• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 1,913 Views, 31 Comments

Sunny Knight: a Pony's Tale - TheothersideofSunny968



A story of love, loss, pain, and how finding and making friends is as easy as giving an honest smile.

  • ...
13
 31
 1,913

PreviousChapters Next
Goldie not Golden


Sunny was now traveling down the second part of the dirt path that Golden delicious instructed him to take. He had passed the fork in the road not long ago, and had just recently stopped galloping as was just casually walking. He looked up and took a deep breath, soaking in the warmth of this summer's day. He enjoyed the peacefulness of the world around him. He heard the birds singing, insects humming, the faint sound of a small brook that lead into the lake he passed by, and it all seamed... Wonderful to him. This of course came to an abrupt end as wubs filled the air around the surrounding town. But it wasn't nessisarily a bad thing. Sunny quickly picked up the beat and soon enough, he found himself dancing to the amazing song that was playing!

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bo3Gl32gihM)

Before he knew it, the yellow unicorn with an apple family Stetson hat had danced his way, not only into Ponyville, but into the middle of a party being thrown by none other then Pinkie Pie. Almost no pony noticed the new stallion who joined their party, or if they did, they didn't really care. The more the merrier.

After a couple more beats, the DJ, none other then 'the' Vinyl scratch, turned the volume down to where it was just background. It was then the hostess noticed the new face and appeared beside him as he took another swig from his canteen.

"Hi there!" She surprised him by pooping up out of nowhere as she normaly did, causing him to almost drop his drink.

He looked over at the pink mare with a cotton candy like mane and smiled. "Ugh, hello. How are you?"

"I'm great! My name is Pinkie Pie! What's yours? I haven't seen you before, so I know you're new to Ponyville because I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville. And I would love to be your friend and help you make lots and lots of friends!" When her mouth stopped running a million miles per hour and made a huge smile along with a squeak, Sunny just chuckled at her a little.

"Wow aren't you an energetic pony?" He smiled and held out his hoof. "Call me Sunny. It's a pleasure miss Pie."

She smiled and grabbed his hoof, shaking it wildly, casing the bright yellow stallion to shake violently, but he held onto his smile the whole time.

"Call me Pinkie! All my friends do!" She finally stopped her hoof shaking.

"Friends?" The tremers in Sunny's body began to dissipate. "So.... You want me to be your friend?"

"Of course! I'm friends with every pony!" Pinkie exclaimed her smile and eagerness never fading.

"Wow. You're very lucky" the yellow unicorn commented.

It was odd, Pinkie began to calm down, but smiled sincerely at the new pony in town. "I know. Its really wonderful to make so many friends. And I would like to be your friends too, if you want."

For some reason, what that pink pony with the Cotten candy hair said to Sunny just now, made him feel better then he ever had. 'Friends' he said in his mind. "I'd really like that. Oh! Do you happen to know somepony named, ugh, 'Applejack'?"

"Yep! I sure do!" The bouncing returned to the pink pony's body. "She's one of my bestest, best friends! Why?"

"Well... I was told to come here and ask for her by a miss Gold -" Sunny began to explain but was quickly interrupted.

"Oh! Really?! Great! We've been waiting for you! Come with me!!!" She exclaimed as lifted the stallion up over her head and dashed off to sweet apple archers.

-back at the fork-

A brown earth pony stallion with a lime green mane and tail sat in the shade, looking at the map, extremely confused. "Oh apple cores! I promised Golden Delicious that is help at the farm while AJ was away! Ugh! I can't believe I'm so lost! Ok..." He looked at the fork then flipped a bit. Heads down stream, tails upstream.

The coin flipped, landed, and the stallion began to walk up the road leading right to Goldie Delicious's house, miles away from Ponyville.

PreviousChapters Next