• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
the impact and the plan

Chapter 7

Alister flagged down Rainbow Dash who was carrying Applejack while Rarity road on the back of Twilight Sparkle. When the girls attempted to land, Rainbow ended up dropping Applejack.

"Hey! What was that for?!" Applejack exclaimed as she picked up her hat from the ground, brushed it off, and placed it back on her head, glaring at her cyan colored friend.

"What? Not my fault you weigh so much!" The dare devil pegusus snapped, now hovering just slightly above the ground.

"What did you say?" The orange earth pony began to deeply blush, embarased, as she narrowed her eyes at the pegusus.

"Come on girls, we have work to do!" Twilight broke them up as she nearly crashed into them, landing face first on the ground.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry darling" Rarity told her alicorn friend. "I would have just let you carry me, but I was afraid that, well, you would do the same thing Rainbow Dash did to Applejack over there, only, well, up there..." She pointed to the sky.

"It's ok Rarity" Twilight told her as she got up and brushed herself off. "I know I'm not as strong as Rainbow Dash.

"Huh" Applejack exclaimed. "Apparently she ain't that strong to begin with"

"What did you say!" Rainbow was now in Applejack's face, both of the mares shooting each other a stair that could rival Fluttershy's.

Alister cleared his throat to get their attention. "Ladies" he exclaimed, then turned to Twilight and bowed. "Your majesty... I hate to be rude, but time is of the essence."

"Right! Sorry Sir Alister." Twilight and her friends walked over to the creator where the once 'Gazer Comet' lay, broken, burned, and now cold.

"Tell me, your majesty" Alister began as he stepped over to the edge of the crater. "What do you make of it?"

Twilight's horn began to glow with her brilliant purple aura as she waved it all around the meteor. The space rock became engulfed in the magical light. And in a flash, Twilight's eyes went wide open.

She could see images tied with the rock. Feel the burning purple and green flames. See the green and red eyes. The same ones she faced in the past. And that laugh. The laugh that she could never forget. A deep and wicked stallion's laugh. It echoed through all the Crystal Empire as she raced with Spike to find the crystal heart.

"Twilight! Twilight snap out of it!" Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack were by her side, great looks of deep concern on their faces.

"What happened darling?" Rarity asked.

"What could you see, your highness?" Alister stepped forward, both eager and hesitant at what the answer might be.

"It's him..." The purple alicorn began. "I don't know how... But he's tied to this some how..."

"Who, sugar cube?" Applejack asked.

"Sombra..." The words escaped Twilight's lips. "King Sombra."

Alister took a deep breath and looked back at the comet. "What has that monster planned now?" He asked himself. "Somepony or something came out of that comet... But who or what?"

"We need to warn the nearest towns" Twilight declared. "If I'm right, and I hope I'm not, something bad is still out there."

"I'll warn Cloudsdale" Rainbow Dash stated. "I doubt Sombra could get up that high, but they still need to be on the look out."

Twilight smirks and nodded at her friend. "Good thinking. And see if anypony had seen anything on the last couple of nights."

"Got it!" And like that, Rainbow Dash's was off, leaving a rainbow streak behind her.

"What are some of the other neighboring towns?" Twilight directed the question at Alister. "We'll send a pony to each location nearest to this site, then we'll regroup in Ponyville. I'll make an announcement there."

"I love it when a plan comes together" Alister smiled as he pulled out a map from his yellow cloak. "Ok, the next closest town..."

PreviousChapters Next