• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 141 Comments

The Kingpin - ocalhoun



Private Investigator Twilight Sparkle takes on the toughest case of her career.

  • ...
4
 141
 1,301

A Useless Needle

Chapter 23 – A Useless Needle

Straining to be as inconspicuous as possible, Twilight eased her way up to the water tower. Even though her ultimate goal was to get captured, she hoped she could be sneaky enough to get a look at what was inside the tower before they found her.

When she reached the ladder, she glanced back across the street. Applejack still stood there behind her apple cart, looking as innocent as a pony could.

Taking a deep breath, Twilight hooked a front hoof over a step of the ladder.

The tower's shrill alarm cut through the morning stillness.

Twilight looked up, but she couldn't see any change from the tower. She hopped off of it, ready to make her escape and find another way in.

Lyra stood right in front of her. “Going somewhere?” There was a bright yellow flash, and before Twilight could do anything about it, she was teleported away.

Unnoticed behind her cart, Applejack pulled a small compass out of her saddlebag and took a look at it. She looked back at the tower with her face scrunched up. The needle still pointed there.