• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 5,371 Views, 78 Comments

The Grey In Between - EquinoxLiege



My weapon in my hand I will find out why she betrayed me. And give her what she is owed. Wow Lulu was right, one thousand years of banishment do make you dramatic!

  • ...
11
 78
 5,371

For Honor!

Revan

I'm running as fast as I can, thank goodness for force powers.

I stop when I realize that I have no idea where the royal suites are in this castle.

Whoops.

I find myself in some random part of the castle, and I slump against a wall. Running around without an idea where I am won't get me to Mi Amore faster. Celly called her 'Cadence', a nickname from Cadenza I'm assuming. My hand rustles through my bag, and my hand clasps the small amulet. The final gift from an old friend, putting it on will turn me into a unicorn. I slip it on and try to get used to the feeling of being a unicorn again. I still have the royal guard armor on, but it's probably outdated by now, so I take it off. Now I just look like a normal unicorn, except for my weird cutie mark, and I'm Lulu's size, and weirdly enough a white coat and black mane isn't a normal combination. Ok so I don't look that normal. But at least I'm a pony now, mostly.

Moving on!

I'm sitting here trying to think about how I can find out where Mi Amore is when some random guy pokes me,

"Hello? Sir? You look lost, can I help you?" I look up, it's just a guard.

A guard with modern royal guard armor.

"Yes, yes you can help me."


I stuffed him in a closet, he'll be fine. The best part of this armor is that it makes you look like the rest of the guard. Even with size, so I slip it on and walk like I know what I'm doing.

When I pass another guard I stop him, "Where is Princess Cadenza? I have a message for her."

He points to a tower on the side of the castle, "In the royal suites."

"Thank you." He walks away without a second thought. Man security is bad, I'll have to work on that.

I slowly make my way to the tower. When I get there their aren't even any guards at the doors. Geez did Celly decide that security was for wimps? I push the door open and sigh at the long row of doors that await me. I'm to lazy I don't have the time to look in every room in the hall, so I cast a small but useful spell Starswirl taught me. It gives me heightened hearing, if used with lots of people around it's annoying. But with a small number of people it makes it easier to find or listen in. I hear a small conversation going near the end of the hall so I make my way down. When I find the door I stop to listen in.

The first voice I hear is a stallion, whom I might have to kill later, "Cadence you know it's too dangerous. Discord has been dealt with, but we're too short on guards right now for you to leave the castle."

"All I need is you Shiny, your worth 10 guards." My heart stops, It's my little girl.

Who seems a little too fond of that stallion...

"But I heard Twilight is in the castle, I want to tell her about our engagement..."

WHAT

I blew the door up, "NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

'Shiny' immediately threw a shield up to protect Mi Amore, I'll give him that.

"Who are you? And how do you have royal guard armor?"

I cackle, which is probably not good, "I'm here to challenge you to a duel for Mi Amore!"

He laughs, "Bring it on!"

Mi Amore speaks, "Mi Amore...?! Shiny, wait!"

But we've already teleported away.


We appear in what I assumed to be the royal guard training grounds. There are guards all around, they all turn to us.

'Shiny' addresses them, "Boys I've got a duel, but don't worry. I've got this moron."

The guards laugh and form a circle around us to watch, by their smiles they think he does have this. One runs off though.

I think this will be fun.

"I'd ask you take off that armor, I don't want to destroy perfectly good armor." 'Shiny' is really full of himself.

I laugh, "As a solider, I can respect that."

He's about to respond when I take off the armor, and his jaw drops. As do all of the guards. A few stare at my cutie mark, I guess twin crossed blue lightsabers with a black swirl isn't normal. I look at them, "Rude." They blush and look away.

For dramatic effect I summon my armor, and fell awesome. I mean this stuff looks awesome, I came to Equestria in it and when I transform it transforms with me. It's got red and copper body armor and black robes. The robes have a cape that covers all of my back and sides, and it's awesome. It's got a hood, but I don't use it. I have to stop my self from going 'YEEEEEEE' every time I see it. I summon my light sabers for extra effect. I don't turn them on, not yet.

'Shiny' doesn't look to full of himself now. Nor does he feel confident. He covers with a snort and summons his own armor. Convincing, if I couldn't feel his emotions. We take battle stances, he laughs at mine.

"That's one weird version of the general stance."

I laugh, "Weird version? Yours is the weird one."

We start to circle each, "I learned this from masters who studied it for years."

I lunged, "I created it."

That surprises him long enough that I get under his guard, I'm about turn my light saber on when,

"STOP!"


Cadence

The two flash away just as I yell, this is bad.

Because if that's who I think it was...

Shining Armour is good but daddy will kill him.

Fast

If only I had stopped them faster. But now I need to get to the training ground. That's where Shining would go. I start running, I'm nearing the throne room when I run into my aunts and Twilight and the girls.

"Cadence!"

"Aunt Celestia what is doing on!?"

Auntie Luna pops in, "No time for that, we can't let Revan kill the captain!"

Twilight is hysterical, "Why does he want to kill my brother?!"

"YOUR BROTHER?!"

"Twilight did you forget to tell your friends you had a brother?!"

"Maybe..."

"Twilight!"

Auntie Luna pops in again, "Not important right now!"

Auntie Celestia nods, "Let's go!"

We teleported to the grounds.


Daddy's saber is about to hurt Shining.

I won't let people I love hurt each, "STOP!"

Daddy bounces back and puts his sabers away. Then turns, runs to me, and wraps me in a hug.

"My baby girl, look how you've grown Mi Amore."

I hug him as hard as I can, "Daddy is that really you?"

"Daddy?!" Sorry Shiny I'll explain later.

"It's me, my little angel." He laughs, "I can't really call you that anymore can I? Your an alicorn now."

"You can call me whatever you want."

And I cry in the arms of the father I thought long dead.

Author's Note:

I loved writing this chapter, which is why it's out two days after the last one.

Typos are my greatest enemy.

Btw Revan's theme is this awesome song.