• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
Daleks

The metal city from afar looked pretty easy to get into, just a simple wall that stood no more then a few yards high surrounded it, with no doors in sight, or sentries patrolling the walls. Only problem Soleggiato found out when he reached it, is if anypony or anything touched it, they would be hit with an electric shock that was coursing through the entire wall. The prince had never seen magic like this and was very curious to find out how it all worked. Little did he know that the actual source of the wall's defenses lied in a more scientific method then a magical one. The walls were not only lined with wires to produce an electric shock to keep out invading forces, but once a shock went off, it alerted the inhabitants of a possible intruder or pending attack.

"Excuse me! I wish to speak to the Kaleds!" Soleggiato called out as loudly as he could. "I am prince Soleggiato, son of King Sombra, and a Knight of the Crystal Empire of Equestria! I mean you no harm! I come here to speak in the Thal's behalf, in hopes to-"

"What do you think you are doing?!" A very annoyed Doctor Whooves called out as he and Derpy rejoined Soleggiato.

"Doctor? Derpy? What are you two-" the unicorn prince was interrupted once his two companions rejoined him and a sink whole opened up beneath them! Panicking, Derpy clung to Doctor for safety, preventing her from flying away, and all three fell into the pit.



What must have been a few hours later, the trio awoke and found themselves in a dark room.

"Ugh... my head..." Soleggiato moaned as he tried to get to his hooves.

"Where are we?" Derpy asked as she looked around in the dark.

"Could you please use some sort of spell to create illumination, Sun-, er, Soleggiato?" Doctor Whooves still sounded annoyed when w made his request.

Taking a deep breath, Soleggiato focused his magic and began to shine a bright glowing green light. The light spread as best it could though the area, showing that the trio had landed in a room completely made of metal rather then stone or wood. There were no lights around what so ever. And other then the room they were in, there were three hallways leading out.

"Maybe we should split up" Soleggiato stated, counting the hallways.

"B-but I'm scared of the dark!" Derpy's teeth began to chatter as she clung once more to Doctor.

"I think you've had enough bright ideas for one day, mister" Doctor began speaking to Soleggiato in a tone very few ever have.

"Excuse me?" The prince was insulted, arching his neck back, he looked down at Doctor with an annoyed look of his own.

"Running off like that? What were you thinking?! For all you knew, you could have been swallowed up by a giant monster in the jungle! Or fallen into quick sand! Or something!" Doctor started to say, his voice raising. Once the time traveler noticed how loud he had become, he cleared his throat, took a few deep breaths, and readjusted his tie before speaking once more. "We need to stick together. We came here together, we leave here together."

"You would prefer the latter of your statements happen sooner rather then later" Soleggiato spat at Doctor.

"What does he mean by that, Doctor?" Derpy pulled herself off of Doctor Whooves, shooting him a confused look.

Before Doctor could defend himself, Soleggiato jumped back in. "The good Doctor wanted to just up and leave the Thals and the Kelads to struggle on their own, saying how it 'had nothing do do with us'. Ah I right, Doctor?"

"What?! But Doctor, Prince Rose and the others are our friends! We can't just abandon them!" Derpy's eyes started to water lightly with the fear of hurting her new friends.

With Soleggiato's narrowing hard eyes and Derpy's sorrow filled gaze both chilling and breaking his heart, Doctor fumbled around his words, unable to speak. "W-w-well, you see, it's sort of... it isn't like... it was more... ugh! I can't take it anymore!

"Yes! I wanted to leave this planet and it's inhabitants to their own devices!" Doctor began yelling. "We have more important matters on our hooves then the rest of the universe to worry about! We need to just focus on helping 'our' own kind! The ponies back in Equestria! If we don't get back before tomorrow, the Crystal Empire will-"

"What do you care about the Crystal Empire, anyway?!" Soleggiato's words were cold, like the arctic area surrounding his home, as he took a step closer to Doctor. "You speak like you want to help others, to right wrongs, but I see right through you, Doctor. You don't really care about helping others. If you did, you'd see the ponies who needed us right now, the Thals and the Kelads. You'd know 'they' were in more need then the Empire, and you'd never stop until everypony were safe. Because everypony matters.

"That's why I left when I did" Soleggiato stepped away, breaking eye contact with Doctor. "I left to speak with the Kelads on my own. To see if they would work together and make pease with the Thals. I've accomplished more difficult negotiations before. I'm sure I could have won them over."

"Maybe you could have" a voice echoed off the metallic walls. Everypony held their breath and looked around, wondering where the source of the voice was. As they did, several lights built into the ceiling flashed on, temporarily blinding the trio. As their eyes adjusted, a flat screen began to descend from the ceiling. On it was a really old and sickly looking earth-pony. He had wrinkly skin that sagged heavily from his face, eyes that appeared sunken in and closed, with no mane atop his head or any sign that any ever did reside there. But what replaced a mane were several rods and wires that connected at his temples and the back of his head. The most haunting thing about the stallion was a glowing, electric blue, inorganic eye in the middle of his forehead. It never moved, but all three ponies felt it looking at them. "It's good to see you again, Doctor. Though you've changed your face once more, and your companions."

"Do I...know you?" Doctor asked as he looked at the pony in the screen. "I don't think we've ever met."

"We've met several times before, Doctor" the elderly pony replied with a deviant grin. "But it appears that you don't recognize me, or my home planet. Perhaps my children will refresh your memory..."

The stallion on the screen flipped a swish off screen, causing something still hidden in the darkness of the hallways to come to life. Blue lights flickered on and metallic voices began to gargle to life. "AWAITING ORDERS!"

Doctor, Derpy and Soleggiato watched as monsterous forms began to file out of the tunnels. The tunneled fitting their shape perfectly. The creatures had metal cylinder like bodies with odd orbs lining their bottom half. They were shaped much like very tall trash cans with a wider base. At what could be designated as their torso, in lue of hooves, claws or anything of the like, they had what appeared to be a plunger and possibly a weird looking whisk. Their heads were directly connected with their necks, but on their domed heads appeared to be another long rod with a odd looking bulb at the end, which gave off that oddly eerie blue light. Also atop their heads appeared to be two glass bulbs that lit up anytime they spoke. Nopony had seen anything like it before. They were possibly the most alien thing any of them had ever seen.

"Still not remembering them, Doctor?" The elderly stallion on the screen spoke. "No matter. What I have planned won't require your memory. And your lack there of might prove more useful. Now, Daleks, take the Kaled to the lab. I want to analyze him before we put him to work. As for the Doctor and his companion... hmmm, holding block C should have a lovely view of the forest where the Thals are hiding. Put them there so they can witness their demise!"

"Wait!" Soleggiato spoke up, catching the attention of the older looking stallion in the screen. "I don't know who you are, but the Thals are not your enemy! They just wish for peace. They want to put an end to the conflict. Please, hear them out..."

The elderly stallion paused and rubbed his chin with the metal appendage attached to his hoof. It's claw rubbing gently against his wrinkles. With a small smile, he answered. "Bring the yellow Kaled to my lab, I can't wait to experiment on him!

"As for the rest, okay my orders " the older stallion's smile grew, revealing his yellow teeth. "I want Doctor and his companion to witness the fall of an entire race. I can't wait to see the look on his muzzle when he realizes he's failed to save hundreds of ponies who believed in him. This time, Doctor, you lose!"

As the screen flickered off and began to recede back into the ceiling, some of the creatures the old stallion called 'Daleks' began forcing Soleggiato down the hallway. "COME WITH US! AND NO HARM WILL COME TO YOU!"

"What can a bunch of tin cans do?!" Soleggiato cried out as he reared his back legs, kicking one of the Daleks as hard as he could, sending it flying across the room, landing with a hard smash.

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!" Another one called out as it fired some sort of magical blast from it's whisk like appendage. As the beam hit Soleggiato, the yellow prince cried out in pain, his body tenses up and he hit the floor.

"What did you do to him?!" Derpy swooped in and took to Soleggiato's side, checking him over.

"PARALYZED HIS BODY! HE SHOULD NOT HAVE STRUGGLED!" The Dalek who fired the shot answered.

"STAND BACK OR YOU WILL ALSO BE SHOT" another Dalek told Derpy.

"I-I'm fine, Derpy" Soleggiato whispered painfully. "I-I think they want me for something... get the Doctor and get out. Warn the Thals. Please..."

"THERE IS NO ESCAPE!" A third Dalek stepped forward. "NOW MOVE! DAVROS IS WAITING!"

Two Daleks picked Soleggiato's numb body up with their plunger like appendages and began carrying him off. Leaving four Daleks behind.

"WE WILL RETRIEVE THE INJURED DALEK LATER!" Another Dalek addressed the other three. "WE WILL PREPARE THEIR CELL! KEEP AN EYE ON THEM UNTIL WE RETURN!"

"I OBEY!" One of the Daleks replied then turned around and kept a watchful eye on Doctor and Derpy.

When the two other metal creatures left, Derpy quickly turned to Doctor, fear and panic heavy in her voice. "What are we going to do, Doctor! They took Sunny!"

"There's not much we can do..." Doctor said with a sigh. "I'm... I'm no hero. I'm just a scientist. I couldn't even prevent the fall of the Crystal Empire with the power of time travel at my hooves... what made me even think I could do such a thing..."

"Because, Doctor" Derpy put a hoof on Doctor's shoulder. "You found out Sunny came from there and wanted to prevent something bad from happening to him. It was all for friendship."

"But... but it makes no sense!" Doctor huffed and broke away from Derpy. "Why?! Why would I do such a thing?! Why would I want to go out of my way to change Equestrian history?! Just for the sale of one pony?! And why do I feel so guilty for leaving the Thals?! For wanting to leave them behind? Why do Sunny's words still haunt me, echoing in my head! WHY DO I FEEL BAD!"

"Because he's your friend" Derpy plainly said, causing Doctor to turn to her. "And so are the Thals. They danced and sang with us, took us in and looked to us for hope. They needed our help, and Sunny wouldn't want to let them down. And you know, Doctor, if you left, 'that' Sunny would be sad. You don't want to do that to him, because he's your friend and you mean that much to him."

Looking at Derpy, Doctor swore she was looking at an entirely different pony then the mare he's known for so many years. She seemed so... so brilliant! Looking into her yellow eyes, Doctor saw something new. Something he had never seen before in her. Something you couldn't measure with any instrument or device. Something that couldn't be explained in words of any kind. Whatever it was, it mixed with all of SunnyMs words that were impressed inside Doctor's head and awoke something inside the scientist. That something told him that his friend needed his help.

"ENOUGH TALKING!" One of the Daleks left behind yelled as it began to take aim at Derpy with his whisk like appendage.

"Don't you touch her!" Doctor yelled out as he slid to the side of the Dalek, and mimicking Soleggiato's movements, kicked the metal creature at the same angle as the yellow unicorn. The Dalek wasn't sent flying into the wall like the one that was knocked over by Soleggiato, but the kick did manage to throw the creature off balance enough have it fall over, unable to get up.

"I HAVE BEEN ATTACKED! SEND MORE-" the Dalek began to call out for his companions, but right before it sent the message, it's head was crushed by the buns of steel that belonged to ponyville's mail mare. Her backside was strong enough to break steady wood without trying. With effort, she could crunch metal even as strong as steel.

"Great job Derpy!" Doctor said with glee. "Maybe we can take these machines apart and figure out how to-"

"Ugh... my head..." a non-metallic voice cried out from the first fallen Dalek that Soleggiato had kicked into a wall.

Derpy and Doctor rushed over to it and were shocked by what they saw! Beneath the cold and threatening alien exterior was a unicorn mare hooked up to some sort of helmet and some wires. She was bright pink with what appears to be a light blue mane, cut short.

"Please... can you get me out of here?" She spoke out in a weak tone.

"Hold on, we'll have you out in a sec..." Doctor told her as he and Derpy turned the Dalek shell around. The chest part that held the odd appendages on it had snapped right off and allowed the pony inside to break slightly free. After they pulled several more parts and wires off of her, Doctor and Derpy were able to free the unicorn mare from the wreckage. "I say, how did you get in there?!"

"Did the Dalek eat you?" Derpy asked curiously as she nudged the broken eye of the Dalek over with her hoof.

"No..." the mare could hardly stand, but did her best to speak. "It was... Davros."

"Davros..." Doctor repeated the name. "That older pony we just saw on the screen? 'He' did this to you?"

"He did this... to all of us" the mare explained as she looked over at the other fallen Dalek. "He put us in those 'things'. He claimed they would protect us from anything our planet could throw at us. Monsters, mutants, the Thals. Nothing could harm us. They were suppose to be the ultimate suit, used for exploring the planet and retrieving valuable materials. But what he didn't tell us, was he was actually turning us into his own army..."

"An army?... but for what?" Doctor padded his chin with his hoof as Derpy walked over to the other Dalek, smashed it's head with her backside, like she had the first one. Then she proceeded to pull another pony from it's chest cavity. Noticing this, Doctor moved immediately to aid her. This time, they pulled a light blue unicorn mare from the Dalek.

"I don't know..." the pink mare answered when she caught her breath and able to stand, though her legs were still wobbly. "I just know that when we went into his lab to be fitted for our battle suits, he did something that put us under his control."

"Doctor, he might try and do the same thing with Sunny!" Derpy gasped, putting her hooves to her cheeks.

"Then we have no time to lose" Doctor stated, then turned to the pink unicorn once again. "Do you know where his lab is?"

"It's down the middle hallway, take a left then go all the way down" the pink unicorn mare explained as she helped the light blue one to her hooves. "But there are guards! More Daleks! At least a dozen or so guarding it."

Taking a moment to examine one of the Daleks suits, Doctor's mind began to race with a number of different ideas. "Not to worry! I have a plan!"



Deep in Davors's lab, the mad scientist ordered his mechanical 'children' to lock Soleggiato down to a table at the center of the room. Unable to move meant very little struggling on the prince's end. But he still could slightly speak.

"W-why are you d-d-doing this?" The yellow unicorn asked as his eyes turned to view Davros stepping into the light.

"Why? Why you ask would I raise an unstoppable army of fearless creatures all following 'my' command?" Stepping out of the shadows, Soleggiato could hardly believe who it what he was looking at. The top half appeared to be what he saw on the screen a short while ago. A wrinkly old stallion with one large blue eye to replace the two that were shut, with wires stuck in his head, his left hoof hidden out of sight, and one ghastly metal claw on his right hoof that appeared to be controlling a keyboard before him. The lower half, however, appeared similar to the Dalek's own bodies. With the exception that it had a control panel with buttons and a directional nob. The mechanical claw moved the nob which commanded the lower half of the scientist. "Because, dear 'prince of the Crystal Empire' I can! I 'can' raise an army to concur all the universe! I 'can' make more Daleks to obey my command! And I 'can' spread my rule across the universe, and beyond!

"When I look out the window, I see a world that was almost destroyed by petty squabbles between single minded individuals" the mad stallion continued. "But with my help, all will be under a single mind, a singular ideal! A perfect universe! A universe ruled by me! A universe of Daleks!"

Struggling to break free, feeling returning to his body, Soleggiato forced his head in the direction of Davors. "Please stop this, Davors! You can still turn back, set things right!"

The plea caught the mad scientist's attention.

"I can see you care nothing for war or what it brings to the world you care about! I know how you feel! Trust me. But this isn't the way." Soleggiato continued, forcing his muscles in his face to make a smile. "If you let me go, we can work things out with the Thals and bring peace back to your world. They don't want to fight like this anymore! They want peace too! Please... let's make the future a better one..."

Davros paused and looked at the unicorn, something he had seen in himself once glimmered in the yellow stallion's eyes. What was it? Hope maybe? Yes. It was just that. Hope for peace. Hope for a better world. Hope for the wrench of a stallion he was trying to reach out to. But cracking a vile smile again, Davors began to chuckle, shattering the hope in Soleggiato's eyes.

"What a young fool you are!" Davors began to degrade the prince. "Even if I did want 'peace', which I never said I 'hated' war, my dream is simply to create a perfect universe! And the only way to do that is to have my Daleks rule it all! THIS IS MY LEGACY!"

"I'm so sorry you feel that way" an all too familiar voice to Dacors and Soleggiato chimed in as both turned to the source, who just so happen to be standing at the doorway. Standing at the only entrance to the room were Doctor and Derpy, standing with triumphant grins on their muzzles. "Seems like we just can't see eye to eye. Shame, because it looks like you only have one good eye anyway."

Teeth cleansing in outrage and anger, Davros slammed his metal claw on his control panel and yelled out orders to his Daleks. "SEIZE THEM! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STOP THEM! EXTERMINATE!"

"EXTERMINATE!" The Daleks began yelling out. "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

But as the mechanized monsters raised their whisk like appendages, they dropped down, along with their plunder and eye like appendages as well, a metallic sound of losing energy rang from every one of the Daleks.

Shocked and beside himself with panic, Davros looked to and from every one of his 'children'. "What have you done! What have you done to my creations of perfection?!"

"Weeeeeell, you see..." Doctor started to distract the mad scientist with his long explanation while Derpy snuck around and undid Soleggiato's restraints. "After taking a few of you 'children' down, I had a better look at the 'suits' you outfitted the Keldeks with to bend them to your every word. I noticed the helmet not only blocks out any individual thought and forced them to obey yours, but it also sucked the magical force from their horns. You were using their own magic to fuel their suite, but oh! That's not all! Far from it!

"On our way here I came across another room, a very interesting one" Doctor continued to distract Davros, allowing Soleggiato and Derpy to get to the captive Kaleds and release them from the Dalek suits. "In this room, I not only found the schematics to the Dalek suits, but also to your Factory where you were making them. I must admit, I was very impressed. You were harvesting the magical energies from the Kaleds you imprisoned in the Dalek suits to make more Dalek suits by transferring 15% or all their magical energy, through the floor, all the way to the factor's reactor! That's why all the city's made of metal! To act as a conductor!"

But the vile smile of Davros returned to his muzzle. Before saying anything, his mechanical claw quickly flipped a switch on his control panel. "Clever as always, Doctor. But not clever enough. It's true that 15% of the magical energy from the Dalek suits 'were' transferred into the Dalek factory, but something you didn't notice was an additional 10% was taken else where!

"I planned to take the Thals out at the rise of the morning sun and force you to watch it, but you have forced my hoof!" Davros continued, flipping another switch and pressing a few buttons. Another screen popped out of the ceiling, on it was another building in the metal city. The building's roof opened, and out of it emerged something that looked like a giant cannon with a metal flower at the end of it! "Behold, Doctor! This cannon has been aborning energy from all of my Daleks for months! And now it can fulfill it's destiny! AND DESTROY THE THALS ONCE AND FOR-"

But as Davros was about to conclude his rant, the giant cannon burst into a million pieces! Almost nothing remaining of it as the building beneath it collapsed.

"Sorry, so sorry" Doctor smugly replied with a yawn. "I actually was informed by one of the Kelads I rescued. She told me about your 'ultimate weapon' and how to easily disarm it. So while I worked on that, She and Derpy freed all the Daleks in the building. So no worries, no pony was harmed in the destruction of your plans."

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Davors's blue eye seemed to glare at Doctor and his sly grin. "Very clever, Doctor. Especially for not remembering me."

"Still hung up on that? Well don't worry! You'll have more to think about when you're answering for your crimes against your planet" Doctor's confident tone turned dark.

"Oh? How do you figure that?" Davros half grinned, but his smug look disappeared as he got a better look around.

All the Kelads who were once held prisoner in the Dalek suits had been released by Soleggiato and Derpy and had enough time of stretching their achy muscles, catch their breath, and gather their thoughts. Their thoughts mostly consisted of throwing the old stallion in chains and behind bars.

Stepping forward, a red mare with a golden blond mane glared at Davors with her bright blue eyes. "Davros! You are accused of crimes against pony kind including; enslavement, illegal experiments, and plotting to spread such madness beyond our home planet. How do you plead?"

With all eyes on him, Davros breathed heavily through his nostrils and examined. "Plead? No. I have just three words, dear commander. EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT!" Hitting another button on his control panel, Davros chucked as he turned into beams of bright golden light and vanished from the room entirely! Escaping his capture, for the moment.

"Where did he go?" Soleggiato asked as he looked all around.

"If what he stated was true..." Doctor sighed, feeling defeated. "Then he used a last resort technique. It basically takes you from one time and space and shifts you to another. It's uncontrollable and a a real gamble. But if you have no other option, it's favorable."

"Will he be back?" Derpy nervously asked, padding the area where Davors stood.

"Possibly. He didn't seem like the kind to give up easily" Doctor answered honestly, before turning to the released Kelads, and shooting them an honest smile. "But for now, the sun is up, and we would like to invite you to brunch, one with you neighbors who want to make amends."



It was amazing to say the least. Soleggiato watched as the two groups of Thals and Kaleds (earth-ponies and unicorns) came together and began celebrating a newly found truce. Who would have guessed that such peace could be made over a simple brunch. Well... to be fare, Soleggiato him self had done such a thing once or twice before. But what amazed the unicorn prince more then the peace made by a whole planet of extraterrestrial ponies, more then how many muffins Derpy not only brought but made on the TARDIS and fed every pony, but it was how social and friendly Doctor was being with everypony. He had not only lead the Thals an Kaleds in the brunch toast, but he personally went around and made sure there were no long lasting side effects from being trapped in Dalek suits.

Shaking his head and wearing a small grin, Soleggiato approached Doctor as he finished checking out another mare for any conditions she might have suffered from. "You're all good, miss. Just be sure to get some sleep tonight."

"Will do, Doctor" the mare said as she jumped up, gave him a hug, then rejoined a group who must have been her family.

"I must say, you really have changed in the hour or so I was gone" Soleggiato playfully nudged Doctor on the shoulder.

Chuckling lightly, Doctor ran a hoof of his though his mane. "Well, it took two really good friends of mine to realize that 'everypony is important'. It took one pony trying to drill it into my mind with a long, rather sappy, speech. Then it took seeing the change you brought out in my closest friend to realize it. So... thank you, Soleggiato."

Finally getting his name right almost made the prince tell doctor to call him 'Sunny'. Almost. "Well, Doctor, should we be off? Peace is established here, and I think they just finished carving a statue to honor us."

"Really?" Doctor looked around and was shocked to see two Thals hard at work with two more Kaleds to carve his, Derpy and Soleggiato's images into the side of a mountain. "I feel honored, but... a little..."

"Like it's too much?" Soleggiato finished Doctor's statement. "Part of the reason I don't stick around. I do the job, make sure everypony's ok, then head out. Remember, mister hero with a magical box, never do it for the fame. Do it because it's right."

"In doing the right thing, you turn a stranger into somepony, and that somepony into a friend" Doctor stated then looked to Soleggiato. "I bet you have a whole bunch of friends from your many adventures. Even if you don't know it yet. A lot who owe you-"

"I don't do 'friends', Doctor" Soleggiato interrupted possibly another long speech, his expression completely deadpan. "It's time to go. Why don't you get Derpy? I'll wait in the, ugh, TARDIS, was it?"

"Right, TARDIS..." Doctor replied, his smile faded as he watched Soleggiato walk into the time machine. When the yellow prince was out of sight, Doctor looked over and saw Derpy playing with the foals some sort of game with ribbons made from thin and long jungle leaves. "Derpy! It's time! We have to hurry!"

As Derpy jumped up and rejoined Doctor by his side, Prim Rose and the red Keldeks mare from before met up with them.

"We don't know how to thank you three enough" Prim Rose spoke up first, her smile stretching from ear to ear.

"Thanks to you three, maybe we can get our planet back on track and build a better future, for everypony." The red mare with a golden mane smiled and bowed.

"We were glad to help" Derpy smiled at the both of them, then passed them a sheet of paper. "Here's the recipe for my favorite kind of muffins! I know you guys'll like them, when you are able to grow the ingredients, I mean."

"Thank you again, winged-one" Prim Rose took the paper and held it tightly.

"We'll make them every day in your honor!" The red mare noted.

"Hey Doctor!" Soleggiato stuck his head out of the TARDIS, a panicked expression on his muzzle. "I think we have a problem! This thing's going crazy!"

Just as he said that, the TARDIS started to make it's usual take off 'whooshing' noises, indicating it was ready to go! With or without the two aboard!

"Gotta go!" Derpy said as she jumped it out the big blue box.

"Or as I like to say, Allons-y!" Doctor yelled out as he waved to the Kaleds and Thals.

He had barely made in back into the TARDIS when it began to vanish and enter into the time stream once more.

"What's going on?!" Doctor yelled out as the entire ship began rocking back and forth. Derpy was spinning around on a wheelie chair, a smile spread wide across her face a saw spun around and around, enjoying the chaos of the situation. Meanwhile Soleggiato's eyes were locked into the main screen, his jaw dropped and hooves locked tightly around the control panel.

Moving as best he could across the rocking TARDIS bay, Doctor eventually made his way to the monitor and saw what Soleggiato was looking at with such dismay. On the screen appeared to be an image of the Crystal Empire, but the once lush green felled were dry and barren, the sky's were brown instead of their clear blue, and the once glimmering castle that shunned like a diamond of Equestria was not a monolith of an obsidian castle!

"How... how could this... what happened..." Soleggiato muttered more to himself then to Doctor.

"I'm sorry... I tried to tell you" Doctor started to say, his voice very weak. But before he could say much more, the TARDIS landed hard wherever it was going.

"Where are we now?" Derpy asked as she hung from one of the sideways pillars of the structure.

Rushing to look outside, Soleggiato narrowed his eyes and peered through one of the TARDIS's windows. His breathing began to pick up as his heart began to race. "Home."

"Home? Do you mean?..." Doctor started to say, but was interrupted when Soleggiato grabbed him by his tie.

"Doctor, tell me, with all the rooms you have in this thing, that in at least one of them, you have a suit of armor" the yellow unicorn's expression was more serious and more fierce then Doctor had ever seen before, past or present.

Shaken and slightly afraid of the prince's wrath, Doctor thought quickly and remembered he did stock up on several different centuries of clothing, including a suit of armor from the Crystal Empire. "D-down the hall and to the left. There's a closet with-"

Before Doctor could explain further, Soleggiato teleported in a green flash out of sight only to reappear down the hall where Doctor directed him. Grabbing and tearing various articles of clothing from their hangers and onto the floor in a fashion that would have made Rarity faint, Soleggiato eventually dug his way though to the desired suit of armor. It was a basic guard's armor, but one from the Crystal Empire. The prince would have preferred his favored Black Knight armor, but he left that in his secret bedroom in the castle.

Teleporting back to the deck of the TARDIS, Soleggiato paused and saluted Doctor and Derpy before reaching for the front door. He paused once more as he cracked the door open and turned his head slightly so the duo appeared just out of his peripheral vision. "I'm sorry.... I should have listened.... this is my fight now. You two get out of here to someplace safe."

"But Sunny, we're-" Derpy started to say, but the armor clad prince ran out of the TARDIS and down the dirt road that would inevitable lead him back to the Crystal Empire Castle. Derpy's ears and head sunk as Soleggiato vanished from her sight. "... we're friends..."

Seeing Derpy so down filled Doctor Whooves with a fire that began to grow. He wasn't about to let his friend take such a challenge on all by himself. "We're not done yet, Derpy!"

Doctor ran over to the control panel to the TARDIS and began punching in new coordinates. "We could theoretically go back just a little bit before we arrived the first time and meet the King himself, maybe talk with him of this future, and change his-"

The TARDIS began acting up on it's own again. This time trashing the two travalars inside it around even more violently then ever before! The glowing green spiral engine at it's center began to move faster and faster, its green glow starting to change color, almost to a bright goldish-white! When the two thought that things couldn't get any worse, it suddenly stopped to a halt. But rather then the two slamming down suddenly, it was like they both were safely floated down to the ground.

Taking a few moments to catch their breath, Doctor and Derpy looked each other, making sure no hard had come to one another before taking a look at themselves. Before either of them could say or do anything else, there were several knocks on the door. Both ponies held their breaths as their eyes fell upon the door, worried as to what could be just beyond it.

After a second series of knocks, an elderly stallion spoke up, his voice seeping through the cracks of the TARDIS's front door. "You two are late! Hurry up, will you? We mustn't keep the others waiting."

Author's Note:

And there you have it! Doctor Whooves can't go back in time to change Sunny's fate of being sealed away, nor could he prevent the fall of the Empire.

I hope you Doctor Who fans are enjoying this parody crossover, and those of you who either don't care for the show or have never seen it, I hope you liked it anyway.

One more Doctor Whooves chapter coming up. Then we'll get back to mlp ponies!

PreviousChapters Next