• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 5,372 Views, 78 Comments

The Grey In Between - EquinoxLiege



My weapon in my hand I will find out why she betrayed me. And give her what she is owed. Wow Lulu was right, one thousand years of banishment do make you dramatic!

  • ...
11
 78
 5,372

Breakfast

Twilight Sparkle

After some quick explanations to both Spike and Blueblood, Revan and I left the library. Pinkie had mentioned yesterday that see wanted Revan to come to SugarCube Corner. I led the way as Revan mumbled happly under his breath.

I could only catch a few words but they seemed rather strange, "Spikester? Spiken? Spike? SD? Ooooh I like that one."

It seems Spike has earned his nickname by existing.

I greet a few ponies as we walk, thankfully not Lyra.

That is a conversation I do not want to have yet, she's been screaming about humans as long as I've know her. I have no idea what she'll do when she meets an actually human. Nothing good most likely.

We reach Sugarcube Corner and the familiar bells on the door jingle. I spot Pinkie waving at us from a booth in the back of the shop. Revan finally stops his mumblings and we move to the table.

I open my mouth to greet the girls but Revan beats me to it, "Sup Harmony Gals! Who wants to here they're nickname?!"

Pinkie pops up,"ME!! ME!!'

"Pinks."

Rainbow puts her hoof up, "Me!"

"Dashie."

Applejack tilts her hat, "Um, me?"

"AJ. Also I'm not waiting for Rares and Flutters to answer."

Rainbow gave a confused look, "How come most of them end in s?"

Revan rolled his eyes as he sat down, "Because I came up with them like three seconds ago, I was busy making SD's nickname."

Rarity gave a confused look, "SD?"

"Spike."

That trilling conversation was stopped when Mrs.Cake came by with menus and the seven of us started looking through.

After a minute or two of silence Revan looked up from his menu, "This place is diabetes in a muffin isn't it?"

"Finally someone notices." I say under my breath.

Pinkie looks confused, "Whats diabetes?"

Everyone laughs at that and when Mrs.Cake comes by a moment later we place our orders.

After Mrs.Cake is away Rainbow turns to Revan, "So I've got a few questions that didn't really get answered yesterday."

He shrugs, "Ask away. We might as well make this an open question time, I'll answer any question I think I'm ready to tell you."

We all nod and Rainbow goes first, "So If your a human, how did you get here?"

"I have no idea."

Applejack gives him a look, "Really?"

"Well yeah I don't have any memories of before I came to Equestria."

We all just stare, I'm the first to break the silence, "Do the princesses know?"

He stares out, as if seeing nothing, "Of course, they tried to get my memories back for years. But they only thing I can remember is putting on a mask."

"A mask?" Fluttershy speaks up.

Revan nods and his horn glows grey for a moment, and a sliver mask falls on the table.

Rarity stares, before turning to Revan, "May I?"

"Of course."

Rarity picks it up in her telekinesis and begins to turn it slowly in circles.

Applejack looks rather confused, "Why this mask though? Why would it be the only thing ya remember?"

Revan simply shakes his head, "I'm not sure i'll ever know."

At this point, I'm the confused one. Why is he so open with us? We meet him yesterday, yet he treats us as if we've known him for years. Not to mention this mask, I'd like to study it to see if it gives off any magically energies.

Before I can continue this line of thought, Mrs. Cake comes with our food, and Revan teleports his mask to wherever he's been keeping it.

We're all quiet as we eat, but there are some giggle when we see how Revan eats like Pinkie, as fast as he can.

After we all finish Revan puts his hooves together, "So I'd like to talk about Flutters and Pinkes training."

Rainbow reacts to that by slamming her hooves on the table, "Hey! When did they agree to any training?!"

Pinkie laughs, "Well I did!"

Rainbow lifts her hoofs and looks to Pinkie in surprise, "When?!"

"Right now!"

Pinkie and Revan hoof bump.

Everyone turns to Fluttershy, she staring out the window. She closes her eyes, "I want to learn."

Revan nods, "I'm having a room we can use built at my house, we'll start when my house is finished."

Well it looks like life is going to be interesting with Revan and Bluebl- "Crap."

Everyone looks at me in confusion, I look at Revan, "We left Blueblood and Spike alone at the library.

In that moment of revelation, a certain light green unicorn walks by.

"Hey girls!" Lyra says happily

Oh no

Pinkie waves, "Hi Lyra!"

This is not happening

Revan smiles evilly, "Hi Lyra! My name is Revan! Wanna know what I am?!"

Author's Note:

IM SORRY

SCHOOL GOT CRAZY

THEN I LOST ENTIRE CHAPTER

Thank you to sasuke2490 for the mask picture!

Sorry about the short chapter, but I'm busy writing the side-story that will tell of Lyra and her new human friend. Should be out tomorrow or Tuesday.