• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

Übercharge

Scout landed roughly next to Engineer's dispensers and sighed, wiping the sweat from his face.

"So how's it going, hard hat?"

Engie looked up and nearly dropped his wrench, then tightened his grip again. "Y'all scared me, Scout. Though if ya don't move away from the stuff soon ah'm gonna have to shoot ya out of suspicion."

"Makes sense. I can see you've been busy, with all these bug bodies scattered around."

"How are you an' Rainbow doin'?"

"Well we ain't died yet, so I think we're doin' pretty good."

Scout launched into the air once more, leaving Engie to his machines. Engineer waved at Pyro as she scampered by, blasting the surrounding area with her fire. He then watched in horror as a massive canine-like shadow creature hit the ground in front of him, and ripped his sentries to shreds. Engie grabbed a dispenser and ran from the spot, narrowly avoiding becoming dog chow.

He saw Sniper aiming towards him, and had just enough time to duck out of the way as a few changelings' heads were blasted off. Engineer waved to him, and he only nodded back, since concentration was key in his case. Engie rushed to Heavy and Medic's side, and dropped the dipenser.

"Dispenser, goin' up."

"Zank you Engineer! Ve vere running out of ammo anyvays."

"It ain't nothin'! The nest got destroyed anyways, thought I'd run over and help y'all out."

Medic opened his mouth to mention Engineer's cutie mark glowing slightly, but didn't get a chance before Princess Celestia and Twilight landed next to them.

"Are you three alright?"

"We sure are! How're you ladies holdin' up?"

"We're fine. We have found simple healing spells to use. They aren't as good as your medigun, Medic, but they have been helping us so far. We believe that the first wave of changelings and shadow monsters is nearly destroyed, but Rainbow Dash tells me that she and Scout flew out and spotted another wave on their way."

"... Just like the robots back home. Well shoot, that must mean it'll only get harder and harder."

Engie sighed and started deploying more dispensers and sentry guns. Princess Celestia and Twilight watched curiously as the RED team reassembled by Engineer's buildings, but didn't even speak to one another.

"...Aren't any of you going to say anything?"

They paused and glanced over at Twilight, and only shrugged.

"We don't talk much during battles, Sheila."

"What? Why not??"

Sniper leaned against the dispenser and tipped his hat back while cleaning his rifle with his tail.

"I understand that your little pony friendship magic requires communication and happy encouraging words, but real fighting is VERY different. The magic that Merasmus has is magic from our world, where real fighting comes from being professional. Sure we'll give the usual encouragement to one another but we don't sit around and gush about our love and tolerance or whatever is is you sheilas want to call it. We're well aware that we appreciate our teammates' work. Our minds need to be clear while we work so that we can concentrate."

Twilight's eyes widened.

"Sniper, your cutie mark.."

They all looked down, to see Sniper's mark glowing.

"Well, it's never done that before."

Spy frowned and rubbed his chin.

"I experienced the same zing earlier while I was fighting. Princess, do you know anysing about zis?"

"No, I'm afraid I don't... What were you doing when it happened, Spy?"

"I backstabbed a group of maybe ten of zose bug ponies. Nozing special."

Scout stepped forward and added, "Mine started glowing after I slapped the sense back into Medic."

"Ah don't know if this'll help, but I thought I saw Solly's glowing when he landed in front of us not too long ago at the nest."

"And Engie's vas glowing just a second ago after he deployed ze despenser!"

Pyro shrugged. "I thought I saw something glowing in my suit after burning a bunch of those shado things..."

Princess Celestia and Twilight exchanged confused glances. Celestia kneeled down, and examined the RED team's cutie marks and the pony who wore them.

"I don't understand what could have possibly caused them to glow like that..."

"You don't, but I might."

Miss Pauling rushed forward with a stack of books, papers, and quills.

"Sorry for butting in like this Princess, but this is sort of my thing." She drops her load to the grass, and sorts them out. "I first noticed Heavy's mark glowing actually, when he started shooting at the army of Changelings. He just mowed so many of them down without moving, it got me thinking. So then I did some asking around and heard about the Elements of Harmony, which is you six ponies. I also heard that it was Equestria's ONLY real form of effetive defence. That's also terrible by the way, since having only one defence mechanism also leaves so much room for failure." Miss Pauling gestures behind her at the mess that was Ponyville. "Example A. However, I did some reading, which is where I've been the entire time. Since we come from another world, we bring an entirely new form of defence to Equestria. Like, new Elements I guess we'd call it. Rather than Laughter, Kindness, whatever else you have, we have other things. Of course I haven't exactly been able to place wha they might be, I've been working on it. Hopefully I can figure it all out..."

Rainbow Dash shook her head and frowned. "Wait, you're telling me there's TEN other elements?! How is that even possible?!"

"I just explained why, actually."

Miss Pauling climbed on top of the dispenser, and cleared her throat. "The next wave is going to be here any minute. Medic, charge your Über. Demo, line every main street entrance with stickybombs. Spy, you and Sniper go to the furthest outskirts that you can, and Spy, try to get behind them. Engie, take this little makeshift map and set up sentry guns and dispensers exactly where I have them. Scout, you and Dash do what you do best. Fly fast, and try not to die. Soldier, Heavy, Pyro, to the front lines. Alright guys, move out!"

The team packed their things and moved back into Ponyville, ready to attack. Celestia pointed to Miss Pauling's Quill cutie mark. "Yours is glowing now as well. Miss Pauling grabbed a notebook and started scribbling in it.

"Interesting." She gathered the rest of her stuff, and ran around to each teammate. Five minutes later she returned, notebook full of writing.

"I've asked them all for details on what they were doing EXACTLY while their marks glowed. The only one who didn't have such an occurance yet was Medic."

Twilight studied Miss Pauling's notes, and shrugged.

"I still don't get it... Maybe we have to wait until Medic gets his?"

"Most likely."

Pauling set her notebook down and squinted at the distance.

"Which if I'm correct... will be very soon. Follow me, this is something you ponies just have to see."

Miss Pauling led Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Princess Celestia to Medic and Heavy, who were bracing themselves for the impact of a massive shadow dragon.

"Ponies, hide in the alley there, and watch this."

She ushered the ponies into the alley and they all watched silently and patiently.

Medic nudged Heavy in the side and muttered, "Fully charged."

Heavy nodded, and moved forward a step. "Charge me, Doktor."

Medic lifted the Medigun up further. He let the massive shadow dragon get close enough that it would be able to step on them, and deployed the Über. Heavy started glowing that familiar red, and laughed as he was filled with overwhelming power. Of course, Medic had no idea what could happen to an Übered pony, since ponies aren't usually Übered. Heavy actually sprouted a horn, and while shooting with his gun, ALSO blasted the creature with an intense magic beam.

Medic laughed hysterically as they absolutely destroyed the massive shadow dragon. The Über died, and the two of them held their breath before laughing again at the thought of what they just did. Magical ponies become bulletproof and destroy a massive dragon made of shadows, which shouldn't even have been able to exist nor touch them. The situation was just very funny to them.

"Wow... What on earth was THAT?!"

Medic turned to face Twilight, who came out from the alley way to stare at the Übered pony.

"Vell, I have no idea. I didn't expect zat to give him a horn. It's gone now, zough, so it is a simple ubered zing I believe. Zat's never happened before, so..."

"But what was it? What you just did?"

"Zat, Fräulein Sparkle, vas ze Übercharge. It makes someone invulnerable for a short period of time. It gives zem power beyond belief! Vould you like to try it? It's quite fun."

"If you don't mind, I would actually. Maybe it will help me understand it more..."

Medic nodded and quickly charged her with it, then said, "Fully charged."

Twilight gave him the ok, and he flipped it on. Instead of red, Twilight radiated a royal purple, and her eyes turned completely yellow. She shivered but a wide green spread across her face. Twilight herself grew larger, her mane began to flow, and she looked almost like Celestia but with a straighter mane. Her horn started to glow, and she shot a massive beam of magical energy towards the distant Changelings, completely destroying that group. The Über died, and Twilight reverted to her normal form.

"Wow... that was... Fantastic! I don't think I've ever felt anything like that in my LIFE!!!"