• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 2,647 Views, 268 Comments

Raindrops' Wrap Up - Arkensaw Pinkerton



Raindrops is about to have a very, very weird winter wrap-up. A choosable path adventure!

  • ...
2
 268
 2,647

Chapter 26

"I'll go," you say, fluttering your wings for emphasis. "I'll probably be a little faster. Keep my cocoa warm, would you?"

"Sure thing!" the diminutive dragon waves at you as you leave. He seems like a sweet little guy, but it's hard to place his age. You guess that's because he's a dragon? It's probably best to think of him as a teenager, you suppose, but you've never met a teenage colt with the same quality of manners. Perhaps you can ask Twilight about him later.

You set out to the town square at a relaxed pace. If Spike had felt alright to go and get Twilight himself, there can't be any huge rush. And why would you want to rush on a day like this? It's gorgeously cold, and the sharp winter breeze stings your eyes and catches your pinions just right. There's just no reason to-

"RAINDROPS!"

Oh, ponyfeathers. It's the boss. Rainbow Dash loops away from the main flock of pegasi on their way to their various jobs, and hovers in front of you.

"Uh, hi boss! I was just-"

"Just slacking off? When you didn't show up this morning I figured you had some illness or something, not that you were just taking your sweet time!"

"No, boss, I swear-"

"Whatever. Cloud Kicker was right about you. You're off the weather team." You feel your heart sink.

"What? You mean for the wrap up, right?"

"I mean in general! You can ask me for your job back after the wrap up and you better hope I'm in a good mood. Go talk to Twilight, she'll find you something else to do today." She darts off before you can construct a response, and you sink to the ground, walking the rest of the way to the town square.

Off the weather team? You don't know what you're going to do. Helping out with the weather isn't just a job to you- it's your special talent. The farmers around here always request you when they need a little rain in drought season. Nopony can squeeze moisture out of a cloud like you. And now what, you're just supposed to find another job? What about your friends and neighbours? You always make sure Roseluck's flower garden's covered in the plans because Cloud Kicker, stupid Cloud Kicker, sometimes forgets and Carrot Top relies on you and you don't know what you're going to do.

You slump into the town square and walk up to Twilight, only half-realising that you've cut the Mayor off mid-speech.

"Twilight, there's a magic book you need to look at. I found it this morning. Spike thinks it's important."

"Oh! Sorry mayor, I should probably deal with this. Can you carry on with the master checklist for me?"

The mayor nods, and you barely notice her glare at you as she takes charge of the wrap up.

"So!" Twilight says brightly. "What kind of book is this? Where did you find it?"

"It's a big book. Heavy." You say. "It was on my steps, glowing. Looked like your sort of thing."

"Okay then. Um, I don't know your name-"

"Raindrops." Ugh, talking is hard right now. You keep hearing how your voice is about to break, and if it does you know you'll end up crying. You're not a good crier. It looks good on some ponies, elegant and classy, but you're all red eyes and snot. You hate crying.

"Raindrops, are you alright? You seem a little melancholy."

You know if you tell her you'll start bawling in the middle of the town square.

To ask to go back with Twilight to the library, Click here for chapter 54.
To find somewhere dark and lonely to brood and cry and generally mope, Click here for chapter 58.
To tell Twilight you got fired and try to get her to help, Click here for chapter 59.

Requests closed for this chapter!

To go back a step, Click here for Chapter 12.