• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 5,371 Views, 78 Comments

The Grey In Between - EquinoxLiege



My weapon in my hand I will find out why she betrayed me. And give her what she is owed. Wow Lulu was right, one thousand years of banishment do make you dramatic!

  • ...
11
 78
 5,371

Making this place home.

Revan

I look around at the small town of Ponyville. It's got a nice homey feel. Like anyone is welcome, it's got a nice forest in the distance too...

"Waaaaaaait, is that what I think it is?"

Twilight follows my gaze to the forest, "What, the Everfree?"

I perk up, "It is the Everfree!"

She's about to ask me another questions when she's interrupted by Blueblood, "This conversation is enthralling, but the other bearers already left. Shouldn't we do the same?"

I give him a surprised look, "I thought you'd want to stay out of town as long as you could."

"The train conductor has been giving us a death glare for a few minutes now."

Twi and I look back,

By the force he wants us dead.

We quickly start our walk away from that future murderer. I mostly just follow Twilight while looking back every once in a while to make sure Blueblood is still following.

As we near the center of town Twi pulls out a clipboard, "Alright so we have some ponies to visit to make sure you're all set up."

She points toward a building with a hammer and nail for a sign, "First we're going to have to get you a house built."

Then turns toward what I assume is the town hall, "Second we get both of you registered as citizens of Ponyville.

She keeps listing things but I stopped paying attention until we started walking toward the hammer and nails place. A small bell rings when we open the door.

I hear a muffled voice from the back, "Welcome to Ponyville builders, what can I do for you?"

Twi starts walking through the ridiculous amount of wood in this place and we follow.

We reach the desk and find a young stallion reading some magazine behind a small desk.

Twi puts her hoof down lightly on the desk, "We need a house built."

He looks up and drops his magazine at the sight of me, "Who is that?!"

"Rude." Blueblood and I say in unison. I smile at him and he groans.

Twilight sighs, "Not important, but they need a house."

He shakes off his shock and grabs a quill and a pad of paper, "Alright, what do you need?"

Twi opens her mouth but I step up, "We're going to need two bedrooms, at least one bathroom, a sitting room, and one big wide room. Kind of like a dojo. Can you do that?"

He nods, "Easy enough, should take around a week." I love magic, makes thing so much easier.

He pulls a drawer out, "Do you want me to show you the places around town we can build?"

"I have a better question, how close can you get it to the Everfree?"


With our house all set to be finished in a week, we head for town hall. As we walk in I have to duck my head, sometimes being tall in a world where everyone is almost the same height is hard. The receptionist looks up, "New citizens?" Twilight nods. She jerks her head at some chairs near an office door. Blueblood collapses into one of the chairs, I sit next to him and look at the office door.

It reads, 'Mayor Mare'. I whisper to Twi, "Is that really her name?"

"I don't actually know."

We sit around for a while, what I'd expect from a mayor's office. Nothing really happens except for a few whimpers and moans from Blueblood. After what feels like hours, the receptionist say, "The Mayor will see you now."

We get up and Twilight pushes the door open. The mare behind the desk looks ragged and tired. She just sighs when she sees me and Blueblood.

"Hello Twilight, I'm going to assume these are the new citizens. I was hoping for more normal ones, especially after this mornings events."

Oh yeah the Discord thing was this morning.

She shakes her head, "Besides that, can I assume you already have a house being built?"

I nod

She smiles and pulls some paper from a drawer, "That's good, someponies come in here expecting me to have houses for them as soon as they move. I suppose having Twilight helping did that."

I laugh, "When I decided we were moving here I did overlook that."

She pulls out a quill and starts to write on the papers she took earlier, "These are your citizenship forms. I need names, and well your both ponies so thats taking care of."

Twi coughs, oh wait.

I raise a hoof, "Um, I'm not actually a pony."

She raises her eyebrows, "Then what are you?"

"My species in known as 'Humans'."

Her jaw drops, "Are you telling me Lyra Heartstrings was right?!"

Twi and I exchange confused looks, before she asks, "Um, Mayor Mare? What was Lyra right about?"

The mayor slams her hoofs on the table, "She's been telling the town for years that a bi-pedal species called 'Humans' lived in a universe near ours!"

I laugh, "Wow I need to talk to her."

Twi rolls her eyes, "I'll introduce you later."

The mayor sighs and goes back to the papers, "That aside I still need full names. And If the two of you are related I'm going to need the specifics of that as well."

"My name is Revan."

"My name is Gabriel Blueblood."

Twi pops in, "And if you would write down Revan as his grandfather."

She raises her eyebrows again, I shrug, "Actually I'm his ancestor."

She just sighs again and makes us wait uncomfortably for a few minutes before she lifts up her quill.

She smiles at us, "Welcome to Ponyville."

Author's Note:

I almost lost half of this chapter because my computer randomly shut down, but I didn't! Yay!

Thanks for reading!