• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
Endverse....

The poster image of a post apocalyptic world, complete with crackled dried earth, shriveled sticks that were once trees and bushes, and dusty winds that forced you to narrow your eyes. With no trees, bushes, or even houses to direct the flow of wind, the skies were turned brown with dirt that filled the air, making it also hard for any pony or any creature around to breath. Not a single sign of life was in sight, every direction one looked it was the same, a flat land of dried dirt, with a few mountains in the far distance, one of them Sunny could swear he recognized. It didn't look right at first, but when he realized what it was and why it didn't look right, Sunny began rushing toward it as fast as he could. It felt like hours he ran through the wasteland, feeling the breaking of twigs under his hooves every now and again, his eyes narrowed to keep as much dirt out of his eyes as possible, and his teeth clenched as he breathed acting as a filter for the same reason. After crossing what he assumed to be a dried up river surrounded the frail remains of dried up trees, Sunny looked up in horror as his fears were confirmed. The mountain that didn't look quite right was none other then Canterlot mountain. And the part that had made him question it's identity happened to be the missing castle city! All of Canterlot was gone!

Eyes trailing down, it didn't take long to find where it was. He couldn't say for certain, but it looked like the entire castle and city just collapsed and fell to the base of the mountain. Underneath all that rubble, maybe there was an explanation as to what happened to Equeatria. Sunny got up and dragged his feet, pushing himeslf forward toward the broken remains of the once idolized capital of Equestria. After another hour or so, Sunny made it to the edge of the rubble and debris, which was ironically marked by the archway that once fed into Canterlot itself. Seeing the statues of his mother and Aunt Luna that once greeted travelers with open hooves, now crumbling and almost unrecognizable chunks of cut marble made Sunny feel sick. Pressing on, Sunny had to climb over tall mountains of crimbled marble, concreet, shinny cobble stone streets, and demolished homes, just to make it to the epicenter of the collapsed city. Along the way, Sunny called out for any servivors, anypony who might be hidding in the broken city, thriving and surviving as best as they could. He was greeted by nothing mut stillness and the sound of the dust filled wind all around him. Even if there were ponies hidding, afraid to say anyhing, Sunny could have sensed their fear. But there was no fear. Not even the very, very subtle fear belonging to insects underground. The destroyed city was quiet, with only the subtle blowing of dirty wind to break the defining silance. Once at the center, Sunny climbed what once must have been a dormitory. It had a large telescope sticking out of it's cracked dome roof that Sunny climbed to get a better view. Atop the telescope, Sunny was careful not to get cut by the large broken lense as he looked out to the rest of what remained of Canterlot. It all was just dark and empty. Taking a deep breath, Sunny closed his eyes and tried to focus on tapping into his inner Umbrum.

Acting on some deeply buried instinct, Sunny letout a horrible howling noise that sent shavers down his own spine, knowing that this was his father's bloodline calling out. The sound echoed eerily off the broken marble and concrete. If there was any pony, heck, any creature within 1000 miles, he would have sensed even the slightest bit of fear from them. But as his howl died down, Sunny's heart sank, sensing not a drop of fear.…

Sunny continued to wander, his body growing weaker and weaker, and slowly fadding between his solid pony body and his shadowy smoke like umbrum body, his hunger and thirst grew more and more. With almost no water, say for a muddy puddle that he was able to dig up here and there, and nothing to eat, say for a few dried up branches that managed to survive on less water then he did, Sunny was slowly succumbing to starvation. Despite it all, though, a part of him refused to give up. There was a part of Sunny that told him to press on, despite the horrible things he's seen.

Not only had Sunny rummaged through the shattered remains of Canterlot, finding no sign anypony had been there in the longest time, but he had traveled north, hoping with everything he had that the Crystal Empire was in one piece. That maybe whatever catastrophe had befallen the rest of Equeatria, that maybe the Empire returned after the horrible cataclysm and was somehow unscaved. His hopes were shattered as he stumbled around more wasteland that lead up to what remained of the Crystal Empire. It was in even worse shape then Canterlot had been, if that was even possible. The once glimmering buildings, lush green fields and mighty crystal castle that stood as a monolith symbol for the entire Empire, were all shattered, and worn down by both the sands of time and the harsh scratching of the dirt filled air. The castle was nothing more then a few broken walls, nearly a few hooves high, the buildings were less then that, and the once lush green fields had dried up like the rest of equestria. This only made Sunny's heart ach more, losing his original home.

'Home' the word rang in Sunny's head as his ghostly hooves scrapped against the hard dirt ground surrounding the Crystal Empire. His body was resembling more and more of an umbrum then a pony, but at that moment he didn't care. Something else was more pressing then his physical appearance, more then his hunger and thirst, and more then the answer as to what happened to Equeatria this time around. He had to get home. To the Apple farm. To where his new family was. He was just in Ponyville, but was more shocked and needed to see the state of Canterlot and the Crystal Empire then the state of Sweet Apple Acres. Or... maybe he was avoiding it. Maybe deep down, Sunny didn't want so see what had become of the Apple farm, of the barn, the old farm house, or of the Apple family themselves.

Sunny's umbrum hooves hardly needed to touch the ground now as his shifting shadowy body moved with great speed with the everchanging dirt filled gust that swept across the land. He didnt know how long he had been running, but Sunny had arrived at Sweet Apple Acres before he knew it. There wasn't much else to Equeatria, no more landmarks or even a sign. But Sunny knew where he was. Where he stood. And when he arrived there, tears began to fall from his shadowy muzzle.

The hills that were once coated in a sea of apple trees, were now bare with not even shriveled trees or stumps remaining of the once fruit bearing trees. The arch that separated the fence that circled the Apple orchard was gone, as was the fence. Sunny felt sick. If he had eaten anything other then a few dried sticks earlier, he would have lost it then. He didnt want to, but Sunny pressed on. He needed to be sure. He felt all hope was lost, but he refused to walk away with stones left unturned. It was going to devastate him. But he rather take the pain and know then always ask 'what if i had just pressed on a little bit farther?'. Taking a deep, raspy breath, Sunny began walking down the trail that once lead ponies up the road to the Apple family home. It didn't take Sunny long to see that the barn that stood next to the house was completely gone, but a flicker of hope flashed as Sunny saw that the farm house was mostly intact!

Running up the steps to the house, Sunny reached for the handle, but the rusted metal nob crumbled in jos hoof, leaving red dust in the frog of his hoof. Sunny hesitatsd, but pushed the door open as gently as he could, only for the front door to crack on its rusted hindges and fall to the floor infront of him. Sunny paused for a long moment, eyes wide trying to figure out what it was he was looking at. His heart broke once again when he realized the cruel trick that was played on him by this version of Equestria. The front of the farm house was mostly intact. But just beyond the porch, the rest of it was missing. Almost like a building on a movie set. With a sigh, Sunny could guess why this was. At some point, the front of the Apple family barn house must have been blown up or destroyed somehow, there was always some mayhem going on in Ponyville even before all this time jumping nonsense, and the Apples must have used some kind of newer, stronger wood to rebuild the front part of the house… before whatever happened, happened…

With a sunken Heart, Sunny's body returned to being smoke and shadow as he stepped off of the crumbaling farm house patio. Not two seconds after his seemingly weightless body left the dried up wooden floor did the rest of the structure collapse. Tears streamed down Sunny's eyes as he watched his home crumble. Memories flooded his mind as Sunny could almost see Granny sitting on the porch watching Big Mac, Applejack and Apple Bloom play in the front yard. Memories of climbing up the front steps, feeling satisfied and proud after a long hard day's work. The memory that broke Sunny's heart the most was the one where he stood on the porch, talking with Applejack, and she told him that this was his home now, too… 'Its a good thing Applejack isn't here to see this…'

Not knowing what else to do, but wanting to get away from the heart reaching grave of the once great landmark of Equestria that was Sweet Apple Acres, Sunny started towards Ponyville, wanting to take one last good look around. Hopefully something there would deter his emotions from.the loss of his home… though it was doubtful.

No longer suprised when he walked for miles down a dried dirt road, Sunny saw no remains of anything or anypony who had once been there. Sunny could tell where the houses once stood as withered shadows were etched into the ground too low for the sandpaper winds to scrape and fade away. The houses, Town Hall, the school, it all was gone. This world was by far the most terrable he had seen yet. Where the others had struggles and a glimmer of hope, this one had none. Atleast in the worlds where his father, Chrysalis, or even Flim and Flam took over, atleast there was life. Sunny had no explination as to what happened here, where everypony went to, or even the biggest and most important question, why is this all happening in the first place.

As the half unicorn half umbrum Sunny dragged his hooves across the ground, not paying attention to where he was going, he drifted aimlessly until he hit something. Shaking his head clear of the many buzzing quesgions and possibilities, Sunny looked down and was amazed that he had run into the Cutie Mark Map! The one that stood at the center of Twilight's castle! Looking all around, Sunny remained confused. It was the only part of the castle that remained. The map and the area at its base seemed like it stood the harsh weather pretty well, but it lost it's light blue color. Sunny looked down at the map and saw that it still held it's magic enough to show a transparent image of Equeatria, or what was left of it. Looking at the magically correct layout of Equestria, Sunny fell to his knees, his face level with the map.

"They're all gone…" Sunny said in a raspy, harsh voice as his eyes looked around the image of Equestria before him. One could normally see ponies walking around, doing their jobs, walking around their respective towns, doing chores around their homes, attending school, a bird's eye view of them living their lives. But now… now all Sunny saw was a waste land. "I'm... im all alone…"

Sunny felt very tired, but forced himself to return to his pony form, despite how hungry and thirsty he was. He knew it would only get worse, but for some reason, he felt he needed to be in his normal state. It took him a few minutes to gather himself, but Sunny was able to print himself back to his normal, yellow unicorn self. His eyelids felt heavy, and he felt so weak. Too weak to move anymore. His stomach gave up growing for food and fell asleep before he did. The only thing he could think to do was curl up under the map for shelter and let sleep take him. The cold touch of the floor of the cutie mark map didn't feel as cold anymore. Sunny honestly didn't feel anything anymore. Just as everything began to turn dark, Sunny swore he heard voices. They sounded so familiar. Well, two did. One sounded unpleasant.

"Where are we!?" The angery, unfamiliar female voice snapped.

"The future, or rather, the present" another female voice answered, her voice heavy and forlorn, but Sunny swore it was the voice of Twilight Sparkle.

"But there's nothing here" the irritated voice noted.

"I wish I could say I was suprised, but every world I come back to is worse then the last" Twilight continued, her voice still filled with sadness. "I dont know why my friends and I are so important to Equeatria, but we are."

"I don't believe you" the angered voice hissed.

"Come on, Starlight, look around" this time Sunny instantly recognized the squeeking voice of Spike the dragon.

"Like I said, everything in the past effects the future" Twilight continued. "Even the tiniest act. And what you're doing leads here. I know I can't stop you. But I thought showing you this might change your mind."

What was this? Sunny thought for a moment, piecing the conversation together. It was obvious that those three hadn't discovered him, and Sunny was willing to just let them do whatever they were going to do, and let himself fall into the deep, deep sleep he was about to plunge into right before they appeared. But it seems that fate was giving him atleast the answer to the biggest question he had. It was this other mare's falt! She was the one behind this whole thing! But why? There was a part of Sunny, his pony part, that was more curious then angery. What would push a pony to do this? Revenge? Desperation? What?

"Change my mind?" The mare growed while stomping her hooves at Twilight. "You don't know anything about me! I was perfectly happy before you and your friends ruined what I built!"

"I dont know what happneed that lead you to make your village without cutie marks" Twilight's sorrowful tone didnt waver. "And I'm sorry my friends and I had to take it away."

Gathering what little strength he had, Sunny stuck his head out from under the table, keeping out of sight, while he still piecing things togeather. 'Starlight… that name sounds familiar.'

Sunny then remembered a story Applejack told him about her. Twilight and the rest of their friends visiting a village ruled by somepony who took away their cutie marks to make them all equal. That mare's name popped right into Sunny's head. 'Starlight Glimmer!'

"You wanna know what happened to me!?" Starlight started to shreak as she coated herself in her light blue magical aura. Starlight then stood atop the map and blasted it with her magical aura. "I'll show you!"

Sunny heard the ticking of clock gears as their images appeared glowing around the map. Suddenly Starlight, Spike, Twilight and finaly himself were sucked into the map, being pulled into the past! As the four of them traveled through time, Sunny felt the effects of the world he had just left fade away. His body felt no more hungry nor thirsty then any other time, and the weak, tured feelings just faded away. When the four of them landed, the girls and Spike didn't notice him, and Sunny stayed back and watched as things unfolded. Something told him to wait for the right moment to act.

"Where are we?" Twilight asked as they all took in the scenery.

It was a rather quant looking village, with rather average looking townsfolk. There were mountains all around, the air seemed fresh, and the grass and trees lush.

"That map of yours is connected to every part of Equeatria" Starlight glimmer explained, a soured look on her muzzle. "And this part, is my home…"

Starlight walked with great confidence towards a certain house she knew very well. Twilight and Spike shared an awkward glance then slowly followed several steps behind Starlight, and Sunny, still keeping his distance and remaining quiet, walked just within earshot of them. Starlight went up to a window of the specific observation, Twilight and Spike looking inside beside her, and Sunny looked over their shoulders form a distance. Inside the house were two foals, a little orange and white colt, and a little pink and purple filly who must have been Starlight Glimmer. The colt was focusing his magic to place a book high upon a pile of books that towered over them, almost reaching the very high ceiling, and Starlight seemed to be cheering him on.

"Sunburst and I did everything togeather" Starlight's tone up until then was sharp and vicious, but now seemed mournful, full of sadness. "Infact, I don't ever remember us ever being apart... until today…"

The girls, Spike, and still at a distance, Sunny, all turned their attention back to the room with the foals. It looked like young Starlight was trying to pull a book out from the base of their pile. But when she did, the giant towering pile of books began to fall on her. While the little Starlight held her hooves up as best to protect herself, the colt known as Sunburst jumped into action. Wanting nothing more then to save his friend, he was able to exert more magical energy then he ever had before, and caught all the books that would have done great harm to his friend! Not only that, Sunburst was able to redirect the falling books into orbiting around himself as his magical aura not only covered them, but his own body as well. As he rose into the air, the books magically felw pack into their proper place on the bookelves. When the colt landed with his hooves on the ground, still a little dizzy from the exertion of magic, a flash of light lit up his flank, and his cutie mark was reveiled! The colt was so over come with joy, happy horse noises shot from his muzzle as he trotted out of the house, past the young Starlight without a second glance, and showed his new mark off to his parents and everpony else in town. Leaving behind a teary eyed Starlight, all alone.

"And just like that, my friend was gone" Starlight continued to explain. "His family recognized his magical talent and sent him off to Canterlot. I never saw him again."

It was silent before an innocent question popped out of Spike's mouth. "Well, why not?"

Outraged, Starlight whipped around and closed the space between her and the little dragon, the furry returned to voice. "Because he got his cutie mark! He got his, and I didn't! He moved on, and I didn't. I stayed here and never made another friend, because I was too afraid another cutie mark would come along and take them away too!"

'That!? That was her whole motivation!?' Sunny thought to himself, anger rising up inside of him, teeth grinding. 'She was afraid of making friends, so she stole ponie's cutie marks, and when that didn't work, she ruined all of Equestria by travaling to and altering the past!? THAT WAS IT!? SHE WAS JUST SAD AND UPSET!? LIKE SOME THEROPY WOULDN'T HAVE SOLVED THAT!?!?'

"That's ridiculous, a cutie mark can't take your friends away" Twilight, sounding understanding, started to explain.

"Not everypony is lucky enough to get her curie mark at the same time as her friends!" Starlight shouted as more of her magical aura forced open another warp hole in the sky, sucking those who didn't belong there up into it, including Sunny.

The four time travelers then were spit out st Clousdale the day of filly Rainbow Dash's big race. The one that Starlight kept going back and changing so Twilight and her friends never got their cutie marks. Sunny had landed on a cloud not far from where Twilight, Spike, and Starlight landed. At first a little frightened, Sunny thought for sure that he would fall through the clouds, sence it was only pegasus and alicorns who could walk on clouds without the use of a magical spell. But for some reason unknown to him, Sunny could stand on the cloud as if it were a matress. Pushing this new found discovery aside, Sunny watched as the events continued to play out, waiting for his moment to act, if he needed to act at all.

"You don't know what it's like to lose a friend because of a cutie mark" Starlight's aggressive words redirected Sunny's attention back to the situation at hoof. "But once I stop the rainboom, you will!"

Starlight then teleported Spike's backpack off his back and poofed it infront of herself, pulling out the scroll that Twilight used to travel back in time. "And once I destroy this scroll, there will be no way to change ge it!"

Starlight began to rip the magical scroll in half, which would leave Twilight, Spike, himself, and everypony else with a future possibly even worse then the one's they have seen! Sunny couldn't let that happen! Now must be the time for him to act! To blast Starlight with his magic, encase her in a crystal like prison, then use that scroll to take himself, Twilight, Spike and the captured Starlight bacl to the right present where she will stand trial for her crimes! But he didn't. Something deep inside Sunny was telling him to wait. That something else must happen before he launches some attack on Starlight. A voice deep down inside was telling him to give her a chance.

"Starlight, you're right, I don't know what you went through, but I do know that you can't do this!" Twilight had thrown away her tone of sorrow and loss of hope and was now trying desperately to reach out to Starlight Glimmer. "I've seen where this leads. And so have you!"

"I only saw what you showed me! Who knows what will really happen!?" Starlight countered, still ready to destroy the future yet again, but this time it will cement what horrible fate Equestria will be sadtled with.

Looking behind her at her filly aged friend race against her childhood bully, Twilight bit her lip, feeling the full weight of the situation, and couldn't give up. "I've seen it a dozen times. Things don't turn out well in Equestria without my friends."

There. There Sunny senced something wave inside of Starlight. Not fear, not anger, but hesitstion. Something deep inside her was telling her that Twilight might be right. But the pink and purple unicorn was still fighting an internal storm. And was still very much filled with anger.

"Ugh!!! What is soooo special about your friends!?" Starlight growled, then shot a sharp glare at Twilight. "How can a group of ponies who are sooo different be so important!?"

Seeing a flicker of hope that she was able to reach out to Starlight, Twilight took this time to slowly and cautiously close the space between them while talking Starlight down. "The differences between me and my friends are the very thing that make our friendship strong."

The storm inside Starlight began to calm as tears returned to her eyes. "I thought Sunburst and I were the same... But we turned out different! And it tore our friendship appart!"

Starlight ripped the scroll more with her little outburst, making part of Sunny hesitate and a strong part of him wanted to tackle Starlight and take the scroll from her. But a calmer voice inside him told him to wait and give Twilight a chance.

Twilight flew up and stretched out her hooves as she continued to try and reach out to Starlight. "So try again! Make new friends! And if something happens that changes things, work through it togeather. That is what friendship is! Its not just my friendships that are important to Equeatria. Everypony's are. When yours ended, it led us here. But just imagine all the others out there that are just waiting for you if you give them a chance!"

Starlight's eyes began to tear up to the point of overflowing. Looked up at Twilight with hesitation, no longer sure that her way was that was best and that there might be another way. The pink unicorm was still slightly unsure. "But how do I know they all won't end the same way?"

"I guess its up to you to make sure they don't" Twilight Sparkle said without skipping a beat, landing now, seeming more relaxed and trusting of Starlight, holding out her hoof to her.

A smile spread across Sunny's muzzle as he watched Starlight stager a bit, but then reached out and took Twilight's hoof, accepting her friendship and stopping her devious plan. The scroll Starlight used to travle back in time fell and rolled back up, Spike caught it just before it fell down to the ground. Just as all was tying up, Rainbow Dash let out her first sonic rainboom that helped her win the race, gave her her cutie mark, setting off the chain of events that would give her friends their cutie marks as well, and set them down a path that would make them very special friends that hold the weight of Equestria on their shoulders. Starlight, Twilight, Spike and Sunny all watch the rainbow as it stretches across the sky overhead, and a time portal opens up once more, sucking the time travalers up into it to take them back home.

The portal ended where it began, at the correct time line, in Twilight's castle of friendship, spitting Sunny, Spike, Twilight, and Starlight Glimmer out. As everypony got to their hooves, the time travel scroll was sucked out of Spike's claw, rolled up, and sucked into the warp hole, forever list to time.

Spike began kissing the ground of the castle with a wide grin on his muzzle. "One castle of friendship, check!"

Immediately aftet that, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy burst into the map room, all with very confused looks on their own muzzles, with Rarity speaking up first to ask "What in Equestria was that?"

"Is everypony ok?" Fluttershy asked next.

Pinkie then let out a high pitched squee of joy and asked "can you do it again!?"

Looking to Twilight with a sly smile on his muzzle, Spike added to his previous statement "one group of amazing friends, check!"

To which Twilight smiled easy, patted her assistant on the back and agreed "yeah, Spike. It looks like we're home."

"Ugh, thank the sun…" Sunny spoke up, appearing received to be home, exhaling a breath he held as he studied the world around him. As the world Spike and Twilight confirmed was their actual home, Sunny allowed himself to relax. "Its going to be a long time before I feel the want to time travel ever again."

Spike and Starlight seemed shocked by Sunny's presence, but it appeared Twilight knew he had travled with them the whole time.

"What 're you doing here?" Applejack asked as she walked up to Sunny who was just heading for the door. Then the apple farmer's eyes turned hard as she narrowed them at Sterlight who was sheepishly standing in the corner. "And what's 'she' doing here?"

Starlight turned her head away in shame, but Twilight walked over to her, rested a reassuring hoof on her shoulder and answered "that's kind of a long story."

"Longer for some of us then others" Sunny added, his tone heavy and bleak, as he looked to Twilight and asked "got any cider in the kitchen? I think I need something to drink."

"Yeah, help yourself" Twilight nodded with an uneasy smile, then turned to her newest friend. "Starlight, would you mind waiting out in the hallway while my friends and I talk?"

Starlight looked nervous at first, But Twilight added "don't worry. Everything will be alright."

With that reassurance, Starlight followed Sunny out into the hallway while Twilight, Spike, and the rest of her friends talked about what to do with Starlight Glimmer. Starlight paced back and forth nervously, all her actions from the past catching up to her, filling her with grief and doubt that she deserved a second chance. Sunny returned to find the pink and purple unciron practically walking a hole in the floor. He levitated a second mug of cider he had brought and over to the unsettled Starlight Glimmer.

Starlight was startled by the sudden appearance of the beverage, looked to Sunny who simply nodded, then Starlight took it in her own magical aura sn took a sip of the sweet, refreshing beverage. "T-thanks."

"Don't mention it" Sunny told her, no smile present on his muzzle as the words flatly escaped his kips. He sat down on one side of the hallway, his back pressed up against the wall as he looked at Starlight. "You nervous?"

Starlight looked from Sunny to the mug of liquid that reflected her image. "Yeah… I.. I don't know if I deserve to be forgiven, or for Twilight and her friends To accept and be nice to me after all I did."

"You don't know the half of it" Sunny stated, taking another long sip of his mug. His words caught Starlight's attention, and when he felt he could talk without screaming, he elaborated. "All the worlds, the different time lines Twilight saw, she was only there briefly. For whatever reason, when time restarted, I had to live through it. I watched as my friends turned their backs on me, or I failed to protect them and other ponies, I watched ad my home was destroyed countless times whether I did all I could or just sat back and let others try. Until the very last world, the world Twilight showed you. That world was lost when I arrived. I wandered for I don't know how long, alone, starved, and over all not doing well. I don't know what would have happened to me if you, Twilight and Spike hadn't come along.

"To make matters worse, I find out the reason, your driving force behind your actions, was just because your friend left you when you were foals and you were afraid to make more friends… I almost lost my cool" Sunny narrowed his daggar like eyes on Starlight, who felt even more ashamed, almost on the verge of tears. But Sunny's expression softened as he told her "look at me."

Starlight was on the verge of tears, feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt for what she put this unknown stallion through. But she mustered the strength, took a deep breath, then met Sunny's gaze. His eyes were softer, but there was still pain behind them. A pain he realized he'd have to bear all over again. Just like when his father sealed him away for 1000 years of torment to break his connection to ponies. Sunny's tone was stern like earth, but not as hard as stone. "After everything you did, all the destruction your actions have caused, and all the pain you put me through… I forgive you."

Starlight couldn't believe her ears. "W-what? But… but why? If I hurt you that bad-?"

"You did hurt me that bad, and my friends, and my home. But I see something in you that is good. I know Twilight saw it too, and that's why she's fighting so hard to help you now" Sunny motioned to the doors that fed into the map room. "She's trying to convince her friends of the good that you could do, given the right direction. She's a great friend to have, and deserves that title of princess. I wish I had been as influential as she is when I was a prince."

"You're… you're the son of Princess Celestia, right? I went to your correlation ceramony. I was, ugh, spying… in the crowd." Starlight shamefully admitted to Sunny.

"And my father is King Sombra" Sunny added, taking another sip of cider. "I hope that, one day, when it comes down to it, my father will be given the second chance that you are being given."

"How do you know they'll forgive me?" Starlight seemed worried still.

"I can hear their fears disapating, they are trusting in Twilight's judgment" Sunny told Starlight as he finished his cider, then stood up. "I have to get some fresh air and put my mind at rest by seeing the town as it was meant to be. If Applejack asks, let her know that I'll head home after my walk, and that I'll be fine… after some theropy…and maybe more cider…"

Just as Sunny teleported away in a flash of green light, the doors to the map room opened. Twilight emerged and smiled at Starlight Glimmer and asked her "please come in, we need to talk…"

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry this group of chapters took so long to do. I've rewritten some chapters so much and changed so many things about them to keep them close to the show but still add Sunny's stuff. Some things I took out because it didn't seem like something Sunny would do. One thing I originally planned to do was have Sunny go on a rampage and attack Starlight when he found out her whole reason for everything she did, which would lead to Twilight having to turn him to stone, and later he would be seen acting like normal, like he didn't know anything had happened, like everypony else, then later attempting to attack Starlight again, only to see the good in her and let things go, almost like what he did just now.

And yes, incase you all are wondering, Sunny was very close to death. Had Twilight and the others not shown up when they did, Sunny would have died. The umbrum in the comics seemed to survive in their prison for more then 1000 years, but Sunny is only half umbrum and needs to eat like other ponies.

Like Sunny said, he will need some serious theropy.

And like I've said before, thanks for reading, I appreciate you all!

PreviousChapters Next