• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

"Oops"

"Now... please explain to me how this happened, again?"

"Oh yeah sure. So Medic was taken over by a weird shadow thing and then he murdered Demo and Sniper, then as he was trying to tear Spy apart he was backstabbed and the both of them died. Then Pyro burned the shadow thing while I was batting Merasmus' head in. So then just the four of them were dead, and it was just Pauling, Heavy, Pyro, Engie and I left. Heavy went into hysterics and started firing at random, which left him open for Merasmus to get him. And then ponyville was covered in a thick black cloud and was taken over by a bunch of bread monsters and ducks. And now it's just your friends, the princesses, and the rest of us alive as well as a few ponyville ponies that managed to escape with us."

"...Can you simplify that a bit...?"

"Your six friends, a few ponyville ponies, the princesses, and half of RED are hiding in a cave because Medic went insane and destroyed literally everything with Merasmus."

~~ Two Hours Prior ~~

"How long 'ave they been in tha room there?"

"About seven hours. I've heard nothing, so I don't know how it's going, but I don't think anything to horrible has happened yet... Do you want to check up on Medic?"

"Aye, if tha's not a problem."

~~~

"-And then apparently the sight of Demo caused him to totally lose it, which is why half of our team is dead now. Technically they'll go through respawn and can just teleport back here. Oooh but would they be ponies then still? Maybe it will be easier to fight in your regular forms, guys!" Miss Pauling grinned slightly as the team, who were still feeling sour about their lost friends.

Scout sighed and rolled his eyes.

"What's the point? Medic's gone totally bonkers, the respawn might not even work for Demo, Sniper and Spy, and-"

"Och! Laddies, it took a while ta find ya! The respawn totally works, and when we came back, we were still lil' ponies!"

The surviving RED members looked up to the entrance of the cave to see Sniper, Spy and Demo perfectly in tact again. They cheered, and Miss Pauling immediately took over Medic's position of some kind of leader.

"Alright guys! Battle plan. There are three enemies. Medic, Merasmus, and that Shadow thing. Merasmus and Medic both appear to be under the inffluence of said shadow thing."

Miss Pauling turns to the other ponies in the cave.

"Applejack, is it? We need your help to move all of Engineer's sentry guns and dispensers from the barn. Rainbow Dash, follow Scout's lead. Twilight, find a healing spell as fast as possible and be our temporary Medic. If the princesses would like to help as well, that would be great, but I'm not going to force anyone to run into that hell out there. I feel like the rest of you ponies aren't exaactly the fighting type, but if you want to help without getting blood on your fur, do anything you can. This definitely isn't some regular battle you've all fought before. No amount of friendship magic in the world can stop it."

The ponies nodded slowly, all flooded with overwhelming worry. If their Harmony magic can't stop it, what can?

Applejack, Heavy, and Engineer took off towards the barn to gather their supplies, as Scout and Rainbow stretched their wings.

"Alright rainbows, lemme tell you what I do. Distraction and danger watch. I run ahead, you know? I keep an eye out for anything then report it back to the team you know? So here's what you gotta do. Fly as fast as you possibly can, and dodge. Occasionally beat somethin's head in."

"Fly fast and dodge? Please, that's what I do for a living."

Miss Pauling lifted her own wings, and frowned. "There's no way I'll be able to go that fast. I'll... I'll make myself useful, don't worry. Alright guys, who are we?!"

"RED TEAM."

"What are we doing?!"

"KICKIN' ASS."

"And where are we going?!"

"STRAIGHT TA HELL!!"

"Move out!"

Scout and Rainbow took off into the sky, swirling towards the center of Ponyville. Miss Pauling stood straighter, feeling proud that the team was actually listening to her as a leader. Sniper and Spy started moving to the outskirts as Demo and Soldier immediately blasted themselves into the heart of battle.

Twilight watched them leave, then turned to Miss Pauling.

"Are they ALWAYS this anxious to fight...?"

"Well, it IS their job. That and I promised them a longer holiday if they did this for you guys."

Twilight glowered upon hearing that they weren't doing it to be helpful at all. She waved her remaining friends over. "Okay ponies, we're going to help the RED team in any way we can. Remember, the magic of friendship... isn't going to help us this time." Twilight turned to Princess Celestia, and looked up at her with a scared expression.

"Are the Elements of Harmony the only defence that Equestria has?"

Princess Celestia and Luna exchanged glances, and could only shrug. "They're the only we ever found, or needed for that matter... This magic isn't our world's magic..." Celestia moved to the mouth of the cave, and spread her wings. "My little ponies, please stay safe. We will get our home back, I promise."

Meanwhile, Engineer was setting up his nest. Dispensers, Sentry guns, and the teleporter. He suddenly thought of something, and grinned.

"Applejack, get all the ponies tah gather 'round here. I got an idea."

Their team reassembled, with the mane six and princesses accompanying them.

"We're gonna hook y'all up to the respawn. It don't hurt, I promise. Respawn is quick an' easy. We'll take y'all off after the battle is over. Sound good?"

Rainbow was granted the ability to respawn first, so that she and Scout could jump right back into battle. Scout lifted himself into the air, and scanned the area for danger.

"Holy fricken' crap! Guys, we got a little problem!"

"What? What is it?!"

"There's an army of some kind of.. bugs approaching."

Twilight's eyes widened in horror. The Changelings??? Why were THEY here?!

"They're mixed with some dark shadowy ponies."

Princess Celestia stared at the ground for a moment, then came to the simple conclusion that the Changelings must have been recruited by the wizard and the shadowy mare to help take over... RED ponies, the changelings can disguise themselves as any pony they wish. It's impossible to tell by appearance that they're actually changelings..."

Engineer shook his head and lifted his wrench.

"Just like spah's. Well, we got Pyro, they won't be a problem. For the most part. Scout! Get up there and slap some sense into Medic!"

"Are you CRAZY, hard hat?! I ain't goin' near that thing! He means bad business!"

"Yeah, but he's still our Medic. Now go boy before I throw mah wrench at ya."

Scout groaned and motioned for Rainbow to come over to him. "Alrigh Dashes, I gotta go get the crazy man back, so you're gonna have to work distraction while I do that. No idea how long it's gonna take. Think you can handle it?"

"Handling it is my middle name, Scout. I got this! Now go get your doctor back!"

Scout nodded and gave her an encouraging pat on the back before flying up into the dark swirling vortex of clouds above him. He saw Medic in the distance, laughing like a maniac while using his magic to block the sunlight that was still aching to shine through. Scout growled and flew straight at him. Medic noticed him almost immediately and started blasting him with random bursts of magic. Scout dodged them easily, and rolled away. He spun around Medic, while shouting memory triggers at him, hoping that he'll snap out of it.

"Hey... Doc... Remember when you got your bird stuck in my chest and it lived their for a week? Pretty funny, right?!"

Scout was barely brushed by an intense beam of magical energy. Nope, that wasn't good enough.

"Remember all the times I made fun of you for being an egghead?! I'm sorry about that, no hard feelin's?!"

Once again, he barely managed to avoid being pulverized by Medic's crazy magical columns.

"Dammit... uh.... Remember when we were fighting an army of robots in an arctic wasteland?! It was only a couple days ago man, please snap out of it!"

Medic paused for about a second, then resumed trying to murder him. Scout barrel rolled to the side, and lowered his eyes.

"Alright man, I didn't wanna do this, but you've left me no choice!"

Scout started zipping in crazy patterns around Medic while screaming out "MEDIC!" repeatedly. Medic grit his teeth and tried to hit the skittish pegasus, but found his efforts futile. Medic shook his head and screeched,

"STOP MOVING!"

"MEDIC! MEDIC! MEDIC!"

"SHUT UP!!"

Scout took in a deep breath, and hurled himself towards Medic. He hit him dead in the stomach, legs first, causing Medic to have the wind knocked out of him. Scout then delivered a rough slap across his face.

"SNAP OUT OF IT, DAMMIT!"

Medic shook his head, and groaned.

"Vhat ze hell?"

"Oh thank God. Okay, that wasn't actually as hard as I expected it to be. Well it just proves that violence is the answer to everything! Now get down there and help us fight, man!"

Scout looked around at the monster of clouds surrounding them. He barely saw something green in the distance beyond the thick layed of cloud in front of them, and sighed. "Merasmus is over that way. Let's go, if we stay up here we're probably gonna die."

"Scout, your butt sticker is glowing."

Scout frowned and glanced back at his flank.

"... So it is. Just call me special snowflake then. Now let's move, Deutschbag!"

Scout kicked the cloud below them away, and the two were trapped in a free fall towards the ground. They opened their wings and glided safely to the ground. Engineer peeked at them from behind his machinery, and waved.

"Welcome back doc! Just in time, too. The army's about to arrive, and we could really use an Übercharge!"

Medic rolled his eyes and lifte his Medigun. "Of course you do."

"Übercharge? What's that?"

Engineer, Scout, and Medic turned to see Princess Celestia and Twilight standing there.

"Oh, hello princesses. Ze Übercharge is somezing zat I created a long time ago.. You vill see vhat is is later. Now ve must get ready to fight! I must find herr Heavy. Vith so many dispensers, pocketing von't be a problem..."

Medic took off into the air, and engineer gripped his wrench tighter.

"Well ladies, if y'all get injured just head on over and the dispensers will fix ya right up!"

They nodded and smiled at him. Soldier then landed in front of them with a sickening crunch sound. He laughed and swung his rocket launcher around.

"HELLO PONIES! I JUST GOT ATTACKED BY A SWARM OF BUGS!"

"Oh dear, are you alright sir?!!"

"IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOT MORE THAN A FEW MOSQUITOS TO TAKE ME OUT, SISTER!"

Engineer laughed. "Solly, those ain't mosquitos. They're called Changelings."

"POTATO TOMATO, ENGIE! BUGS ARE BUGS, AND THEY AREN'T GONNA STOP ME!"

Engineer nodded, knowing that there was nothing else he could say to warn Soldier that he could be biting off more than he could chew. He noticed that the mark on Soldier's flank appeared to be glowing, but didn't have time to really look at it before Soldier blasted off again. Engie shrugged it off, and resumed whacking the machiens with his wrench.

"Ah think we're about to be flooded with monsters, so y'all might want to get to higher ground. Somethin' tells me this ain't gonna be an easy fight, even with Medic back."

Author's Note:

Y'all gettin' salty about my shipping lmao this isn't a ship story I'm just casually pointing out that I ship them

Doesn't mean it's gonna get shippy

It ain't about that bros

It's also almost over