• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 5,371 Views, 78 Comments

The Grey In Between - EquinoxLiege



My weapon in my hand I will find out why she betrayed me. And give her what she is owed. Wow Lulu was right, one thousand years of banishment do make you dramatic!

  • ...
11
 78
 5,371

Saying Hello

The dust from Discord's statue falls slowly to the ground. The silence grows, and grows, and grows. This is getting really awkward. So I turn to the others and yell,

"Hug me, Lulu!"

Who cares about timing?

She ran (galloped?) to me, "Rev!" She's still using the nickname too! We threw our.. well arms for me and legs for her, around each other and hugged tight. We hugged for a good minute, awaked silences for the win!

We pulled apart, "Jeez Lulu! I haven't seen you since before you turned into that thing that attacked Celly."

She grinned sheepishly, "Thats not a good memory."

I just smiled at her and looked around again. Ponies are looking at me in horror, but thats nothing new.

Time to look at those element girls!

Well not look through my eyes that is, but through the force.

Whoa that purple one is very, very powerful. Also terrified, looks up to Celly a ridiculous amount, confused, worried for her friends, and seems to be the bearer of the element of magic.

The marshmallow one has an average amount of magic, but very good control. She seems about ready to faint, bearer for generosity, and ridiculously worried about her drapes? Ok moving on.

The rainbow one has a lot of pegasus magic, probably doesn't know it ether. And she wants to attack me! This one looks like fun. Very overprotective. Hmm, definitely loyalty.

The orange one has a tight connection to the earth. Most likely a farmer. Also wants to attack me, but only if needed. Probably honesty, that ones always been the hardest to tell.

And the pink and yellow ones have connections to the force?

My face must have been enough, cuz Celly started talking. "I was wondering if you would notice, in the past few hundred years ponies with connections to the force have been popping up. No one could teach them so I left it alone."

Celly is nervous. I'm not surprised. She must know that she and I are going to have a bit of a chat.

Lulu looks back and forth between the two of us, before turning back to me with another smile. Aw, I can't stay angry near Lulu!

"How are you here anyway?" She looked at Celly, "Sister told me you died.. And you just killed Discord, I think we all need an explanation."

Everyone (Pony?) looked at Celly, she shook her head. "This is not the place to have this conversation, I'll teleport us all back to the castle."

With that she lit her horn and we were gone.

After 400 years, or is it 1400? Anyway, I'm still jealous I can't teleport!


Who is that thing?! Also how is he friends with Princess Luna! Also he called her Lulu! The Princess teleported us back to the castle. She looks really nervous, weird she always seems to have a glowing smile on. She obviously knows the thing, as does Lulu! I mean Princess Luna. I watch princess Luna and the thing talk. She keeps calling him 'Rev' I guess thats his name. I must know! For I am Twilight Sparkle, lady of knowledge! I mean I want to know who he is.

I should talk to the Princess and see if she'll dub me the Lady of Knowledge...


The purple one scares me, at first It was fine. Now it's weird, almost stalkerish. I look around as we walk to, wherever we're going. Hey the castle looks weird... Wait a minute.

"This isn't The Everfree Castle!"

Celly nods, "I had to abandon it around 15 years after Luna's banishment."

"Why?"

She winces, "Do you remember the weird feeling you started getting from the forest after Luna turned into the nightmare?"

I sigh, "Celly, please don't tell me yo-"

"Celly?!" Why is the purple one so loud?

I ignore the purple one and keep talking, "As I was saying, please don''t tell me you didn't do anything about it."

"I've had enough of this! I want some answers! How did you kill Discord?! How do you know the Princesses?! WHO ARE YOU?!" And now the purple one is in my face. Flip out commenced, wow she reminds me of a certain wizard.

I just look into the purple ones eyes. I'm about to knock her out when Celly grabbed her. Celly places her down next to her, and smiles.

"Patience my faithful student. We will talk about everything that happened today when we get to a better location."

I snort, "Faithful student? Who are you, Starswirl?"

The purple one fainted.


I wake up, where am I? What happened? Oh right, that weird thing showed up and.. I almost throw up. I'm going to be having nightmares of that for years to come. I process all this is a few seconds before looking around, the girls are all around me. They're talking to the Princesses, no one notices I'm awake but the thing. He smiles and waves. Princess Celestia notices I'm up.

"Twilight you're awake! Wonderful, we can start now."

"Finally! First, Who are you?! What are you?!" Rainbow is pointing at the thing.

He just lifts an eyebrow at her, "Well, my name is Revan. I'm a human, you don't really know what those are. Also why do you want to fight me so much?"

Rainbow glares at him, "How did you know that? Are you a spy? A mind reader?" Princess Luna laughs at that.

Revan laughs too, "I'm no spy. But I can read your mind at an emotional level."

What.

My mind has been to sluggish to anything at this point but this is to far.

"What?! That's impossible, it's scientifically impossible!" I throw my hooves in the air.

"Well purple one, you live in a world where magic is the norm. Is magic scientifically possible?"

"Yes! Well, no. But. Wait did you just call me 'purple one'?

"Yes. And?"

Princess Celestia clears her throat, "I think introductions are in order."

Revan smiles at her, "Sounds good to me Celly!"

Princess Luna seems to be bounding with joy, "Since this is for Revan, anyone can start first!"

Pinkie jumps up, "Hi Revan! I'm Pinkie Pie! I'm a superduper terrific party planner! My favorite things to do are makes pony happy! Also to make them laugh!"

Revan smiles at her, stares, and starts to mumble. "Hmm, mostly focused around emotional. Most likely has a pretty good warning system too."

We all stare at him for a moment before he shrugs and Rainbow started, "Ok, thats weird but I'm Rainbow Dash and I'm the best filer the world has ever seen!" She puffs her chest out proudly.

He looks to the Princesses, "Is she?"

Princess Celestia nods, "She performed the sonic rainboom when she was a foal."

Revan nods, "She does have quite a lot of air magic doesn't she."

"I have what?"

Rarity jumps in, "Never mind that dear! Let everyone have their turn," She nods at Revan,"My name is Rarity. I am a fashion designer."

He leaps across the table at her and grabs one of her hooves, "Please tell me that bellbottom jeans haven't become a thing here!"

Rarity looks confused, 'What dear?"

He lets of her hoof and slumps back into his chair, "Oh thank the force."

Fluttershy perked up a a bit at this, "Um, both you and Princess Celestia mentioned this force before. Would you mind telling us what that is? Only if thats ok with you of course."

He shakes his head, "I wouldn't mind, but first their are still three of you I don't know."

Flutters puts her hooves to her face in shock, "Oh my! I forgot to introduce myself, I'm sorry. I'm Fluttershy, I take care of animals."

AppleJack just stares, "I'm AppleJack, I'm a apple framer."

Revan smiles at both of them and runs to me, "Well now for the purple one."

I glare at him, "My name is Twilight Sparkle, I'm Princess Celestia's personal student."

Revan laughs at looks right at Celestia, "Wow, you are trying to be just like Starswirl!"

I lunge at him, "How do you know Starswirl The Bearded?!"

Revan laughed again, "You actually let him go down as that! I thought he was kidding!"

Luna rolls her eyes, 'It's all because you got him that stupid hat and cape. It gave him an ego taller then this mountain."

I can feel my eye's twitching, "You, you gave him his cape and hat?!"

Revan snots, "It was a gag gift. He said he wanted to look more like a wizard, so I gave him the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of wizards."

I can't handle this man, he makes no sense.

Revan shifts in his chair, "Now that I know everyone we can get back to the topic of the force."

He closes his eyes and his whole demeanor shifts, "The force is everywhere, it's kind of like the life force of everything. It's in everything. It can be used for many many things. Some good, and some are pretty bad. But it all depends on the user. If the user has good in their heart then the outcome great and wonderful, but if the user has evil in their heart then terrible things can happen."

We're all silent. He turns to Fluttershy and Pinkie, "Few are born with the ability use the force, the two of you have that."

Pinkie looks like she's about to cry, "You mean I'm not cursed?"

He gives her a sad laugh, "Cursed? No if anything your blessed, the universe has given you the power to help others."

Pinkie begins to cry, we all hug and Fluttershy starts to cry too. I can only think of one thing.


Why would he be banished?

Author's Note:

This chapter went from my attemded comedy to kind of serious pretty fast.

I blame the music I was listening to.