• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
An Unexpected New Friend

The morning after Sunny's coronation and the honoring of the new Guardians of Harmony, the newly recrowned prince woke up feeling rested and ready to begin the day. Although Applejack had told him he could take it easy today Sunny still woke up before the roosters had time to crow. An easy day on the farm meant just making sure the animals are fed and any supplies that arrived were out to and rotated properly. The apple fields and baking could wait till tomorrow. It was what most ponies could consider a simple life, working on a farm, but it was a life that allowed Sunny to enjoy the finer things. Gold, silver, jewels, all those things were nice, but what really made life worth living were friends, family, and the time spent with them, those were the finer things in life. Memories and bonds that outweighed any shinny coin or piece of jewelry.

Getting up and stretching, Sunny took a moment to look around his room, admiring all the trinkets he's aquired since he first started living on the apple farm. A family photo of him, Applejack, Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom infront of the barn. A suvanier rock doll from the pie family farm when they spent Hearths Warming with them, that was certainly an eventful holiday. The chess set from his birthday that now had blobs of grey paint all over the board from that mysterious and creepy pegasus last night. Looking past the game board, Sunny saw the tickets to the comic convention he promised to take Spike to, as well as the ticket stubs from the Galla where things were… interesting, to say the least, next to his slightly torn mask from said Galla. Three small bags of the teleporting gems (he planned on showing everypony how to use them in case of an emergency) we just to the left, a pile of books that Sunny promised Twilight he would hurry and finish reading and return to her library were at the far left corner of his desk. Then Sunny noticed somethingwas missing. A trinquet he didn't quite understand yet, but thought it would be wise to keep close at hoof.

His father's birthday gift to him, that dark Crystal Orb.

Getting up and out of bed, not even putting on his hat, Sunny steadily walked over to his desk and looked all around for the dark Crystal Orb. But as he approached his desk, Sunny's eyes caught sight of some small note right where the orb used to be. Sunny unfolded the paper and began to read the familiar hoof writing belonging to Pappy.


Dear Sunny,

Hope ya don't mind me borrowin' yer Orb.

Love ta th' family and yerself, Pappy

PS: ya looked great out there, mah prince of Virtue.

PPS: ah left ah rubber snake in th' cubbord. Don't tell th' girls!


Half of Sunny wanted to smile and shake his head at Pappy still being Pappy. But the other half was slightly concerned. 'Why did Pappy need the orb? Did he know what it was? Why didn't he tell me?'

But something else diverted Sunny's attention from his father's missing birthday gift. A voice. Low and mousy at first, but very, very present, almost as if it was somepony whispering right in his ear.

'… I hope they don't find me…' a shaken and timid voice whimpered. 'I just want to be left alone…'

Sunny looked frantically round his room, out his window, in the closet and even under his bed. But he was, without a shadow of a doubt, alone in his room. Then the yellow unicorn thought to check on the other Apples. He quietly traveled from one room to another, cracking the doors open to see everypony was still sound asleep.

But the voice kept crying out 'I hope nopony finds me… I'm scared… I don't want to hurt anypony… I just want to be left alone…'

Without meaning to, Sunny wandered out of the farm house, almost in a transe like state, following where he felt the voice coming from. A primal instinct had him walking on hoof steps as quiet as an owl's wing beats as he followed this 6th seance to the source of the voice.

'I don't want to hurt anypony… I just want to be left alone…' the voice continued to cry.

Before he knew it, Sunny was standing infront of the barn, the frightened voice never grew any louder, but some feeling deep inside Sunny was telling him that the pony in destress was inside.

'…I hope no pony finds me… please… I'm all alone… I'm scared…'

Putting a hoof on the barn door, Sunny slowly pushed it open, cautious as to what may be inside.

'oh no! Somepony's coming! …I need to hide!…" The voice reacted to the door opening.

The barn was dark with the shutters closed, no lantern lit to illuminate it either, which made finding the scared pony all the more difficult. But Sunny knew there was somepony there, somepony who was scared, and something deep down inside him was telling him to find them.

"Is somepony there?" Sunny called out to the darkness, but nopony answered. He didn't think they would, honestly. "Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you."

'He knows I'm here… this is bad… very bad…' the voice continued to say, the level of fear rising.

"Please come out" Sunny called out once again, taking a few steps towards the center of the barn, eyes adjusting to the little light in the structure. "I know you're scared. But it's ok. I won't hurt you. I just want to help."

Several long moments past and Sunny received no answer, but he knew the worried pony my was listening. He still scenced the fear and worry. After the hidden pony thought it over, he finally replied "I don't want you to be afraid. I was just passing through and needed a place to stay and rest. I'll leave now, I dont want any trouble."

"I'm sure Applejack would be ok if you stuck around for breakfast" Sunny started to say, trying to keep his tone open and friendly. "I bet you're hungry."

"You have no idea…" the pony mumbled, but then adressed Sunny again. "Thank you for the offer, but I can't. I should get going."

"Is there anything I could offer you before you leave?" Sunny continued. "A flashlight? Some food?"

The voice fell silent for a moment, pondering what Sunny said. "Why are you being so nice to me? You don't even know what I look like."

"A pony's looks shouldn't matter" Sunny answered sincerely, hoping the hidden pony would show themselves. "I know you're scared, and I want to help."

Taking a deep breath, the hidden pony emerged from a pile of straw on the second floor of the barn. Sunny watched in hidden shock as the pony in question jumped down from the second floor and buzzed down, landing a safe distance away from Sunny.

Hidding his shock at the changeling infront of him, Sunny focused on the more important issue. "So… would you like something like a slice of apple pie? Or some toast and eggs?"

The changeling was shocked by Sunny's question. "Why are you being so nice to me? I'm a changeling. Dont you want to, like, run and scream? Gran your tourches and pitch forks?"

"Why would I do that?" Sunny asked simply, seeming confused by the question. He knew exactly why the nervous changeling would feel that way, but the newly re-crowned prince wanted to make a point.

"Because… well, Changelings don't have the best reputation with ponies" the insect like creature stated, his tone reluctant, as if he wanted to just crawl under a rock and hide. "Especially after what happened in Canterlot at the royal wedding."

"May I ask what 'you' were doing during that time?" Sunny asked, keeping his tone very nutrial to allow the changeling the freedom to speak his true feelings.

"I was part of the attack, but I didn't really do much" the changeling explained, seeming to come a little more out of his shell. "Especially when I saw the friendship that those six ponies, the ones fighting off the army. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before! Real friendship!"

Something wavered inside the changing at that moment that Sunny could sence. His fear started to disapate and was replaced by something new, brighter. A flicker of hope. Small, but very strong. Sunny took this and ran with it. "Aren't Changelings friends? I mean, there's a whole swarm of you. Aren't you all, well, family?"

The changeling looked a little reluctant to admit it, but informed Sunny "We are. Clutch siblings are closer, but I'm kind of the odd ball out. The others are more… well, wild. I keep a good distance from eachother. And, well, I tried to get closer to some. But that… didn't end well…"

Even though he had shed his exoskeleton recently, casting off much of the top scratches and scars from his insect like body, Sunny could still see deep wounds still barely visible that the Changeling beared. "Who did that to you? Ponies?"

"No…" the changeling knew what Sunny was asking about. "The others were ordered to punish me for my lack of, well, viciousness. Queen Chrysalis didn't like how I wanted to make friends and share friendship, so she made them rough me up to make me more like them..."

'That is a great source of his pain' Sunny thought, knowing it to be true. "I'm sorry to hear that. You know, you and I are alot alike."

Tearing the changeling's attention away from his painful past, he looked at Sunny with enough curiocity to ignore his fear. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not a pony, well, not full anyway" Sunny explained. "I'm half Umbrum."

"I think I heard of Umbrum before" the changeling tried to remember where he heard of them.

"Like Changelings, they are feared by ponies. Creatures who's bodies are shadow. But instead of feeding on love, they feed on fear." Sunny explained.

"Is that how you knew I was hear?" The changeling asked, appearing nervous once more. "Did you come here to feed on my fear?"

Sunny paused for a moment, thinking to himself. Speaking his thoughts out loud, Sunny tuned back to face the changeling, smiled, and said "No. I came here 'because' I felt you were scared and I wanted to help you."

"By eating my fear?" The changeling was still a little worried.

"No. I just wanted to see if I could help you." Sunny shook his head lightly, still smiling, and held out his hoof to the changeling. "My name is Solggiato, Solggiato Cavelere. But may friends call me Sunny. What's yer name, pal?"

The changeling looked at Sunny, then his hoof, then back to him. He was hesitant, but something deep inside the changeling told him he could trust the yellow halfling. Returning a small smile, the changeling grabbed Sunny's hoof and shook it lightly. "T-Thorax. My name is Thorax."

"Mighty pleased ta meet yer acquaintance, Thorax" Sunny tipped his hat to him. "Would ya like ta come on in an' meet th' family. The Apples are all really nice ponies. Ah'm sure they'd welcome ya with open hooves once they got ah chance ta know ya."

Thorax seemed to ponder it for a moment, but shook his head. "I just wanted a place to rest for a bit. I've been journeying around Equestria for a while, trying to find a home. But I was told to head north to the Crystal Empire. That something would be there waiting for me."

A little discouraged, Sunny nodded and accepted Thorax's answer. "As ya wish. Ya can rest here as long as ya want. Ah'll even keep everypony else away while ya rest. But let me atleast pack ya ah few things ta hold ya over. What do ya like ta eat?"

Thorax thought for a moment, then nervously asked "what's your favorite thing to make? What do you enjoy making?"

"Well…" Sunny thought for a moment, longer then she really needed. He knew the answer. "Ah've gotten real good at making the Apple Family apple pie. It was th' first thing ah learned ta make when ah came here. I've made it with Granny, Big Mac, Applejack, AppleBloom, and even Pinkie when she came over to help with orders."

"I'll take one of those, if you don't mind" Thorax seemed excited and thankful to the yellow unicorn.

"Mah, pleasure, anything ta help out a friend" Sunny then began to happily trot out of the barn.

"Wait!" Thorax called out, catching Sunny off guard. As the yellow stallion looked back, he saw the timid changeling appeared slightly more nervous. "Did you mean that? That we're friends."

With a smile and a tip of his hat, Sunny replied "Sure as sugar. Ya seem like ah good guy, Throax. And ah'd like ta get ta know ya more an' introduce ya to th' family and mah other friends, when yer ready of course."

With that, Sunny nearly shut the barn door all the way after promising Thorax that he'd be back in a bit after it's done. Alone once again, Thorax felt a wired feeling that he hadn't felt before. Like a warm fuzzy feeling deep inside. Something that Thorax hadn't felt fully before, but heavily enjoyed and wanted more.


Sunny went right to work on the pie, trying to keep as quiet as he could while levitating various ingredients and utensils over to him from all around the kitchen. He wished he had taken Twilight up on her offer to teach him a silencing spell, which would allow him to null any noise in a particular room that he chose, but Sunny rather not use magic for everything. Living with the Apples, the unicorn discovered that there were some things a pony could do with their own hooves that required skill rather then simply using magic just to get the job done. Sunny had baked over two thousand pies since living with the Apples, and had learned to do it all with his own hooves, the Apple way. And in doing so, he was able to master the art and capture the true Apple flavor of the pie. It filled him with pride to be able to do such a thing. It really made him feel like part of the Apple Family.

'...If Applejack marries Sunny, will she a princess?…' Apple Bloom's question rang in Sunny's ears, causing the yellow unicorn to turn bright red and almost drop the mixing bowl he had in his hooves.

Sunny had never thought about marriage, well, not since Princess Platinum tried to court him over 1000 years ago. And back then the thought of marriage made him cringe. But now, after living with and getting to know Applejack, Sunny felt slightly embarrassed by the thought, the notion making his heart beat faster then when the Cutie Mark Crusaders tried to learn to tap dance. It wasn't a bad feeling, but he couldn't help but wonder how Applejack felt. She was just as quick to walk away from her sister's question as he was. Did she feel the same way? Did she want to get married at some point? Or did the thought make her just as nervous and shaky as it made him.

'Note to self, talk to Cadence about that later…she was the princess of love after all. She should know how to deal with things like this… right?' Sunny thought as he finished mixing the apple slices with the cinnamon mixture for the filling.

Making the pie itself took no time at all, it's the baking that would take an hour or so. The Apple Family timer wasn't always the most reliable when it came to consistent time, but the pies always came out tasting wonderful. Since Sunny had some time on his hooves, he thought he's do something nice for Thorax other then just the pie. Even though it was still early, Sunny didn't want to wake anypony else up, especially not while he was doing all this for Thorax. He knew all the Apples would be understanding if Sunny vouched for the changeling, but Thorax wanted to keep his existence a secret. For the time being, while Thorax rested, Sunny do his best to keep the others away from the barn.

But as Sunny quietly made his way up the stairs, he heard the faint sound of a certain little filly. "Mornin' Sunny"

Shocked by her voice, Sunny stiffly turned to look down at Apple Bloom who looked like she just rolled out of bed. "Oh! Morning Apple Bloom! How are you feeling this morning!? Well rested!?"

The little yellow filly looked at Sunny with a slightly raised brow, yawned, rubbed her eyes the answered "kinda, feelin' ah little sleepy still. Are 'you' ok? Why are ya yellin'?"

Sunny put his hoof to his mouth, quickly remembering he often spoke loudly when he was nervous or withholding information. He never used to do that, but after living on the Apple farm, neing around such honest ponies, Sunny started to lose his lying and sneaking ability, and unfortunately became nervous when trying to hide anything. Clearing his throat, Sunny shot Apple Bloom a weary smile "sorry. I'm just… thinking about stuff. Too much stuff. And trying ta get stuff fer ah friend."

"Oh? Is somepony here? Is it Thunderlane? Octavia? Derpy?" AppleBloom started to wake up with the excitement of a possible guest.

"No, it's a new friend I made" Sunny continued to answer honestly as he made his way into his room, Apple Bloom following right behind him.

"Oh? Where are they? Are they outside? Can I meet them!? Are they from far away? Are they a dragon?! Ah always wanted ta meet a dragon!" Apple Bloom was now fully awake and in a 'younger-sibling-asking-a-million-quesgions-a-minute' mode.

After taking a deep breath, collecting the answers he was going to give Apple Bloom, Sunny refocused on the items he planned to grab for Thorax. After grabbing a map, a quill, some Inc and a compass, Sunny turned to Apple Bloom, and after another breath told the little yellow filly "It's a new friend I met just this morning, he's travaling but resting right now. I told him I'd make him a pie for him to take on his journey, but he's super shy."

"Oh, ok" Apple Bloom seemed a little disappointed, her ears and bow slightly sinking.

"And wait a minute, ya know ah dragon" Sunny added. "What about Spike?"

"Oh yeah, he is ah dragon" Apple Bloom thought about that. "Guess ah always just thought of him as ah pony."

"If ya want ta meet ah dragon some time, ah could introduce ya to mah old pal Torch." Sunny tried to cheer up Apple Bloom, with little to no success. Not giving up, Sunny kneeled down to Apple Bloom's level, put a good on her back and gently asked "What's the matter Bloom? Somethin' else botherin' ya?"

With a small sigh, Apple Bloom's eyes stayed glued to the ground as she answered "ah… ah don't feel very special."

"Where did that come from?" Sunny asked, wanting to get to the root of the filly's sorrow.

Looking up at Sunny now, Apple Bloom locked her slightly teary eyes with his. "Mah sister was an Element of Harmony for ah long time. Now Big Mac is ah Guardian of Harmony, and You just became a prince and ah Guardian too! The only pony who doesn't have some fancy title other then me is Granny! Ah feel like… like ah ain't special."

"Ah don't ever want you to say that ever again Apple Bloom" Sunny's tone was alot more firm then Apple Bloom expected, his eyes locking with hers. "You are a very, very special little filly. Ya may not have some fancy guardian or element title, but yer still young. Ya have ah long path ta travel ahead of ya. Ya can make anything of yerself, so long as you work hard and never give up. Ya may not ever become a princess, or ah Guardian or anything like that. But ya have a great journey ahead of ya. Yer gunna do great things, maybe even greater then yer sister an ah combine.

"Don't you worry none more 'bout silly titles. And don't ever think yer not special. Cause ah know yer ah very special, spirited, sweet filly" Sunny's expressions softened as he pulled Apple Bloom into a hug.

"Thanks Sunny, yer th' greatest" the little filly released the hug. "Ahm gunna go meet up with Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell, mind telling Applejack for me?"

"No problem" Sunny said with a smile, patting her on the head. "Just no more jumping off rooftops, ok?"

"We had bubdgy cords" Apple Bloom protested, but ran off before Sunny say any more warnings he had.

Still half smiling and shaking his head, Sunny wondered if this was what it was like to have younger siblings. Reassuring them, filling them with hope, being an ear for their troubles.

"Ya did good there, slick" a familiar mare's voice rang in Sunny's ears.

The yellow unicorn turned and was greeted by a very familiar orange farm pony. Applejack had a pleased, smug look on her muzzle as she stood in the doorway to her room, ripping her hat to him. "Its ah shame yer ma and pa didn't have any more foals. Ya'd have been ah mighty good older brother. Can't say much 'bout Yer pa, but ya definitely have some of yer ma in ya. Ah can see in when ya talk ta others, ya get that look in yer eyes."

That made Sunny chuckle a little. "Funny, my mother said I have my father's eyes."

"Eyes aside, did ya sleep well? Want some breakfast?" Applejack asked as she walked beside Sunny, eyes still locked with his. Then something caught her attention. "Smells like somepony is cooking down there. Apple pie?"

"Oh, ugh, that's me" Sunny quickly remembered the pie for Thorax. "A new friend of mine is goin' on ah long journey, so ah thought he'd appreciate ah pie ta go and some supplies."

"Ah new friend? Anypony I'd know?" Applejack was a little surprised, but not much. Most ponies in town loved talking to and getting to know Sunny. And that was before he was revealed to be a prince.

"He's… new to town, and really shy" Sunny tredded lightly, making sure not to lie, just not tell the whole truth.

Applejack raised a brow at Sunny, she new something was up when he beat around the bush like what he was doing now. "Is he dangerous? Like ah bandit 'er somethin'?"

"Not exactly" Sunny felt more and more like he should be honest with his mare friend about the changeling he was harboring in the barn. All his experiences with changelings may have been all bad, but Applejack has had worse.

Taking a deep breath, Sunny was about to explain everything to Applejack when she put a hoof up, stopping him. "Ah'm a guessin' that this 'friend' ain't ah normal pony, and yer scared at how ah'm gunna react ta that?"

"Yes… and he's not just shy. He's really afraid" Sunny started to explain. "But he won' be 'round for long. He's heading north, and just wanted ta take a rest somewhere. Ah'm giving him some supplies ta help him on his journey. "

"Well, if yer friend wants ta say goodbye before he leaves, ah'm helping Big Mac in th' east field today" Applejack's tone didn't seem disproving, but carried a little uneasy hurt, making Sunny almost wish he could break his promise to Thorax and tell his special somepony about him.

The yellow unicorn's guilt was pushed temporarily aside thanks to the sound of the timer ringing in the kitchen letting Sunny know the apple pie he had been baking should be checked. Taking a deep breath, Sunny gathered the supplies and began venturing down the stairs to check on the apple pie he had been baking for his friend…


Almost two hours later Sunny returned to the barn with the Apple pie and supplies, waking Thorax from his slumber. "Sorry ta wake ya up there pal."

"No, it's ok. I've slept better here then I have in months" the insect like creature reasured his new friend while straching.

Thorax watched and listened as Sunny began showing the supplies he had brought for him; a thermal blanket, a compass, a map with directions to the Crystal Empire (especially where his Aunt Radiant lives just outside the Empire's boarders, which Sunny explained she wouldnt mind sharing a roof with a friend of his), a canteen of water, a half a loaf of bread, some cheese, and the fresh baked apple pie that Thorax could tell was made with friendship in mind, but also carried a hint of love.

Just like how Sunny could now sense fear, Thorax had discovered he not only could sense love and friendship from others (a changeling's way to sniff out nurishment) but he had discovered that when somepony puts their heart I to something, or when they are thinking of matters of the heart, whatever is being made radiates with those feelings.

"I don't know how to thank you for all you've done, no pony has been this nice to me since Salted Carmel…" the thought of his friend who freed him from the hive's dungeon weighed heavy on the changeling's heart.

Still sending something wrong, Sunny looked at his new friend with slight concern. "Somethin' on yer mind, pal?"

"Its just…" Thorax didn't want to ask more of Sunny, especially after everything he's done for him, but Salted needed help. "I have another friend, who might need your help too."

"They another changeling?" Sunny asked, suddenly thinking there might be more changelings like Thorax out there who are kind and need help.

"No, actually, he's a pony" Thorax started to explain. "His name is Salted Carmel, and, well… as much as I hate to admit it, he had every right to be angry at the hive and us changelings.

"See, Queen Chysalis had a plan to kidnap and trick ponies into giving up their love by having them believe they were at home with their loved ones. All we needed was to use some changeling magic to alter their vision of their surroundings, which was the hive. Salted was one of then. Scouts spotted him alone when he was younger and picked him up. For years he was tricked into believing that he was home with his parents, that he made friends around town, and that he had even gotten married and had foals. But one day the magic fluxed and it revealed everything to him. Salted connected the dots fast and went crazy, realizing his entire life was a lie. His screams echoed the hive until it permanently damaged his vocal cords, leaving him only able to growl and grunt. He went on to attack the hive. When they caught him, they bound him with magical chains that locked up his earth pony strength and prevented him from fighting.

"No longer able to provide love having lost all of his love and trust, Salted proved the project to be a failure, so the Queen decided we needed to infiltrate the capital and take Equestria for ourselves. That's what happened at the royal wedding" Thorax felt ashamed to admit all that to Sunny, but in a short time grew incredibly comfortable around him.

Sunny sat there stairing at his new friend, taking in everything Thorax had said. After a moment of thinking, Sunny asked "where can I find this friend of yours? I don't know what I can do, but I can try and help him."

Pulling out the map, Thorax looked around then put his hoof over at the forest between Canterlot and Ponyville. "We last camped around here, before i... went elsewhere... I didn't want to leave him, but I just… I have this feeling-"

"That there's somewhere you need to be?" Sunny finished Thorax's sentance.

"Yes! Exactly!" Thorax's excitment at Sunny's understanding faded quickly. "But Salted… he set out and did what he wanted to do. He defeated Chrysalis in battle and destroyed the hive. The other changelings are now in control of that guy claiming to be a King, and I don't know what to do…"

Anypony could clearly see the distress and turmoil in the changeling, as well as the scars that seemed to be fading from his shell. There were tortures that he experienced in the past that he didn't bring up, but instead focused on his friend in need and a calling to his future.

"I'll do my best to help yer friend" Sunny reasured Thorax, putting a hoof on his shoulder. "You just do what ya feel is in yer heart, ok? Answer this callin' of yers. Ah felt th' same thing on more then one occasion, and its lead me to ah place ah call home and the ponies who care 'bout me."

Thinking about it, Thorax appeared hesitant and unsure. "Do you… do you really think a place like that exists for a deserter like me?"

"Ah believe there's ah place for all of us ta call home, where we feel safe, where others who care about us gather. Ah place that we can lick our wounds and rest without fear. Ah place that we make a home, whether it be ah house, ah cave, ah hive, ah nest, just so long as it has others we care about. Its ah place worth fighting ta protect, it can move from time to time, so don't tie it down none. Because even if our friends and family ain't there right now, doesn't mean we don't still carry them with us." Sunny spoke honestly and strait from the heart.

Thorax was moved by the yellow unicorn's speech so much tears began to grow from the corners of his eyes. Sunny was like him, but so very different. Could ponies open up and accept him, a changeling, as much as they've accepted Sunny? 'Maybe… just maybe', Thorax thought very quietly, 'I can have that some day too. Maybe the other changelings and I could have a home like that one day too.'

Taking a deep breath and packing the supplies up, Thorax wiped the tears away and smiled at Sunny. "I think I need to leave now. I have a long journey ahead of me. But you've given me a lot to think about, and a lot of hope. Thank you, Sunny."

"Any time pal" Sunny casually said to his newest friend, watching him get up and head towards the barn door, ready to leave. "And remember, ifin' ya need ah place ta rest, or some food for yer belly, ya can always come back here."

The changeling smiled and looked back once more at the yellow unicorn before opening the barn door, then with one mighty leap, jumped into the sky and began to fly off, changing his image to that of a yellow coated pegasus with a purple mane that he saw a few days ago traveling on the road.

As Sunny watched his new friend fly off, he wasnt paying attention to a certain mare sneaking up on him. "So yer makin' friends with changelings now?"

Applejack's sudden appearance nearly gave Sunny a heart attack. "Applejack!… ah-ah can explain!"

"No need" Applejack raised a hoof, her eyes meeting Sunny's as she presented a more relaxed expression then the unicorn ever expected from her in this given situation "Ah trust ya ta do th' right thing. Yer ah good judge of character when it comes ta these things. You can tell me all 'bout it when we get back. We're late for meetin' Cadence and Shinning Armor at th' train station."

"Sweet mama's mane! How could ah forget that!?" Sunny smacked his forehead.

"Well ya'll have been mighty busy makin' new friends and what not. Ah'll go on ahead and meet them at the train station with the girls, you go ahead and meet us at Twilight's castle when yer all cleaned up and ready." Appekjack motioned to all the straw in Sunny's unbrushed mane and the fact that he smelled like he had been rolling around with the pigs.

"He he… good plan, partner. Ah wont be too long" Sunny said then kissed Applejack on the cheek before heading back to the farm house to take a warm shower.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I posted a new chapter. Been dealing with some things. But I wont stop writing.

As weird as it may sound, when I write, I feel more like myself, i feel better, and i found i enjoy life more. So I'm definitely not going to stop writing.

Also, as you can see, I'm melding Sunny's story with elements of the show. It's a little behind still, with Starlight Glimmer still being evil, along with the changelings still being all hissing and snapping and love draining still. But things are about to pick up.

And yes, this is the chapter where everypony is given the news that Cadence is pregnant! So Flurry Heart is on the way!

Keep reading, and tha k you for sticking it out with me! You guys are awesome!

PreviousChapters Next