• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 2,953 Views, 271 Comments

Discord's Family Reunion - Mister E



Celestia's plan to reform Discord had worked beyond her expectations. But as he and his new pony bride start to settle down to a life of friendship and kindness, a letter arrives from a family member, sending the Chaos Lord into a panic.

  • ...
20
 271
 2,953

Part 31

Part 31
At War With Oneself

Thor-roughbred once freed, began making his way down the rows of cells freeing the others from their imprisonment. Many of these began to gather their weapons and assist him in his efforts. However several others had made their way over to Twilight’s group to confer. Twilight didn’t need an explanation to understand that these individuals were the planners and the strategists. There was an air about them all, they noticed everything around them and their movements were precise. When they spoke they wasted no time in making their points.

“It seems to me,” Corporal Equestria, the super stallion of universe 714 said, as he leaned against his pastel rainbow striped shield, “that what were are looking at is the same as landing troops on the shore from a navel incursion. We have virtually no cover, and a long trek through a hostile rich environment to reach our objective. I highly recommend some form of air strike to soften them up before our land forces engage them in battle.”

“I concur,” says The Dark Knightmare, ebony clad pony of the shadows, from universe 4111. “Given the lack of cover, a night time assault would be optimal. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if the fragment of memory containing that island even HAS a night time,” he says in a dark and brooding voice.

A figure concealed entirely in malachite colored battle armor, known only as ‘The Chief’ leans forward. “We need some type of artillery support. Do we have many long range weapon specialists, or magic users?” he asks the others.

“I think we need to get a head count once every pony...err everyBODY is freed, so that we can get an idea of what we have to work with.” Twilight suggests to the others.

“Good idea,” Knightmare replies. “It’ll save us time revising strategy if we can list all of our assets to begin with. I suggest that we three begin interviewing the former detainees, while Twilight confers with Ego on what he knows about the layout of the island. I understand he was their only briefly, but any information he can remember will be to our advantage.” The others nod in agreement, and the meeting breaks up.

Twilight makes her way toward were Ego is speaking with the now transformed Fluttershy.

“I prithee canst I beg a boon?” Flutterthor asks a somewhat uncomfortable looking Ego.

“O-of course,” he responds, somewhat put off by the now rather intimidating presence of his once shy and unassuming bride.

“I needs must give over the use of Muleneer to it’s rightful bearer Thor-roughbred. But I would still stride froth into glorious battle alongside the others. Canst thou conjure for me a replacement? Since ti’s all the stuff of dreams to begin with?” Flutterthor asks.

“Well, yes. But I should warn you, I am only a fragment of Cordial’s mind. Anything I conjure won’t be as powerful as it would be if I were complete.” Ego focuses all his concentration, his form begins to flicker for a moment. Then, on the floor between them a new hammer appears. This one however has slight differences. The leather wrapping about the hilt is now a soft pink, as is the thong at the end, and both faces of the hammers ends are engraved with two perfect butterflies.

“Why ti’s e’en better than the original!” Flutterthor exclaims happily, as she crushes Ego to her breastplate in a tight hug.

“Crushing... ribs...” he gasps weakly.

Flutterthor, heedless of his pleas releases him, and takes up her new hammer. “I shall call thee... Mamaragan!” She says, holding it aloft as a new bolt of pink tinged lightning strikes her form. As the glare diminishes, all can see that her vestments are also changed. Her cape is also a soft pink to match the leather on her hammer, and her battle armor has yellow accents, as well as butterfly clasps affixing her cape to her breastplate.

“Flutter.. thor is it?” Twilight asks, as she approaches her transformed friend. “It’s more than just the power of Thor-roughbred, what’s with the accent, and all the...um... alpha mare?”

“Ah Twilight, my best of friends. I liken it to the ‘Royal Canterlot Voice’. Ti’s still me, and yet this mode of speech and behavior seems most natural to me in this guise.” Flutterthor explains. “But rejoice, for now I can aid thee in the coming battle! Much havoc will we raise mong’st the horrid foes that seek to bar our way. T’will be a glorious battle indeed! Now I must crave thy pardon, for a sudden urge cometh upon me. I would seek to uncover a keg or three of ale before we sally forth. S'truth, I dare say I could drink e’en Mustagg the Valiant under the table, such is mine thirst! Ho Thor-roughbred! If thou can’st evade the clutches of fair Rarity for a moment I have summat to ask of thee!” Flutterthor says as she walks toward the stallion god.

Twilight Sparkle turns to face Ego. “So, no other pony in all the ‘nine realms’ whatever they are, could lift his hammer, but Fluttershy is able to?” She asks him with a glare.

“Twilight, she’s my wife. The love of my life. In my mind she is worthy of anything. I can’t help it, that’s just the way my mind sees her.” Ego says defensively.

Twilight let’s out a long sigh, thinking of her husband and daughter. “It’s okay, I do understand what you are saying. But listen, we can’t let her go flying off to fight monsters. The seven of us need to make our way to where your super-ego is hidden so we can use the elements of harmony inside of us to free it.”

“So wait... you are planning to use your entire army... this entire battle... as a distraction?!?” Ego says in shock. “Twilight, that’s very... devious of you.” he says somewhat taken aback.

“I prefer the term clever, or strategically sound.” Twilight replies. “Remember, these heroes and villains, they are all just fragments of memories. They aren’t real. The thing we need to focus on is getting past them, preferably unnoticed.”

“Well that makes sense.” Ego admits. “If we can make sure that all of Sorcery’s army is drawn into the battle, I should be strong enough to conjure a could for us to hide behind, then you, Flutter, um thor, and Rainbow Dash can carry the others all the way to the mountaintop.”

“Good plan.” Twilight admits. “I’ll go round up the others and fill them in, then we can meet with our strategists and get everyone on the same page. I hope Fluttershy has some aspirin in your cottage back home,”she adds with a grin, “because we are about to give you and Sorcery one heck of a headache!”

“It figures,” Ego says morosely, but then he brightens, “but if it gets rid of Sorcery once and for all it will be SO worth it.”

The work of freeing the prisoners has begun to go considerably faster as more and more of the more powerful heroes are released to aid in the effort. It was long before several hundred thousand had begun to congregate most of them around the mane six.

“At last our time has come!” The Riderless Ghost of universe 213 says through the lip less mouth of his flaming pony skull, “vengeance shall be ours!!!”

“All those endless years of waiting, and the battle will be over before you know it,” adds The Crash, Crimson speedster of universe 524.

“Be not in such a hurry to rush off to your Fate,” Professor Destiny says from behind his golden mask, “it will come to you soon enough.”

“You six have brought about this change,” Ponyhawk says, speaking for them all, you led Ego to finally find us again, to remember us where Sorcery had made us all but forgotten. This chance you give us will not be wasted, we will fight for this mind that is our world!” He says raising high his mighty war glaive.

Off to himself, a lone knight, in armor of steel trimmed in gold sits alone. He seems lost in thought, absently fingering the hem of his crimson tabard, the heart upon its center glinting in the torchlight.

Twilight and several others make their way out into the hallway, and to the entrance to the memory of the island of chaos. They cautiously open the door, but the landscape remains the same. Off in the distance the gathering army can be seen milling about.

“Does anyone have a far seer?” Twilight asks.

Wordlessly The Chief hands her a pair of sophisticated binoculars.

“Ohh, that’s a big one.” Twilight says, handing the binoculars over to Ego.

“Aw, applesauce!” He replies. “SHE just HAD to be right up front. That’s Pwnyxia the black dragon. And I can see that’s she’s already spawned hundreds of eggs around her. If you so much as get close to those eggs, the dragons inside will hatch. One or two wouldn’t be a problem, but twenty or so can wipe the whole raid. She breaths fire... lots of fire. And for Zacherle’s sake DON’T try to attack her from behind! she’ll use her tail to knock you halfway across the beach. Someone will have to take her out, there’s no way we can just fly over her, she’ll fly up and burn our forces out of the sky.” Ego begins to look further up the beach past the dragon, he zooms in the binoculars on the next series of threats.

“Venger wielding Blackrazor? That’s not good,” he mutters, “Poison, Dr. Disaster, Crimson Death, Rancor, Bloodscream, The Caustic Queen, Razortooth, Primal, Madame Macabre, Nukeleer, The Toxic Twins... wait a second, Nukeleer? Hey Twilight, come look at this,” Ego says handing the binoculars back to her and pointing further down the beach. “You see that large green clad pony?”

“The one in the armor, with the riveted faceplate?” She asks.

“No, that’s Dr. Disaster. Three beings back, and just to the right of the humanoid lady with the gravity defying... um... outfit.”

“Oh, yeah, I see which one you mean... both of them... and there’s the pony you must be talking about next to her. What about him?”

“That’s Nukeleer. His atomic structure is VERY unstable. If Thor-roughbred, or some pony were to strike him hard enough, the resulting explosion would wipe out half the enemies on that half of the island.” Ego says with a shudder. “That would certainly be distraction enough for us to slip away. But first we have to get past that dragon, and then find someone crazy enough to run straight through those other guys and strike him, knowing that if they do, they have virtually NO chance of survival.”

The silent knight that had been sitting to himself earlier, had quietly made his way up behind them.

“Just find someone to distract the dragon for a few moments. Don’t worry about the eggs or those others. If you can distract the dragon, I’ll take care of the rest.” he says enigmatically.

Ego looks him over. “I know you. I know I know you, but forgive me, I can’t seem to recall your name.”

“Don’t worry, you will soon enough.” The armor clad human says, clapping Ego on the shoulder.

It wasn’t much longer before all the other captives had been freed. A rough strategy had been laid out before them all, and the various beings began to form orderly ranks leading out from the entrance of the door.

Ego begins addressing them concerning Pwnyxia. “OK guys, these eggs have given raids a lot of trouble in the past.”

“Worry not my friends,” Thor-roughbred says confidently. “What I shall do, is to first hurl Muleneer upon the great beast’s head, then while she doth reel about in pain, I'll run in first, and gather up ALL of the eggs. The we canst blast them all down with AOE. If thou doth desire it, I will use mine intimidating shout to scatter them, so we don't have to fight the entire lot at once. We must needs of course, get them down fast, 'for we doth be bringing the army entire. Truly, wouldst we be in trouble, if we fail to take them down quick. So, I think this plan is a worthy one, we should be able to pulleth it off. Twilight, what thinkest thou? Can thy give us the numbers of our odds of success?

Twilight borrows one of Pinkie Pie’s crayons and moves over to the nearby wall. “Uhhh.. yeah, gimme a sec... I'm coming up with thirty-two point three three uh, repeating of course, percentage, of success.

“Excellent odds! Ti's far better than I usually have! Now all that is left is-”

But Thor-roughbred’s words are cut off, as the formerly silent knight shoulders his way to the entrance of the doorway and says, “Alright chums, let's do this... LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!” He shouts as he runs inside, and begins sprinting toward the dragon.

A moment of shocked silence occurs before everyone begins speaking at once.

“By Zacherle! He-he just ran in...” Twilight says incredulously.

“Save him!” Flutterthor says.

“Oh Celestia, stick to the plan!” Twilight shouts.

“Sweet Luna, let's go, let's go!” Rainbow Dash says, impatiently gesturing the others forward.

“Stick to the plan!” Twilight shouts again.

“Oh...oh APPLESAUCE!” Rarity says, trying to make her way forward.

Thor-roughbred! Give him some divine intervention! Hurry up.” Twilight says, pushing the thunder god through the doorway.

“Shouting!” Thor-roughbred announces unnecessarily.

“I can't cast! I can't move, I’m lagging behind girls!” Rarity says from the press of the crowd.

“I can't move either sugar cube,” Applejack says, as she too is pressed against the others who are trying to surge forward.

“I can't AE from back here!” the caster named Macheath yells.

“By the gods,” Twilight says facehoofing herself and shaking her head.

“Is he Soulstoned?” Macheath asks. We do have a Soulstone up, don't we? I think I could use a Soulstone...” He says, as he finally gets a look at the forces arrayed against them.

“I don't think we have a warlock” the Dark Knightmare says, as he shoulders his way past the caster.

Inside the doorway, Leeroy had begun to sprint down the beach toward Pwnyxia. The dragon upon seeing him drew in a deep breath to incinerate the lone paladin. But before she could exhale, she was struck in her massive jaws by the hammer Muleneer. The mighty dragon was staggered as Leeroy, heedless of the eggs that had begun to hatch all around him, continued sprinting past the dragon and further up the beach.

“Have at thee vile worm!” Thor-roughbred cries as his hammer returns to his hoof. “Ill wager that ‘She Deep Breaths no More!’ ” he says, flinging his hammer at her head once more.

Meanwhile Leeroy, with hundreds of whelps in hot pursuit continued to thunder his way up the path. Assorted villains scatted out of his way, none of them waiting to be the first to engage the horde of hungry young dragons chasing closely behind the paladin. It wasn’t long before his goal came within sight. Nukleer, his back turned toward the onrushing Leeroy, had been unsuccessfully trying to chat up The Caustic Queen. Noticing her sudden look of wide eyed terror, he turns just in time to see Leeroy push the puerile poultry known as Fowl Play out of the way, raise his Blackhand Doomsaw and smite Nukeleer across the center of his chest.

The explosion rocked the entirety of Discord’s mindscape.

Outside in the real world Discord let out a long moan. “Dang...it...Leeroy...” he mutters quietly.

Back inside as the glare of the small nuclear explosion clears, a lone paladin can be seen making his way back toward the doorway. All else save for a somewhat singed Thor-roughbred, had been reduced to ashes.

“Pally bubble,” Ego explains to the others, who watch slack jawed as he calmly makes his way out into the hallway.

“That is so broken,” Twilight says as he passes.

He turns his head toward her and waves a large drumstick in her direction, “at least I have chicken,” he says as he walks by.

Author's Note:

Pies in the oven? Check. :pinkiehappy:
Give Fluttershy the power of Thor? Check. :pinkiecrazy:
Prep the duck fro roasting? Check.:twilightsmile:
Have Leeroy Jenkins destroy a mountain of bad guys with a nuclear explosion.Check. :rainbowderp:
Hmm, must be time to make that venison sausage stuffing then... :yay:
Happy Thanksgiving! :heart: