• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 141 Comments

The Kingpin - ocalhoun



Private Investigator Twilight Sparkle takes on the toughest case of her career.

  • ...
4
 141
 1,301

A Rug is a Rug

Chapter 11 – A Rug is a Rug

“Is this a clue?” Pinkie held up another plate.

No.”

“What about this?” She held up a coffee cup this time. “Is this a–”

“Pinkie!” Twilight whipped her head around, nearly dislodging her special investigating hat. “None of the dishes, plates, bowls, cups, or silverware are clues, okay?”

Behind her, watching from the entrance of the marble and walnut bedecked kitchen, the butler began tapping his hoof against the stone floor. His glossy black mustache skewed to the side as he sneered.

Pinkie lifted up a toaster, its plug dangling “What about–?”

Twilight screamed, letting her pent-up rage escape. “Pinkie,” she then said with a calm, clear diction, “if you say one more word before we leave this house, I'm taking you off the case. Do you understand?”

Pinkie sighed. “Okay.” Her eyes flashed open wide, and she slapped her hands over her mouth, shrinking down away from Twilight.

“I'll let that one slide.” Twilight returned to her search. “But only that one.”

Pinkie nodded.

“Good.” Shrugging it off and questioning the wisdom of allowing Pinkie to be her partner in the first place, Twilight cracked open another cupboard. Now she could finally complete her search in peace.

Meanwhile, Pinkie took the opportunity to peek under the kitchen rug. Her eyes widened at the sight of a well-hidden trap door, but true to Twilight's ultimatum, she didn't say a single word.