• Published 26th Jun 2016
  • 3,653 Views, 1,727 Comments

Shellstrings - shortskirtsandexplosions



After freakish happenstance turns Lyra Heartstrings and Queen Chrysalis into a symbiotic being, they find themselves putting their superpowers to heroic use in an ever-changing Equestria.

  • ...
42
 1,727
 3,653

PreviousChapters Next
The Table

Blue Crescent – Upper Facility

Schwissh!

A door slid open to a dimly-lit chamber.

Betsy entered with Garnet and Bon Bon following. Sharp Quill, Haze, and Horizons were already standing inside. Upon spotting the chief, Bon Bon opened her muzzle. But she soon saw the unicorn's sharp glare and said nothing.

"Good. We're all here," Horizons droned. Her body posture was rigid, tense. "Then let's go inside. They're waiting for us."

"Who is?" Garnet asked.

Horizons took a breath. "Everypony." She gestured to a pony standing in the corner.

Bon Bon craned her neck, looking. That's when she saw the familiar sight of Professor Ball Bearings. Upon being signaled by Horizons, the slight-disheveled stallion nodded, reached into his labcoat, and produced a keycard. He swung it through a receiver—and a hidden door slid open to their side.

The agents found themselves staring down the steps leading into a spacious, rectangular room overlooking the cavern of Blue Crescent. A long, elliptical table stretched—lit with soft blue light from underneath. Towards the far end, a small group of richly-dressed equines sat. No less than eight guards stood within breathing range of the table, facing all in the same direction.

As Bon Bon and the rest of the group descended the stairs, she squinted at the faces of those seated at the table. Everypony looked back, straight-faced and deadpan, at least for the most part. She was almost certain she recognized one of the ponies. Maybe two of them.

Before her mind could jump through too many loops, the familiar pale figure of Princess Plasma stood up, bowing slightly towards the arriving agents.

"Greetings, members of the League," the Princess said. She nodded at the scientist. "Professor Ball Bearings." She looked at Horizons. "Thank you for assembling. I can safely assume—then—that those who are present have committed themselves to the cause?"

Bon Bon sensed several of her companions nodding in her peripheral.

"You can count me in," Sharp Quill said.

"I'm interested to see where this goes," Haze added.

"What the Hell," Besty burped. "Beats making jelly at home."

Chief Agent Horizons cleared her throat—though it mattered little.

Princess Plasma paced around the table while Bon Bon and her partners sat down. "It is time that you met the ponies responsible for keeping Blue Nova Industries afloat," she said. "Especially in this new juncture that sees to the prosperous renaissance of the Secret Monster Intelligence League of Equestria. Together, we shall take the project here at Blue Crescent to new heights, ensuring safety and justice for all Equestrians."

Bon Bon studied the bodies at the table. She spotted two earth ponies, a unicorn, a eucorn, a horse, and a griffon.

"Allow me to introduce you," Princess Plasma said. "You—of course—know me: Princess Plasma of Trottingham." She brushed past a slick-haired stallion. "This is Filthy Rich of Ponyville, owner of multiple commercial industries within Central Equestria."

The stallion nodded. "How do you do."

"This is Fancy Pants of Canterlot, and a recent addition to the Council's House of Advisors." Holding her breath in, Princess Plasma briskly trotted past the pink-mane'd eucorn at the stallion's side, avoiding eye contact. "And here we have Jasper Jasmine from Manehattan, owner of Jasmine Enterprises."

"A pleasure, my friends."

Plasma passed a dark-haired mare. "The most esteemed Duchess Sonata Melody, heir to the Melody fortune in Coltnecticut."

"Much oblidged."

Plasma ended at the griffon. "And Oscar Ospreys, representing the investors of Griffonstone."

His beak clattered, but the financier said nothing.

Princess Plasma at last found a seat alongside her partners. "Now that we're all assembled, it is time we drew a vote."

"A vote?" Garnet asked.

Plasma nodded. "On whether or not we decide to induct the most important new member of all to this table... a pony who can single-hoofedly turn the tide in making the League become public." Her brow furrowed. "I speak—of course—of Her Majesty, the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle."

PreviousChapters Next