• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 5,372 Views, 78 Comments

The Grey In Between - EquinoxLiege



My weapon in my hand I will find out why she betrayed me. And give her what she is owed. Wow Lulu was right, one thousand years of banishment do make you dramatic!

  • ...
11
 78
 5,372

Celestia Remembers

Night had fallen sometime ago over Canterlot. The city was in no way quiet, parties boomed with beats and shouting, and even some families were still out. Having a semi-nocturnal lifestyle had become rather popular a year or so after Luna's return. Said princess loved it, as did many a university student, who had just found their late night study session could now be called normal study session.

All that side, many ponies were as asleep as Celestia's sun. Yet Celestia herself had not yet gone to rest.

The sun goddess placed her room, bare hooves hitting her granite floors with a quiet clip. Her mind was ablaze with possibilities, plans, and futures. Many of her said plans had just recently been thrown astray with the return of Revan.

Celestia did not hate Revan. She never had, he was always a good friend. Even if he had been closer to Luna. The two had shared similar philosophies which made them a terror to work with.

Celestia sighed, and made her way to her balcony. Her mind now occupied by thoughts of the past.

One memory shone brighter than the others, one Celestia doubted she would ever forget.

The day she and Luna had meet Revan.


The forces of Equestria were around six months into what would be called The Great Griffon War. The armies of Equestria were deadlocked on the Griffonian border. Nether armies could get a large enough victory to push the enemy back.

The forces of both armies were finally starting to realize what full scale war really meant, moral was low on both sides. Many of the Equestrians had believed with their superior magical power and ground control, that the war would be quick and decisive.

The Griffon’s had believed that the Equestrian’s would run in fear at their own massive armies and sky superiority.

It turned out the the two were evenly matched.

The Griffons, although later they would, had not yet found a reliable way through the unicorn shields that protected the main bulk of the Equestrian armies.

The Equestrian's problem was that the Griffon’s were using steel armor and weapons compared to the ponies iron. Pegasi wingblades couldn’t get through Griffon armor.

With both sides rushing to find away around their separate problems, minor battles were still being fought.

It was during one of these battles that a flash of white light filled the air.

The Griffons feld, assuming it to be a unicorn’s spell.

The Equestrian’s went to look, knowing it was no spell of theirs.

Leading the Equestrian’s in that battle was no other than Princess Luna, recently returned to the front lines.

Luna expected to find a displaced message or package from her dear friend Starswirl, who had a habit of overestimating teleport distances.

She did not expect to find a mythical creature.

“General, sendeth a message, bid mine own sister she is needed here. anon. ” Luna then noticed the creatures tears.

“Wherefore art thee crying?” She moved a little closer to the creature, studying it’s strange garb.

The masked human looked up at her, “I have no idea.”


Celestia teleported from Canterlot moments after receiving her sister’s message. She was not sure she believe that her sister had found a ‘human’. They were just an old mare’s tale.

A soldier bowed to her after her teleport, “Thy majesty, thy sister asks thee to joineth h'r in the medical tent.”

Celestia nodded and followed the soldier through the camp, nodding at bowing soldiers.

Celestia ducked to enter the tent. She spotted her sister sitting near a curtained off section in the back of the tent.

“Sister, we has't arriv'd. Where is this creature thee speaketh of?”

Luna glanced over her to her sister before motioning to the curtain, “He sleeps.”

Celestia next to her sister, “He?”

A nod, “We spoke to him briefly.”

Celestia turned her head from her sister to the curtain, “Art thou sure he is what thou claim him to be?”

Luna joined her sister in staring at the curtain, “Yes, we have has’t no doubt. Hopefully he shall wake soon, and we can speaketh to him more in depth.”

The sisters sat and waited.

It was hours before the human woke. He woke with a strangled cry, and the sisters rushed past the curtain.

Celestia was shocked at the creature, it seemed to be a human. But the ‘human’ was wearing robes and a mask, so she could not fully tell.

Luna slowly approached the human, “Art thou alright?”

He shied away from Luna, “Who…? What are you? Where am I?”

Celestia took the opportunity to step forward, “We art the Royal Pony Sisters of the kingdom of Equestria. Who art thee?”

He glanced back and forth at Luna and Celestia, “I… I don’t know? I can’t remember, wait. Why are you two talking like that?”

Ignoring the question of speech, Luna spook, “Wouldst thee taketh off thy mask?”

He seemed even more confused, “Mask?”

His gloved hands reached toward his face, and with a moment's hesitation he removed the mask.

Celestia had to agree with Luna, she no longer had doubts about him being a human. He matched the legends perfectly.

The man (if Celestia was remembering the correct terminology) had long black hair. His… skin was like the metal bronze, his eyes a bright green. An amazing contrast.

After staring at the sisters for moment the man looked down at the mask. He turned it to face him, and stared at the front.

Silence reigned.

“Revan.”

The sisters responded in confused shock, “What?”

He looked up at them, and Celestia saw a small fire burning in his eyes.

“Revan, my name is Revan.”


The memory faded from Celestia’s mind. That had been a long, long time ago. Before Luna had begun her descent into Nightmare Moon.

Celestia found herself laughing, a small quiet one.

The memory had brought forward many of the great ones that the trio had shared.

Celestia’s laughter stopped, and she wondered for the first time in many years,

Was I wrong? Wrong to hid him away? Not to speak with him about the prophecy?

Celestia sighed once again and walked quickly back into her room.

Only time will tell.

Author's Note:

*war flashbacks*
Fair warning we're gonna get a lot more flashbacks now. Mostly from Celestia, Luna, and an occasional dream from Revan.

A lot happened in the past.

Comments ( 5 )

Well then, this story is alive. Damn I guess?

Moar...........and I had to read back over the chapters cuz it's been awhile since I read this last!!:rainbowlaugh:

whens next chapter.

Can we please get some updates please

Good story, would like to see it finished.

Login or register to comment