• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

One Mann's Trash is Another Mann's Nightmare

Medic woke up slowly, feeling like something curled up and died inside of him. He forced his eyes open, and scanned the room. The room seemed bigger, darker, and scarier. He felt claustrophobic, and terrified. He was here, alone, in his room, unable to see. The windows and doors were closed tight, allowing no light to slip through. Medic hadn't the slightest idea as to why he suddenly felt so... terrified, of the world around him. It wasn't even just terror, he felt distant, and confused. He sat up on the bed, and stared down at himself, confused as to why he couldn't feel his limbs. Medic screamed in horror at the sight. What the hell was going on? Why the hell were his legs missing? The sheets were soaked in what he assumed was his own blood. He glanced to the side, and saw that the closet door was wide open. Something, with bright white glowing eyes, stared back at him. Seconds later, Medic woke up panting, in a cold sweat. He first looked down at his legs, and sighed with relief to see them there. He then heard the silent creak of his closet door. Medic choked on his breath, and dared to look over. He watched as the doors slowly opened, but he didn't give it the time of day. He was out of the room in seconds, wings out, taking off into the sky. He'd never felt fear like that in his LIFE. Blood pumping, he darted towards the area where he saw Pauling, Scout, and Rainbow go. Maybe if he could just, find them...

He didn't have enough time. Once again he woke up in the room of the castle, heart still poundind. "Vhat ze hell is going on?!" He leapt up and pounded on the door, and was shocked to find that it made virtually no sound. "SOMEVONE... ANYVONE... HELP ME!" Medic turned and bucked at the door, which cracked slightly. The closet flung open, and something with massive teeth launched at him. After bracing himself, Medic once again woke up in the same position as the first time. He acted faster this time, sucessfully breaking down the door. He tumbled into the hallway, and sprinted down the length of it. The hallway continued to stretch for what seemed like miles, until Medic realized that he was still right in front of his own door. "IS ZIS SOME SICK, TWISTED PRANK? BECAUSE I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT AT ALL!"

For the first time in his life, he felt genuinely helpless. He had always been one of the go-to guys, the head of the pack. Now he was trapped in some gruesome, torturous limbo for God knows how long. For once, he was clueless. Medic wished that he hadn't spent so many years wishing that he didn't have to share a base with eight other noisy guys. Now that he was finally alone, he hated every aspect of it. Medic found a vacant closet nearby and jumped into it, locking himself inside. He began to mumble to himself, as if he was writing some strange version of a will with just his speech, like anyone would be around to here it. "I'm supposed to be ze heartless Medic... so vhy am I so frightened? I fight in wars, I've destroyed countless robots, I've seen Hell, I've killed my fair share of people, and now being stuck in a nightmare is vhat is getting to me?! Zis cannot be happening... Am I getting soft? Nein, unmöglich..."

"Are you sure about that, doc? You may not be as tough and powerful as you think... Even the most heartless of souls can crumble under the pressure, including YOU." The strange voice giggled, its sound echoing through the empty hallways.

"Who are you.... WHAT IS ZIS? I DEMAND YOU STOP ZIS AT ONCE!"

"Aw boo hoo, Nursey is afraid of the dark! Well don't worry, it'll get bright again soon. Or will it?" The creature laughed again, and Medic found himself waking up in the same spot on his bed. Medic could feel his heart trying to rip out of his chest. He used his magic to lift open the curtains, and saw that the sun was shining down brightly. Was all of that just a nightmare...? It had to be... Medic cursed under his breath and stood up, examining himself in the mirror. Everything looked normal...

He decided to skip going through the door altogether, and flung open his room's window. Something felt off to him, but he brushed it aside. Medic quickly scribbled a note, taped it to the door, and took off into the village. He wanted to find any RED memebers... he didn't care who... He just wanted to see someone else. The town was completely empty, but that wasn't too surprising, considering the sun was only just coming up. Medic spotted something familiar in the distance, and the weight of horror lifted from his body. He could see Heavy, over at the Apple's farm, plowing a field. Medic swooped down to greet him, and landed a few feet away.

"Heavy, mein freund!"

Heavy looked over at him, growled, and turned away again, resuming his work. Medic flattened his ears, confused. Did Heavy just... GROWL at him? Medic took a step forward, once again feeling dread bubbling within him. "Are you, alright... Herr Heavy...? Vhat's wrong...?"

Heavy stopped pulling and glared daggers at the shorter stallion. He unhitched the plows and walked over, looming a good distance above him. The large stallion's voice felt like acid against the Medic's skin. "Leave. You are not welcome here." Medic's mouth dropped open in shock, not sure if he believed what the Heavy was saying. Was he still stuck in a nightmare? No, he couldn't be, the sun was out, and everything was fine. Medic took a couple steps back, only to have the Heavy move forward again.

"I did not say move back. I said LEAVE."

Medic then understood that he was being forced off of the property now. What happened to the Heavy? Why was he acting like this? He turned and started to run. As he ran, he passed by the barn, where he heard the beep of a sentry gun. Engineer must be in there, right? Medic pushed opened the door, and looked inside. "Herr Engineer...? Are you in-" Medic screamed and ducked down as Engineer's wrench nearly decapitated him. "GET OUTTA HERE YA VILE WRETCH. AH DON'T WANNA SEE YA HERE. GO BACK TO WHATEVER DEPTHS OF HELL YA SPAWNED FROM."

Medic once again took off into the sky, trying to ignore what went through his mind. Was all of this really happening? Why were they acting so strange?

~~~

"Miss Pauling, you up yet?"

"Yes, Scout, I have been for the past hour, listening to your mindless mumbling about... hotdogs and Amelia Earheart or something."

"Oh, hehe, yeah... So uh... you think Rainblitz or whatever her name was is up?"

"Her name is Rainbowdash. And yes, she is, she left thirty minutes ago. We had coffee together. She reminds me a lot of you, actually."

"Oh? Is she stunning and incredible?"

"She's fast and way too talkative. On a completely unrelated topic, did you happen to feel anything... STRANGE last night? I just felt this weird, unexpected wave of fear at some point and was wondering if you did too."

"...Nah. I sleep like a bear, Miss Pauling, I wouldn'ta felt nothin' during the night."