• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,648 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,648

Chapter 43

Okay, Raindrops, deep breath. You're freaking out over a weird book and a slip of the tongue. It's really not worth worrying about, and Twilight's busy handing over responsibilities just because there's maybe possibly perhaps a magic problem? Nah. Not happening. You're going to go and join the weather team and have a lovely day.

You loosen your saddlebags as you call to Twilight.

"Twilight, I'm sure it's no big deal- look, I'll just leave the book here and join the weather team, alright?"

"What?" Your saddlebags slump to the floor as Twilight calls back, panic in her voice. "No, Raindrops, you really really shouldn't do that!"

You snort and turn to join the weather team, but your legs don't seem to follow instructions and you pitch head first into the icy cobbles, splitting your contents page wide open. You're lying in a pool of chapter titles and snow that feels more like hot sand. Something's very, very wrong here.

"Firefight?" you ask, and your voice is far quieter than you tried to make it. The words don't feel right in your mouth. You can hear her dancing towards you.

"Firefight, elk tree. Fleas. Fleas!"

"Owner," Twilight says as she gets close enough for you to hear, and she's grinning madly. Everypony is. "Owner owner owner! Cheese reel league on a herd shelf! "

There's something broken in you. You try to stand and just slam your spine hard into the ground, and Twilight's fear tastes like rotten honey. You try to work a spell to save yourself but there's no energy pulling into your horn at all. Your magic's gone! Twilight puts herself around you, everywhere, and bellows.

"Nor sled half! Nor sled half, oaf or ear!"

She reaches into you and whispers something and you pass out.

-----------

Time passes. At some point, you remember that you are Raindrops.

-----------

"Hey there, sleepyhead."

Thunderlane's voice is coming from a long way away, and he's looking all blurry. You blink a couple of times and force your eyes wide- the boss is here too, looking relieved, and Twilight's standing with the doctor- they're both concentrating on a spell, and you think you're the target.

"Hey." Your voice is flat and creaky. "How long was-"

"Two weeks. You're fine now, though. Right? Miss Sparkle?"

"Yes! Concentrating here!" Twilight snaps at Thunderlane, and he cowers slightly.

"What- what happened-"

"That book you were carrying did something weird to you. Don't worry though, Twilight's got it sorted. She says you'll need a week off to recover, so I'll see you back in a month, okay? Thunderlane's been filling in for you and he's, well, terrible-"

"Hey!"

"-but you need the break. I'm gonna get your parents now. You rest up."

"Okay," you croak. Much as you'd rather not admit it, you're on the verge of tears. Seeing your parents would be a good idea. You close your eyes and start to drift off again the moment you hear a satisfied, tired sigh from Twilight and the doctor.

"Raindrops! Miss Sparkle, she's-"

"She's sleeping, Thunderlane. Let her rest. The spell's cleared out of her now."

That's good to know, you think. The bed's warm, and the machines beep reassuringly, and you're fast asleep by the time your parents silently arrive and your mother takes your hoof in hers.

THE END

You received an incomplete ending. That means things went alright for Raindrops, on the whole- they certainly could have gone worse- but you didn't get the whole story.

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 18.