• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,359 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,359

Sol-journ

Engineer and Heavy managed to pull some beds together in Applejack's barn from hay. It was scratchy and slightly uncomfortable, but it wasn't as bad as sleeping on the cold, hard ground. Engineer felt right at home on the farm already, loving being surrounded by ponies that shared his accent and passion for building and working hard. The whole farm gave Heavy a bad vibe, particularly because it reminded him of the work camps he and his family were sent to. Unlike the camp though, Sweet Apple Acres had a much happier and light-hearted vibe to it. Engineer and Heavy were both welcomed like family and given a huge meal to celebrate their arrival, even though they declined and told the apples not to worry. Now they were walking back to the barn, stomachs full, an exhausted from the day they had.

"Well shoot ma'am, I feel awful for not being able to repay you for all this kindness."

Applejack grinned, delighted that somepony had actually called her ma'am. She tipped her hat back and replied, "Aw don't worry about it partner, it ain't nothin'. We love havin' visitors here!"

"Are you sure there ain't anything we can do to help?"

Applejack thought for a moment, examining the trees and baskets littered at their roots. "Well, y'all could help us with some of the farmwork if ya really wanted to... We got a lot to do tomorrah after neglectin' everythin' today."

Engineer's face lit up, and he readjusted his goggles. "W'ell be happy to help!"

Heavy snorted. Engineer liked working a bit TOO much sometimes.

~~~

"Well, this is a full hallway of guest bedrooms... we have a lot of space in here, so it gets pretty quiet at night... I do some late night studying so you may here me moving around because of the echoes... The kitchen is right down that hall over there if you need anything to eat at all," Twilight gestured to the hallway with her wings, while still using her front hoof to point out the guest bedrooms. "So don't worry about getting us first. If, by chance, something bad happens, I'm sure you can take care of yourself but just in case don't worry about waking us up or anything... Uh... if you'd like you can go to the main library, it's packed full of books, you seem like the type who enjoys reading so... Yep! Uh, I'll stop bothering you now..."

Medic stared at Twilight blankly, never hearing anyone other than Scout or Pauling talk so much without taking a break. He nodded his head slowly to show that he had a basic idea of what she just rambled about. "Zank you... Fräulein Sparkle... I appreciate ze hospitality. Not many people... vell I suppose, not many PONIES vould take mercs like us in."

"Oh it's really not a problem! You ARE agreeing to help us fight... Merasmus, you called him?"

"Oh ve aren't agreeing, ve just don't have a choice. Vell, maybe I'm agreeing a little bit... It vas depressing vhen I realized zat ve vouldn't be able to fight anyvone for a long time. Sorry if zat sounds strange or creepy, but I am a Merc. It's my job."

Twilight and Spike exchanged uneasy glances, feeling less comfortable in the Medic's presence.

"W-Well! Thanks for helping anyways! We're going to go do our own thing now, feel free to do the same...! Uh... Yeah.... Haha..."

Medic gave the two a dirty look as they shuffled off, COMPLETELY aware that they were judging him. He quickly straigtened out his face after realizing that he was in no place to be angry with them. These ponies were a peaceful bunch, and even allowed him to stay in their home. They had no quarrel with them.

Medic let his head drop, and immediately went into the first guest room. He actually enjoyed being in this strange place. It was much more peaceful.. much warmer... It felt like a real home to him. He fell over onto the large, soft bed, trying to piece everything together.

Merasmus was in ponyland, they were called here to stop him, whatever. What really didn't sit well with him was that Merasmus made a big show about "surprising" them. Merasmus has never really been seen as an actual threat, so what made this time any different? Something, and he didn't know what, made Medic make sure to lock his doors and windows. He felt childish in doing so, but he kept the blankets completely over himself.

~~~

"Aheheh... which one did you say to ruin again?"

"The Medic. He's always been the one standing in the way! Healing everybody, making sure they don't die... Or wait no, the Engineer! He's got all these creazy contraptions that heal and teleport and shoot and... Or maybe the Sniper, with that Huntsman... But then there's the Pyro and her ability to put out all of my flames... oh this is a hard decision, I need to think about this for a moment...."

"Hurry up you mindless witch-woman, the night doesn't last forever!"

"Fine, fine! The Medic, go for the Medic. His brain is all he has! If you can just mess him up a bit, there'll be nothing they can do to help! I'm a genius, haha!!"

"Sure, sure... Fine."

~~~

"So, Scout, you're the fastest then...?"

"Yep! And the youngest, most handsome, and-" Miss Pauling sighed and punched Scout in the side. "He's also the most irrational. We only hired him for his incredible speed. If it weren't for that, he'd be out already. You're only what, eighteen?"

"I'm like twenty! Or something... I don't remember...Why do you all treat me like a little kid?"

"Because everyone else is in their thirties and fourties!"

"Miss Pauling, YOU are twenty."

"I'm... young!"

Rainbow listened to them bickering back and forth until she couldn't take it anymore. "Okay, you're dumb and fast, she's young and pretty, we get it. Moving on to something that matters! You two can sleep wherever. Clouds are soft. Trust me, I grew up on them. I have flight team practice early tomorrow so I'm not gonna be here. There's food in the fridge, or you can both go into town. I'm about to pass out, so g'night."

Rainbow yawned and stretched her hooves, then retired to the upstairs.

Scout shifted uncomfortably, now noticing the eerie silence. Miss Pauling glided over to the window, and stared out into the darkness.

"Scout? I have a terrible feeling about this whole situation."

Scout leaned against Rainbow's couch, and pulled his hat off.

"I've had a bad feeling since we got here."