• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 141 Comments

The Kingpin - ocalhoun



Private Investigator Twilight Sparkle takes on the toughest case of her career.

  • ...
4
 141
 1,301

A Naked Pony

Chapter 18 – A Naked Pony

“Oh, Fluttershy, so good to see you. I'd have thought you'd be inside the spa already by now. You brought Twilight, though!” Rarity's hooves danced for a moment. “Twilight, dear, I am so delighted you've put that ghastly hat away and decided to join Fluttershy and me for a spa date! I'm sure Aloe and Lotus will be able to put a properly princessly sparkle in your mane!”

Twilight rolled her eyes, staying solidly put at the day spa's entrance. “Actually, I'm here on business.”

Glancing between the two of them, Rarity cringed. “But are you certain it's a good idea to discuss such clandestine matters in front of dear, innocent Fluttershy?”

“Actually,” 'Fluttershy' whispered, holding a hoof up to her mouth, “she won't be able to make it to your weekly spa date this time. She was called away on an urgent mission to help a sick raccoon.”

“But... Fluttershy, that doesn't even make any sense. Your voice may be odd, but you're right in front of–”

Very urgent.” Twilight leaned in.

Very sick,” 'Fluttershy' added.

“But, Fluttershy, you're here, right in front of me! With all the nonsense you're talking, I could almost think I was talking to... oh no.”

'Fluttershy' sidled up close, then unzipped her face for a moment. “Boo!”

Rarity jumped back. “Pinkie! I thought I told you to dispose of that disturbing costume back when we visited the Crystal Empire the first time!”

“And I thought I helped you do it,” Twilight added dryly. “I burned it myself!”

“I had a spare.” Pinkie smiled for a moment before zipping her face back into the disguise.

“Fine. I'll give you my report, but on one condition.” Rarity glared at 'Fluttershy'.

Twilight grinned, already expecting what the condition would be. “Name it.”

“You will accompany me through my spa treatment.”

“What?” Twilight threw her hooves up. “What about Pinkie's costume?”

Rarity smirked. “I already know you'll take care of that.”

“Fine.” Before Pinkie could protest at all, Twilight nodded. With a violet flash, the disguise vanished, leaving Pinkie in her natural state. Twilight grinned wider, wondering what the residents of Tartarus would think of the new arrival.

Twilight!” Pinkie jumped into a nearby bush. “Twilight, I'm naked!”

“Pinkie,” Rarity reminded her, “you're usually naked.”

Still, Pinkie did not emerge from the foliage.

Twilight shook her head. “Fine. How about this?” Two teleportic flashes later, Twilight's investigating hat appeared on her head, and Pinkie's assistant cap appeared in the bush, at Twilight's best guess as to the location of Pinkie's head. “Better?”

“Yep, that's better.” Pinkie hopped out of the bush. Her cap was backwards, but had managed to lodge itself onto Pinkie's head, along with a few leaves and a squirrel. “I can't afford to blow my cover.”

Chattering angrily, the squirrel leapt back into the bush.

Twilight gave Pinkie a sidelong glance. “You realize that everypony can still recognize you, even when you're wearing the hat, right?”

Pinkie stared blankly at some distant horizon only she could see.

Right.” Rarity furrowed her brow, but seemed otherwise uninjured by Pinkie's logic. The direction of her eyes – continuously darting to Pinkie's now-leafy mane – betrayed the true source of her distress. “Shall we discuss things over 'the usual'?”