• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

Major League

"...After taking an extensive amount of notes I have concluded zat zis is NOT reality! But um... I am completely unaware.... of vhat it actually is... And now I am... talking to myself..."

Medic dropped the feather pen that he had been holding in his mouth, and readjusted his position. He was currently in the grass right outside of ponyville, because anywhere he went INSIDE of the village, he was cursed at, had things thrown at him, and every single pony seemed to hate him more than anything else. He first went back to grab a thin journal, then fled to a small hillish area right outside of town. He decided to document everything that happened and how each new beginning of every nighmare worked, so that he could try to make some sense of it. He also wanted to make sure that he didn't end up losing his god damned mind. The first entry read as the following:

The first time I woke up in this hellish nightmare, my legs were torn off and I was surrounded by what could only be my own blood. The first red flag of it not being real was the fact that I couldn't feel any actual pain. I then noticed a strange creature in my closet, staring at me with the strangest glowing white eyes. I woke up suddenly after that, nearly having a heart attack. The closet door was opening, and I figured that it meant that the creature was going to jump out at me. I then leapt out of the window, trying to find Scout and Pauling. I woke up in my bed again. The thing from the closet was quick to attack this time, and I could just barely feel it tear into my flesh when I woke up once more. I then tooka different approach, and tried the hallway. I ended up having to break the door down to get out. I hid in another closet, and some strange voice started saying terrible things to me... I woke up again, finally in the real world. Apparently something bad happened, because when I tried to approach my teammates and the other ponies, they treated me like I was some disgusting monster. I haven't felt emotions like these since I was a young child... Even as a man of science, I cannot explain why. I'm plagued with horrible anxiety. I went from a fearless wolf to a wet cat overnight.

Medic laid down in the grass, and let his ears fall. He then swore at himself, and stood back up proudly. "Zere is no time to feel sorry for myself! I should be getting to ze bottom of zis!"

He regretted this choice after a few hours of being mercilessly beaten and scorn by his teammates. No new information was discovered.

~~~

"Goooooood MORNING Pyro!" Pinkie bounced into the room of the slumbering fire mare, and giggled uncontrollably. Pyro lifted her head from the pillow she was given and groaned, brushing from stray strands of her mane from her face. She shifted uncomfortably in her suit which she had forgotten to take off to sleep that night.

"Mornin'...."

Pinkie snorted and laughed at her, unconvinced by her guest's groggy attitute.

"Come on silly, you got TONS of sleep! Get that tail shaking!" She tore Pyro's covers off with her teeth, and presented her with a tray of cupcakes. "You all get a party later! I started planning it yesterday, and haven't slept since! NINE new ponies?! THAT'S A REAL FIESTA IF YOU ASK ME! I made it red themed since you all seem to love the color so much! Can't imagine why, PINK is so much better!"

Pyro rolled her eyes, and sat up slowly. "They're pretty similar colors, aren't they?"

Pinkie only giggled again, and bounced out of the room while explaining how there was breakfast ready downstairs for when she wanted it.

~~~

"...Sheila, there's a stitch out of place on your dress there."

"Oh please, call me Rarity! Where, Sniper? Which dress?"

Sniper tilted his head towards a flowery dress hanging in the window of Rarity's boutique. She inspected it, but couldn't find a thing wrong. She took another look, this time through a magnifying glass, and gasped. "Goodness, there IS! It's so tiny though, how could you have seen it from all the way over there??"

Sniper shrugged, and levitated his rifle from the floor.

"Guess this little beauty has given me a keen eye."

~~~

"So uh, Scout, are you and Miss Pauling dating?"

Scout nearly doubled over at Rainbow's question. He laughed nervously, and looked around the room for the purple pegasus. After he made sure the coast was clear, he pulled Rainbow close and said quietly,

"See, we ain't datin'. I mean, not exactly. Okay we're not dating. But I'm tryin'. I fell in love the first moment I saw her. You're gonna make fun of me for gettin' all sappy here, Dash, but I'm gonna do it anyways. This is a one time deal for me, so listen close. You're a girl, right? What do girls like? If someone incredibly handsome, like me, and charming, like me... I mean... if someone like me was gonna ask you out, how would you want me to do it? I've been tryin' for the past couple years to ask out Miss Pauling, but I just can't. She's too pretty and smart for me. Every time I get near her or try to ask, my head gets all fuzzy and I can't get the words out. You know how hard it is to want to date someone who's like, a BILLION PERCENT out of your league?"

Rainbow nudged him away gently, but had a concerned look on her face. "Wow... you must really love her, right?"

"Of course I do!! The fellas, they make fun of me for it. They'll say, 'the one thing Scout loves more than baseball is Miss Pauling.' or 'you gonna ask her out yet or are you just gonna sit there and waste the electricity in the van again.' They treat it like some running gag, like it's just part of my personality to be in love with every girl I see. Like I WOULDN'T miss her if she was replaced, I'd just flirt with the next one! But that ain't true. I don't stick with girls that long if I'm not genuinely invested in 'em! I tried so many things to impress her, but they don't work. Tried bein' myself, didn't work, of course. She's a lady that likes smarts, and I don't have 'em. I don't have a good education. I'm twenty three, I didn't go to college, I dropped out of highschool, all I got goin' for me is running and baseball."

Rainbow rolled her eyes and raised one of her hooves. She glanced behind Scout, and smirked. "Scout, just how much do you love Miss Pauling?"

"Everything she does is wonderful, Dash. She's pretty.. no, she's gorgeous, and she's an absolute genius. She knows how to get us out of tight jams, she knows how to build bombs, she always smells like lavender, her glasses always sit kinda crooked on her face... Her favorite weapon is the hacksaw, her favorite movies are horror comedies, and her favorite food is popcorn. Running is the only thing I got goin' for me, and I'd give my damn legs for her. The only thing is, I just can't tell her that."

"Awe, that's really sweet Scout. I bet she likes you too, you're an amazing guy for remembering all that stuff about her."

"Nah, doubt it. Miss Pauling's too busy for that kinda stuff. Well, hope your training went well. Forgot to ask earlier. I'm gonna go down and try to find the rest of the team. See ya later, Dash." Scout leapt up and flew through the window, heading towards Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow grinned at Miss Pauling, who had wandered in some time during Scout's little speech, and stayed hidden in the hallway where he couldn't see her.

"I don't know how you haven't even given him a chance yet!"

Author's Note:

WOW I DIDN'T HAVE INTERNET FOR A FEW DAYS OOPS WELP BACK TO UPDATING