library. As soon as you get in, he trundles off towards the kitchen and you get the chance to have a quick look around.

The library is pretty big, and more homely than you'd have thought. There's a fireplace with some big cushions beside it, a little desk for writing, and the genteel smell of quietly mouldering scrolls. You're no great reader, but this would still be a nice place to catch a quiet moment in future. You file that idea away in the back of your mind and start pulling the book out of your saddlebags and onto the table when you hear a shout from the library's kitchen.

"How do you take your cocoa?"

You let the book thud onto the table before shouting back.

"Dark, please! Not too much sugar."

"Really?" The dragon runs back into the main room for a second. "Because if you like it dark I like to add a little chilli. What do you think?"

"That sounds great!" you say with enthusiasm, and he nods and heads back into the kitchen. "Thanks so much for letting me in, uh..."

"Spike!" he shouts back. "What's your name?"

"Raindrops."

Spike walks back into the main room with two cups of cocoa on a tray, and you take the one closest to you. Spike eyes the book over as you take a long slurp.

" 'Amniomorphics'. That officially sounds creepy. This is Twilight's sort of thing for sure, Raindrops. Where did you find this?"

"It was on my steps, under the snow. It had a sort of white glow around it that was keeping the damp out."

"That's pretty weird. Do you think someone left it for you?"

You stop to think for a moment. That actually makes sense- that someone intended for you to find this thing. Why else would they leave it on your doorstep?

"I dunno," you say. "Maybe."

"Well, in any case, we need to get a unicorn who knows what she's taking about to look this thing over. Do you want to go fetch her or shall I?"

To go yourself, Click here for chapter 26.

Please put requests for Raindrops' actions in the comments below!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 4.