• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

Give Up Already

"Hmm.. So let's see here. Your teammates all want you dead, you have nothing left, and you're powerless. You're useless, no one will care if you died. You should probably give up and join us now, you know. It's the only thing you can do. Come on, you disgusting waste of oxygen. Join your fellow alicorns in the dark... We'll be your new family. We'll be the only things left that care about you. We ARE the only things left that care about you and your existence. Come on, just say yes..."

~~~

"Have any of y'all seen the Medic? It's already dinner time, and ah'm gettin' kinda worried, and Heavy hasn't taken a break since, he's just been wanderin' around the hole town lookin' for him."

"Not a sight of him, mate. Woke up this morning, helped the pretty pony with her dresses, and then came here. Same with Spy."

"What about you, Pryo? Any sign of Medic?"

"Ugh, not even close. Pinkie Pie spent the whole day stuffing me with cakes and candies.. I think my sweet tooth is pregnant or something now.. Oh, speaking of Pinkie, she's throwing an arrival party for the ten of us."

"Better tell her to make it for the eight of us, 'cause I think we've lost Heavy and Medic."

"Scout!"

"What? It's true. Medic's fricken gone, and Heavy ain't comin' back until he finds him."

"Naw, Heavy will come back eventually, especially if he's expected somewhere, like Pinkie's party."

An awkward silence fell over the seven mercs, as the wondered if the situation was genuinely something to worry about. Medic was known for hiding away and doing his own thing, but Twilight even told them that he wasn't anywhere in the castle. She hadn't even seen or heard him leave. They were sure that he was fine though... probably...

Heavy then returned, a grim look on his face.

"Found nothing. No Medic anywhere."

"Aw don't worry big fella, ah'm sure he'll turn up soon..."

"Soon is not soon enough."

"Och, 'el be alright lad, Medic's a grow up. He knows how ta' survive."

"What if he is in trouble? Heavy will not forgive self if Medic is harmed."

"Trouble? There ain't any fricken trouble here, this is magical fairy ponyland."

"Scout does not know. There could be dangers."

"Heavy's right. We don't know a lot about this place. The two of us were kept up all night by some strange bangin' noises. Call me crazy, but ah think it might have been tryin' to get to us."

"Sorry to interrupt whatever you guys are talking about, but I have your drinks. I got... a red wine, three beers, two lemonades, and two waters."

~~~

"Welcome to the party, everypony!"

Music blasted, balloons floated through the air, and streamers fell around as party lights bathed Sugarcube Corner in festive colors.

"We're all here to say hello to the RED team; Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demo, Engineer, Heavy, Sniper, Spy, and Medic! They're here to help us stop a crazy evil that we can't control, so make them feel super welcome! They're also joined by their friend, Miss Pauling!"

The ponyville ponies stomped and cheered, as the members of RED put fake smiles on their faces. It was now late at night, and there was still no sign of Medic. They grouped together in a corner by an open window, which Spy and Sniper were perched in, the two smoking cigarettes. Engineer and Pyro were comforting Heavy, who wasn't doing too well without his medic. Miss Pauling was trying to think of a way to tell Scout that she heard everything he said. Demo had already fallen asleep, and was leaning against the wall in an awkward position. Twilight noticed them in the corner, and frowned at their emotionless expressions. She trotted over to them slowly and asked,

"Is everything okay? You all look so... dull... no offence."

"Non, Mademoiselle Sparkle. Everything is definitely not alright, but zat is not a problem. Medic has still not returned, and we have started to fear the worst. We searched absolutely everywhere, and zere is still no sign of-"

Music stopped, balloons popped, and streamers fell still as the door swung open with a loud clatter. There was Medic, leaning against the doorframe. He was taking deep, shaky breaths, and he wobbled on his hooves like he'd never walked as a pony before. The RED mercs gasped and ran to his side, but immediately backed off as Medic tensed and shrunk away from them. He braced himself, just in case this wasn't the right reality.

"Medic, where the Hell have you been?"

He stared at Engineer, who didn't seem to have any wrenches to pound him with this time. Medic took their concerned expressions into consideration, and relaxed a bit.

"...Novhere. Sorry, I vas... in ze forest."

Heavy loomed over him, and huffed angrily. "Medic was okay the whole time?"

"...Ja."

"Never. Ever. Do that again. We were worried that you had gotten hurt or died."

"Nein, you treat me like some young child! I can handle myself!"

Which wasn't true at all, since Medic just had an emotional breakdown a minute ago in front of Merasmus and the shadowy mare who trapped him in a nightmarish limbo throughout the entire day. Medic suddenly snapped his wings out, and stepped backwards out the door.

"You don't need to SCOLD me for being an adult! Just because I'm not a drunken DEFFECT like ze rest of you vith all of your guns and grenades does NOT make me a weak and helpless CHILD. MAYBE IF YOU ALL VEREN'T SO THICK YOU VOULD REALIZE ZAT."

There was a moment of dead silence, as the ponies and mercs were too shocked at his outburst to respond. Heavy blinked, and frowned slowly. Of course Medic had called them stupid before, but not like that. This time it was different. It just wasn't like him.

"...We need to talk."

"NEIN. VE NEED TO DO NICHTS."

"See? They treat you like you're nothing. They don't know what you're really capable of. We tried to tell you this before, and now you have your proof. You can do amazing things with a mind like yours, Medic. Come on, join us."

Medic took another step back, still glaring furiously at the mercs in front of him. Scout stepped outside, and went around to the other side of Medic, as if to block his path. "Uh, doc? You feeling alright? You don't look too good..."

"Just say yes, right now, and I'll give you all the power you could ever want..."

The other eight mercs surrounded him, their concern growing. Heavy stood in front, and once again tried to reason with him. "Doktor, please calm down. You are not child, we know this. We are just very worried."

"Worried? They're not WORRIED, they're LYING to you. Come on, join us, RULE THE WORLD WITH US."

"Lies. You don't care."

"If we didn't care, we wouldn'ta spent all day lookin' for ya! Are y'all tired? Come on, they've got room in the shop, you just need some sleep..."

The mercs stepped forward as Medic hunched down slightly, as if he was ready to take off.

"I know you want to. All it takes is a simple yes..."

"Nein. I am not tired. I don't vant to go anyvhere vith you."

"There you go... don't let them tell you who's in charge."

"Doktor will come with us now."

"Nein."

"Don't let him do it."

"Da. Medic comes with us. You are sick."

Scout retreated to the back of Sugarcube Corner to ask Twilight to help just in case things got ugly. She joined the circle quickly, and she could immediately tell that something was seriously wrong.

"I'm not SICK you disgusting-"

Heavy lifted Medic into the air with one of his giant hooves, keeping him from running away.

"You are sick. Purple pony, we take him home. I will guard door. No exceptions."

~~~

"They're treating you like a toddler."

"I am avare."

"So, just say yes to me, and you can show them they're wrong."

"I'm not saying yes to you... yet."

"What? Why not? Do you not see how they're treating you? You're so much MORE than this, doctor."

"Or maybe I'm not. You are ze one who made me live through zose horrible zings, aren't you? Vhy should I trust you?"

"I was only showing you the TRUTH, Doctor. I was showing you how they really felt."

"Sure, but if zey did not truly care about me, zey vouldn't have been so concerned vhen I showed up to ze party. I also vould not be locked in zis vindowless room vith Heavy blocking ze door."

"They're doing this just to HUMILIATE you, not because they care!"

"I appreciate you keeping me company, but please leave. I am not in ze mood for your scheisse"

Author's Note:

Wow, the word count for this chapter is not a coincidence