• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,362 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,362

Stop Hitting Yourself

"...It's been five hours of silence. It is probably... four in ze morning... I can just barely hear Heavy breazing on ze ozer side of ze door... Tell me, vhy did you vant ME, of all my teammates?"


"Don't you get it? You're above them, Doctor. A real man of science. You've brought lives back even after they crossed to the other side. You haven't just toiled in God's domain, you marched in proudly with your head held high. You've accomplished impossible feats of science. You developed the ÜberCharge. You're an ALICORN, Doctor. Alicorns are the GODS of this realm, and you're one of them. You have abilities beyond what they know."

"I appreciate ze flattery, but it vill get you novhere. I'm asking for ze specific reasons vhy you chose me. Vhat you are planning. I only agree when I know everyzing."

"You truly ARE a smart man, Doctor. We are much like each other, you know. Used to be a naive child with big hopes and dreams that were crushed mercilessly by something horrible. I know your life, Doctor. I've been in your head. I've seen your memories. I know how you feel. I know it hurts."

"Oh shut up. Stop trying to relate to me. Ve are different species from different worlds entirely."

"Are we, Doctor? How are you to know? Maybe I've been here the entire time, and only now want to show myself to you. I may be someone that you love dearly, who just could not let go."

"I don't care about anyvone."


"You cared about THEM, Doctor. You loved them so much, you would have given your life for them."

"Stop talking, right now."


"Sweet little Eva, she had the brightest smile."

"If you don't stop talking I'm going to rip you to shreds."

"You CAN'T though, Doctor. You can't because I'm inside your head. I'm YOU now. I will get the revenge you crave."

Medic levitates his amputator with his magic, and carefully debates sawing his own head in half.


"Don't even think about it. Alicorns in this realm are almost imortal. You'll just spend an eternity in pain if you try to get rid of me. Come on, just say yes! I'll give you the power you deserve. You can return to your regular world and destroy the ones who have wronged you."

"Vhy do you need me to say yes so badly? Vhy don't you just do vhatever you vant to me yourself razzer zan torture me like zis?"

"Oh Doctor... that sounded like a yes to me!"

"Vait, vhat? ACH! NEIN! SCHEISSE!! VHAT ARE YOU DOING?"


"Making a few.. minor adjustments!"

"VHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE MY SKULL IS SPLITTING IN TWO?!"

The shouting alerted Heavy, who immediately flung open the door.

"Doktor, what is wrong??"

Medic stared at him from the floor, and shrugged.

"Nothing. Why do you assume there's something wrong?"

Heavy raised an eyebrow, and examined the doctor. "Your accent. What happened to it?"

"My... accent?"

Medic cleared his throat and looked up at the ceiling. The shadow mare sighed, wondering how she could have made such a stupid mistake. Of COURSE she forgot the accent.

"Zere is nozing wrong vis it, iz zere?"

Heavy gave him an unimpressed look, and closed the door. He sat down in front of it, and stared at Medic.

"Heavy will stay inside and watch Medic. Something is not right."

Oh great.

~~~

"So... You're the Scout, right? What is it you all do back where you come from?"

Scout leaned against the wall of the castle, not too thrilled about being awake at this hour. He listened to Twilight blabber on for a couple hours before she finally asked that question.

"What do we do? A little pony like you probably can't handle it."

Twilight smirked. "Please. I've saved Equestria dozens of times from terrible evils, I can handle pretty much anything."

Scout grinned and pulled out his bat. He rolled it across the floor at her. "Can ya handle this?"

Twilight lifted the bat, still smirking. "Are you kidding me?" she asked, a hint of superiority in her voice. "Of course I can handle a little bat. Who do you think I am?"

"Oh I dunno. But it's not the bat that you can't handle. That bat has caved in the skull of over a thousand people."

Twilight's eyes widened. She screamed bloody murder, and dropped the bat. She looked up at Scout, and was immediately disgusted by his grin. "You mean you... k-ki... killed.....?"

"Where we come from it's pretty common, actually. Even MORE common when it comes to my job. Mission starts, first thing I do is grab a bat, ball, gun, and let the dust bellow me fly as I rush through the battlefield batting in their brains."

Twilight gasped in horror, and backed away from the Scout. "B-But couldn't you have just, talked it out?! O-Or maybe just imprisoned them somewhere???!! Did you have to KILL them?!"

"Oh princess you wouldn't last a MINUTE where we're from. Our job was to fight the other guys to try to steal the land they were given by their dad or somethin'. Then they were murdered and we were hired to deffend Mann Co. Then we were fired AGAIN and lived out our lives for like, a year. But durin' that time the Spy and I were actually imprisoned for war crimes and nearly hung. It wasn't pretty. Then all this weird shit happened and we ended up fighting more robots. We finally finished 'em off, then you ponies brought us here with your freaky unicorn magic so now we're fightin' again."

"I'm so sorry... we didn't know that you were done fighting, we-"

Scout laughed, and leapt into the air while snapping his wings out. "You kiddin' me?! Fightin's the best! I dunno what I would do without it! And I freakin' LOVE fightin' Merasmus. He's a wizard who knows magic and crap. I'm not talkin' 'bout silly pony magic neither. I'm talkin cray kinda magic. Plus whenever he's around, we ALL get to use it."

"Incredible... But uh, I'm also concerned about Medic... is he always like this?"

"Well hell if I know. If we're not on the battlefield, he's holed up in the medical ward doing God knows what. I dunno who his is, where he came from, what he's really like. Actually, I can say that for pretty much all of our teammates. I didn't even know Pyro was a GIRL until like, yesterday. All I know is that he's acting funny, and it's upsettin' Heavy. 'Cause they're gay for each other. Except don't bring that up or else one of 'em might hit ya really hard. Tellin' you this from experience."

"O-Oh... well... Okay then..."

~~~

"Wow... you built all this?"

Engineer nodded to Applejack, who was now marvelling at his creations set up in the barn. She gasped at the dispensers and ran her hoof along one gently. "Y'all sure do live up to yer names... Engineer is right..."

"Well, ah do pride myself in mah work. Like creatin' a workin' teleporter. Only ones to do that before were the Australians because of their Australium, which one of mah grandfathers got a hold of, and it's been in mah family since."

~~~

"...Please say something, Doktor."

Medic glared at Heavy, and turned back around to face the wall. He had moved to the corner and was completely ignoring Heavy, who was trying to get closer to him without leaving the door. Medic had been completely silent during that time, and wasn't even looking at him.

"Doktor, say something."

Medic didn't even spare him a glance this time. He only flicked his tail, and remained staring at the wall.

"This is not like you. I don't like seeing you like this. It worries me, and I care about you."

This caused Medic's ears to perk up slightly. Actual words of showing affection? Maybe the shadow mare was just lying to get him to believe her and agree with them.

"Doktor, please say something. Anything."

"Vhy?"

Heavy let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Doktor... I was worried is all."

"No, vhy do you care about me? Ve aren't supposed to care about each ozer, we're supposed to fight next to each ozer and try not to die. Ve are supposed to be professionals. You all have close bonds vis each ozer and I have tried everyzing in my power to stay AVAY from zat. Pyro and Engie are close friends, Spy and Sniper have a strange friendship, Demo and Soldier are buddies, but I'm not. I'm not a PART of zat, herr Heavy. I've steered avay from everyvone. I've locked my doors and didn't talk during dinner. I refused to make any of zose connections vis our team. Vhat, on God's green Earth, could you have possibly found in me zat made me vorth caring about?"

Heavy lowered his eyes, and shifted his position. "Don't say that Doktor, you're not as bad of a person as you think you are. You have good qualities. You are perhaps the only sane one on our team. Definitely smartest. You have many good qualities and I care about you a lot."

Medic sighed and rolled his eyes.

"If ze Scout vas here, ve vouldn't hear ze end of zis."

Author's Note:

*Cough Cough* Yeah I ship the Heavy and the Medic, don't like don't read ;)

And yes the team is getting ready to fight Merasmus soon! In just a few more chapters there will be an epic showdown.

Which isn't a spoiler, because that should be expected.