• Published 6th May 2016
  • 4,170 Views, 66 Comments

The Siren's Remorse - TheronSniper



With the Dazzlings pendants shattered and their bodies fully human, they are left to life's machinations. However, a fellow banished soul might be the key to returning their former selves and taking revenge with a gout of flame.

  • ...
19
 66
 4,170

PreviousChapters Next
Ch. 46 A Surprise Deal

Ch. 46 A Surprise Deal

Outside the High Rise Condo 6 A.M. The Day of Return

Inside Cadence's car parked outside one of the several high rise condominiums, Lemon Zest and Indigo sat awaiting for the next move, it took them a long while to locate the right route to the suspect location of Twilight. Though it was likely due in part to the awaiting terror of what her current state was in, if she would be that flying nightmare who could have done serious harm to the other students. Possessing unnatural powers no human should even have, which what she demonstrated there was no telling if they were still on her good side or if she could even have one. With the Dean leading the search party, the girls had a smudge of confidence and a sense of safety since the woman knew Twilight personally. She'd be the buffer and they'd act as support to bring back the C.P. student from what appeared to be a luxury home in the new tourist area that just opened up not a couple months ago. What she was doing in a place like this was all the cause for more questions and thoughts of others involved with her ascendance.

Lemon sat in the back seat jamming to music primarily to keep her calm and focused, her head did not bob nor sway or any part of her body for that matter. All she could do was recall that moment she was plucked off the ground and moved into the untouchables zone, while it was cool and fun to an extent the meaning of it was not comforting at all. Indigo in the passenger side seat had also remained tight lipped as she wondered why Sparkle even had such powers. Finding peace of mind in how they could destroy any and all competitors using her powers which would be natural and not some booster against rules and regs. Though it was something far out and dangerous, her aggressive nature in sports could not help but fathom endless streaks of victories that Crystal Prep could undertake with such a student. All the trophies and medals, the recognition and valor, the scholarships and grants awarded to the team by their frontliner had appeared for a time as the golden chalice of her infant sports career. Such wonders of course were short lived as she too experienced the demented being that had sprouted from Sparkle after that ball of light. The same one who attacked Sunset Shimmer after she tried some kind of magical mumbo jumbo and failed utterly, and how deeply she paid for it too.

"Well this is it? I guess?" Cadence sighed as they looked at the fifteen story complex crisp and clean looking, rising so high they couldn't even see it very well without craning their necks out the window and pulling their heads as far back as possible.

"So what? We just gonna storm in and ask for Twilight?" Zap asked bluntly as she fiddled with the goggles on her head.

The Dean searched through her purse and extracted her phone to open the search app, which shortly clarified that their target was indeed in that building before them, "Yes and no, Twilight's in a different situation right now and we have to be supportive of her. She's a danger to everyone and only we are close enough to help her. Indigo... I've read your dossier from Cinch's files, your very competitive in the sports field, always striving for a victory and yet you forget your teammates easily. I've even taken the liberty to oversee your leadership and quite frankly... it worries me."

Zap huffed at the sudden insult, "And I've carried everyone in the Shadowbolts to victories! So I get too much into the game?! Not like it hurts anyone." she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away pouting.

"Exactly why I'm mentioning it, you do sacrifice your team as pawns to attain wins, but that is not why I called you to help get Twilight back. I want you to look deep down and see why she spared you from certain harm aside from all that. Look at it and then look at me in the eye and tell me what you believe the reason was, what part of you or what you did caused her to befriend you?" the older woman's gaze shattered the bravado of the sports girl as easy as a hammer through glass, though she maintained a perturbed look about her.

As much as she wanted to brush away the notion, the terror that Twilight became herald a new mindset within herself. Someone who could squash her like a bug and there she was trying to capitalize on her. She did agree to help find and rescue Sparkle, but was she really the right person for the job? Why did she even bother with the ball in her court and not just pass it to someone else?

Indigo jumbled over the few reasons she figured as to why she was chosen to forgo the punishment of the flying girl with powers, but all she could bring up was that moment on the bus. Sure they met one another in the hallways, usually Twilight bumping into her through the crowded hallway in its mingling traffic lanes. She cared little if someone hit her, she was strong and determined so much so that few things bothered her. So it was an easy task to see that the probably reason she was given a second chance at life was how she received the girl when she asked her about the games on the bus. Her words of that she was cool in her book, and that somehow gave a confidence booster or something.

Indigo denied the Dean eye contact, "I asked her about the games coming up and if we were going to win... she complimented me and said I was the best player who'd push us forward. So I basically said she was cool and let her go to her seat. Guess no one really... gave her praise in any way."

Zest had been listening and watching, the volume of her headset low enough to permit outside noise. She watched as the two interacted, and it brought about how she and Twilight likely formed some smidgen of a bond. The Dean looked at her too, asking the same question with the intent to follow through some kind of mental fortifying revelation.

"Lemon? How do you think she chose you to be spared?"

Zest set her headphones around her neck, "We both liked the same kind of music I guess? She used me to keep the pink one at bay when they tried to ask her questions and Zap jumped in to protect her. Not much else I can think of, but few really like what I like so I gave her my headphones for a bit and she gave them back. Not like we're exactly besties or something?"

Cadence looked at the wheel of the car and rubbed her chin with her right hand, "Was she really that much of a recluse that such simple actions she took as a sign of friendship?!"

The two girls recoiled at the mention of such small pleasantries being taken as more than what they were, given a little light into who Twilight was before she had powers of a god. It did not occur to either of them to think of another soul outside their tiny world, but the pause gave them time to consider the events concerning the bookworm. From what their Dean hinted at, it appeared that Sparkle was truly a brainiac as most coined such students. Those with little social experience and she imprinted on the both of them for their lack of abrasive attitude unlike that of Sour and Flare or the acuteness of Sugarcoat. Sure those girls were hard to stand for more than a few hours at a time, but no one really cared or took heed to any seriousness of their banter. Even Indigo could shoulder Sugar's intelligence that spoke out loud when it really should have been an inside voice in her head. Zest of course let her tunes zone her out from the rest, eventually gaining a sort of flag which no one bothered her as what seemed to have happened to Twilight and her studies.

Cadence looked to the two in hopes they'd give some answers, but all she received were shrugs from Zap and a lost perplexed gaze from Zest, to which she sighed, "If I'd known her habits and contact with the rest of the student body was so detrimental to her growth I'd have done more about it. Look... I need you two to see what we are up against and why I need you to be friends to her and I mean genuine!"

Sensing the seriousness both students vigorously nodded, "Good, now that you understand I'm sure I don't need to reiterate the danger she is in and is to the world. We are going to go find her, I will initiate the conversation, and then I want you two to be nice and try to keep her calm. Do whatever you have to do so she doesn't get angry. Once we have her back, I'm taking her to a hospital to be looked at and she will need friends to help. I have to stress this... if we don't then the power you saw that she used against Sunset could easily destroy the town. Indigo? If you want to see this as a competition be my guest, be the best hero you can be and save lives. No one will ever claim that title from you. Zest?!"

The lime haired girl hesitated to put her headphones back on, "Ya?"

"I know you listen to that music as a coping mechanism. I know about your past record and that those only became apart of your person only shortly after you were enrolled into Crystal Prep. You cannot hide that away from me Zest. So I want you to try and see Twilight as you in your first year, your music is her pursuit of knowledge. You and her are so much similar than you think, so use that to bond with her. I'm only asking that much of you." the Dean's eyes were heavy with dogged concern, she knew about Lemon's little secret.

Swallowing out of nervousness, the rocker girl gave a short and quick nod to affirm she'd conform. She'd forgotten that the councilor had jotted down all that she had told her that one time, it made her angry that others knew but at least they were adults who'd never callously expel it to the others. Though Indigo she'd need not worry, that sports girl wouldn't dare bother with such trivial gossip.

"Now... let's head out, follow me and stay near." Cadence ordered as she began to exit the car.

They simply needed to talk to the front desk and show a picture of the girl they were trying to find, using her title and papers as a Dean at C.P. to get the receptionist to talk. It was easy to find the location of Twilight after that, and from there they took the elevator up. The short trip was long and painfully sweat prone from anxiety, as the last the trio remembered was Midnight Sparkle going ham on everyone and Sunset. They wondered each if they still had her pardon or if she would send them out the nearest window since the level they'd head to was the top upper one. A long drop to earth...

Yellow's Condo

The girls had awoken to the clanging noises of breakfast in progress, Dazzle had left to the bathroom first to clean up. Leaving the tired sirens and Sparkle to realize where they were and had been sleeping together. Thankfully, no one else noticed their groaning awakening to their benefit, to which at least Aria would breath a sigh of relief later on in the day.

On the black couch, the easily goaded siren came too as she felt something warm and soft beneath her right cheek with arms locked around what felt like a squishy thing that pulsed. Sonata had acted like an affectionate cat and nuzzled deeply within the crook of Sparkle's neck as she rose from deep sleep. The sun's rays were beaming down onto her back to give a nice warming sensation upon the clothed skin, leading to her to cuddle even deeper into the pleasant sensation of the morning. Snaking her arms around the girls head which unintentionally awoke the human through the movement.

Blaze used her right arm to hoist herself up as she rubbed with the other on her eyes to clear them of the drowsiness. She was never a morning person, a hated act to wake up even if it was eleven in the morning. The heaviness of her own body caused her to flop back down onto whatever cushion she'd slept on previously and it earned a strange noise which came with movement of the pillow.

Twilight stirred abruptly if not painfully as she felt her diaphragm feel sore from a sudden impact, it jarred her awareness like an old man responding to kids messing up his front lawn playing football. Her neck felt sore from sleeping on the armrest of the sofa, but then again she'd never slept on anything but a bed before so it was anticipated after all. Groggily, she opened her eyes and calmly noticed she was embraced by Sonata and her blue flesh, with the purple and teal head of hair of Aria resting on where she was forced to come about. Her brain had yet to snap open as she marveled at the scene before her, nothing of last night even made it past the fog of the morning with the golden rays of the sunrise were piercing like steel spears through the air.

The soft cushions below them made it all too easy to remain as smooth as peanut butter in an untouched jar, allowing Twilight to even smile as she basked in the glow of being appreciated and wanted as well as coughing slightly. Feeling the sleepy Aria curl herself into her, Dusk's head try to nudge itself deeper into the warmth of her body. She'd never experienced such intimate contact before, yet it felt so right down to the letter. It was a piece of perfect life she'd never felt since she was a child in the arms of her brother and her attentive parents, those days they'd wake up together and enjoy breakfast with mom and dad and play all kinds of games like find the theory of relativity in a pile of books first with no titles to go by. Those days her brother would even teach her some of the things he'd learn and quiz her after two hours of brisk studying. Even when her Father came back from his weeks on end stays at the observatory with new data on star clusters and new planets he helped find, more information for her to absorb with public knowledge.

It took the intervening of Dazzle to get the three up to par as Twilight heard the bathroom door swing open, "Alright everyone, today's the day! No lingering on the couch like a pile of newborn hatchlings! Up and at t'em!" the golden matriarch ordered with gusto as she passed by the couch and shook each body rough enough to rile up.

Sonata's arms had worked around Twilight's neck, then squeezed well beyond the ability to breath to the point that soon enough she choked the poor girl with her iron grip. Unintentionally setting about the struggle for life itself and striking fear into her living pillow. The human kicked for air and the desperate movement forced Blaze to move back into sitting a position, to which Twilight accidentally kicked her a few times as her windpipe closed off.

"HEY! Knock it off!" Aria growled, then noticing a blue hue taking on the lavender girl's face, with a huff Aria slapped Sonata on the rear hard enough to wake even the dead, "Wake UP dunderhead you almost killed Sparkle!"

Immediately, the vice grip released which was followed by a loud 'oof' and a dim thud from Dusk falling off the couch as she turned over to sit up from the sting. Adagio had watched the antics and slapped her forehead in embarrassment, "You two never cease to amaze me... now get up and wash up. Bathroom's down the hall first door to the right. Yellow has labeled care bags for us, so shower and brush your teeth... today's the day after all and I want all my Dazzlings clean and fresh for our debut in Equestria." she said as she motioned a shooing gesture to Blaze who just grumbled under her breath and left to be the next one up.

"Wha... wha happened?" Sonata asked still dazed and sleep stricken.

Twilight coughed and gulped down air, her own mind having trouble functioning after such a way to start the day. All her brain knew was that it was suffocating and it demanded oxygen to function. Rolling into the sofa onto her side she went about assessing what just happened and where she was, panic had begun to overcome her and Dazzle sensed it all too easily.

"I can't leave you three alone for ten minutes can I?" she sighed before walking over to the armrest side closest to the human girl.

There she proceeded to gently place her hands upon the purple haired head and sing a short tune much like a mother's lullaby, with her gem barely glowing from the exercise of her magic. It had the desired effect as Sparkle returned to normal and able to breath normally, letting go of her throat and stopping a hand from pounding her chest as a final act to get air in properly. Adagio could see tears of relief come forth, which mean she'd need to have a talk with Dusk about her strength and their fourth member. Unlike Aria or her, Twilight could very well meet an early grave at the rate Sonata was going with her affectionate tendencies. Especially when they returned to Equestria, their siren forms might just crush Twilight by accident and with how clingy Sonata could be it would mean a little work on her end to prevent that.

Speaking of which, the siren in question looked clueless at her leader and then to the back of Twilight who was in the middle of regaining composure, "Look Sonata, you need to be extra careful with Twilight here. The little dear simply is not a real siren and cannot bare our powers like the rest of us. Please try to refrain from crushing her?" her magenta stare kept on the culprit till that flash in the eyes indicated an understanding.

What concluded that moment was a very apologetic Dusk to the girl, an endless torrent of meaningful regret poured forth. Though while they handled themselves, Adagio moved to the kitchen to see who was there and producing the enticing scent of the next morning meal. Striding across the carpet till she met the tile of the dining room with bare feet, and then into the cooking area she beheld the scene of Yellow Tail plating the freshly cooked eggs, bacon, and some kind of pancake all the while with Pandius clinging to his back like a troublesome schoolgirl giddy over something or another. The golden siren cared little for the interactions of the two, coughing into a hand to gain attention.

"Thanks... for letting us sleep here. I'm guessing that's for the others? Or are we included in this?" she asked plainly with a dead panned look of uninterest.

Of course, before her was the rather illustrious Empress hugging the back of the former mage as she spoke sweet nothings, to which she couldn't bother to understand. From what she could recall, her kind were love eaters like how a siren fed on negative emotions. Though whatever game she played to feed herself was not on her radar, so there she stood at the somewhat surprised and placid reaction of the two who froze on the spot upon hearing her speak. The Changeling released Yellow and walked to the other counter to lean into, appearing perturbed at being disturbed by the young matriarch.

"My little gem if I could have given you four my room I would have, but sadly it was converted into something else rather unsafe for you. I do hope you slept well? The food is just about ready and it'll be just us in this space. The others will feed themselves in their own house. Monet and Paradox will be joining in, unfortunately Serak had to take care of something last night so he'll be coming back by the time we leave. Would you mind helping me place the plates?" she noticed how he smiled, sensing jubilation that likely was due to the portal event this day.

Shrugging, "Sure, it is the least we can do. The girls are washing up first so they will be with us momentarily." Adagio walked over and began carrying a few plates in her arms as careful as a mother handled several toddlers, the steaming array of rather pleasant smelling food her human stomach started to crave.

Once she disappeared into the dining room Pandius spoke up, "I'm really going home again..."

"We all are, everyone is just as ecstatic as you to go back." he answered as he delicately grasped several cups of coffee and water by their handles.

"We've all been gone for several ages now, do you think my daughters will remember me? Love me like her sirens do to her?" the royal asked tipping her head to Adagio who carefully placed the plates on the then wooden plank tabletop of the once glass covered surface.

"There was a saying of this world, if there is a solution then there is no need to worry. If there is no solution then worrying is meaningless." Yellow quipped as he walked out of the kitchen, "Just focus on making everything fall into place and paradise will await you."

With ten small coffee cups in his fingers, Yellow went to deposit the drinks at the center of the table for everyone to grab their desired beverage. Knowing not all enjoyed coffee or water with the first moments of the starting day, Pandius allowed him to leave her presence to deliver the liquid vassals. Ever since she was told they had a way back, she had been counting the days to this single point of time when it was truly possible. Beneath her facade of superiority, was a mother worried over her children out in the world of her home universe dealing with all kinds of dangers and threats. How many survived till now was her largest concern, one she intended to immediately inspect once the world of magic was under her hooves. Though her utmost worry was in her youngest daughter Chrysalis, the most forward and aggressive of her brood who'd deface their race with what she was planning. The sooner she was back, the sooner she could punish the rouge queen and set her straight and hopefully return to her the hive she'd grown after a suitable length of punishment.

After the last two cleaned up, as fresh and presentable as possible, the table already had Yellow Tail, Pandius, Paradox, and Monet seated and shooting the breeze over what was to happen soon. Though it became obvious it was a rehearsal, each going over their parts and contingencies if things went south. Adagio had already been seated with them by the time Sonata as the last one arrived to her seat, as usually next to Sparkle though with evident reservations that held her impulsiveness in check. With everyone seated, the eating commenced in a silent air about the group, enough that if a fork was dropped on the floor it would resound like a car horn.

Luckily, the serenity was not to last as Sparkle took to asking other questions she had, she nearly cleared her plate when she spoke up, "Um... Yellow Tail sir? I'd like to clear a few things up with you if that is okay?" adjusting her glasses out of anxiousness.

The man at the far end of the table had just finished taking a sip of his still hot cup of black gold when he nodded to respond. Letting the caffeinated water slide down his throat delicately so as to enjoy the flavor, he awaited the inquisitiveness of the young woman. Paradox still working on his plate, Monet and him had finished without attempting at second servings, and the Empress sat with a cup of water near Yellow contempt with remaining disengaged and seemingly aloof.

"How about we start with the first one, how exactly will the portal be created using the siren's powers?" she somehow created a notepad and pen from her person and eagerly gave her full attention, just in the same way the girls around her had. This was the moment they'd been waiting for, the plan, the juicy guts, the cream filling that provided the sole reason either parties worked together for besides revenge.

"To be precise my little gems, we expect the portal to of course not be opened just for our convenience, we also anticipate some kind of defense on the other side. Rather than being simpletons and jumping straight into Arcana hooves or who knows what kind of defense matrix of void stones could be scattered around the chamber the exit is in. Paradox has been working with me to create a forced entryway using an overcharge spell, it will immediately lock onto any large source of magic and activate the way through a cascade event. He will use what little magic he has to caste the spell, and from there you three will give your entire magic to the vacuum. If my calculations are correct then the sirens will have just a little extra power to spare, so we will have some breathing room if there are complications. Serak informed me about the police presence that might still be there today, so the process may be drawn out. Twilight, here is where I needed you to learn magic..." Yellow gazed at the busied student whose pencil flew at incredible speeds to capture each and every word.

She stopped and looked up, "What about that... other thing inside me? It's not caused me any problems since whatever happened... last... night..." staring off into the vacant corner of the dining room as her brow furrowed, "What did happen to me?"

Dazzle huffed, "Yes, that I would like to know what that whole blood seal is about. Monet right? So you're in control of her magic then? She'll be useless if you two are separated, and if this Arcana is so crafty and widespread what of it then?"

To which Yellow held a finger up to speak, "That is another gift I have for you to help both of you succeed when we are indeed separated at times. Her majesty has informed me of the bond you four still share, perhaps even stronger now that everything has been laid to bare on the table. She needs you as much as you need her, so I will pass over the control over to you. I've kept samples of my blood just for this occasion and this human world has technologies well beyond Equestria's own even with her magic. After we are down here we will perform the transfer of control, and the rune will move onto your body Mrs. Dazzle. You will oversee her ascent into magic and become the woman she's destined to be. I can of course trust that you will have her best interests at heart?" his steel gray eyes seemed almost transparent in the morning sun, innocently eyeing her though she knew there was a cold analyzing eye upon her.

'What does he take me for?' she thought to herself.

She set down her mug and faced him full on, "I've lost, I've endured, I've escaped, I've survived... my mistakes I will admit I made have come to an end and before you is the true leader of this pack with no regrets of what must be done. As a matriarch, it is my duty to oversee the prosperity and safety of all those who follow me and it was not until we were brought down so low, and at my farthest dive to the depths of the ocean did I feel the crushing uncertainty that was within me." pausing to look at the coffee cup before her, the dark liquid swirling with the movement of her hand, "Thoughts that affected my better judgement... and not some ley line influence. I was made to see it thanks to a certain someone here..."

Sparkle's note taking had since stopped as she wondered where the ancient being was going with her long answer. More so she was increasingly concerned with the look Adagio gave her, no hint of feeling or emotion in that face as if the siren were lost to deep thought and happened to keep her empty vision in her direction. So the girl did the only thing she could do and missed the clue that had been voiced openly, Twilight grinned nervously and looked to the others for help. Aria had taken to propping her head on a hand as she zoned out while passively eating, not the first one to ask for assistance. Sonata on the other side of her was clueless in the ongoings of the conversation, and once the two noticed the trepidation the other had all she could do was shrug with several slices of bacon dangling from her stuffed maw.

Slightly annoyed she had no help, a short gulp and Twilight pointed a finger at herself hoping to non-verbally ask the burning question. She felt very uncomfortable under the seeming scrutiny even though she had no fear to be feared of, it was just an old trigger reaction formed from years of attending mandatory schooling with others of her age group. Whenever other students stared at her it usually was accompanied by ridicule or a prank of some kind, they always knew how to single her out for being smart.

Dazzle sensed the mixed emotions in her fourth Dazzling and snapped too, she had been reliving that time that changed her perspective. A moment she'd never forget of how she lost her senses and even as she terrorized that restroom, Sparkle had been there and did not run away. Of course the whole debacle of last night put a damper on the good feelings towards that memory.

"I have no reason to retard or inhibit her goals and dreams in life, and I hope we can find a way around this problem she has that needs the seal while we are over there. Even if I have to enslave the finest mages Equestria has to offer, so to answer your question the answer is of the utmost yes. So do I need to do any special dance or ritual to further prove my honesty? If not I hope you don't find my abilities in question again." though she seethed in those final words of declaration, she still wore that mask of refinement just as well as Pandius could and it intrigued the royal.

"She's telling the truth... I can taste the resolve. Hmmm...." the Empress hummed as she brought a few fingers to lightly tap on the rim of her glass cup, to which the others picked up the hint and waited to hear more.

"That sound means you have something to bring up? Well? I'm waiting." Adagio tempted before finishing the caffeine.

A creepy grin spread across that pristine seductive face any human man would throw his life away for, the kind of perfect genetic combinations that made goddesses fall frail to. If it were not so immaculate in the chilly feeling it exuded that cowed Twilight. Truth be told, the Changeling actually had no qualms for the young siren to hear, instead she had a bit of flattery in which to probe for more details. So she twisted in the seat and presented herself in the high manner she usually gave.

"Our kind, the both of ours, we are quite similar in a way, aside sucking out some form of emotion or other for life itself. I find that rather dandy really. You'd make an excellent Queen if the gods had not wrangled such a cause for you to follow. Do tell me Matriarch of the Dazzling pack? Was it the second run in with near death that straightened you out, or was it that temper tantrum you had that broke your hands as you went into a fit. Only for little Mrs. Sparkle over there to comfort you... how long were you holding all that in poor dear, and really it was the fault of the gems after all that there can be no denying. From what I was told the sirens of this world were rather... drull to say the least." that soft as whipped cream tone, a hand brushing back the deep blue oceanic locks as she remained as stoic and pleasant before the group.

Yellow sighed, "Please not now, of all the times your majesty?"

"No! I have to hear her answer, she's cleaned up her act that I can sense. Where it will guide her I cannot tell, but what may give me an..."

She was interrupted by Adagio as she lightly pushed the porcelain cup across the table, half lidded eyes hiding the energetic response that came, "As one leader to another, I know what it is that you are doing. And I am surprised you were even there to see it, how you did I can only fathom. To be clear with all of you... I had that a long time coming and I had help. There should be nothing else to say of the matter, even if you seem fixated on my capability to lead."

Pandius sneered, "What I was about to finish saying before I was rudely interrupted... was that what would give me an insight into... her future as an ally to the Changeling race. You can never have enough, not with the game of politics and economies which you will undoubtedly be thrusted into once you've assumed power. Have you not thought of it my dear little fish? Or were the delusions of grandeur and simplicity too much for you to even consider beyond placing yourselves on the throne to be loved by all the ponies against their will?" she said causing Dazzle's eyes to squint with a twitch.

"I have been around long before the ponies even knew what to do with themselves besides form herds and feed on grass. I was there when the greater dragons once ruled the lands before they waged their own civil war and brought themselves to lowly hoarders and pillagers. I was there when the greatest empire fell to its own hubris... and do you know why and how?" she asked, earning spiteful glares from both Aria and her leader, no one else even touched their plates as the mood became heated.

Biting her tongue to keep her anger quelled, "Please do inform my weak inexperience oh great Empress?!" she feigned submission and fealty.

Pandius did not take the sarcasm well, the flooding dam behind her regal focus wanted to give and wash over the grub before her in righteous punishment. How she wanted to suck the love out of the hippocampi dry, what impudence of the siren to treat such a being as herself. Another part of her mental faculties stepped in and did its proper job, harnessing in the years upon years of frustration and worry of her kin that threatened to use Adagio as a stress relief. The furnace of rage blew its flame out, cooling her spirit back into a corralling mood to be covered by layers of limiters she devised long ago during the Eckorac's Imperium. Those rotten descendants of the feline rulers of Anugypt, she favored far more the jackals and their lordship as they could give far more love than the cats. Those mangy fur bags loved only themselves and cared little for others, they never let anyone rule over them as it was always the other way around.

Her silver eyes seemed to flicker with magic of some kind, "I learned to never trust anyone, that friendship and kindness were for the weak if you wanted to live a long time. I became Empress only because I followed that edict, and I observed the other Queens fall to the concepts of the blissful ignorant. While their broods were discovered and exterminated or driven to starvation... I hid and lived off the fringes where we would be less apt to be uncovered. The way any interaction outside of feeding worked was to establish a give and give relationship. My drones gained access to new feeding grounds unmolested by the petty guards of the time, and those who gave us the right intelligence we gave back in what they treasured the most. We recognized traps and treated them in kind, fittest of the fittest that is life." Pandius smiled as she saw the realization strike the siren matriarch like a slap to the face, "You are not like others who sour deals, you act for the solidarity and survival much like I have strived to do myself. What you aim to do would give new feeding grounds to the hive in Equestria as it seems so evident they are hungry with how my daughter is trying to take it down herself. You are no Queen Changeling and I don't see you being able to handle a country adequately to keep your food source happy and alive for that matter."

If one could hear a tiny shard of diamond fall on a metal plate, it would have been like loud and echoing in the stillness that had been bought by the insinuation. Everyone finally figured out what Pandius had been beating around the bush for, and now the puck was on its way to Adagio Dazzle.

"You'd be a timberwolf who hunts cattle, if that herd is dying of hunger and restless of sleep that is. I've seen it tried so many times before by other creatures similar to us, never has one even come close to succeeding. You could barely handle a group of guardians made up of humans and an equestrian, how do you expect to rule over the ponies? Do you just expect them to adore you and toil on? Do you even believe for a second that the two alicorns that are supposed ruling the land to bend to your songs? Mighty Alicorns?! You have got to be dreaming to think your kind can harness those avatars of the universe!" a very sinister grin destroyed the attractive natural goodness of the Changeling, it was clear where she was getting at.

"Why do you think hiding in the shadows and taking emotions has been the way of both our races? Because with power comes competition and the standing regime is usually the far more powerful and established. The Alicorns are a unique breed themselves... possessing powers that are said to move the world by their very whim... and puny little insects like us cannot hope to tame them. So why am I ruining this day of importance you ask?" the Dazzlings all suddenly gazed at each other in a collective hope for someone to know.

Standing up from her seat, the royal walked over to Yellow's seat and stood behind him. Her arms curled around his shoulders as she wore a cheshire cats trademark expression, showing off the fanged teeth far too sharp for any normal human to possess. Fingers swaying over the simple shirt he wore which clung to his frame, though he himself looked unamused at being put into the discussion.

Adagio only seethed, reluctantly waiting for the answer they all had to hear, "I offer you a deal of partnership because I do not see failure in you Matriarch Dazzle. Your reign will need trusted overseers to make sure the fields stay bountiful for your future pack to grow and stay seated, my daughters sire the perfect Changelings who will do what you ask of them. And I know you are about to ask why? Why is in the reason we need to feed as well, where you cause the ponies strife and conflict, they still admire and love you once under your spell. That love can indefinitely feed Chrysalis' hive for generations to come, with that said we can add to your force to weaken the alicorns resolve when their love is sucked away and your songs send them from clarity, charging head on into the fray and fight like a beaten manticore. To fight those demigods... you have to chip away at their armor until you find the skin, and like a biting fly you suck away the blood and deliver the disease. And trust me... you do not want an Alicorn among your crowds of fans, because they can come back and awaken from any stupor put onto them. They're tough little things..."

Relaxing her gritted teeth Adagio fired away, "After all that you're simply asking to join forces to rule over what is rightfully mine?"

Shaking her head, causing that mesmerizing blue hair to twinkle to any source of light, "Not to rule, to help YOU rule. We do not want power, it is not the Changeling way. Times change, civilizations fall, and my dear? Your time will not last forever either, but while the getting's good I want my children to prosper from it and ready for the next age of Equis and when love will be scare again. You have your country to do as you see fit, we simply make sure it is still there after the first year under your lordship. We help you bring down the royalty in charge to open the gates of power for you to take the reigns. Nothing more... nothing less. Give and give, no friendship, no buddy buddy... just... a... job."

"A partnership? Really? After all that hot stuff and smearing us you really think we'd..." Aria growled as she riled from her seat only for Dazzle to stop her.

"ARIA."

The purple skinned singer nearly nashed her teeth together as she fumed and crossed her arms over her chest indignant, "Another test to see how thick skinned or rather... thin you are, and you passed Matriarch Dazzle. Now, your answer if you please? Here before everyone so that I may have witness." Pandius grinned before it left her features.

Twilight panicked and looked for support from Yellow who noticed and simply shrugged, "This is beyond my own position, I do apologize but when she wants something she gets it. I'm just grateful its always for the betterment of the mission."

"But? But its concerning your home!? How can you be fine with all this?" Sparkle blurted out and earned a questioning eye from Adagio, to which Sonata could feel without looking herself and did what she could to stop the girl.

With a tired sigh, "Welcome to the world powers game Mrs. Sparkle. Just like how your world operates, nothing is ever short and sweet. Honestly, I'm fine either way as my loyalty to Equestria was broken when the Arcana tossed me into this world, with the Princess' blessing nonetheless. Please let them finish and we can put this matter away." he dismissed her objection and sat back against his seat continuing to watch the scene conclude.

Adagio made a note to deal with her little second Aria behavior before she became an issue, but there was still the matter of the Empress and her little deal. She knew little about the other than what was told, then again what worth was there to trust any word of any exile. They could still be pulling their legs and only need them to get through, a point in time she'd be fully on alert for the signs they'd be left behind or sacrificed. With little time to decide, Dazzle quickly mapped out her original plan and included the obvious facts to their reign and the problems once they got their conquest attained. True, they would have to worry about maintaining the ponies lives, otherwise what else would there be left if their society crumbled and the cattle became sick and weak. Ruling anything other than a pod would be a new trip to take, surely even she could handle it. Then again, they would be defending the land if even they were able to wreak havoc across the world during their first tour and only a single old mage figured out their powers to stop them. The ponies would be sheep even if they had guards among them, only the sirens could protect where ponies wouldn't. Though the other issue was the lack of sirons or thereof in Equis if what the former Minotaur said was true, sirens had retreated after the performance at Canterlot and the hunt issued for the enchantresses. They'd be on land and far from the oceans, it would be a dash through a swarm of squid to find a roaming male and if they were even suitable for her needs. There was where the Changeling had her by the tail fin, she could however prolong their goal to seek out a stronger pod to amass but that was time she didn't want to take.

Even with Twilight and her powers, she was not cured of her ailment and that made her useless at best if her full power was unleashed. Her vengeance would not be denied, and with no other possible option that denied the Empress' offer she had to at least join forces for the time being. She'd learn about them over time and see how dangerous of a spot she would put them in, words and slander were nothing to the greater game to weave through. This would not be the first time she'd be put into such a situation, and the fact that the royal knew as much as they did about them meant they both had equally hidden assets and powers no one else knew. Trump cards for when this new alliance faltered and threatened her ascendance, the love eaters wouldn't know what hit them. The two could definitely conga in this elaborate dance being staged far before they even got to the portal, one she'd be ready for.

Straightening herself out, Dazzle smiled as genuine as she could and gave Pandius a shake down, "Fine, I agree to this for as long as it lasts. I may be out to ensure the ponies do not continue to kill others out of their expansionism and whatever, I'm also aware that I do not desire to become a bureaucrat as the humans put it. If your kind can help where I need it and not try to stab us in the back, then you are welcomed in my new kingdom. We will not be competing for food, but you will be like the cleaning wrasse along the reefs to us. Now if you are happy, I believe we are passed the hour where Yellow gives over the rune." she concluded her agreement by dabbing her mouth with a napkin and started to leave the table.

While others including the Exiles could breath again in peace, it was briefly cut short with a last addition, "Oh, and if you do betray me and break our deal... Empress or not... little stands in the way of a very angry Matriarch. Let that stay with your every thought concerning us. Ta ta for now!"

The Empress watched the golden one walk out the balcony for fresh air, once the glass sliding door closed she harrumphed and stormed off. The other girls could hear her closing the door to a room, and then the sounds of the other exiles rising to clean up. Aria had watched the royal leave and then palmed her forehead in aggravation at the additional baggage they now had tailing them. Twilight quickly jotted down some strategies and plans to deal with government and the inclusion of the love devourers, potential safe locks if she even let Adagio get that far into her plans. Sonata of course just looked worried and had no one to talk to, so she pouted and picked up her plate as the other two remained seated busy with themselves. The morning had started off so great, and already the gears of the machine were starting to spin for an unaware Equestria.

PreviousChapters Next