• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 2,953 Views, 271 Comments

Discord's Family Reunion - Mister E



Celestia's plan to reform Discord had worked beyond her expectations. But as he and his new pony bride start to settle down to a life of friendship and kindness, a letter arrives from a family member, sending the Chaos Lord into a panic.

  • ...
20
 271
 2,953

Part 33

Part 33
Endings and Beginnings


The now fully reintegrated mind of Cordial turns and focuses it’s gaze on Twilight Sparkle, as she watches the elemental form of Sorcery make it’s escape.

“Was he telling the truth?” Cordial asks, his eyes wide and searching.

“He’s getting away!” She says, pointing a hoof at he the ceiling of the cavern.

“Answer me!” he shouts, causing the entire mental realm to shake violently.

Twilight looks frantically from Cordial to the ceiling and back again. “Yes.” She says finally. “I didn’t tell you before because if Sorcery found out he could have found some way to use that knowledge against you. Yes, she’s alive and safe, but that wont last if we don’t get out of here and stop Sorcery.”

“Fine.” Cordial says, he angry gaze transfixing her, “but when this is over you and I need to have a talk,” he says before his image vanishes.

“Every pony gather in close,” Twilight says. As soon as the other five have gathered to her, her horn flairs bright. And as magics unused for decades begin to swirl about them she allows her self a small smile. “Still got it,” She thinks to herself, as the six friends are teleported back to the real world.

Outside, while Chaos had not been Reigning exactly, it had definitely made it’s presence known. Sorcery in his crystalline form had drifted out of the still comatose Discord, and attempted to make his escape, only to impact into the shield Harmony had erected.

“Foolish child, you think to stop ME?!?” Sorcery roars. “You are not Zacherle, you are not Muenchinger. You only delay the inevitable.” Sorcery floats back from the edge of the barrier and begins to hurl bolts of pure chaos against it.

“This... is... bad.” Harmony says, as she strains to hold the barrier in place.

Suddenly Twilight and her friends appear. She looks up at Sorcery still restrained for the moment and thinks quickly.

“Cheshire, cease bombardment. Return to the Doctor, tell him plan A, has failed, we are attempting temporary containment.” Twilight says to her small robotic feline.

“By your command mistress. Activating ‘Mote of Harmony’, engaging temporal drive.” And with that the sleek silver robot vanishes into the time stream.

Twilight turns to address the gathered crowd. “Listen every pony, we succeeded in driving Sorcery out of Discord, but we failed to destroy him. We all need to work together to keep him from escaping. Please every pony that can do magic, focus your power to strengthen Harmony’s shield. Every pony else link hooves and place them on Harmony and let her channel your strength into her. We have to keep Sorcery contained as long as possible. Harmony you can reduce the size of your containment shield to exclude Discord. He’ll be okay as soon as the effects of Cheshire’s beam wears off.”
Harmony gives a small nod of acknowledgment as her shield bubble contracts to only slightly larger than the form of the chaos elemental.

“Twilight Sparkle,” the voice of Sorcery says, emanating from the red crystalline form. “As I told you before, you came close, but you WILL lose. Surely you already realize that even combined, you don’t have a chance of destroying me now. All you are doing is delaying your inevitable demise by a few more minutes. Well, I should say THIER inevitable demise. YOU I think I shall keep. You have proven to be a resourceful and intelligent being. Yes, yes indeed. I think you will make a nice pet. It will be interesting to see you plot and scheme as you are forced to watch me destroy this world and everything in it that you hold so dear. And when your spirit eventually breaks, I shall drink your tears, as aged wine.”

“NOT going to happen.” Twilight says, every pony, let’s light it up!”

Power nearly immeasurable begins to flow into the crystalline alicorn known as Harmony. Cadence, Luna, and Celestia channel all of their own alicorn magics, every unicorn present begin to channel all of their power as well. The rest all link hands with Zecora and she places her free hoof onto Harmony’s shoulder as they channel all of their energies into her as well. Meanwhile Twilight and her friends have brought for the elements of Harmony from inside themselves once again, and a brilliant rainbow shines forth from the still forms of the six to join and combine with the power of her friends that all focus on Harmony herself.
Harmony raise her head. Her crystalline form radiant with power. The shield, which had only moments before been close to breaking, is now reformed. A fierce determination could be seen on her face as she continues to channel nearly godlike power into her horn.

“Very impressive.” Sorcery says in a calm clear voice. But just how long can you keep this up? Hours? Days? certainly not months or years. Certainly not forever. No, you will tire, I will be set free, and this world will eventually all be mine. But to be honest. I find myself somewhat impatient after all this time. No, I don’t think I shall wait another day to begin my conquest. Twilight Sparkle, you are a very bright little pony. Do you remember from your viewing of Discord’s globe how powerful I was? I was a match for the five other remaining chaos elementals. And do you remember all of that chaotic ash Cordial spent so very long cleaning up? Now where do you suppose all that power went? And while you are at it, think back to where and when his body reformed. Remember the maelstrom? All that free chaos floating about? Oh Twilight, let me save you some time and calculations.” And suddenly the form of Sorcery begins to glow. The shield containing him begins to push outward as cracks start to appear over it’s surface.

“I’m... losing... it.” Harmony says, her head bowed once again as she strains to keep the shield from breaking.

“Every pony, please give it everything you have.” Twilight pleads desperately. All of the beings assembled redouble their efforts, and the cracks in the shield begin to diminish.

“By the gods, this IS fun.” Sorcery says. “Dangle a little hope, then snatch it away. It’s like playing with a cat. But all things must come to an end. And for you, that time is now.” And Sorcery begins to glow again, the pressure on the shield increasing. Jagged cracks appear, and suddenly the shield shatters. “In moments, it will all be over.” Sorcery says, gloating down at the exhausted ponies before him.

“YE GOT THAT RIGHT!” A voice shouts from behind him.

Sorcery turns to see the figure of Summergale and a pony he has never beheld fully before emerge from an upright blue box. The strange pony wears a long brown coat festooned with a rainbow scarf, a dark fedora and is holding a small metal wand of some kind. Wordlessly he unscrews a piece from the bottom of it, extending it to Summergale, as she takes it in her hoof, he can see it is still attached to the wand by a thin cable.

“So, Twilight spoke the truth, you ARE still alive.” Sorcery says in surprised amusement.

“AYE, FIT AN WHOLE NO THANKS TO YOU. AN I BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME TA TELL YA JUST ONE THING.”

“And that is?” Sorcery asks in contempt.

“Summergale raises the end of the device to her lips, and yells as loud as she can, “I WIN!!!”

The light on the end of the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver goes from green to red as he points it at the crystalline form of Sorcery. He turns on the device and is slammed back into the door of the Tardis as the power of Summergale's voice, amplified ten thousandfold by the Doctor’s device, is unleashed at the chaos elemental.

The form of Sorcery begins to distort as the sonic waves impact his body. “What... is happening? What have you DONE!” he roars as his form vibrates in resonance with the Doctor’s device. The Doctor changes a setting on his sonic screwdriver and the pitch and frequency of the sound waves are changed.

“No. NOOO!” Sorcery cries, as his body distorts further. Suddenly it vanishes from reality.

“Now THAT’S what I call SONIC!” The Doctor says with a wide toothy grin.

“Is it over?” An exhausted Twilight asks, as her and her friends approach the Tardis.

“Yes, my dear. Finally after all this time, it really is.” The Doctor says running his hands through her mane.

“What the heck just happened? Applejack asks. “Who in Equestria is this pony, and how is Summergale still alive?!?”

“Oh a feisty one this one is.” Summergale replies. “Is this me new daughter in law?” Summergale asks turning toward Twilight.

“Not, hardly.” Applejack replies. “That would be her,” she says pointing a hoof over her shoulder toward Fluttershy, who is helping a groggy Discord to his feet.

“Ooh, a great beauty she is. Looks like my son has done well for himself. Not bad considering he looks like a painting made while the painter was on a drinkin binge.” Summergale says, eying Fluttershy thoughtfully.

“Bwahahaa.” Rainbow Dash laughs out loud. “Oh I can tell, you and I are going to be GREAT friends.

“Twilight, ya still ain’t answered my questions. Applejack says, as Fluttershy and an unsteady Discord make their way toward them.

Well, to start with,” Twilight says. This is the Doctor. He’s a time traveler.”

“Nice to finally meet you all in person. Jelly pony?” he says proffering a bag of sweets, which Pinkie pie eagerly accepts a sample from.

“Wow, these are great!” Pinkie says smiling contently.

“As to what happened to Sorcery,” He begins. “I used the power of Summergale’s voice and amplified it with my sonic screwdriver. Then once Sorcery’s crystal form was resonating with it, I changed the vibrational frequency of it, and by extension him, and phased him out of this space/time reality entirely.”

“Wait, so he’s still out there somewhere, in some other time and place? You just sent him to reign havoc down on another realty?” Harmony asks.

“It’s all relative my dear.” The Doctor replies with a smile. “ideally we wanted to unmake him, which would have return his essence back to Zacherle and Muenchinger. But since that plan failed, we did the next best thing, we sent him back to the world they originally came from. His amount of chaos won’t even be noticed in THAT world. But just to be sure,” The Doctor pulls a pad from the pocket of his coat, and checks the data. “Ah, here we go, July 1st 2012, Meadowlands Expo Center, in a place called Seacaucus, New Jersey. It seemed he was able to start a small electrical fire that was quickly taken care of, and mocked loudly by that reality’s version of Discord. Seems fitting.” The Doctor says with another toothy smile.

Twilight lifts her wings, and hugs him tightly, “I’ve really missed that smile.” she says.

“Oh, looks like somepony’s got her magic back.” The Doctor says, ruffling her mane.

“Did you KNOW that would happen?” She asks, poking him in the chest with a hoof.

“I’ll never tell,” he says kissing her horn lightly.

“You two seem awfully chummy for just traveling companions.” Rainbow Dash says accusingly.

“Well,” Twilight begins shyly. “I’m not so much a traveling companion, as I am a partner... See, he’s kinda.. sorta... my husband.

“WHAT!” the collective shout goes up from eleven voices all at once. Suddenly a young filly bolts from out of the Tardis, nearly knocking Twilight over.

“Mommie!” the young alicorn says, clinging to Twilight. “You did it! You saved the whole future! I just got done checking. And you got your magic back!” she says excitedly holding Twilight in a tight hug.

“Did... did she just call you... mommie?” Rainbow Dash asks, he eye twitching.

Twilight turns to face all those assembled. “Every pony, I’d like you all to meet my daughter, this is Paradox Sparkle.”

“WHAT!!!” the cry goes up in unison again from eleven voices in shock.

“Now I know this is a bit sudden, but-” Twilight begins, but is cut off as a roaring sound occurs and next to them another Tardis appears.

Time Turner emerges with Derpy and Vinyl Scratch, the latter pushing her enormous bass cannon.

Twilight looks up at the Doctor. “Backup, backup plan.” He says, smiling down at her. Twilight merely rolls her eyes. Suddenly, the grinding sound starts again, as another Tardis appears on the other side of the Doctor’s.

From it emerge a pony with a close cropped mane in a black leather jacket, with a vaguely familiar alicorn, and a young white earth pony with a mane similar in color to Vinyl’s sporting delta-v shades. “Backup, backup, backup plan,” Time Turner says from the other Tardis.

“Okay, now you are just showing off,” Derpy says from beside him.

The young pony makes his way out of the Tardis, two sleek silvery orbs follow him, one above each shoulder. “Whoa, ancient Ponyville! He looks over and catches sight of Vinyl Scratch. He raises his shades and looks at her in shock. “Callibraic!” He says, trotting over to her. “Wow, younger mom, you totally scan well. And scan this retro bass cannon. Metallic!” he says happily.

“Alright, Double Bass, ex-neigh, about the uture-frey” the pony in the leather jacket says.

“Wait, what?” Vinyl says in shock. “Mom? What did he mean, ‘Mom’, I’m a-”

“Sorry hot version of mom, ‘spoilers’, but at least tell other mom I said hello. Oh, and since like babies can’t talk, let me clue you two in. No creamed spinach! That stuff is straight nasty.

“Alright, just for that, back in you go, and quit trying to alter history!” The pony in leather says, as he ushers the young pony back into the Tardis.

The alicorn that traveled with him takes a moment to look at all those assembled. Twilight eyes light up as she realizes where she has seen her before.

“Charity?” she asks in awe. Upon hearing this all present fall to their knees, except for the three Doctors.

“Yes Twilight, it’s me.” She says smiling. “And before you ask, no, I’m not from the past. I didn’t die back then, we alicorn’s are immortal. I should know, I was the first. It was merely time for me to pass the baton onto the younger generation, just as someday you two will do the same,” she says smiling at Luna and Celestia. “Now please rise up, there should never need to be bowing before others, especially family. And after all, we are all family, here. Why don’t the rest of you come out now, I think the time for secrets is well past.”
After a moment Tardis doors all open, and the others who had remained hidden up until now emerge. Keil who Harmony had restored emerges from Twilight’s Doctor’s Tardis. Justice emerges from Charity’s.

They all look toward Time Turners, but no one has come forth. “I think,” he says somewhat sheepishly, “that my passengers, wish to remain anonymous for now.”

“As they will.” Charity says. “Now I’m sure you all have questions, I’ll address the most obvious, if I may?” She says, turning toward the three Doctors, who nod to her in unison.
“As you all know,” Charity begins, addressing all those present, “The Doctor had tasked himself with trying to undo the damage that Zacherle and Muenchinger set into motion at the dawn of time. This task has consumed much of his time, throughout many of his lives. Without going into too much detail, he arrived at a solution. It was a one in infinity shot, everything had to happen a certain way, at a certain time for the desired outcome to occur. I HAD to step down from the throne and fake my own death. Justice HAD to disappear when he did. Summergale HAD to go to the island. Cordial HAD to become Discord. You six HAD to become friends and acquire the elements of Harmony.” She says indicating Twilight and her friends. “But there were other things that didn’t have to happen. Summergale didn’t HAVE to actually die, just seem like it. So Twilight and the Doctor were able to slice time and save her the instant of the explosion. Twilight didn’t HAVE to fall in love, but these things just sort of happen.” She says looking into the eyes of her husband and smiling, as Twilight looked up into the eyes of hers, warmly.
Derpy and Time Turner looked at each other briefly, before quickly looking away, a blush spreading noticeably upon both of their cheeks. Twilight caught Charity’s eye and raised a questioning eyebrow. Charity broadens her smile and nods ‘yes’ in return.

“So wait a minute,” Rainbow Dash says, looking back and forth between Twilight and Charity. “You’re telling me, that all three of these ponies are the Doctor... the same guy?” Charity and Twilight both nod yes. “But... you are BOTH married to him?!?”

“Well, ‘both’ at the moment,” Charity says with an amused expression, glancing over at an uncomfortable Time Turner and Derpy.

“It’s a little... complicated,” Twilight says. “They aren’t really the same pony... well, they sort of are, but... let’s just leave it at complicated.”

Twilight,” Fluttershy says from between Discord, Harmony, and Summergale, who had been having a tearful reunion with Justice. “What I want to know is, how could you get married without telling us? Didn’t you want us there? Why were we left out?” She says in a hurt tone, her expression mirroring that of her other friends.

“But you ARE invited Fluttershy!” Twilight says, tears brimming in her eyes. All of you, everyone here is invited.”

Please explain sugar cube, my head is getting a little sore, from trying ta keep up.”

“Well, The Doctor travels in time. And well, we decided a long time ago, that we wanted our wedding to be on a special day. The day that Sorcery was finally defeated. When we were all finally safe. So, with your permission, we’d like to have it today.” She looks over at the Doctor, who checks one of his many watches, and mouths, a number. “In about ten minutes.” Twilight finishes.

“WHAT!” emerges yet again from most of those assembled. But this time it’s Discord who rises to the challenge.

“Oh I think I understand what is going on... finally.” He says looking down at all those assembled. “And I must say Twilight, it’s so wonderfully chaotic. You’ll definitely be getting a suitably impressive wedding gift from me. All right every pony, it’s simple enough. In about nine minutes Twilight from the past is going to show up here to be married. I think in that time we need to be suitably prepared.” He says snapping his claws. The breakfast buffet vanishes to be replaced by a beautiful and elegant wedding archway, surrounded by columns. “Future Twilight, front and center.”

“Actually it’s ‘present’ Twilight.” She says walking up.

“Don’t confuse me anymore than your little robo-kitty already has.” Discord says chidingly.

“Sorry about that.” Twilight says rubbing the back of her head.

“Forgiven, forgotten, and filed away.” Discord says absently. “But quickly, I need two things from you, and you know what they are because you already went through this in your past.”

‘Right,’ Twilight says. “Here’s the gift registry list.” She says, flourishing a long and detailed list of possible goodies for her and her husband to be/has been/will be. Discord looks it over and snaps his claws. “All right every pony, quickly pick out a gift for our soon to arrive, happy couple,” Discord says holding up copies of the list that fly out to every being present. “Don’t worry about cost or other such nonsense, this in on me.” he says waving a claw dismissively. Twilight’s friends began scanning their lists eagerly, caught up in the building excitement. “Alright Twilight, the next thing is wedding theme. Better make it quick, we are down to five minutes.” Twilight quickly fires off ideas and instructions, and Discord obligingly alters reality with his magic, with two minutes to spare, all the guests are attired, and the garden of Discord’s castle had been transformed into a fairytale wonderland.

“Thank you! Thank you so much for this Discord!” Twilight says, tears brimming in her eyes.

“Oh please Twilight, after what you and your friends have done for me, this is the very least I can do.” he says, as his mother and sister all hug him tightly while his father claps him on the shoulder in approval.

Twilight runs to the door of the Tardis. “All right everyone, I’ll be back for the reception. Save me a piece of cake. Oh, and DON’T tell my past self ANYTHING about what is going to happen to her. Otherwise it might not happen.”

‘But if it didn’t happen, then how could we all be here to-” Spike begins,

“DON’T ASK!” Three Doctor’s say all at once.

“Okay, okay, fine,” Spike says, settling into his chair and fidgeting with his bow tie.

“Taken care of Twilight,” Discord says with a snap of his claw. A brief sparkle of magic occurs around everyone’s mouth. “No one here will have any accidental slip of the tongues. Now scoot before you show up.” Discord says with a smile.

Twilight closes the door, and the Tardis they were in quickly disappears. Seconds later the Tardis reappears in the exact same spot. The doors open, and a hesitant Twilight Sparkle emerges, followed by her parents, who seem oddly calm about their mode of transportation. And then the now familiar face of her Doctor. Instead of the trench coat and fedora, he now sports and extremely elegant tuxedo, with a black silk top hat. Twilight takes a few steps out of the Tardis, and looks around in wonder at all those assembled.

“Justice, Summergale, Keil, Harmony? And... Charity?” But how? How is this possible?” She asks, looking at all of her friends, each wearing a beautiful dress or suit.

Discord, in his full blue suit and top hat, casually removes his monocle, and addresses the confused but delighted alicorn. “Tut, tut, princess. I’m sure you have been traveling with your friend long enough to realize that we can’t give you any information about your OWN future.” Discord says chidingly.

“Well, yes, but-” Twilight begins, but Discord puts a claw on her lips, and silences her.

“Now, now. All you need to know for today, is that this is sometime in your future, and all of us are her to celebrate your wedding day. Anything else you will figure out in the fullness of time. Good enough?” he asks.

Twilight looks into all the smiling faces of all those gathered around her. “Yes, it’s absolutely wonderful! she says. Discord gestures with his claw, and Now Twilight is adorned in a beautiful wedding gown. “This is...my mothers gown!” Twilight says, tears forming in her eyes.

“Well I thought it would be appropriate.” Discord says as Twilight’s mother gives him a hug.

“Thank you so much,” she says.

“Now when did my son become such a gentlepony?” Summergale asks her husband.

“Seems he did some growing up while we were away.” Justice replies.

“Aye, that he did. They both did,” she says looking at Harmony as she and Keil talk with their daughters. “Seems like we are grandparents.” She says absently.

“Now you know how I feel,” Charity says sneaking up behind them, with her Doctor in tow. Justice crushes them in a tight hug.

“Now son, no need to hug so tight. We won’t be going anywhere you can’t reach us ever again.” The Doctor says, hugging him back.

“So um, you are me new mother in law...” Summergale says hesitantly. “It truly be an honor ta meet ye at last, um, yer highness... ma’am.” Summergale says, ans she starts to bow before the first of all alicorn's.

“Oh knock it off!” Charity says, tapping Summergale on the forehead. I knew you seafarers better than you knew us earth ponies, from back before you were born. I used to sneak down to the docks all the time when it was time to sell off the harvest back on the farm. I’ll have no daughter of mine trying to paint me as soft or spoiled.” Charity’s horn goes bright for a moment and two chairs and a table appear before them. “C’mon, right now! Set em up!” She says sitting down, and placing her forearm on the table.

“Ye... ye want ta hoof wrestle with me?” Summergale asks in confusion.

“Well I DID, “Charity replies in mock consternation. “But since you seem to lack any confidence, perhaps I will have better luck with my granddaughter in law. “Hey Fluttershy! Come over here and see if you are more of a challenge than your mother in law eh?” Fluttershy looks their way like a deer caught in the lights of a cart at night.

“Now what just a minute, maw in law...ma’am. Ye just came perilously close ta callin me yella. And no pony calls Captain Summergale yella! Yer on!” She says, slamming her forearm onto the table.

Rainbow Dash alerted to the commotion comes over to watch as the two winged contestants strain mightily against each other. “I got the winner!” she shouts in enthusiasm.

Discord and Harmony, with Keil at their side walk up and join them.

“Who should we be pulling for here?” Harmony asks her brother.

“Beats me sis. I don’t want to get on the bad side of either one of them.” Discord replies.

The two seem deadlocked, until Summergale glaces up at the growing crowd and sees the pony beside Harmony. “Keil!” she shouts, and losing her focus for a moment, Charity slams her hoof to the table.

“YES! She shouts triumphantly. If nothing else, I’m still Queen of the table!”

“Oh we’ll just see about that your highness,” Rainbow Dash says, as she quickly takes Summergale’s place at the table.

Summergale meanwhile had ignored all this. She rose to her feet and approached Keil.

“I knew from that Doctor fella, that you had survived. But it’s good ta see that you are whole and hale with me own eyes. She says, embracing Keil in a crushing hug.

“Ah, well, he almost wasn’t,” Discord says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

“Now none of that me lad.” Summergale says chucking him on the chin. “The Doctor told me all about THAT as well. In the first place, that wasn’t you at the time, it were that worm Sorcery’s doing. And in the second place, that course o’ events had ta occur, in order for what happened after ta happen. Or so I been told anyways. An considerin the source, I can’t help but ta trust it.” She says nodding back toward the three Doctors.

“What she said,” Keil says, throwing a hoof around his best friends shoulder. “I’m just glad we can finally hang out again. I mean dude, I was a statue for like, forever, you can’t imagine what that’s like.” Suddenly Discord and Harmony double over with laughter.
“What?” Keil asks. “What did I say?” he asks again watching the two siblings roll on the ground, tears leaking from their eyes as the struggle in vain to regain control of themselves.

Finally Discord catches his breath long enough to say, “oh, I might know a LITTLE something about it.” he says, trying to stifle a new way of laughter.

“That’s a stone cold fact, brother.” Harmony says, setting them both off again.

Keil looks over at Summergale. “Don’t ask me.” She says.”I’m startin ta wonder if they have some kinda long term chaos/order damage.” She says looking back and forth between the draconicus and the crystal alicorn.

“Whew... I’m okay, I’m okay.” Harmony says, rising to her hooves. “It’s an inside joke mother, that’s all. I’ll tell you all about it. See-”

Suddenly the open bars of the wedding march can be heard across the garden. All heads turn toward the archway, which had been adorn in beautiful spring flowers. Vinyl Scratch and Double Bass, each on either sides of the dais, begin to pump out a wonderfully blended up tempo wedding march, as ponies find their way to their seats. As the last pony sits down, the march changes to it’s more serious form as the groom and the Minister, in this case Zacora, enter form the right. As soon as they have taken their places, the groomsponies begin escorting the bridesmaids down the isle. Shining Armor, Spike, Keil, Justice, and the other two Doctors, escort Cadence, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy down the isle. The boys looking resplendent in their tuxedos, and the girls all in matching lavender gowns, which all sparkle with glittering gemstones. As the others take their places, Spike quickly leaves the group to get ready to perform his second duty. Next the matron of honor enters, Celestia looking radiant, her flowing mane and tail shining gloriously. She is being escorted by the best pony, or in this case, the best draconicus, as Discord keeps pace beside her.
Next the flower pony and ring bearer enter. Luna causing a cascade of violet pedals to rain down upon the walkway, as Spike proudly keeps pace beside her.

As they take their places, Zecora speaks.
“In love and friendship, we abide, now please let us rise, for the coming bride,” she says smiling warmly.

Finally the bride makes her entrance. Twilight Sparkle, looking terribly nervous, is holding the arm of her father Night Light, who is murmuring words of reassurance. As they pass her mother, Twilight Velvet bursts into tears of joy, and is comforted by Charity and Summergale.
Unseen by all assembled, a young alicorn filly winks into existence at the back of the room. Unseen by all, except that is, for Discord. From the stage where he is dutifully standing he surreptitiously places a claw behind his back and snaps it. Then from the potted plant beside where the young alicorn is hiding a flower bud begins to grow. Once it has reached full size, it opens and a voice speaks from over her shoulder.

“My, someone is being rather chaotic,” the voice says.

The young alicorn whirls about to see the head of Discord emerging from the center of a gigantic violet.

“Oh, um hi. I guess you saw me.” She says, a guilty expression on her face.

“Oh don’t be so disappointed.” Discord says in reply. “Inside my domain, nothing comes and goes without my notice. So my young... Paradox, was it?” She nods, smiling. “I suppose you just had to sneak off to she your parents get married.”

“Well... yeah. I mean, it’s one of the most important days in their life. I just HAD to see it for myself.” She says defensively.

“So you took your father’s time machine without permission and flew it back here? Won’t he notice it’s gone?” Discord asks.

“Oh no MR. Discord.” Paradox says earnestly. “I would NEVER do that. Poppa and Momma need that to get around in.”

“But you... don’t?” Discord asks in disbelief.

“Nope, not me Mr. Discord. Watch!” Suddenly Paradox fades from view. A moment later she reappears. Then another, then another, than another. “See, it’s all me, from different points in time.” they all say proudly in unison.

“But how can you all be in the same place at the same time without the universe kerpolding?!?” Discord asks worriedly.

“I dunno Mr. Discord, it’s just something I could always do.” One Paradox says, as the others fade away. “Mom says it’s time magic, and since it’s magic, it avoids the rules.”

“WOW! Just...wow!” You are a really special pony!” Discord says in awe.

Paradox giggles. “That’s what THEY keep saying.” She says pointing a hoof toward Time Turner’s Tardis.

Discord’s eyes follow the path of Paradox’s hoof. The barest flicker of distortion in the air in front of the open doors of the Tardis can be seen. Flower Discord disappears, and a regular Discord silently materializes, leaning against the Tardis door frame. Paradox arrives only a moment behind him.

“Lovely ceremony, don’t you think?” Discord remarks casually.

“Oh yes, very tastefully done,” a masculine voice replies out of thin air.

A moment later a smacking sound occurs. It sounds vaguely reminiscent of one all powerful godlike being smacking ANOTHER all powerful godlike being upside the back of the head.

“OW! What was that... oh.” the masculine voice says, before falling silent.

“You might as well drop it,” Discord says. “I know you are there Zacherle and Muenchinger.” He says facing toward where the voice had been emanating from.

Suddenly the air before Discord ripples, and the forms of the two gods appear before him. With one unexpected addition.

“Stonewall?” Discord says in surprise. “And you’re now an ALICORN as well? Wow. Seems like every pony is turning into an alicorn nowadays.”

“Well,” Zacherle says sheepishly. “I couldn’t just let him die. We barely got to know each other.” She says, wrapping an uncomfortable Stonewall in her embrace. Muenchinger looks back and forth between the Discord beside him, and the one on the dais, Standing next to the nervous couple.

“That’s a pretty good trick,” he remarks.

“Thanks,” Discord replies. “A little something I picked up from Sorcery at the end there. That’s the real me on stage. I’m just an avatar, but he can see and hear anything I can. I get the feeling I can get a lot of use out of this in the future.” Discord remarks.

“No doubt.” Muenchinger replies. “Look I’m sorry we didn’t come out earlier. But we decided that there may be some lingering resentment from some of your friends on how we handled all of this. A lot of ponies went through a lot of hardship before the Doctor made right our mistake.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it so much.” Discord says, as he begins to smile. “After all, you are only... human. Right?”

“Touche,” Zacherle responds. “In any event, we’d like to offer you something for your efforts. Both you and your sister, and your mother as well. After all, it was she who ultimately defeated Sorcery.”

Muenchinger holds forth a small wooden box. As Discord looks on, he lifts the lid to reveal two matching rings. Take one Cordial, and give the other to your sister. “With these you and she can revert to your natural forms any time you want to. We were simple going to return you to normal ourselves. But the Doctor convinced us that being able to revert to your Chaos Lord and Order Mistress forms will be advantageous in your future.”

Discord, takes the rings, and looks at them thoughtfully. “Thank you,” he says sincerely. “This is something I had long given up on. I look forward to surprising my bride very soon.” He says with a grin.

“And as for your mother.” Zacherle says. “I have something that I think will be to her liking.” Zacherle hands Discord several scroll cases. Opening one, Discord removes the rolled up page from inside and examines it.

“A sea chart. But... no, really? After all this time?” He says in wonder.

“Indeed,” Zacherle responds with a smile. “These are all current, and up to date charts, detailing the exact location of the ‘Pony’s Pride’.”

“My mother has been searching for that wreck her whole life. She raised me on tales of it’s sunken treasure. So it really does exist?”

“That’s right Cordial. Before you were born there was an Earth pony unlike any other. The bravest and greatest pirate of them all. He plundered the seas of Equestria, and eventually earned the title of ‘King of the Pirates’. He kept all his amassed loot on a mighty treasure galleon, ‘The Pony’s Pride’. But one day a great storm arose out at sea, and the Pony’s Pride, weighed down with the accumulated treasure of decades, sank to the ocean floor, the location lost to all, save the Pirate King himself. Legend has it that he laughed as all his treasure sank in the waves before him. He hosted a massive party for his crew, and claimed loudly that he felt as if a great burden had been lifted from him that day. He sailed away to parts unknown, but left one last cryptic message for all that might come after. “If you seek my fortune, it is yours for the taking. I left it all, in one place.”

“Wow,” Discord says absently. “That story sounds strangely familiar for some reason. It seems like I saw something remarkably similar to that on my viewing orb once...”

Zacherle looks away in embarrassment. “Oh look, they’re getting to the good part.” She says pointing toward the dais.

Discord and Paradox turn their attention back to the ceremony.

“Now since the two before me have not fled, then with these rings, say ‘I thee wed’.” Zecora instructs the two before them.

The two slip rings over each of the others hooves, and say in unison, “I thee wed!”

“My prayer for you is a long and happy life, so I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife!” Zecora says, closing her book before her. “Oh, and these final words, I bid you abide, Doctor you may now kiss... your bride.”

All those assembled watch as Twilight Sparkle receives her first kiss from her new husband. All except for Paradox, who doesn’t want to see the ‘mushy stuff’. Instead she looks up to the sky to avoid having to see her parents kiss. What she sees makes her eyes go wide.
Her very special eyes take in a sight that no pony else seems to be able to see. In the sky above, ten other Tardis’s float in the air, slightly out of phase with time. Their doors are open, and from the open doors can be seen ten other Doctors, some with companions, some alone. All silently watching the wedding that unfolds before them. As Paradox looks from one to the other she notices something at the edge of her sight. She looks really hard, and can just make out another, far larger ring of Tardis’s farther back in the sky. Some look like her father’s some are totally different. All hang in the sky with their doors open, and all have occupants all looking down at the wedding. “Wow,” she says to herself absently. She turns back to the procession just as the cheer goes up, and the happy couple come running down the isle in a hail of thrown rice. They leap into the Tardis, and before it disappears, the wedding bouquet flies out the door, to be caught in amazed surprise by Derpy Hooves. As her friends shout their encouragement, the Tardis fades from sight.

“Well, I guess I’d better go Mr. Discord. But I’ll be back real soon,” Paradox says, smiling up at him. Discord waves a claw in goodbye as Paradox fades from sight.

“This is our cue as well,” Muenchinger says, as the trio vanishes from before him. A moment later the Discord avatar snaps his claw and returns to nonexistence, as the real one makes his way down from the dais.

Moments later the Tardis returns, and Twilight and the Doctor emerge, with Paradox trotting happily by their side.

“All right, just to be clear, WHEN are YOU from?” Applejack asks the trio.

“Oh Applejack,” Twilight says giggling. “I’m the one that left just before past Twilight arrived for her wedding. I’ve been waiting a really long time for this reception. And so has my daughter.”

“That’s right Miss Applejack ma’am. She’s been telling me about it for years. I hope it lives up to all our expectations,” she says in earnest innocence.

“This is all so very, very, strange,” Rarity comments.

“Aw who cares.” Pinkie Pie says, taking Paradox by the arm. “Stick with me kid, you’re about to experience the greatest party of your life!”

Twilight gives Discord a quick peck on the cheek. “Thanks again for this,” she says smiling warmly, before taking her husband by the arm, and making her way into the crowd.

Fluttershy moves up beside him as he surveys all the chaos, as the largest, craziest, happiest, party in the history of Equestria begins to kick into high gear. “This is nice,” he says, putting his arm around his bride. Improbable, insane, potentially dangerous to both the space/time continuum, and the cosmic balance... but nice.”

“And just think,” Fluttershy adds. “It was only a few years ago you were all alone and turned to stone, now look at them all. All of them are your FAMILY now.”

“You’re right. They are.” Discord says, with wonder in his voice. “You knew my dear, I think we should do this EVERY year. Get all of us together, and celebrate our friendship and family ties. We can make it into a regular family reunion.”

Fluttershy starts to giggle, and soon her giggles turn into gales of laughter.

“What?” Discord says, “what’s so funny?”

“Oh sweetheart,” Fluttershy says, as she pulls him in for a kiss. “THIS family is anything but ‘regular’, she says giggling again.

Discord turns to face the crowd once more. Rainbow Dash has just been thrown to the ground by Charity, who has clearly won their arm wrestling match. Summergale is regaling any pony within the sound of her voice, with an unedited version of the ‘Sailor’s Speech’, causing Luna, Cadence and Velvet Sparkle to blush furiously, while Celestia merely nods occasionally. Twilight is taking turns dancing with all three Doctors. Night Light is watching Pinkie Pie show off her juggling skills by juggling four versions of Paradox at the same time. A very tipsy Rarity has convinced Spike to dance with her, with soon to be disastrous results in the form of a very jealous, and fast approaching Applejack. Derpy is sitting by herself, sipping fruit punch and looking thoughtfully back and forth between Time Turner, and the bouquet she had caught earlier. Vinyl Scratch is having an ‘Epic Rap Battle’ with her as yet, unborn son Double Bass. Octavia has shown up, after presumably being called by Vinyl. She just sits in the background looking back and forth between Vinyl and Double Bass, her eyes wide, and her mouth open in shock. Justice, Keil, and Shining Armor are standing next to the punch bowl with Zecora. Whatever she has just told them has caused them all three to become red faced and spew punch in all directions. The only word Discord could make out was ‘Nantucket’.


“I see your point my dear,” Discord says, looking down at his wife. Sweet Fluttershy. An island of sanity in a sea of chaos. He smiles to himself for a moment before speaking again. “Dear,” he says snapping his claw, causing a familiar looking object to appear on the ground before them. “Want to go play with your hammer?” he asks. Fluttershy’s eyes go wide, as a happy, joyous, smile blossoms upon her face. She reaches forth her hoof to the leather wrapped haft of a large war hammer, engraved with butterflies on either striking face. As she raises it aloft, the ground shakes with the sound of thunder, as lightning snakes down from the sky, transforming Fluttershy into a form only familiar to her closest friends.

“REJOICE EQUESTRIA!!! THE PONY PRINCESS OF HAYSGUARD HAS RETURNED!” Flutterthor shouts, before flying aloft and begins to summon jagged bolts of lightning that arch across the sky in time to the beats of Vinyl and Double Bass.

“Nice voice...” Summergale says, in surprised awe. interrupting her own diatribe. “GOOD ON YA FLUTTERS! SHOW ‘EM WHAT THE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW O’ CAPTAIN SUMMERGALE BE MADE OF!”

Discord summons a cheap aluminum folding chair, and clothes himself in an incredibly tacky Haywiian shirt, complete with a lei made of Venus Flytrap blossoms, and a pair of sunglasses festooned with rhinestones and feathers. He sips an elaborately made drink containing four different types of fruit, three tiny umbrellas, and a sippy straw that looks like an infinity symbol had made love to a gordian knot. He sits back, satisfied merely to bask in the wonderful chaos of friendship. “Ahhh,” he says, letting out a long, contented sigh, “life, is good...”


The End



Discord raises his sunglasses, and cocks an eyebrow, as he causally looks above him at the floating black letters which hang above his head like the sword of Damocles. “Oh please Quix,” he says contemptuously. “We BOTH know it isn’t over. You just want to take a break and work on that silly Steampunk Pony Noir story. You’ll be back soon enough. And honestly... Johnny One Note? You REALLY need to get out more. Why don’t you try getting back on the dating scene? I hear that Shaye is quite the artist. And I KNOW how found you are of... art... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...”

“DIIIIISSSSSSCCCCCOOOOOOOORRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!”

Author's Note:

Author's Notes:
And so end's my first completed novel. First off I want to dedicate this story to Disneyfanatic2364. I consider this my gift to her. It sounds cliche to say that she changed my life, but she did. Ever since I came across her audio drama Bride of Discord, I knew I was a brony, and I knew I had to write again. I had tried many times to write a novel before, but always gave up before completion. Inspiration would give out, and I would just stop trying. But not this time. And there are so many more stories I want to tell. I honestly expected the critics to rip me apart. I was green, new, and had no business writing about something that everyone else had been immersed in for years. But to date, I haven't had one really negative review. And the support from my friends has been awesome. Writing this story has made me really happy. And happiness was something in very short supply in my life before I started.

Thank you all for your favorites, and followings, and likes. It was because of you all that I kept going, and pushed myself to do my best.

Also I want to thank everyone who has liked, followed, and watched my story on the other site I post on.  multiroit1, pyroshark319, Dark Africa, Born-From-Black-Lightning, Paul McKinnon, inuyasha666hiei, a.a.tshappat, Andonexus KotD, Ella Thropp, willowfall77534, Generalhyna, Dr.logic, Darkserpent86, bookbird1104, Aspie, alex the bordercollie, Fire Mega Storm, MakorraCrazyFan7, Rose Spooks, Marethyu123, ponymaster18, JollyRancher.PrettyAnime, TheXGeneral, Dragonlover71491, 9tailedokami16x, kravihunter680, avid-hp-fanfic-reader, kittykat9628, Guan Luar-ke, ChocolateBar2013, animemitress1, gameGIRL14, and Discord Phoenix (who was the first to follow my story on any site).

And a special thanks goes out to Shaye, whose art will soon be adorning my new story 'Sin Whinny'.

As Discord's suggested at the end, it isn't really over. Summergale will soon set sail in search of her treasure, and she'll need a crew a crew of 'six' to be prescise. Twilight and the Doctor have the adventure of parenthood ahead. And what will the gods be up to next? Only time will tell. I hope to see you all then.
Thank you for reading!
Quixotic Enigma