• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 141 Comments

The Kingpin - ocalhoun



Private Investigator Twilight Sparkle takes on the toughest case of her career.

  • ...
4
 141
 1,301

Mud Pie

Chapter 19 – Mud Pie

Twilight lounged between Rarity and Pinkie in the mud bath. Now that the spa ponies had left them to soak, they could finally get down to business. “So, about the Mayor...”

“Oh, I researched her very much in depth, and infiltrated better than anypony else ever could, of course.”

Twilight's eyebrows rose. “And...?”

“She's completely clean.”

What?” Little splatters of mud scattered at Twilight's sudden motion. “But we found her tie in Filthy Rich's bedroom!”

“Oh you silly darling, they're not doing crimes together, they're having an affair. Everypony in Ponyville high society knows, except his wife, the poor dear.”

“Twilight.” Pinkie leaned in close, sloshing through the mud.

“Not now, Pinkie.” Twilight brushed her away.

Twilight!”

Seething, Twilight turned. “What?”

“What if the pony behind all this was among us right now?” Pinkie's eyebrows arched suggestively.

Only the mud prevented Twilight's hoof from impacting her face again. “Tell me you're not about to accuse–”

“What if it's Rarity?” Pinkie leaned in close, whispering, “Why else would she be covering for Mayor Mare?”

“Twilight?” Rarity laid a muddy hoof on Twilight's shoulder. “Should I be offended?”

Yes. Yes you should.” Twilight glared at her assistant. “Pinkie, before we're out of this mud, you are going to apologize.”