• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

Elements of...

While regrouping, Miss Pauling was practically bouncing with excitement. She finally understood, and finally figured it out. She couldn't wait to share it with the team. As soon as they were all gathered, she just about exploded.

"I think I understand what you are all doing now! I've been taking notes on it, and this is what I got. You all posess certain elements that are just about the exact opposite of Harmony, and I've got one too. Which means there's ten of them. Which also means it must lead to something powerful. Soldier, I've decided that you must be the element of Determination. Scout, you are the element of Vigilance. Pyro, you are the element of Spirit. Heavy is resistance, Medic is Power, Engineer is Support, Sniper is Professionalism, Spy is Patience, Demo is Courage, and I am leadership."

The team of Mercs nodded in agreement, seeing why they would have been given their element.

"Miss Pauling, what are ze... importance of zese elements?" Spy asked while twirling his cigarette. "Surely zere is somezing we can do wiz zose abilities, no?"

"The Elements of Harmony peacefully stop villains. I can only assume yours will PERMANENTLY stop villains. Rather than trapping them in stone or sending them to Hell, I bet yours will just, well... obliterate the threat. However I have no idea how you'll be able to active them... Hey Scout can you go check how close their next wave of baddies is?"

Scout saluted and jumped up into the air, off to lookout for incoming dangers.

"It's uh... actually they're about to barge in literally right now. Everypony scatter!"

All ponies took off in all directions, ducking under bushes and hiding behind carts. The nine mercenary ponies began to attack ruthlessly, mowing down all enemies in their path. It took a while to get rid of them all, but they eventually took out the wave after a while.

They took their next short break, and went right back into fighting the next wave. Twilight was slightly disgusted with how easily they killed. She knew that she could never do something like that. Twilight barely had time to register what was happening when Rainbow screamed, "HEADS UP" as a snarling changeling launched itself at their group. Everything went black after the changeling took a big chunk out of her neck, killing her instantly.

The mercenary ponies assured the Equestrians that Twilight would respawn back at their base and would be completely fine.

Speaking of the respawn hut, Twilight woke up there in a cold sweat, panting. She looked around, and scrunched her face as the scent of blood and metal hit her. She examined herself, and found that she was in her human body, but her skintone was a shade of brown rather than purple. Twilight narrowed her eyes and looked around the room, before spotting a picture tacked to the wall. She took it down and stared at it, noticing that the humans in the picture looked much like the pony mercs. Twilight smiled to herself and stuffed the picture into her pocket, to save it for when after they left. She wanted a memory of Equestria's heros, after all.

Twilight was greeted by strangling hugs from her friends, who were in tears to see her alive. The mercs were used to watching each other die in front of them, so they weren't really affected. It made them see heartless, but they were genuinely used to death and resurrection at this point in their lives.

The ponies watched in awe once more as Medic ubered the Heavy again to take down yet another massive creature of shadows. The fight was more containable now, as the nine mercenaries knew what they were doing and how to contain the situation. Pyro kept the changelings and shadow creatures in one area with her airblasts and bright burning fire, so it was easier than their regular battles where all enemies were scattered around in different locations. This time was different, as the army of monsters all came down a single road.

No longer afraid of truly dying, the Equestrian ponies offered their help in the raging battle. Spike joined up with Pyro near the front lines, bathing the changelings in fire. Engineer showed Applejack how to operated the machines, and Scout shrugged as Rainbow was already basically doing his job. Spy gave Rarity a mask and cloaking decice, while Fluttershy was given another medigun because she didn't feel right harming anything. Twilight wanted to try her hooves in the line of sniping and Pinkie was excited to make things explode. With all of them helping, the battle went even faster.

This was a turning point, as the ponies took the lead and were slowly taking down the entire changeling army.

Author's Note:

I forgot that this story existed lmao