• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 141 Comments

The Kingpin - ocalhoun



Private Investigator Twilight Sparkle takes on the toughest case of her career.

  • ...
4
 141
 1,301

Springing the Trap

Chapter 14 – Springing the Trap

Twilight let the contrast of the warm shower water cascading over her and the cool night air drifting in through the window slowly soothe away the stresses of this frustrating case. She had leads, she had a plan, she had nothing to worry about. This case would crack soon. She knew it.

Outside, the night was peaceful, broken only by the slight sounds of distant crickets and the gentle breeze through the library's leaves. She breathed in a nice lungful of the fragrant, steamy air. Yes, this would be–

A loud chime like a single bell rang out from downstairs.

The spell's alarm! Twilight teleported to her main room, not even turning off the shower. Still dripping wet, she pointed a hoof into the center of the room. “Aha! You've just activated my trap ca–”

“Heh... Sorry, Twilight,” Pinkie mumbled through a mouthful of jelly beans, secure within the spell's bubble. “I got hungry.”

Twilight's hoof drooped down to match her wet mane. “I should leave you in there for a while, to teach you a lesson–” she shook her head “–but you'd probably just eat the rest of the bait.” With a flash of magic, she dispelled the barrier.

Pinkie bounced happily up the stairs, not even having the the decency to slink away.

With a sigh, Twilight worked her magic again. She'd have to recreate the trap spell before she could teleport back to her shower.