• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,360 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,360

Teleportation and Immense Frustration

"ALRIGHT YOU GLITTER LOVING CUPCAKE MUNCHERS, THAT WAS THE LAST ONE!"

The Medic dropped his medigun to the ground and huffed, feeling exhausted after constantly running around all over the battlefield in a desperate attempt to keep his teammates alive.

"Doktor is alright?"

The Medic nodded slowly, gathering himself again. He shuffled his feet in the snow and muttered,

"Ja, mein freund, I am fine... just cold... hungry... and exhausted."

"Medic will take sandvich."

The Heavy held out a plate to him with his signature sandvich on it. Medic stared at it for a moment, then shook his head. "No, I vill be alright. You eat it."

"The Medic will take the sandvich!"

"No..."

"Da!"

"Will the both of yous stop your arguin' and kiss already?"

The Medic's face went red and he screeched, "SCOUT!!! DU ARSCHLOCH ICH BIN IN IHN NICHT!!!" (I don't know German or the other languages so I'm using google translate. Not all of these will be accurate.)

Heavy sighed and put the sandvich plate away.

"There is no relationship, Scout."

"Gentleman, we have bigger things to worry about. Like how we are now literally rolling in cold hard cash."

"Aye! We be rich!"

"I CAN BUY MOUNTAINS OF BUCKETS."

"I need a new pair of headphones... and a house for ma."

Sniper smirked and hopped down from his nest, shivering at the harsh wind.

"That's nice and all lads, but can we get inside first before we freeze our asses off out here?"

The team nodded in agreement, and made their way back to their station hut, laughing and joking the whole time. They did it, they won. They can relax and return to their families (those who have them anyways) and finally make a life for themselves with their newfound riches.

//Meanwhile, in a magical land far away...\\

"What in the hay IS this thing, Princess?!"

"This, Applejack, is a monster that we found rampaging in the Everfree forest. We are not sure where it came from, but it seems to be extraordinarily powerful."

"This thing? Powerful?"

Rainbowdash snickered and taped the glass case with her hoof, a cheeky grin on her face.

"It's just a loaf of bread with some teeth."

Luna raised an eyebrow and then explained,

"It's easy to underestimate it, this is true. However, if you saw the destruction that this creature has caused, you would not be smiling. This thing has a magical aura that is not our own. It is almost immune to our style of magic. It took both Tia and I both to contain this one here."

"Wait... How? It's just... a load of bread..."

Twilight examined the creature in the glass, concerned. "So how was it so powerful?"

Celestia sighed and placed a hoof on her student's shoulder.

"In reality, it is not a very strong monster. Its strange, unknown magical qualities are what make it a threat."

"So... how do we stop it?"

"We aren't sure exactly. However, we have many powerful magic students working on trying to track the magic. We wanted to ask you and your six friends to help."

"We'll do our best, Princess!"

"I knew I could count on you. Go, and bring the necklaces with you."

"Necklaces...?"

"The ones that once held the Elements. They have... been giving off their own magical aura since this strange magic started. We think they might be useful."

"Of course, Princess, we'll do what we can."

//Back in the Upgrades Shack...\\

The Engineer took a swig of his beer and said,

"Let's go around one last time and cheer eachother on. We'll probably never see one again y'all, so let's make the most of it."

"Heavy will go first. He thanks the Medic for keeping us alive."

Medic smiled a bit and said, "Vell, zen I thank the Heavy for being a real brick wall."

Scout snorted and said, "I thank the Spy for not being as big of a bastard as usual."

"Well, I thank ze Pyro for keeping us warm."

This went on for another few minutes, with each RED team member getting their own spotlight.

"Aye! And finally, I thank the Scout for makin' us rich!"

"Hey, it helps to run fast when collecting money!"

"Cheers to the RED team, for not completely dying tonight!"

"CHEERS!"

//Equestria\\

Books were scattered everywhere as the six ponies and single dragon flipped frantically through every page they could. Twilight sighed and let her wings droop and drag across the floor.

"This is useles... We can't find anything..."

"Don't give up hope darling, your library is extensive, I'm sure there's SOMETHING in here about this magic... Maybe something old... Maybe something-"

"Something like this?"

Spike held up a book from the other side of the library, grinning. "It's old, and it looks magical!"

Twilight perked up, her wings folding back. She enveloped both the book and Spike in her magical aura, bringing them both over.

"Let's see.. it doesn't have a name, but..."

She flipped through the worn pages slowly, muttering silently to herself.

"Oh... here! Here! I found something!"

The five other ponies crowded around her, interested in what she had seen.

"It's... writting by Starswirl! It says... I have come across a strange new magic that I have yet to understand. It seems to be manifested from hate and evil, unlike Equestria's love and friendship. It seems to come from a new plane of existence entirely... one quite opposite to ours... filled with war and suffering... This magic, it comes from there. It's all green in color... I believe this magic is what the Changeling kingdom has started using.... It's no wonder why they're so cruel now and only want to control, it's all in this horrible magic..."

Twilight flips the page, as a strange feeling of worry blankets the room.

"After studying this magic for a while, I have come across a source. It is a twisted Alicorn pony of sorts... there is the skull of some double horned animal on its head... he looks to be older than I am, and stronger... I don't understand how that hatred and evil is stronger than our love and and kindness..."

Another turn of the old journal.

"I have conversed with the Alicorn. It is safe to say that he isn't right in the head. Our magic requires high concentration, while theirs seems to be usable by ANYpony. He threw... a rubber duck at me then ran away, laughing hysterically. He dropped some papers, which I have since studied... Somewhere, there is a team that can stop this magic. I've simplified the list here; the Crazy, the Builder, the Patient, the Cunning, the Strongest, the Ruthless, the Smartest, the Fastest, and the Headstrong."

"Hold up, Fastest? That should be me! I'm the fastest!"

Twilight rubbed her chin and said quietly,

"I would have thought that these were describing the Elements, but they're different, and there are nine of them..."

"Well, what do y'all suppose it means?"

"I don't know, but we're taking this to Celestia and Luna at once."

After teleporting everyone to the castle, Twilight took a deep breath and sat down for a minute.

Spike rubbed her shoulders and said,

"Take a minute to rest. That was a big spell."

"Yeah... Alright..."

"Luna, Celestia, we found something!!"

The two Alicorns appeared, galloping towards them.

"What have you found?"

Applejack produced the journal for them and held it up.

"This here notebook from Starswirl. He met some crazy Alicorn, and discovered some new type of magic. There's apparently a team of ponies somehwere that have the power to stop him. How do ya suppose we get to 'em?"

Celestia skimmed over the page, a look of relief coming across her face.

"We can summon them, he's included a spell that might just work."

"Well, go for it then!!!"

Celestia and Luna nodded to each other, before combining their powers together to form something that looked like a portal. The portal then disappeared, and the two Princesses had to kneel to catch their breath.

"We think... we think it worked. The portal is travelling across Equestria to get them..."

//Upgrade Hut\\

The Medic set down hid drink, and stared out of the window.

"Um... Any of you want to come look at zis? Zere is a strange column of black smoke travelling towards ze shack..."

The team members gathered around medic, at the window.

"Aye, there be something strange out there... Should we try an' fight it?"

"Demo, ah don't think that'll work. We can't exactly fight smoke."

"And why not? We've fought horseless headless horsemenn and littl' skelebones before."

"Those were physical things, Demo. Ya can't touch smoke."

Medic sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Quiet. Perhaps it is harmless..."

Scout walked to the door, and frowned slightly.

"Uh, guys, the smoke cloud is trying to suck me into itself."

"....What?"

"The god damn cloud is trying to eat me!"

Medic ran to the door and pulled scout back inside, running out himself with his medigun. Heavy chased after him, shouting something that he couldn't hear.

The rest of the team members shrugged, stuffed the cash under the table, and ran after them. Whatever this thing was, it wasn't getting their hard-earned riches. Medic was pulled off the ground by the force. Believing that he was going to die, the Medic ubercharged himself before disappearing into the cloud completely. Heavy yelled out at the loss of his friend, and jumped after him.

"Why ze hell did zay just do that?"

"Who cares, Frenchie? We have to go after our mates!"

"Oh for ze love of-"

"ADVENTURE!"

Soldier lifted the remaining teammates and launched them into the cloud with incredible strength. Demo and Engie latched onto each other, screaming for their lives. Scout and Pyro were both laughing hysterically, having the most fun in their lives. Spy rolled his eyes and lit a cigaratte.

"Merde."

The ponies watched as the cloud returned, and hovered above the castle. Their happiness turned to horror as the cloud shot all nine ponies out in random directions.

Celestia and Luna both took off after two ponies, as did Rainbowdash. The others stayed on the ground, trying to memorize the area in which the other six fell. Celestia and Luna both returned empty-hoofed, but Rainbow came back with another pony in tow. It was a strange stallion with pale brown fur and a red uniform on. There was a large helmet covering his face. The pony's tail was wrapped around a strange device.

Rainbow dropped the stallion and said,

"I caught one of 'em!"

The stallion lifted the helmet from his head and muttered, "Sweet Mary mother of Joseph I've died and gone to pyroland."

The ponies blinked and didn't respond, too confused with what the stallion just said.

He looked down at himself and screamed,

"I HAVE BECOME A PART OF FIREBUG'S TWISTED FANTASIES!"

The stallion reared up on his hind legs, kicking widly with his front hooves.

"WELL SISTER I'M NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!! YOU CALL THIS TURNING ME INTO A HORSE?? I'VE NEVER SEEN A COLORFUL MINIATURE HORSE, MAGGOT!!!"

Applejack whispered to the other ponies,

"Do you think this is the crazy 'un?"

"I AM NOT CRAZY!! I AM A SOLDIER OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!"

"He's definitely crazy."

The Soldier landed back on all fourse, wobbling a bit.

"You, princess, are not aware of the difference between crazy and patriot!"

"Or maybe he's the headstrong...?"

"CORRECT! MY HEAD IS STRONG! FULL OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF WAR!"

Celestia approached the eath stallion and said calmly,

"You, sir, have been summoned because we need your help. There is a strange magic here that we do not know anything of. We were told that your team could help us."

"Strange magic, you say?! I'm in!!"

"Oh... you are? You need no convincing...?"

"NONE! I'M READY TO GET BACK IN ACTION!"

Luna then approached him, stopped next to her sister.

"We see now that you ARE the Headstrong. We need the rest of your teammates before we can approach this magical source. Will you help us find them?"

"Those sissies run from a fight!"

Soldier tried taking a step forward, but fell flat on his face.

"NOTHING BRINGS THE SOLDIER DOWN! HOORAH!"

Soldier lifted himself up, and used his tail to trigger the rocket launched, which blasted him straight up into the air.

"COME HELP ME CAP THIS POINT, MAGGOTS!"

He fell back down, and the ponies hurt a sickening snap as he landed. Sodlier grinned and shouted,

"STILL GOT IT!"

"Did... didn't that hurt...?"

"I'VE FELT WORSE PAIN!"

Twilight sighed and rubbed the side of her face with her hoof.

"Ohhh this'll be a long fight...."

(Read Author's notes please, it explains something!)

Author's Note:

This chapter is written a bit funky and bad because it's nothing more than a short introduction. The real story starts next chapter. Thank you!