• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,914 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,914

PreviousChapters Next
Masquerade Gala part 3

In the garden, an ungarded hedge maze was soon greeted my shifting smoke like shadows. The darkness took form as a unicorn stallion wearing dark silver armor and a red royal cloak emerged from the smog. Sombra's glowing red and green eyes looked upon the maze, feeling this might have been too easy. Sending Snowstorm and that delussional King Hamon to distract the princesses and the other party goers was one thing, but the air felt thin. It was a familiar feeling, the moment right before something unexpected happened.

As if on cue, a brightly colored carnival stand fell from the sky to gently land at the enterance to hedge maze. Sombra bounced away, putting distance between him and the unknown stand that dropped in, a reflex from being an experienced member of the royal guard. The stand was empty, with just a sign above it that said 'Legendary Magic Maze!'

"Come one! Come all!" A rather annoying voice cheered as a certain extrouble-maker appeared at the opposite side of the carnival stand. Discord was now wearing a white and red vertically stripped outfit complete with a strawgrass hat, holding a cane in one claw that he twirled with great ease. "To Canterlont's own magical maze! Yes in deed fillies and gentle colts! This very maze is where 'I' Discord, master of Chaos, was left as a statue for over 1000 years! Where I tricked the elements of Harmony ponies into betraying one another, look back as season two episodes one and two, and now, the unknown hidding place to one of the four cornerstones!"

There was no applaud, no ohhhh or ahhhh, just the silance between the Draconaquis and the former ruler of the Crystal Empire. Sombra, who had held his glare firmly on Discord began to slowly walk past the chaotic creature, not wanting to even acknowledge his existence if he could help it, thinking if he managed to slip past Discord, maybe the chaotic beast would lose interest and go off to be somepony else's problem. But as the shadow king tried to enter the maze, he was shocked by an invisible magical feild.

"Oh, sorry friend! You have to pay the toll!" Discord looked down with a smug smirk at Sombra, then pointed to a sign with his cane that Sombra swore wasn't there before. It read 'Maze free for school functions, student use, or royal use. All others need to pay the fee of five bits to either the princesses or Discord, master of Chaos, head of the fun department, and smoothest dresser in the land."

Annoyed, knowing from the last line that Discord must have been the one to set the spell up himself, Sombra pulled out a small bag of bits and tossed it over to the carnival stand, then attempted to walk in again. But just like the first time, he was denied entry by the magical barrier. Growling in anger, Sombra gathered all of his anger and rage, built it up into his horn, then roared as he released a large dark magical blast at the barrier. His vision was clouded by dirt that had been kicked up from his attack. But when it cleared, the barrier remained intact.

"Oh no!" Discord appeared behind King Sombra, wearing a backwards white and red cap on his head, a blue and white jacket over a black under shirt, and jeans pants. "Your attack was uneffective!"

By now Sombra had lost his patients. He was too close to Canterlot castle for him to try and relax. Being back in the gardens was even worse for him. Sombra turned, eyes a flame with purple fire as he glared at Discord.

"Well you need to agree to the terms…" Discord grabbed the sign, pointed to some very small print, and held up a magnifying glass to it.

Calming down, Sombra stepped forward and began to read. 'Also, to allow the full fun of a rather boring maze, all pegusi must leave their wings and unicorns their horns, with the gentle colt at the enterance.'

Looking from the sign to the Draconaquis holding it, Sombra glared hard at him, as if trying to light him on fire with his burning gaze.

Snapping his fingers, Discord had Sombra's horn poof off of his head, disappearing from sight. Ignoring the hard look the shadow king was giving him, Discord twirled his Cain and pointed its end towards the maze's enterance. "Have fun, but remember, what you seek may not bee what you think you are looking for…"

Before Sombra could say anything, Discord snapped his fingers once more, activating his chaotic magic. The former ruler of the Crystal Empire found himself floating in the air, slowly levitating I to the maze. Once he was past the enterance, the hedges closed behind him, preventing Sombra from escaping, then the shadow king fell onto his backside. Getting up and rubing his sore backside, Sombra took a better look at his surroundings. He was surrounded by hedge walls more then three times as high as the maze he thought he entered. Chocking it up to Discord's magic, the shadow king pressed forward, deeper into the maze.

The deeper he went the more King Sombra, the more he realized he no longer recognized the hedge maze. Once upon a time, Sombra could navigate his way through the maze in the darkness of night, which he did several times. But now that Discord warped it, Sombra felt he was truely lost. Knowing he had little time, Sombra thought to just turn his body into shadow and quickly spread through the maze to find the cornerstone he was looking for. Sombra took a deep breath, and began to focus on turning his body into shadow. After a few moments, Sombra realized that when Discord took his horn, he also took his ability to transform into shadow. Now even more annoyed, King Sombra ventured deeper into the maze.

Making another turn, Sombra came muzzle to muzzle with something he thought he'd never see again, something the shadow king though he had seen the last of. Sombra was once again facing the statue of him and his son, Sunny, with him standing over his son, hoof pressing down on the young unicorn in a vile victrious pose while his son looked to be in great pain.

"Painful isn't it?" One of the bushes seemed to grow apple like eyes and speak from a leafy mouth. The voice was easily recognized to be Discord. "It just keeps popping up everywhere too! Like oh, I don't know, a manifestation of the memory you both are trying to forget?"

Sombra ignored the trickster, blew some air from his snout and pressed forward deeper into the maze, leaving the statue behind. The hedge face of Discord following closely behind.

"Isn't it funny how some things change but some things remain the same?" Discord contiued to bar at Sombra. "In the past, you faught so hard to make a better future for all ponies and your son, now you distance yourself from him, throw ponies away like they were old horseshoes, and are trying to rip this world apart to make way for the Umbrum? Always fight for one cause or another, aren't you?"

"You would know all about ripping the world apart, wouldn't you Discord" Sombra's tone was harsh and jagged. "Or should I call you Star-Swirl?"

The hedge face pulled back into the bush, only for a pony to emerge a moment later. A pony dressed in a blue cloak and wizard like hat that mimicked the night sky, with jingal bells around the tip and rim. The old wizard looked up from underneith his hat at Sombra, red and yellow eyes desperate to reach out to him. "I lost my mind long ago when I thought I knew what was best for Equestria, oh fallen king. I was driven by my pain and rage, and dream to bring balance to our land. I went about bringing peace in the wrong way, and I payed the price.

"I thought that if I bent the world to my own views, that if I had the power to shape even the skies and ground I could bring peace. I was wrong. Tell me, oh so powerful king of shadows, what have you done with your immence power, your cunning, your knowlage, your influance?" It had been a long time since Star-Swirl tried to see reason, much less try and show others it. But he had to try. For all their sakes, he had to try and set things right.

"Your words fall upon deaf ears, fallen wizard" Sombra spoke with burning ice in his tone. "Why should I care what you say now when I cared for nothing you said back then. I knew you were crazy then, and now it shows…"

As Sombra turned another corner, Star-Swirl reverted back into Discord, the form he had taken all those years ago, that he could never lose or stay away from….



Things did now look good, and for a long moment, everything seemed to stand still. No pony moved, the tension so high it froze them in place. Then, in split second, everything erupted…

Changelings hopped at guests and began to cast them in cacoons, making it easier to transport and handle. Snowstorm struck out at Sunny with his dark blade, Sunny immediately stepped to the side to counter, pulling a blade out from his own belt. The guardians let Sunny take on Snowstorm while they scattered to try and save the party goers from the Changelings, only to be intercepted by Sombra's guards, who had been disgusted as royal guards. Twilight and the girls tried to power up, but Twilight was tackled and taken away from the group, buzzing in the air as King Hamon Optera carried her as far from her friends as possible. Princess Luna ordered the Wonderbolts to follow her as she opened the barrier, allowing them outside to lead a counter attack against the Rainbow Factory, that was still shooting at Celestia's Barrier. With the barrier still under constant attack, Celestia couldn't move or let up, even if there wasn't a mountain top threatening to crush the entire city, and she was starting to feel the pressure. While all this was going on, Sapphire Shores noticed her group had fled and hid completely out of sight. She couldn't blame them, but she felt there was one thing she could do, but she couldn't do it alone.

Looking around, Sapphire knew she found her answer. The pop star earth pony galloped over to Melody and her sisters. Looking them in the eye, Sapphire pleaded to the sirens "I need your help. There's something I need to do but I can't do it alone."

Having grown close to the singer and forming a bond, Melody looked to to her sisters for their answer. Both looked at their younger sister, smiled and nodded their answers.

Melody turned and looked back at Sapphire Shores with bravado in her eyes. "What do you need?"

"Follow my lead…" the pop star instructed as she cleared her throat, having not sung the song in a log time…


(https://youtu.be/7_HJeORKBas)


As the newly formed quortet of one earth pony and three siren sisters began to sing their encouraging song, everypony fighting against the Changelings or Sombra's army began to fight harder and with more bravado, their spirits recharged and bursting with energy from the song.

As two Changeling cornered a hoof full of guests too afraid to defend themselves, Octavia burst onto the scene, swinging her mighty cello, swatting the Changelings away as if there were mere house flies.

Big Mac had commandeered the snack table and began shooting off cupcakes, cookies and other fancy treats with accurate precision at whatever enemy he had an opening for, hitting them in the face and discombobulating them log enough for ponies to escape.

Derpy and Doctor weren't fighters by nature and instead took to clearing the ponies both out of the line of fire and prying them from their cacoons. If the substance the guests were trapped in was fresh, it was easier to get off. But some the couple struggled to break. Luckily, two acquaintances of theirs lent them there strength. The yeti Mac and Tosh wanted to help, but found it difficult in such an enclosed area to pick out the bad guys to fight of without hurting a guest or Allie. But picking up and pealing the solid Changeling goo off ponies was like pealing a banana to them.

Rainbow Dash, Thunderlane, and a few other pegusi joined Applejack, Pinkie and Rarity in trying to free Twilight from King Hamon's grasp. When the Changeling king landed, he was sure to throw Twilight into the fountain, hoping to keep her distracted while he added to his forces. While the others jumped to Twilight's defence, King Hamon looked over at a group of gala guests who were hiding under some tables. Cracking a vile, toothy grin, the changeling King waved his horn and cast a spell on them.

The pony's eyes turned green, their fear growing numb as they all stood up and marched to where the king had ordered them to. Just as Twilight and her friends managed to regroup, the heroes were shocked and taken off guard again by what the Changeling King had done; brainwashing innocent ponies, bending to his will, making them into puppets in this battle.

"Servents, keep them busy" the King finished giving the order right as somepony tackled him, throwing the king into a pillar. The impact almost broke the pillar in two. When the dust cleared, King Hamon knew of only one pony who had the raw strangth to harm him like that. The changeling King muttered the name as he pulled himself out of the rubble. "Salted Carmel…"

The monsterouly strong earth pony stood before King Homon, eyes burning over the king's image as Salted's inner flame began to grow like wildfire. His rage and hatred for Queen Chrysalis was mirrored at King Hamon. They were one in the same to Salted. Both bending pony's minds to suit their goals.

Salted grunted and began to unlatch his shackle.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" King Hamon told Salted as he brushed the last bit of granit debris off of him from the crushed pillar. "I know what happens if you go too long without restricting your other form. You become a beast, wild and uncontrollable. Trust me, if you take that shackle off, I'll make sure you never get it back on again."

A sly and victorious grin overcame King Hamon's muzzle as Salted started to wrap his chain back up.

"That's what I though, good boy" King Hamon knew he could take Salted when he was restricting his true strength and nature.

Hidding in a corner, Coco shivered, hidden underneath a table, next to her was her newest friend Rosewood, who was strugaling with a battle of her own. The living puppet knew she could be a great help in this battle, she had learned how to fight over the course of the 1000 years, but if she did, Coco and everypony else here would see exactly what she was. Looking at her shaken friend, Rosewood took a deep, unneeded breath, knowing that she had to protect her and the others, even if it meant losing her friend.

"Stay here, I have to go and help them" Rosewood told Coco, resolved that those might be her final words she would have with her friend. After this day, Rosewood feared Coco would never want to speak to her again.

"What!? Where are you-" Coco started to ask, but stopped and watched in awe as Rosewood took her dress and concealing cloths off, revealing her wooden and metal body.

Without looking back at Coco, Rosewood jumped high into the air, grabbed a flying changeling who was chaising a pegasus above text crowd, and pulled the Changelings down, plummeting onto a group of Sombra's guards. While the changeling and one of the guards were knocked out from the attack, when Rosewood recoiled, she was attacked by two Sombra guards who were barely injured. The guards lundged at Rosewood, spear and sword in hoof. Right as the guards were about to make contact with the living pony puppet, dinner plates cut through the air, hitting the guards, forcing them to pull their weapons back to defend themselves.

Rosewood looked over her shoulder and couldn't believe what she was seeing. Coco Pammel was standing on top of a table, throwing whatever dinner wear she could at the guards Rosewood had engaged in battle with.

"No pony hurts my friend!" Coco declared as she then hopped off the table, grabbed several forks and began flinging them with great precision.

Nodding to her friend, Rosewood and Coco joined the fight, leaving out minor things such as Rosewood's odd body for a later time. To be honest, Coco didn't really care. All that mattered was her friend was fighting to help ponies in need, and she could help. And that's what friends do.




As the girls and most of the guardians faught off the Changelings and controlled guests, trying to forge an opening to cast their friendship magic and set things right, Princess Luna landed by them and blasted half of the enemies back with a barrier push. But the Changelings and controlled guests didn't stay down for long.

"We need to help my sister" Luna told Twilight and the others, looking over at her sister who was still focusing all her magic on the barrier surrounding all of Canterlot. "She can't hold out for long, not with a mountain falling down on her."

"We need to get to the Rainbow Factory" Rainbow Dash stated as she began kicking Changings away who were hovering over them.

"If we split up, we can't use our magic of friendship" Rarity added as she bucked a controlled guests away, sending them soaring and landing on top of a table.

"We don't have a choice" Twilight looked over at Princess Celestia, her teacher and mentor. A great worry sank into the young alicorn's heart as she saw Celestia in need of help for the second time in her life. "Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Thunderlane, you three head to the Rainbow Factory. Take whatever Wonderbolts with you that you think you'll need to stop whoever is up there."

"I'll go gather them up!" Thunderlane saluted Twilight then jetted off to gather his fellow Wonderbolts.

"But how will we get past the barrier?" Fluttershy asked, already afraid to enter the battle.

"Leave that to me" Princess Luna stated, more then willing to aid in Twilight Sparkle's plan. Luna would do whatever it took to help her sister. If she had half the skill her sister had at creating a magical barrier, she would have joined her sister's side. "I'll open a spot in the barrier, just long enough for a group to slide on through."

"I got as many Wonderbolts as I could!" Thunderlane returned shortly with fewer Wonderbolts then Twilight had hoped for. Looking around, though, it appeared most of them had fallen under King Hamon's spell.

"This won't be easy, but I need you all to go up and stop that factory from attacking, then we can find a way to deal with the crumbling mountain" Twilight Sparkle addressed all the pegusi who surrounded her.

"You got it, your majasty" Spitfire saluted the princess of Fr ndship before turning to the other pegusi. "You heard the princess, we need to stop that factory! Let's move ponies!"

Almost everypony seemed a little more then nervous, but were ready to do whatever they could. This is what they were trained for.

Without another word, Luna pressed her glowing horn against one part of her sister's barrier, forcing open a hole just barely large enough for a pony to squeeze through. Knowing the princess couldn't keep it open for long, the winged ponies zoomed out as fast as they could, regrouping on the other side. Debris was still falling from above, but nothing larger then an apple core.

"Alright ponies, let's not waste time!" Spitfire demanded the attention of her rag tag team of Wonderbolts and random pegusi. "We need to get that factory and fast. But we can't just go head on. I want you all to break into three teams. Rainbow Dash, you lead a Beta team to enter on the south side of the factory. Thunderlane, lead a Delta team to enter from directly below the structure. I'm going to lead a team of the fastest fliers here to head in from above. My team will need to keep the attention of whoever is attacking, so I need the bravest, the swiftest, and the most daring to be on my team."

Four blue coated ponies stepped forward, with their team leader answering for them. Race, smiled at Spitfire and nodded. "Ma'am, it would be our honor. We'll fly with you to Tartarus and back."

"Good, let's move! Move! MOVE!" Spitfire called out, and with that, all the pegusi broke up into the designated teams, their target, the Rainbow factory.

Thunderlane's team flew low to the ground, just barely above the trees, then broke and went strait up. Rainbow Dash was having some trouble keeping her team togeather and with her at her speed as they reached halfway around the factory with at least 500 yards distance between them and the factory wall. Spitfire on the other hoof, with Race and his siblings on her side, along with a few Wonderbolts, were making excelent time and almost reached the factory. That was, until the next line of defence emerged from the dark factory.

Like a swarm of hornets, black and purple suited pegusi emerged from the factory in a V-line formation, with a golden haired mare leading them. As the new enemies emerged, their leader whistled at them, ordering them to attack. All around the north side of the Rainbow Factory, Spitfire and her team took on these new enemies. It wasn't until their leader tackled her and threw her through a cloud that Spitfire recognized who exactly the leader was.

"Lightning Dust!?" The Wonderbolts leader spat out.

Hovering above Spitfire, Lightning Dust removed her protective goggles and glared down at the Wonderbolts. "Miss me? Too bad. As you can see, I have my own team now. A stronger team. A team that respects and fears me. A winning team."

Getting up and dusting herself off, Spitfire glared hard at her former recrute. "You realize what they are doing right? The princesses are down there along with a ton of civilians! They're all in danger!"

Unimpressed by Spitfire's plee, Lightning Dust just rolled her eyes. "Yeah, so? I got my own orders. And they are to keep you and your stooges out of the Factory until I'm given the signal. I don't see a signal, so I'm gonna show you the muscles I urned in prison!"

With that, Lightning Dust zoomed at Spitfire with her right hoof retracted, then quickly released, landing a punch at Spitfire, who blocked with her hooves, but heard one of her bones crack slightly under the pressure. Spitfire was going to have her hooves full with Lightning Dust, while her team continued to fight off, evade, and outfly the rest of the Shadowbolts. Luckily, Rainbow Dash's and Thunderlane's teams went unnoticed by the Shadow bolts, and made their way inside….



Back in the Ballroom, the last of the royal guards faught back what they could of the Changelings as well as the mind controlled guests, but they were simply overpowered. Just as the last of the guards were about to give up, blasts of electrical magical energy hit some of the changelings, shocking them, and knocking them out. The guards, shocked and greatful, looked behind them and saw what had aided them. The Kelads had formed a battle formation of their own and began shooting magical blasts from their horns in what seemed random directions, but each shot was taken with great consideration, aimed precicely at a changeling. The mind controlled guests then proceeded to attack the Kelads as part of their mind controlled order, when they were intercepted themselvs by what appeared to be thick vine like ropes. Wrapping them up nice and tightly, Primrose and Rosebud with the rest of the Thols joined the battle along side the Kelads. The Kelad leader smiled and nodded at Primrose and continued to lead his Kelad troops while the Thols protected them, armed with more vine weapons.

Ispy focused her kelpy telepathy like magic and started to clear the controlled minds of some of the guests, only to be smacked across the face by a serpent's claw. Turning to face her attacker, the kelpy was shocked to see her newest friend, Steve Magnem, was glaring at her with a pair of green eyes, a scowl on his face. With her new scerpent friend turned enemy, Ipsy was forced to release the mind controlled ponies from her telepathic spell, and defend herself from Steve Magnem. Without the kelpie's magic, the guest resumed their mind controlled orders.

Shinning Armor and Cadence had been making some headway. While Shinning Armor kept his wife safe from Changelings, Cadence used her magic to free the guests from King Hamon's spell. But as the princess of love finished freeing another guest, her legs gave in, and she nearly fell to the floor. Shinning caught her last moment, holding her in his hooves. Looking at his wife, Shinning knew she was at her limit. He pressed his head to hers and wished he could take all her pain away.

Two starving Changelings began to creep up on the couple but were quickly sent flying curtacy of a pair of strong hind legs. Standing at protective stances between Cadence, Shinning Armor and the enemy forces were none other then Big Mac and Doctor Whooves.

"I must say, I've never been one for violance" Doctor started to say. "But I do believe one must roll with the punches."

"Or bucks" the tall red farm pony added, laughing lightly, before looking over at Shinning and Cadence. "You need ta get her somewhere safe."

"But what about you? We can't just-" Shinning Armor started to protest.

"Don't worry about us" Doctor interrupted him. "We've tackled worse then this. It will be a piece of cake. Besides, we have a tone of friends here to help. Just keep Cadence safe."

After a quick nod, Shinning focused his magic around him and his wife, then teleported them somewhere safe, deep deep below the dancefloor of the Ballroom.

Looking over at Doctor, Big Mac smiled and asked "Have we really faced worse?"

"No, but I'm sure we will at some point" Doctor cracked a half smile, showing his partial confidence in his words. His eyes, however, as he looked over the scene, were burning with resolve. "What say we teach these party crashers a lesson from the school of hard-knocks."

"Sounds like ah good idea ta me" Big Mac commented, his own smile growing wider as he pulled a party cannon seemingly out of nowhere. Similar to Pinkie's say for it being a few sizes bigger, with red and green coloring instead of pink and blue, and a picture of a big green apple on its side. Dawning a military helmet and tossing one to Doctor, again, both helmets he seemed to pull out of nowhere, then Big Mac grabbed hold of the Cannon's trigger rope. "Time ta cut loose!"

The big red farm pony then began blasting off shots from his personal party cannon at the oncoming changelings, hitting them with not just streamers and confetti moving at high speed, but also apple based products such as pies, cakes, cookies, fritters, ect. Meanwhile, Doctor pulled a rather long scarf out and began using it to rat tail or blind the enemy long enough to lead them into a pillar, wall, or right in front of Big Mac's cannon.

Octavia and Derpy managed to gather a few small families into a corner to better defend them against the starving looking Changelings and the mind controlled guests.

"How long can we keep this up for?" Derpy whispered to Octavia, starting to feel the strain of the fight.

"As last my as we have to" Octavia snapped back quietly. "We need to give the others time to gather and help Princess Celestia."

"I know, but I can't hold this up forever" Derpy said as a changeling hopped up at her. The Derpy didn't hesitat in grabbing the nearest serving tray and smacking the Changeling hard in the face. Like in a cartoon, the changeling stood there for a moment, it's face flattened, then it slid down, falling flat to the ground unconscious.

"I hope they hurry with what they need to do" Derpy pushed the out cold changing away with the same tray she used to know him out with. "I don't know if I can keep this…."

Just as Derpy was about to admit how weakened she felt from all the fighting, her eyes narrowed in on a sight that made time stand still for the grey mare with a wall eyed stair. Off in the distance, beside a table that was overturned, was a plate of muffins that stood perfectly in it's little pyramid. That is, untill a changeling chasing some mares trampled the muffin pyramid, reducing the delicious morsals to nothing but crumbs. Derpy's eyes were glued to the trampled muffins for the longest time. Octavia watched the normally timid, awkward, goofy mare with a sudden chill running up her back. Hesitant at first, Octavia gulped and reached out with a hoof to shake Derpy free from her daze. Luckily for Octavia, before her hoof ever touched Derpy, the grey mare stood up, wings flickered into their flight position, then with the sudden strength and swiftness of a maelstrom, with the power to match, Derpy took to the skies, swooping down and tackling, kicking, hitting and biting every changeling that was unfortunate enough to cross her path. Octavia, the ponies she and Derpy had been protecting, and even some scared and running guests had stopped and watched in horror as Derpy released her inner beast...

Sunny was sparing with Snowstorm, who had dawned his special helmet, preventing Sunny from reading anything the unicorn could have given away with his eyes or facial expression. At first, Sunny and Snowstorm seemed evenly matched and they matched each other's attack with a defending block, and vise versa. That was, until Sunny's attention turned to the ponies surrounding them.

All around were ponies fleing from starving changelings, Sunny's friends and fellow guardians doing their best to defend the innocent, royal guards being overpowered by Sombra's own guards that snuck into the battle, with princess Luna protecting her sister while Princess Celestia struggles to hold up a barrier carrying a mountain as it recieces attack after attack. Ontop of all of that, Cadence and Shinning Armor were nowhere to be seen, and Twilight and her friends are scattered which meant they couldn't use their power of friendship to bring all this conflict to an end! The pressure was building up in Sunny's head. Then a memory bubbled to the surface. Something that might turn the tables in this fight in their favor.

Pushing Snowstorm back with a quick shove, Sunny quickly focused his magic into his horn, then looked to the ceiling, where a crystal chandelier hung as it did over 1000 years ago, unscaved by the passage of time. Releasing the blast up and into the chandelier, Sunny focused nearly all his magic on the spell he had set in place over 1000 years ago as a security measure. Snowstorm was about to tackle the son of Sombra when his vision was pulled to the hanging decor above everypony's head. All the running, fighting, screaming and scrambling seemed to come to a hault as a bright green light filled the room, with several lights began to focus on statues lining the ballroom that had been painted over several times over the course of 1000 years, but their core remained the same, allowing Sunny's spell to work.

There was a slight rumbling, similar to the mountain collapsing, but closer, inside the castle. The eyes of everypony and every creature turned and focused on the walls that were lines with many beautiful, but now torn and battered, tapestries. At the end of one last small rumble, followed by a slight pause, stone hooves holding stone and metal weapon awoke and began to move after 1000 year slumber. Both on the upper layers of the castle, outer walls lining the Ballroom, hallways leading into the ballroom, and even the ballroom's walls were prelined with stone pony like figures, armed and set with a magic spell 1000 years. For 1000 years only a few ponies even knew the statues we're more then just decoration. They we're all part of a secritity measure pit in place 1000 years ago. It was the only thing a certain stuborn old wizard and a certain young unicorn knight could agree upon. The spell took a lot out of both the wizard and the unicorn who set it up, but it was for what they both agreed to be the greater good. Sunny remembered the spell Star-Swirl taught him to cast if the stone guardians would ever be needed. It required a lot of magic, but Star-Swirl was confident that Sunny could cast it, if need be.

As Sunny focused more and more of his magic into the chandelier, which refocused into the stone ponies, he felt them grow stronger and more aware of the situation, as his legs felt weaker and his armor grew heavier. Once the spell was completed, Sunny took a needed deep breath, wabbling a bit, but looked up and watched as the stone ponies joined his friends and other guards in the fight to push back the Changelings and detain the brainwashed guests. Things were starting to weigh more in Sunny's favor until a sudden flash of silver reminded the yellow unicorn of what he was doing.

Reacting quickly, Sunny grabbed his sword in his mouth and lifted it to block a quick attack. The blow caught Sunny off guard and knocked the sword from his mouth. The yellow unicorn hasn't used his mouth to spar in a long time, even though he knew he should have practiced.

"Shouldn't let your guard down during a fight" Snowstorm reminded Sunny, towering over the weakened prince, filled now with new confidence. "You shouldn't have cast that spell, now you don't have any magic to defend yourself with."

Picking up his sword, Sunny locked eyes with Snowstorm. "I don't need magic to defeat the likes of you!"

"Big words, for a farm pony" Snowstorm smirked as he attacked once again, his sword still wrapped in his magical aura.

Sunny blocked with his sword being held tightly in his jaw, ready for the impact. Although he had not practiced holding a sword in his mouth for quite some time, he had gotten used to using his mouth and hooves for other large projects around the farm. Snowstorm wasn't to to best him so easily...


After avoiding the Shadowbolts, Thunder and his team began exploring the facility known as the Rainbow Factory. It was like walking inside a real monster movie, where you were waiting for something or some creepy pony to pop up out of nowhere. Only this was real, and no pony could afford to have anything catch them off guard. Every pegasus knows the stories of the Rainbow factory, and all knew it was a place to stay away from. Ponies who lived on the ground were lucky if they heard the tales and laughed at it, thinking they were old pony's tales. But the pegusi of Cloudsdale knew the dark truth.

"Stay frosty guys…" Thunder said in a deep, but hushed tone. Something in the air was making the Guardian of Loyalty very, very nervous. Like a mouse being stalked by a cat that it can't see. They weren't alone in the factory, but Thunderlane couldn't tell what was lurking in the shadows…



The inside of the Rainbow Factory, despite the name, was a very dark and murky place, with the cloud like floor looking more like an ominous fog then a solid ground for a pegusi. Little lighting made it difficult for anypony to see much further then a few inches ahead of their own snout.

"Ok guys, let's get in there, stop the machine, and get back to help the others" Rainbow Dash stated, trying to show little to no fear, despite being actually scared beyond belief.

Fluttrshy, who stuck by her friend's side every step of the way, looked at Rainbow Dash with great concern. The timid yellow pony was the only pony who knew Rainbow Dash had nightmares of this place as a foal, and could see that the cyan colored pegasus's fear had not lessened over the years. After all, what is more frightening to a pony with a rainbow colored mane then a big scary factory where a mad scientist lives who will drain you of your color and leave you a zombie.

Pressing forward was hard for Rainbow Dash. She knew she had to keep going and show no fear, despite being more afraid then she had ever been in her whole life. But at the same time, others looked up to her, like Fluttershy, the most timid and easily frightened pony she had ever met. Rainbow knew she had to be strong for her and for the other pegusi who joined them in taking this horrible place down.

Just when Rainbow felt she was getting over her fear, her hoof hit something that caused the wall to moan!

Everypony screamed and most of Rainbow's team scattered into different directions, leaving Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy alone with the moaning wall. When some of the misty smoke cleared, the supposed moaning wall was revealed to be a pony laying down in the ground. The poor pony looked up at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy with a pair of greyed eyes that were only slightly darker then his grey body. He appeared be be too tired to do much more then look at the two brightly colored mares with his eyes half open and moan from his muzzle that hung open.

"W-w-what happened to him?" Fluttershy spoke up, breaking the silence, but still not sounding as brave as she wanted to.

Looking further down the hallway, Rainbow Dash could barely breath as she replied to her friend. "The same thing that happened to all of them…"

All lining the hall were other ponies who's coats had all been left lightish grey, their eyes slightly darker, but still just as drained of their natural life, color and energy, leaving them nothing more then lifeless zombies laying wherever they could crawl to with the last of their energy.

"WELCOME LADIES!" A loud voice rang over the PA system that lined the Rainbow Factory, echoing off the metal parts of the factory walls, causing both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to huddle togeather in a hug. "SORRY, DID I SCARE YOU? WELL GOOD! THAT WILL MAKE HUNTING YOU TWO DOWN ALL THE MORE FUN FOR ME! I WAS GETTING BOARD UP HERE JUST SHOOTING AROUND A MOUNTAIN. CELESTIA HAS TO BE SUCH A STICK IN THE MUD!"

Gathering what little courage she could, Rainbow Dash broke the hug and looked up at the random darkness above them where she guessed somepony was watching from, and began yelling with a fierce look on her muzzle. "Who are you! What's your deal!? Are you with Sombra?"

"LETS PLAY A GAME" the voice ignored Rainbow Dash and went on with what he had planned. "I'M A BIG FAN OF HIDE AND SEEK. BUT I ONLY PLAY WITH SPECIAL RULES. RULE 1) THE GAME ENDS WHEN I SAY IT DOES, RULE 2) -"

"WE AREN'T GUNNA PLAY ANY STUPID GAME!" Rainbow snapped, growing more irritated then fearful at this point.

"… I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT ANY PRIZES, THEN" The voice replied. "LIKE THE SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON TO THE WHOLE FACTORY! I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE, ALONG WITH THE STALLION WHO HURT POOR, POOR FLUTTERSHY'S DADDY."

"What!?" Fluttershy's voice was sharp and fierce. All fear melted away thanks to her burning rage. Images of seeing her father in the hospital, of her mother worrying sick over him while he was in coma, of how he cowered and shook over almost anything after the accident. It all boiled over. "WHERE ARE YOU HIDING, YOU, YOU COWARD!"

"NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT! IM ON THE MAIN DECK OF THE FACTORY. YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES TO FIND ME OR I'M GUNNA GO FIND YOU. AND TRUST ME, YOU DINT WANT THAT." The voice chuckled maliciously. " NOW WHERE WAS I... AH YES, RULE 2) -"

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy wasted no time listening to the voice's rules. They only cared about getting to the main deck and getting to both that button and the assalent. Rushing from room to room, the two mares hoped they would find the main deck or atleast come across some of their group. Door after door the mares came up empty.

"Wait…" a very faint voice called out from the mist, his back against the wall. Rainbow and Fluttrshy stopped and approached the greyed pony. At one point his mane, coat and eyes were shades of bright and dark green, but now were drained of all life, taking with it all his mental instability, allowing the stallion a chance to reflect over his life. "Please… please let me help…"

"You poor thing…" Fluttershy's nurturing nature overtook her rage, as anypony could guess with her as she moved closer to the stallion.

"Don't pitty me… this factory… is my creation…" the stallion caughed, speaking was had for him but he wasn't about to pass up his chance to do some good with his life.

"You? YOU!" Rainbow wished the grey stallion was in better health so she could knock his teeth out.

"Please… we don't have… much time…" the stallion said, forcing his hoof lightly up, pointing to a door off to the left. "In there… looks empty… secret door… hoof to wall…"

That was all the poor stallion could say before he surendered to his exhaustion and passed out, joining so many of the others who were out cold, lining the hallway.

Having nothing better to go off, and the time limit running dangerously close, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flew as fast as they could to the room that the greyed scientist pointed them to and immediately went to work on finding that secret door, pressing their hooves to the wall. It took them a moment, but eventually Fluttershy's hoof found and pressed a tile on the wall that gave, and with it, reviled a staircase that shot strait up to a room with a lot of light flowing out of it. Red light. It seemed to ooze from the cracks of the door like a warning and a beacon.

"Let's go" Despite her fear, Rainbow Dash felt braver thanks to the loyalty she had for her friend. She knew she had her duty to the princesses, her fellow Wonderbolts, and her friends below, that all kept her pressing forward. But now that it was a personal fight for Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash felt no fear at all.

Racing up the stairs, Rainbow crashed through the glowing red door and took an immediate battle ready stance, expecting a fight. What she and Fluttershy saw was completely unexpected, and absolutely terrifying.

All around them were greyed ponies, all trying desperately to crawl away, but lacked the energy to move. Some of them wore armor similar to the Sombra guards they captured after the battle of IronLock, some had fancier dresses and suits on, but then Rainbow Dash recognised one of the Stallion's by the scar across his left eye. "Al Ca'Pony?"

The once bright colored gangster pony lay against the wall, grey eyes looking up at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy with little to no recognition of who they were of if he knew them. The fact that he was able to use what little energy he had to lift his head when he heard his own name being called was a miracle.

Just then, a film reel began to play, projecting a short film ahead of the two mares on a projection screen;

"Equestria is a magical place, full of many different types of ponies. Everyone pony has their part to play." An image of Cloudsdale then appeared on the screen, corny and upbeat piano music being played in the background. "And it is the responsibility of the Pegasus ponies to control the weather. Clouds are produced that make rain, hail, and snow, then is distributed where it is needed. But there is a critical part of the weather that needs to be adressed. Where exactly do rainbows come from? Yes rainbows, that magical part after it rains that lights up the sky and lets all know the storm is over."

The image on the screen flipped again to what appeared to be the rainbow falls, but it was all dried up. "The weather factory once drew it's rainbow from natural resources, but those resourced are drying up fast. What are we to do?"

The image of the dried up falls disappeared and now the film was playing a video of the scientist that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy ran into in the hallway. Dressed in a clean white lab coat, he appeared to be relaxed and confient as he presented a machine he stood next to that had a pony hooked up to it. "Greetings ponies of Equestria, I am Doctor WoodenToaster, and I have created a machine to save us from the Rainbow drought. Behold! The Super Speedy Spectra Squeeze 6000!

"The device is simple" the doctor started to point to a tube on the machine that connected to a helmet that sat on top of some pegasus's head. "A volunteer simply sits in the seat, a helmet is placed on them, and in a few short minutes, a small bit of Spectra is extracted from them. No different then donating blood. It's a simple, effective, and painless process that will benefit all of Equestria's-"

The film cuts off abruptly, then another video log that seemed to start playing when it all clears up, as if the videos were cut and pasted together. It was the same doctor, but his coat had splashes of color on it in random places, his mane was medded up and frazzled, and the confident look in his eye had changed and altered to wild and ravaged. "It was so perfect! The princesses should have listened! We could have taken weak and useless ponies and put their Spectra to better use! But they were fools! Those two could have the world! But they turn it down!? I'll show them the power of spectra! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL-"

The image of the mad scientist known as WoodenToaster cut out, in his place was another film added in of a gray pegasus stallion sitting in a chair, facing the screen. A white smile broke through the darkness that shadowed his muzzle, but that was all anypony could see of the mysterious grey stallion. A slick, hidious smile that shinned in the darkness.

"Hello there, Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in all of Cloudsdale. And Fluttershy, the timid little animal lover. If you are listening to this, that means you've escaped my grasp. Don't worry, I should be along shortly. I'm just gathering the ponies you've brought with you. I can't thank you enough. I always need more ammo. I wouldn't worry about them too much, though, you'll join them soon. The game isn't over until I say it is, remember…." The film ended, flipping over and over again on it's reel.

Looking around frantically, Rainbow Dash found a light switch. Wishing to Illuminate the dark and creepy place, she switched it on immediately. As soon as lights began to flicker on, Rainbow Dash began to regret her action. Both she and Fluttershy were speechless as they gazed out onto he main deck of the factory. Two rows of beds filled with ponies lined the deck, with each pony hooked up to a helmet that ran a hose up to large vats. The two girls watched in horror as the ponies in the beds lost more and more of their color, it being drained from them and stored with other spectra in the large vats of swirling rainbow colored liquid.

"Rainbow Dash, look!" Fluttershy pointed to a bed far away from there where a familiar dark grey stallion had been hooked up, his color just beginning to be drained from him. "It's Thunderlane!"

The two elements then flew as fast as they could over to their friend. When they arrived, Rainbow took the helmet off her Guardian of Harmony, allowing him to take in a deep breath. The poor Stallion's eyes were a little greyed over, but not much, he was going to need some time to recover.

""Who did this to you?" Rainbow Dash asked Thunderlane who was still trying to gather his thoughts.

Looking up at them, Thunderlane had to repeat Rainbow Dash's words over a few times in his ahead for it to make sense, but when it did, his eyes when wide. The Stallion's while body shook with fear as he lifted his wobbling hoof and pointed back in the direction of the door the girls came from.

Before Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash could see what exactly Thunderlane was pointing at, the door slammed shut. The sound of a lightbulb breaking and the loss of the light shook the hearts of the two elements. The loss of light was quickly followed by a silance that filled the thin air, allowing the mares to hear the beating of their own hearts beating and their eyes desperately tried to adjust to the darkness.

"So glad you could join us…" a voice hissed from the shadows, doing very well to keep out of sight. "I was beginning to get board. But it seems the narrator has lead two new play things right to me…"

"Show yourself, Coward!" Rainbow Dash swallowed her fear yet again as she took a brave stance infront of a fear stricken Fluttershy.

But Rainbow Dash's barked order was only met with laughter. "I'm going to enjoy draining every last drop of Spectra out of you!"

Several sharp knives shot out of the shadows, their targets, the two pegasus mares. And they hit them, well, as much as knives could hit pastel colored horses in a G rated fan fiction. The knives stuck Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to the wall of a Spectra filled vat. Try as both the timid pegasus and her athletic friend might, neither could break free from their binds.

"Comfortable?" The voice asked, sounding louder and closer this time. "No? Don't worry, it won't matter much soon."

Chains began to rattle, the sound sending even more shivers up the girl's spines. It was like they were living in the worst horror movie of their lives, and it was the part right before the monster, that managed to stay off screen throughout most of the movie, revels himself!

A pair of glowing green circles broke through the darkness, glowing like a sickly lightning from the shadows. As the orbs grew larger, they were accompanied by the sound of pony hooves on steel. The pace was as casual as a tiger stalking it's would be prey. The only light left in the room reveled the prowler once he got within only a few feet of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. A smug smile on a grey muzzle emerged from the darkness first, followed quickly by a head it was attached to. As the rest of the head emerged from the darkness, the eyes of the Stallion met with both Rainbow Dash's and Fluttrshy's. Irises that were wild and unnatural glowed green in the light, with the whites of his eyes being black and empty. Atop the stallion's head was a sharp style of mane, white as white could be. The next thing to emerge from the darkness were claw like wepons attached to his pegasus wings, that reached out and cut through the darkness.

"I guess the game's over" the stallion spoke through a deviant grin, his right wing reaching up with a metal clawed weapon still attacked and crabbed a helmet that attached to the machine. The kind that had sucked the life out of Thunderlane and so many others.

"Why are you doing this!?" Fluttershy asked, fear heavily coating her voice, making it even more high pitched then normal.

The stallion raised a white eyebrow at the yellow pegasus, then paused as his smile grew wider, and his devilish gaze weighed down more on Fluttershy at that moment then it ever had anypony else ever before. "Why? Why am I doing this? Well it's simple... Because this brings me ultimate joy."

"You're wasting your time on him, Fluttershy" Rainbow Dash struggled to get herself free. "This guy's rotten to the core, I can smell it on him."

"Got that right, Crashie" the grey pegasus glrinned at what he considered to be a complement. "Once I'm done sucking you and all your friends dry of your Spectra, I'll have enough to launch one final blow against Celestia's sheild. Canterlot and all those pompous stuffed coats with it! Any survivors will be quickly picked up and drained as well. Soon, all of Equestria will be in ruins, and everypony left a grey, lifeless zombie!"

"But why?" Fluttershy asked again in a more calm tone. "I mean, I don't understand why you have to be so evil."

"It's simply how I was made" the grey stallion smirked as he clicked the claw like weapons attached to his wing. "You don't get a name like 'Cynical Storm' for being kind and peace loving."

" 'Cynical Storm'?" Rainbow Dash swore she heard that name before as she repeated the name under her breath.

"That's my name" the deviant pegasus chuckled then faced the screen to the reader. "If you want to know more about me, check out my less popular FIM FIC back story on this web site, 'No More Tears'. It's rated R, you've been warned."

Both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash looked to each other slightly confused. From what they saw, Cynical was just talking off into the open air.

"But you don't have to be bad" Fluttershy's chimed up, catching Cynical's attention.

The grey stallion with black and green eyes turned back and faced her, raising a bladed claw to the yellow pony's face, running a blade close to Fluttershy's face. "Poor, poor naive Fluttershy, I think a song would better to explain my motives. Cause that's what ponies do right? Sing? Happy, sad, feeling evil or whatever else. They sing…"

Taking a few steps back, Cynical grabbed hold of one of the chains dangling from the ceiling, a musical cue rang, then a top hat appeared to fall from nowhere that Cynical grabbed and placed on top of his head. "It's because, I'm evil…"

(https://youtu.be/QxJrjV4PNXA)

By the end of it, Cynical casually strolled over to Rainbow Dash who had managed to free her hind legs and one wing, and plop on top of her head the draining helmet he had before his song. Rainbow Dash felt a surge of energy shoot through her body for a moment before feeling her body's energy slowly start to drain.

"Let her go! Please!" Fluttershy struggled to get free, but the effort was wasted, the blades were to deep into the… into the vat of Spectra!

Cynical shook his head, holding back a laugh. "No. Don't think I will. But what I will do, I'll let you wait for your turn patiently, until your little friend is a grey zombie. Then I'll let you keep enough of your Spectra to watch as I destroy that ritsy castle down there. Does that sound like fun? Oh! And as an added bonus, I got a surprise for you!"

Leaning in closely, Cynical could hardly contain himself as he whispered I to Fluttershy's ear "'I' was the one who put your daddy in the hospital!…"

Fluttershy's heart skipped a beat. It made sense now. Cynical's glowing green eyes were the ones her father kept on talking about. His fear of storm clouds and being out in the open air. It was because of Cynical!

Fluttershy lunged as hard as she could, pushing off the vat she was stuck to with all her might trying to get to Cynical, her teeth gritting muscles flexing harder then she ever had before, but ultimately unable to free herself. "YOU MONSTER! My father never hurt anypony! Why would you do that to him!?"

"Didn't you listen to my song?" Cynical took the top hat, looked at it for a moment, then tossed it away before glaring back at the enraged Fluttershy. "Because I'm evil and it's fun. And that's why I want you to watch me crush that castle. Because your friends and family are in there, and you'll watch as they crumble with the castle!"

"Wouldn't count on it" a weak Stallion's voice spoke up from behind him. Cynical turned around just in time for Thunderlane to smack him as hard as he could in the head with a helmet connected to the Spectra sucking machine, then plopping it on Cynical's head while he was shaken. "Have a taste of your own medicine!"

While Cynical struggled to get the Spectra sucking helmet off, Thunderlane wabbled over to Rainbow Dash and ripped the helmet off her. Rainbow gassped for air for a moment, her coat a few shades lighter then before, but otherwise she was fine.

"Thanks" Rainbow Dash shot Thunderlane a half smile.

"Thank me later" Thunderlane returned the half smile. "We aren't out of the woods yet-"

Before Thunderlane could say anything else, he felt sharp blade's wrap around his throat and cut several of his coat hairs. Cynical's demented muzzle snuck around his left side. "The Spectra machine doesn't work on me. I have no Spectra to give. But I see I didn't take enough from you."

"You want Spectra?" Fluttershy asked, her tone harder then anypony had ever heard before, Causing Cynical and Thunderlane to look it at her. She and Rainbow Dash had their hooves on one of the blades that held Fluttershy's wing in place. "Then eat this!"

With all the force the two could muster, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash pulled the blade free, releasing a small but powerful stream of rainbow colored liquid that shot at the grey stallions. The Spectra blinded Cynical, forcing him to release Thunderlane from his grasp as he struggled to whipe the rainbow liquid from his eyes. The Spectra that hit Thunderlane seemed to bring his full color and energy back to him.

"I got an idea!" Thunderlane said as he helped Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy get free. "If we hook the Spectra Vents up to the sprinkler system, we can turn them on and give everypony here back their Spectra!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Cynical's eyes were still closed, but he felt his way across the room to one large button on the wall. When he found what he was looking for, Cynical smashed a glass case open with his hoof, then pressed a large red button. Sirens began to sound as red light began to flash all around the factory. "You them to have their Spectra back, they'll get it back! I just hit the release button to the collection vats! The Spectra will flow and flood the entire factory! And when it hits the boilers, the entire Factory will blow! If I can't destroy all of Equestria, I might as well just destroy all of Canterlot! Even if I have to crush this factory into it to do it!!!"

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Thunderlane jumped to grab the deranged grey stallion, but the vats on the main deck opened up and released their contents. The three pegusi jumped to avoid being swept away by waves of bright color, but Cynical wasn't too lucky. Still blinded by the Spectra from before, the evil stallion didn't see the wave of the Spectra that swept him away. The trio could only watch as the villain vanished from sight and disappeared below the flowing liquid rainbow.

"We have to do something!" Rainbow Dash told her two friends. "We can't let this place crash into Canterlot!"

"What are we gonna do?" Thunderlane sounded frantic. "You heard him, when that Spectra hits the boilers, this place is going down. On top of that, we can't leave everypony here ta go down with da ship! But no way we can get them all out in time!"

"What if we turn the boilers off?" Fluttershy suggested.

"If we do that, the entire factory could crash" Thunderlane explained. "If it's anything like the weather factory, when those boilers turn off, this place is gunna go strait down."

Trying to think, Rainbow dash turned to the screen with all the feed from the various outside cameras. An idea pops into her head. "I got an idea! Just below Canterlot mountain there's a small lake! We could crash it there!"

"Are you nuts!?" Thunderlane exclaimed.

"It sounds crazy" Rainbow Dash started to elaborate. "But if we get a waterspout going, we land this thing carefully."

"A waterspout big enough for this thing's gunna need more then just us three" Thunderlane hated to be such a downer, but there didn't seem to be a bright side anywhere.

"What if you had help?" A familiar voice caught the trio's attention. Spitfire, Fleetfoot, Race and his cousins, along with the rest of the group flew in over the flooding Spectra, landing right in front of Rainbow and the others. "Think we can do it?"

"Heck yeah we can!" Rainbow Dash was feeling pumped, her inner flame resparked.

"But we need to turn those boilers off first" Fluttershy didn't mean to interrupt, but time was of the essence.

"We'll get that" a gruff voice spoke up. A certain stallion in a suit picked up a wet fedora, shook it as dry as he could, then placed it ontop of his head. Al Ca'pony standing next to a rejuvenated WoodenToaster looked up at the pegusi and told them "We'll take care of that. I used to be a plumber."

"And I built this thing. The two of us can more then easily get to take care of the boiler before the Spectra does. I have to say, I'm impressed with the plan. It sounds like our best bet" WoodenToaster complemented Rainbow Dash.

"How can we trust you two?" Rainbow Dash questioned their former enemies, narrowing her eyes at them.

"I got my goons here in this place, what's a mob boss without his goons?" Al answered honestly.

"And believe it or not, I think I need to start to make things right" WoodenToaster again answered honestly.

"Great! Go go go!" Thunderlane told them, rushing them out of the room before turning back to the rest of the Pegusi. "We need to get outside, fast, and direct this thing's falling from the outside!"

"No need to tell us twice" Spitfire whistled as loudly as she could to get everypony's attention then began to lead everypony outside.

As Fluttershy covered the rear, she looked around one last time at the Rainbow Factory's main deck, now cleared of ponies who were drained of color, the Spectra sucking machine now cooling off and dying, with no sign of the twisted Cynical in sight, nor any idea where he had gone. One thing he left behind was one of his metal wing claws, blades dug deep into the metal floor, but the straps snapped…

Author's Note:

In this chapter, as well as the next one, are references to 'the Rainbow Factory' as well as WoodenToaster, which I have credited in previous chapters. They are not my original ideas, however I thought it would be fun to have them in here.

PreviousChapters Next