• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
Insurance for a Mob Boss


"OK, now just like we practiced. From the top" Sapphire Shores said, trying to focus all of her attention on her newest student.

The student in question appeared to be a young cream colored filly, with a blue, purple, and pink colored mane and tail. Her mane was done up in long pigtails that almost stretched down to the floor, as was suggested for her position as a pop-star. She appeared to be an average looking filly to anypony who didn't know what she really was. But despite her usual up beat and cheerful attitude, under the current conditions, she really didn't have much heart to put into the dancing and singing that was being asked of her.

The dance studio they were practicing in was a make shift one made in a run down timber mill just outside Manehatten. The original owners of the mill went bankrupt and were run out by the new owner and his goons. A ruthless 'business pony', a pony who had gained a substantial amount of power in Equestria's underworld in a short amount of time, a pony who gets what he wants, a pony who was released from an inescapable prison after befriending the warden. His name was Al'Capony.

From a short distance away, the maniacal earth-pony mobster sat back at a desk he recently 'acquired' and watched as Saphire Shores and her newest student worked. He signaled the goon he had standing to his left to hand him another chocolate chip cookie, enjoying the feeling of being back in his dark element behind the scenes of the otherwise cheerful and loving Equestria. Freedom as a mobster was sweeter than any cookie in all of Equestria.

At each door to the building, Ca'Pony had two of his goons stand guard, as well as keeping one at each of his sides. Henchmen were never really hard to find. Ponies who were down on their luck, desperately needing money, or ponies who were in dept to him and too afraid to try and either hide or run from the mob leader. The ones who joined him were smart, the ones who didn't, well, Ca'Pony said they weren't so smart. But as much as he hated to admit it, if he hadn't made that deal with Warden Snowstorm, Ca'Pony would still be locked up in that tartarus like prison for at least another year or so. And that's if his men were able to obtain a large enough dragon and a few dragon trainers to swoop in and bust him out.

"Hey, Ca'Pony!" Sapphire Shores yelled out from the corner of the mill that had been transformed into a make shift dancing studio. Ca'Pony watched as the pop-star earth pony trotted up to him, a foul look on her muzzle. "We need to call it a night. The poor filly's can't keep going. She's tuckered out. And personally, I need some rest too."

Looking around to the filly in question, Ca'Ppny could see that she looked very tired, breathing heavily, with her face slightly red. The mobster earth-pony stomped his hoof lightly on the desk, signaling one of his henchmen to pick up and offer a gallon of water to the filly. "She'll be fine. Keep going. Another 30 minutes or so, then we'll call it a night."

"30 minute?!" Sapphire Shores repeated his order. "The girl needs some rest, and so do I. Or would you rather just run us both into the ground and-"

"Perhaps you need a reminder of who's in charge, miss Shores..." Al'Capony interrupted her, hit time his voice remained level as he stomped his hoof lightly again. This time, the opposite henchmen picked up a brief case and handed it over to Ca'Pony. Horror struck Sapphire Shores as the gang leader unlaced the case and opened it towards her. Inside were small crystals, just big enough to hold in one's hoof. But what terrified the entertainer was what could be seen held within the Crystals.

At the core of each and every Crystal lay an image of a pony, stricken with fear and frozen in time just like that. Each pony was a member of Sapphire's dancing crew as well as a good friend hers. She would do anything to keep them safe, even work with a worm like Ca'Pony. The earthpony smugly grinned as he looked upon the horrified mare's expression. It's a part about his work that Ca'Pony savored. From a distance, the cream colored filly looked at the contents of the case in horror, fearing what Ca'Pony had done with her own sisters.

Closing the case and locking it once more, Ca'Pony handed it back to his goon. "You wanna keep 'em safe, am I right, Miss Shores?"

Taking in a deep breath, trying to keep her cool, Sapphire Shores released a very fiery breath and nodded. "30 more minutes, sir?"

Ca'Pony yawned as she repeated his last order to her. "Ya know what, I change my mind. Let's call it a night. I need my rest. We have a busy day tomorrow. You two hit the showers then strait to bed. No desert."

Sapphire knew Ca'Pony was just trying to flash the power he had in this situation by going back and changing his mind, even belittling her like she was some foal herself, but Sapphire kept her mouth shut and nodded. Walking back over to her student, she handed the filly a light blue towel to wipe off the sweat.

As they walked out of the dance studio and back to their separate living quarters, the cream colored filly turned slightly towards Sapphire Shires and spoke as quietly as she could. "I'm so sorry about all of this. I wish there was something I could do."

"You don't worry your pretty little head, missy" Sapphire shot the filly a smile. "You didn't do nothing wrong. But the next chance I get, I'm gunna show that arrogant pig that these shoes ain't just for walking."

Four of Ca'Pony's henchmen followed Sapphire Shores and the filly to their designated living quarters, which were two small trailers set up in the large wood mill. As the two entertainers walked out of sight, the scared mob leader thought back to the day he obtained that gifted creature....


High, high up in the Foal mountains, above where most pony's could climb, far enough out of ear shot, stood a temple, just big enough for three mares to live there happily. The temple itself was made of white marble, with a garden growing freely within it's walls, and a spring flowing through it and down the mountain. All of this had been set up over 1000 years ago by Star-Swirl the bearded with the help of one of his best friends, Princess Celestia.

Three beings took humble residence within the marble walls of the temple, three sisters. The eldest was called Symphony, a mare with a white coat and a gold and grey mane that flowed freely almost to her hooves. The middle foal was a mare by the name of Orchestra, a mare with a deep blue coat and a light purple and green mane that was kept in a neat little bun. The youngest was named Melody, a cream colored filly with a purple, blue, and pink colored mane, pulled back in a pony tail that she loved to fling around when she shook her head. There in the temple like structure, the three sisters lived together peacefully, and safely away from anypony who could hear them. For these three weren't any ordinary mares. They were beings who could survive the tests of time, who's songs could drive ponies to fight against one another, who fead on the aggression and conflict of others. They were beings known as sirens.

After Star-Swirl had sent three other trouble making sirens off into another world, he sought to make sure no more would show up seeking revenge. He was surprised to find three fairly young filly sirens just using their songs to entice plant life, getting them to grow and fight harder against harsh elements such as lack of water or cold. The oldest siren sister informed the oddly dressed wizard that most sirens reside deep within the the ocean, where their song's magical tone is lengthened and turned into a much more peaceful, less possessive tune. But the foals were too young to delve into the ocean's depths by themselves to return to their friends and families. That was when an idea struck the old wizard.
Together with Princess Celestia, the bearded wizard build them a home high, high up away from pony kind, where the sisters could live happily until the day they were old and strong enough to make the journey.

But that day wasn't about to come without conflict.

One day, as the youngest sister awoke from her slumber, she was grabbed, gagged and tied up by some scary looking ponies in black stripped suits. When the other two sisters heard the commotion, they ran out to check on their sister, only to find Ca'Pony holding young Melody hostage.

"Hello, ladies" the slick earth-pony mob leader said with a toothy grin. "I have a business proposition for you. And believe me, you'll want to hear it."

Symphony and Orchestra looked down and were horrified to see Melody had been taken prisoner by the sleazy looking pony. Reluctantly, they obeyed his every word...


"Hey boss" the henchmen on the right side of Ca'Pony got his boss's attention. "Mind if I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Ca'Pony replied, slight annoyance in his tone.

"How are we so sure that we can trust that maroon, Snowstorm?" The henchmen began. "I mean, he is a royal guard after all. Should we really be working for him?"

"First of all, get this through your thick skull" Ca'Pony began to lay into the henchmen, grabbing him by his neck tie. "Ca'Pony don't work for nopony, see? Ca'Pony only works for Ca'Pony. Capiechn?!"

"Y-yes Sir! You da boss, Sir! N-nopony else" the henchmen spoke trough his collapsing throat, being choked by the tie that was strong along him.

Releasing the henchmen, Ca'Pony continued, more or less speaking out loud to himself then informing his men. "Second, I'm goin' along with that snow ball's plans 'cause it'll make us a lot of money and shift the power away from the princesses. Which means more power for me, Ca'Pony. Even if that guys does turn on us, we can easily take him down. No pony gets the best of Ca'Pony. Capiechn?"

"W-whatever you say, boss" the henchmen. Answered once Ca'Pony released him. "That's why you da boss, boss."

"And don't you forget it" Ca'Pony said again, half smiling to himself as he gazed off into a distance, looking into the future that would soon come to pass. One where those annoying princesses, the only ponies who stood in his way, were outcasts! If all went according to plan, the princesses would be shown for who they really are! A bunch of spoiled rich fillies. The day is coming where rich, smart, powerful business ponies who don't rely on magic, rule Equestria. And Ca'Pony himself will rule them all!

PreviousChapters Next