• Published 6th May 2016
  • 4,173 Views, 66 Comments

The Siren's Remorse - TheronSniper



With the Dazzlings pendants shattered and their bodies fully human, they are left to life's machinations. However, a fellow banished soul might be the key to returning their former selves and taking revenge with a gout of flame.

  • ...
19
 66
 4,173

PreviousChapters Next
Ch. 35 Rise of the Dazzlings Part 2

Ch. 35 Rise of the Dazzlings Part 2

It took no long journey to arrive at the showroom, having found the staging area in the next exhibit hall of the first level. The Dazzlings had registered themselves and found a corner away from the rabble to begin rehearsing. With a mere sliver of time left before their performance, the sirens took to a little practice and rehearsal. No real effort was needed to warm up, sparring the rest of the time to ensure they all were on the same level with the song list. Primarily it was for Sonata, knowing she had such fun with the animal life that it was possible for her have forgotten a couple things.

Adagio whispered the plan after she was sure the group was one in both voice and mind, huddling their heads in close, “Alright, so we’re the first up which means the spell needs to infect every single body and soul in that room. We’ll only get two shots at this before we have to leave the stage, which means no mess-ups and no errors out there! Double for you Sonata… once they’re eating out of our hands the rest will be a walk along the shore. The first two songs are essentially the hook, the rest are to reel in the negative energy until the tenth song. Got it?”

Aria and her dizty partner nodded, “Ya, we sing and make them ours no big change from the usual.” Her reply had a twinge of annoyance at having to take the debriefing she already thought was understood.

“NO you fool! These songs are not like any other, we have to put our wills into each word and feel the spell itself, you NEED to make them our slaves. If you don’t the spell will fail to reach everyone, and we’ll tank faster than a cargo ship in the western seas.” Dazzle hissed as she realized they never really went over the new magic she made just for this occasion.

Sonata leaned in closer, “So we like…. Make our voices in our heads talk too?”

It did not surprise the others to hear her say that, but they didn’t question it, “No, normally our songs are enough to do the work and we feed so Aria is mostly correct in that respect. But with several thousand heads out there we have to actually put a little of ourselves into it so the enchantment is amplified. Sorry about that, I guess I let myself get wrapped up in the scheme to remember I needed to tell you guys that. It’s nothing different from what we normally do beyond actually doing it. Are you following?” Adagio hoped they’d understand the simple concept.

Aria frowned for a moment, “Okay, so we just sing from the heart. No big deal there we always do that?”

“UGH!! Look, remember how we sang at the Coltesseum? Now remember how we sang before the humans with these new gemstones? See the difference?” their leader rubbed a hand over her face gently so as not to ruin the make-up she applied to ease her frustration.

“Ooooohhhhh, I was wondering why we didn’t do that before?” the cerulean vocalist smiled.

“The reason why we didn’t use it when we came to this world was the lack of MAGIC! We barely had enough to hold onto and sing with, so our voices had to be toned down to use passive magic. That way our gems would not dry up and become useless little trinkets! None of you really noticed did you?" the golden siren sighed having nearly been done talking and almost hoping to wing it, "For as long as we’ve been here we sang watered down music, it just happened naturally. To that I say, remember who you were... who you are as Sirens. Remember the voices we use to have and make it happen on that stage behind us. Tonight is our night, the night our power will know no BOUNDS!!” Adagio's her hands gripped into tight fists, rocking them into the air to hail the point home to her own.

The ruby on her necklace gave a faint glow which somehow connected to the other two, and that had been felt by Aria and Sonata respectively. They glanced down at the stones and cradled them as their eyes investigated, feeling the energy within pour into their bodies as if acting upon Adagio’s command. Strength and unity blanketed their perception as the memories of old flashed before their eyes in clear detail more so than they could do by themselves.

There they were before the throngs of ponies in Canterlot, robed equines chanting their names and calling out for them as they sang against Starswirl with all their effort. The sensation of singing, how their throats vibrated and their mouths moved were experienced down to every single nerve firing off. The pinnacle of siren talent no being could match other than Kelpies, this proved to be the lynch pin for what the girls had pulled before them. A reminder of how long they spent in their banishment to realize how sub par they use to perform at and still did fairly well to small enclosed spaces. Adagio's coaxing had made sense at that point, and the girls grinned in agreement at what needed to be done now.

Dazzle relished as the red aura of their pendants spread to their eyes with a faint illumination lasting for a few minutes, they had awoken from their trance in the state she needed them to be. The wonderful success they’d achieve today would be one for the books, books she’d make sure all of Equestria would read as their adoring fans would know each and every day.

“Good…” she smiled wide as the girls came down from the power.

Luckily, they were in a lonely part of the back stage where no one noticed. Their plan to highjack the entire music scene was simple enough seeing as each band had two songs allotted to them before the next act to come on. The whole reason behind the venue itself amid the convention was the organizer’s attempt to give a boost to the growing music community of Equestria. From folk songs to the latest genres, bands were selected to represent each of them to give the audience a wide selection to hear. A valiant aim to give light to the other high quality goods the growing town could add to its list for entrepreneurs and businesses to see.

“Now, let’s make sure we have everything understood. These…” Adagio brought out the notes she stashed in her handbag, “… are the only songs we’ll be using for this. Are you still with board with what’s going to happen and how your suppose to sing for the spell?”

Aria moved to agree when Sonata received a text message from Twilight in the sound of a bird chirping, “Oh! Got me a little birdie!!”

Quickly believing she knew who Sonata meant, “I do hope our little young siren is doing well… huh? Now that I think of it, she’s no older than a fresh hatchling? Can you believe it? Oh my! The pod is growing so fast!” Adagio gave a half attempt to be serious even if deep down she loved that idea of expansion and they were not eve back home yet.

“She’s not in trouble is she?” Aria asked off the bat with a hint of concern.

Sonata took a moment to go through the words, growing a smile during the process. Whatever was sent was thankfully good news, immediately typing as she gave the report.

“Said that her school was winning the majority of the early game competitions. None of the Rainbooms have made an attempt on her yet, but if they got close the other Crystal Props were on guard. Final relay races are soon to start after the last of the minor games were done.” She answered keeping her eyes glued to the screen, “Oh and she’s planning on taking the last of their magic after the games. As a going away present to the guardians before we leave.” Dusk happily announced feeling as much pride as her leader felt for the human girl.

“Awwww… how precious, our little Twilight is going to make their humiliation even more satisfying. Like that seared Tuna we had a week ago, oh it will be so delicious when we get there…” Adagio’s irises flared red with dark magic from the anticipation of her just retribution.

“Huh… good on her, let’s get this done and done so we can get to her soon. She may have magic and magic draining abilities, but I still have this bad feeling something’s going to happen to her. Anyone else… I don’t know… feel that?” Aria looked to the others who gave off the same vibe.

Sonata sent her latest reply and put the phone down on her lap and looked up, “Ya… its been itching me like a scale parasite since we ate last night.”

“Now that you brought it up, the way she seemed so… different during that? I guess I’ve been worrying too. Although we should trust her to do the correct thing, it’s probably best to see her after we’re done even if it’s still during those games of theirs. I can’t lose any of you, not here… even her.” She gripped her left fist tight till the knuckles were white and shaking.

“Yay! Let’s get strong so we can protect her like she did us!” Sonata’s eagerness gave a happy positive mood to the others as it infected them like a yawn in a crowded room.

“Your right Sonata, okay girls… then it stands as this. We’ll open up with Chrysanthemum which should bring the natives in easily and hook the rest of the audience in. Then we…” Adagio covered the other songs to ensure they drained every soul they could while setting off mild fights.

Aria nodded as half her mind wondered away, wondering why all three of them felt something was wrong and that Twilight might be the reason. She, the quiet brooding one of the bunch, and often the most angered other than Adagio had to bring it up. Surprisingly enough the others knew and felt it too, so what was the feeling? Perhaps an inherent quirk with siren pods where they could read the present and detect subtleties as animals would before an earthquake? Maybe something magical was about to occur, a magical disaster of epic proportions that might consume their fourth member?

She hated thinking that, being sappy and saying what she did the other night. The old days back in Equestria, things were different and she knew it deep down. It all felt wrong in general, though no matter what there was never an attempt to fix things, she just let it go on. Since their time in Neighpon for those few days, and then being sent to the human world of Earth had just made her sour. She used to be a different girl and ready for anything when Adagio had her join the pack. When Sonata came into the scene, she and her never really fought all that much. Of course she did keep her persona which matured into her current one, it never really carried on when it was just them three.

Now it felt as if it begun to waver, crumbling the mask she had worn for so long over the life in a human body. Had they been at this life for so long that the years were eventually going to change after such a time?

‘Ugh!! I hate all this… I hate wasting my time thinking about it… I hate being in this monkey body bag… I hate that we were ever sent here…. I even hate that I’m worried for no reason but to worry!! Why am I worried about her!?!!’ she shouted in her head with her face contorting with the emotions.

Adagio was then concluding her talk, “And then we end it all off with our finale, Forever After Dawn. We sink the show with that and the whole convention will be rioting, falling into nothingness. We’ll have all the power we’ll need and more, just remember we have to leave soon as we’re done or these apes will be beyond our control. I’m expecting the pendants to do more than I want them to since they are tainted and all that.”

‘For the first time I feel like I need to protect… why? It was so easy to shove everything aside that didn’t give us adoration…’ Aria internally fumed more.

“Aria did you listen?” Dazzle asked as she folded the papers back away into her bag.

‘Maybe this is what I get for leaving the pod to soon… none of us were taught all what we needed to know…’

“ARIA!!!” Adagio growled into the siren’s ear.

“AAHHHH… what!?” she hissed rubbing the sore ear.

“Repeat what I just said!” her stare into the mulberry girl sent her flinching.

Canterlot High Game Day

Twilight had just won the last of the first half of the games, the math off against Sunset Shimmer. In the end, it came down to speed and quick calculations she was well known for and awards that decorated that skill she possessed. The Shadowbolts all came up and congratulated her as soon as the principles announced her victory, giving their only good side to their usually hotty attitudes to her. Though that did not bother the young scientist in the slightest as the overall intended conclusion to the games came from her little use of magic to slow down time. The gambit paid off and she had been able to review her final work, to which needed no redoing after all. She still had to check anyways, safety first after all. Twilight leaving the stage with the team as the Rainbooms went up to Shimmer to offer support, even as she gave off a vengeful glare.

“Now Sunset, we won enough games that if we beat them at the relay our win is assured as mah family’s harvest season.” Applejack gave her a very comforting pat on the shoulders.

“Yes deary, though they did trounce us in the beginning, so long as we make every race in first place. Crystal Prep will have its first loss handed to them by the very ones they despise! Now let us be on our way to the changing rooms.” Rarity insisted as she goaded everyone off the stage.

“Ya! After all that practicing we did honing our skills, we’ll be the top icing on the cake this time!” Pinkie hopped with their walk away from the gym.

“Don’t worry Sunset, I’m sure it was just her specific field. As far as you were able to find out, that’s all she was inducted for by Principle Cinch.” The fiery haired girl nodded to Shy as she remembered that the odds of beating her at that game were small from the start.

“Ya don’t you worry girl! They actually think she’ll be worth anything in the games now! I mean can you see how scrawny she is? She’s just like our Twilight when I had her face me in a soccer match, this will be a piece of cake like Pinkie said!” Rainbow laughed as they passed through a set of double doors and made their way to the dressing rooms.

“I know you guys are right, I guess I just got so caught up in the competition I felt like there was some hope at least… but that doesn’t mean I need to dwell on it. Together we’ll overcome her and that demonic form if she dares show it, you all remember the sequence right?” Shimmer’s spirit livened up at the true prospect of the games, to put down a villain gone made with magic.

“You got it sugarcube, once we release her from that vile magic that’s corrupted her why ah’m bett’n she’ll be like our Twilight all want’n to be friends and ditch those sirens and whoever else is out there watch’n.” she looked to the farmgirl and smiled in agreement, the thought of a good reformed human Twilight brought upon heart warming feelings.

Flash soon appeared around the corner of the main hall walking up to them, dressed in his motor bike uniform early. Upon seeing Sunset, he froze in place as the rather upbeat attitude he had left him and he blushed while rubbing the back of his spiky haired scalp. The girls came to a stop to give him playful whistles, seeing as the training did a lot more for everyone than just motor coordination and memory. Of course they just wanted to mess with the poor boy, they all knew something was up with Shimmer and him after Rarity’s gossip during their dirt bike adventures.

“Wow, guess trying to stay on the bull really bulked up your upper body there huh?” Dash wiggled her eyebrows to further embarrass the lad.

Sentry awkwardly laughed not being use to the playfulness suddenly feeling his feet go numb, “Hehehe, if you don’t have some muscle, you can’t steer through the bumps and turns fast enough to not wipe out. RIGHT Sunny?!” looking at her for help.

“Like a bucking bronco sure as rain.” Giggled Applejack as she patted Sunset through a hidden joke only the girls understood..

Pinkie appeared instantaneously behind the boy and poked the few large muscles he had developed, though they were nothing very impressive it was noticeable nonetheless. In fact all the girls had added some thinner frames and more tone in the extremities all due to the food regime and training their coach had them go through. For the male though, it was more of a laugh they needed to get the losses they endured. If he knew that, he made no effort to acknowledge it and simply went with the jokes.

“Sure thing Flash, hey we’ll be gearing up in a moment. Why don’t you meet us at the track and make sure nothing’s been tampered with?” Shimmer suggested as she thumbed to the field outside.

“Ya, of course, if I could just talk… to you for a moment?” he seemed flustered to which she took as a pep talk that needed to be done.

“Of course? Hey I’ll be over there in a moment, go on ahead. Besides we have an hour before the final games anyways.” She insisted to which the others shrugged and headed off, Dash pinching Sentry in the rear which sent him jumping in place; she laughed her head off.

While he heard what sounded like a slap to the back of the head from the cowgirl to Rainbow, the others gave him waves as they left. Leaving just the two for whatever reason he held her up for. Sunset looked to him with a friendly face as she folded her arms over her chest, she felt she knew why he needed her alone. Her little mistake last night, it bore unintended seeds she wished she hadn’t planted.

“So ah… I wanted to thank you again for helping Canterlot High and all. Most of the students respect you, even… if we took a few hits there. But most are still betting we’ll win, they did see how hard you pushed the others in the gym and with Coach Iron in archery. The derby club wasn’t quiet either nor was their tutoring.” He dropped his free hand from the anxious movement and put it on top of the helmet in his other.

She needed to nip this in the bud now before the flower opened, “Look Flash, I think I need to come straight with you on all this. Last night… after you helped me see the positive side to things…” she said looking away a little nervous herself that she might let him down easy, if not for the team’s sake but for Twilight Sparkle in Equestria who she was sure would be happy to see a single bachelor Sentry.

“Sunset wait!? Before you say anything, I wanted to say thanks for listening to me… everything I told you and you kept it a secret. It felt so great to tell someone else about it, Rose just seemed to always be too busy to hear me out and well you know about Twilight. I feel like a whole… new man now. And… after the way you thanked me…” he stepped up to her and put a hand below her chin to lift it up so they could see into each others eyes.

She began to panic by the coming forwardness, “Um um um…. Flash you don’t need to… mmpgh!!” her voice muffled as he brought her into a deep kiss, using his other arm still holding the protective gear to hook behind her back and draw her in.

At first she wanted to push him away, knowing where it was leading to. Yet the words of Rose Luck came back again as they always had when she felt reservations about their growing relationship, how it came back like a weed. Those very words, was it fair to Flash for a Princess of Friendship to hold onto his heart as she lived in another world? One she had duties to protect, leaving her to only come to the human world if it was in danger? Was it fair that she had to forget him or keep the poor boy at arms length just to maintain their arduous relationship afloat knowing that time passed by in uncertainty between the universes connected by the portal?

It all came together with her final answer to those questions, when her arms were held against her chest at the start of the loving embrace. She worked them out and did as he had done, to merge themselves ever closer till the kiss had to naturally break at some point. The feel of their lips together, with baited breath, their bodies nearly petrified as their nerves did what they could to absorb every single tingle of the skin to skin contact. The warmth of their bodies and the stress of the games that had them on the precipice, it was a whole other experience for Sunset she never knew. For Flash, he simply needed love and his time with his ex rekindled that same feeling he had when they first became an item, the need to help her become better. His mission as a friend succeeded in that and it only made him care about her even more along the way. Sharing his inner demons and history, how they both were injured spirits.

As for her, what could she say other then the background noise in her soul which said she couldn’t be loved for what she’d done. The lives she made miserable and the control she instilled through fear and blackmail, all that lead up to going back home to steal what she thought was hers all along. To find out the opposite and to know how dark a heart could really be. That being trapped in the shell of a She-Demon and having all the dark negative emotions rule while her other side lay terrified in the core. The regret, the pain, and loneliness that all compiled into a defensive wall around her mind that she had to overcome. All the attempts to befriend the school to no avail even after the defeat of the sirens, students still did not want anything to do with her. Yet besides her friends, Flash and Rose came to her aid other than Pinkie Pie, where those three made a difference and changed her mind in her self-imposed punishment she did not truly desire upon herself.

All she really wanted was to lead a normal life, to be touched by friendship and love others took for granted. To forget it all and start brand new, this was Flash’s doing now and she lept at it like a starving man given a cart of bread. With the future uncertain, the act alone was enough for her spirit to soar and the magic within her from the magical transfer felt alive and well. Some of it of course leaking through her mouth as a spark shocked the two of them into finally letting the kiss end.

“Wow!! I… just… wow?!” he felt his lips as they regained feeling.

Sunset looked for an answer to say for the little interruption, putting her own two fingers to the entrance of her mouth. She guessed the magic could arise from other emotional outlets, something she noted down for future reference down the road. Somehow seeming eerily familiar to how Rarity and Pinkie Pie ponied up.

“Sorry about that, guess the magic just comes out... suddenly?” she grinned before the two hugged.

“Good luck out there Sunny.” He told her in a whisper.

“You too Flash, don’t get hurt either.” She wished him well.

“I could say the same, now go get ready. We have ourselves some snobs to beat!” they broke apart, as he jumped away and sprinted down the hallway.

She waved him off blushing and walking aback even as he disappeared through the outside doors. Which not even a second passed before the girls welcomed the moment in their own way. Through the squeals of delight, to the hooping and hollering, and the expected huff from Rarity, the others were very supportive of the two. With a huge group hug, the final games would begin with fresh minds and spirits, to them Crystal Prep would see a new dawn in the games. One brought by the friendship, love, and magic of both that would show a dead resolve and a high school budget couldn’t secure a win all the time.

Convention Center: Music Show

“Now for the first act, The DAZZLINGS!!!!” the announcer called out as the sirens elegantly strode towards the front, the music of their first track beginning.

They wore their looks with as gusto and pride, having selected their dresses from the best the town had to offer. Strutting out softly, Aria had on a rather devious looking leather attire on top of a punk themed undershirt. Decorated with streaks of falling stars and musical notes, a white background which popped the designs where the chest straps of the coat crossed over. The craftsmanship in the coat seemed to be out of some modern futuristic concept where the numerous bands and buckles along the arms and flowing tail end appeared superfluous. The pants mimicked the old Battle of the Bands leggings, white and light violet stripes leading down to very militaristic service boots. Her hair remained the same as a estimate to her ownership of her own body against the blow they suffered from the Rainbooms.

Sonata appeared to be something out of a Japanese idol company poster, cute and adorable in minimalistic attire. A pink beret cap sat upon her head, which she wore her hair straight down without a tie. A cotton denim orchid purple with her old emblem printed into the fabric stretched just to her navel, worn as an accent rather than a functional piece against the cold or wind. The sleeves were rolled up to her biceps, starched and crisp with no sign of a wrinkle. Beneath it, a red shirt with ice blue musical notes speckling the chest portion complimented the jacket to carry on the motif. Just like Aria, she had some part of her wardrobe to honor the battle that nearly ended them, her pink skirt reaching down to her knees. Purpureus plaid colored stockings went up to her thighs, royal blue dress shoes encased her feet shining in the lights from above. All in all, she gained the attention of the crowd as photos started to flicker with flashes and captures.

Between the two, they lost to Adagio’s ensemble which consisted of a spider web design. Their leader, walking out with the music playing ominously with each step she took, wearing varying tones of palatinate purple throughout the fashion line. Her long sleeved shirt composed of laces, fin-like frills at the edges which not only ribboned out from her pendant fixed to the top button but created a corregated like collar that fanned out around her neck. The sleeves themselves matched her old leggings before the battle, see through fabric sporting diamonds and musical notes along the arm. Culminating in more frills along the wrist, truly giving her a semblance of their siren origins with the confidence and strength she emanated. The pants tied all that down with lacings and open slots which revealed shorts of some kind beneath, essentially giving a sight into her pale apple green skin of her legs. Sparkling gem studded boots terminated the look, with their illustrious surface that did not send the stage lights into the audience. Rather they absorbed the light, letting the decorative gemstones around the ankle of the shoes to act as a focal point.

She chose the use of electronic generated sounds and instruments from music she studied to emphasize the guitar and drums that laid out the tone. Already, people were silent and headed the girls as they started the first chorus, camera flashes erupting yet as they marveled at their soon to be gods.

Giving enough time for Aria and Sonata to soothe the thousands and set the spell into action, Adagio began, “You were there to catch me. Like a never ending light. I was so afraid that you gave up all yourself so hastily. Disappearing before me through the haunting night. You held me up so I could weather the flood. Never again to feel you behind me, whispering encouragement warmheartedly.”

They sang together, “Unchained and unbridled, I ran to the pastures prancing to my hearts delight. Till the dark days, the harness and saddle stilled me into my plight!”

Sonata and Aria quickly sang, “Oooahhhoo, Oooahhhoo. Woooahhh Ooooaaaaaa….”

Joining together, “You tried to remove the nature within, with your restrain and control. But in the end, nature came callin and no rider could handle this soul!”

As the music kicks up, back at Canterlot High the last games were underway at the start of the race, Twilight in the forefront. Using her magic to enhance her body coordination, she managed to clear the first half her race with the hay barrel hurdles. Keeping up with Sour Sweet as their competitors Applejack and Fluttershy made their way at nearly the same pace. When they arrived at the mud jump, Sparkle summoned a magnetic spell which allowed her to avoid falling into the pit by attracting the rope to her hands just in time. Allowing Crystal Prep to get to the Archery section first, paying no mind to the Rainbooms as the two Crystal Prep contestants geared up and dashed onto the platform.

Sour sweet sported a very showy entrance and nailed the shot with three arrows spearing the first target, one dead on spot. Twilight not far behind, simply ran without gimmicks mainly to focus on the next spell which would summon the arrow heads at the target she hexed. In her mind, she performed the sequence and cursed the second target left of Sour’s mark, using all her might she pulled on the bow string and nearly made it to optimal length before it released of its own accord. To her luck and dismay, the arrowhead barely stuck to the bull’s eye as it threatened to fall out from the lack of power to embed it into the wooden object.

Just as the Canterlot girls appeared and drew their arrows, the shaft of Twilight’s munition seemed to slough off the metal point and thus removed the only reason for it to fall out completely. The judges gave the drop of the flag and thus began Crystal Prep’s roller derby team a few seconds before their rivals scored their hits. Frowning at their rivals Applejack turned her focus to the job at hand, nailing her target while Fluttershy hesitated before scoring in a strange fashion. Had the arrows behaved as they should have, their targets were anything but the intended destination. If only anyone knew that Discord above in the sky gave a little push in the right direction. Even he wanted to keep the games interesting to say the least.

The Dazzling’s spell had begun to work as they could see the green mist rise from the sea of living bodies. Though there were still a good number going through the lectures and exhibits, they had the numbers they were promised due no large in part to the fact that it had been a tourist event.

“You can’t put me down. You can't make me fall. You can’t put me down. And make me answer your call!” the three sirens said in unison.

“Woooaooohhh Oooaaahh Ooaahhh Ooooo…”

“Taken from my home and made something of myself, honey you can’t harm my pride. Made the front stage and won the hearts of many, only to be sent away by the folly of a white knight!”

“When I came to I was alone in a world I did not understand. Given no choice but to live off scraps of the barren land. Thus I rose to the top of the stand. Only for you to knock me down again!” Adagio roared her heart through each of the words, ensuring the captivation would be binding.

“Oooahhhoo, Oooahhhoo. Woooahhh Ooooaaaaaa….” Aria and Sonata started up the tempo.

As the sirens continued, the games became heated as the Crystal Prep roller girls fell to Rainbow and Pinkie’s energetic enthusiasm. Losing by ten seconds, Sunset and Flash were sent off their last third of the game, knowing the points system in play they had to do a few moves in the leaps that were coming up. Though rather dangerous, their instructor who knew the art of dirt bikes had given them some of his most infamous moves he earned many trophies with. Spending days on end to ensure they knew how to safely handle the landings on small jumps before they moved to the height that would break bones if done wrong.

When the time came, the duo astounded the crowd of students and even the Principles and Deans, starting with small gymnastics at first which gradually worked up to the more daring moves. The large jumps gave them the room to completely dismount the seats and either spin around before landing perfectly or doing handstands on the handlebars without diverting the angle of the bike’s decent. While Crystal Prep seemed gung-ho about just making it to the finish line, which such actions were due to their belief in the lack of talent in their rivals. Sunset and Flash finished with flying colors and skid their bikes to a stop, spewing dirt from the track well into the air. The thunderous applause sprouting in their wake, shouts and cheers from the stands as students of Canterlot were up on their feet at the first ever tie.

The end of the song was near as the Dazzlings let the last part of the spell matrix entrench itself as the negative emotions were then free flowing. The signal that they had their adoration in hand and no one was there to stop them, the sensation was remarkable just like at Canterlot.

“Taken from my home and made something of myself, I let my ambitions become the blindness. Made the front stage and won the hearts of many, only to be sent away by the folly of kindness!”

“When I came to I was not alone in a world I did not understand. Given no choice but to live off scraps of the barren land. Thus I rose to the top of the stand with you. And now here I am gaining all the fame and glory on the grandstand!” the music climaxed as the girls together spoke the last verse to the spell and paved the way for the biggest feast they’d ever know.

The crowd before them, in the ocean of their arguing and verbal fights had all turned to the center stage and cheered on the sirens. Some begged them to sing at their next kid’s birthday party, leaders in businesses who were there for a break from the trade called for their voices at the big opening of their company’s headquarters in Equestria. Many just as well shouted for autographs, begging for more, or simply wanted one of the singers to merely look at them.

The spell Adagio spent weeks perfecting, she could sense it in every heart around them. The green haze being sucked into their gems had a far more drastic effect then the Battle of the Bands, it eclipsed it beyond their fathoming. Though unlike then, they did not flaunt their powers and let the gems take over them, all the dark magic they could convert the energy into, needed to get them home. Adagio ensured the girls wouldn’t let the transformations occur beyond the red glow of their iris. They had many more songs to go through, and so much more to drain till every human was either too tired to think or fell asleep. Thus after bowing, the sirens waited for the next track to start where the musical instruments would kick off the continuity.

Canterlot High had become a frenzy, the score tied by the dirt bike rely and thus put a tie breaker into effect. The chance at breaking the bad record of failure had thrown support towards the Rainbooms from the stands, to the point that the Crystal Prep forces withdrew to lick their wounded pride.

Pinkie and Dash tackled Sunset to the ground giving her congratulations all around as the others soon met up. Applejack joined the dog pile while Rarity and Fluttershy sided with Flash to give him his just dues.

“We totally wiped the floor with them by the way you two sailed through the air! I can’t believe we scored a tie!!” Dash yelled exuberantly.

“Ya you were like all, spin me right round baby right round like a record baby!! Doing all those twists and stand-ups like that!” Pinkie said as she imitated their moves after getting off the human heap.

“Ah told ya we’d do fine! The schools in high spirits and we just gotta beat them in a one on one now! We sent them with their tails between their legs that’s fer sure.” The cowgirl added as she lifted the two up by herself.

“Yes Mr. Flash, the moves you two pulled off I couldn’t have dreamed of doing. So I’m glad nothing happened to you two in all honesty. I’m afraid if I went, I’d have done what those other riders did and just ride through.” Rarity coughed into her hand trying to overcome admitting the truth.

“Oh, we all did super well, and with all the points tallied up we just need to find out what the last game will be?” Shy smiled at everyone.

“That means we should probably get out of these and find the Principles. It’ll probably be something less interactive and more mental if I guess right.” Flash motioned shaking Sunsets hand and then everyone else’s.

“He’s right, come one everyone, we haven’t won yet!” Shimmer grinned as she spurned everyone back to the changing rooms to freshen up.

With the girls in tow and Flash off to the boy’s locker room, Twilight had begun to set her final plan into action. The tie was not anticipated, but worthless to her in the end. She now needed to take the magic from the remaining three and do what needed to be done. If she could, then a simple teleportation spell she never used before could hopefully get her out of the area, and maybe near Serak. The surge of magic from the device had become surprisingly all too difficult to keep under wraps, with it so close to her heart as she kept it hidden under her dress. Like a voice beckoning her to use the mana that desired to be unleashed for its wild nature to explode outward. She withstood the temptation, there was a steady feel of ice spiking back into her body. A feeling she caste aside knowing there was no time to figure it out, Twilight eventually worked out of the group of Crystal Prep students and made her way to the statue where the portal existed.

With all the hum drum and the intermission, she had to have some peace from the team who had berated themselves with demeaning insults as to how they let Canterlot get so far as to tie. All their voices were nothing but snowy static, she had to think of how to get the final objective done. To do it during the event or after, would someone stop her at the cusp of victory as what happened to the Dazzlings?

“Adagio… I know you’re singing your heart out… but if you guys can hear me… I’m about to make history, just not sure of how?” she sighed fretting over the options she had and the negatives to them as she would surely be made a bad person by the Rainbooms.

“You could do Crystal Prep a favor by just making history happen young Mrs. Sparkle.” The prim and proper voice of her principle earned a short lived scowl as her peace was broken.

“Principle Cinch… so glad you could come. I was just wondering how to finish those Canterlot competitors of ours off?” she tried to seem empowered but lacked the care to in her anxiousness.

The blue suited woman huffed, “You’re the star of our school, that big mind of yours surely has victory secured while others were lacking. So I expect you to unleash everything for this final segment of our rather… unforgettable event. Everton has seen some of your project already and they are looking forward to hearing from you if I allow it of course.” The older woman held the old lofty treasure above the student hoping it would snag on her line, the Shadowbolts appeared out of the school coincidentally.

The ploy failed from the start, she did not care anymore about the independent study not with magic at her command and a whole world of it within a day. The fact the principle still thought she had power over Sparkle infuriated the girl, who hated being controlled like that just because she was weak. Why did they all push her around and dangle treats around for complacency and obedience?

Something inside her boiled to the surface as the anger towards the offender became too much to bear, she was so close to the true gold that anything else was worthless. They were worthless, she would bring about a new age for people and all they could think about was some stupid contest that had no real world implications considering the track record of C.P.

The device Twilight held under her archery uniform began to glow as the mana it contained received the call of the soul. The vassal it needed to remain whole and solid was in trouble and duress, thus it cracked the seal of the clam shell design to leak out in a mist. Unbeknownst to her, the magic latched onto the emotions burning in her which tethered the mana in the need to protect her friends. A multi colored aura grew around the young woman as she bit her lip to the sensations blaring in every nerve of her body. It was not a painful experience, but a very strange one even to her that the mind couldn’t comprehend, only act upon.

“You…. All of you are stupid bumbling morons with no care of each other whatsoever!!!” she shouted at the principle who looked taken aback by the outburst as the power around the girl wrapping in a dim flame.

The aura consumed Twilight like a lit torch, ethereal fires wafting from her feet as they rose well above her. The sky began to accumulate with clouds as they swirled around over the school. Attracted to the invisible vortex the mana had created, supercharging the air and seeding the clouds to create a growing storm.

“Just like the governments and politicians squabbling to spend money on donors, to feed the greedy while many suffer the dying nation. When a perfect solution is right there to keep things going for the better, it gets tossed aside for reputation and looks!!” Sparkle cried out as she felt the magic from the scanner begin to change her form again.

Sunset and the others had just finished dressing out of their relay gear into casual attire. Passing by the front doors just as the human Twilight began to ascend off the ground, sparking a quick reaction from the girls as they burst outside to behold the final stage of the magical metamorphosis. Though they were slightly pained to see a version of their Twilight go so wrong, they were equally as ready to fight her with their rehearsed combat plan.

“Even YOU….” The possessed girl turned her head and jabbed a finger to the Rainbooms, “You and your so called friendship magic… Did you EVEN think about what it DOES to those you USE it on?”

Before Sunset could reply, “OF COURSE NOT!!! You just caste your spells and think all will be right with the world… well… your absolutely WRONG!!!!!” Twilight’s voice echoed with a boom as the metamorphosis started the conversion, her blouse turned into a strapless dress with a starry night sky speckled theme and her hair pin emblem over her neck .

Sunset witnessed as Sparkle had been engulfed by a bright white orb of pure light that everyone had to look away from, lightning darted out as the sheer magical event released excess power. A torrent from the mana release spawned a reaction from the overcast sky, bearing nothing but an ominous atmosphere dark enough to nearly call it nighttime if the horizon far off hadn’t shown the effect went only so far. The sunny skies just beyond physical reach, begging those who sought safety to consider hunkering down. Even the girls were stunned into place, barely able to consider getting away from what could be a dangerous situation just as those of Crystal Prep were.

What happened next sent everyone to the floor, the orb pulsed with power erupting outward like a bomb going off, shattering windows of both the school and vehicles passing by. Trucks and cars alike swerved or slammed on their breaks, a few collisions sent everyone’s hands to their ears by the grinding metal and the loud horns of skidding machines. Glass raining down from the top floors of Canterlot High, thankfully missing the Rainbooms and Flash who were far enough away. Glittering shards danced on the concrete and grass lawn, whose playful song of chaos nearly went unnoticed. Two more concussive waves removed all hearing as the air was stilled in a blanket of null, signaling the final step as the shell around the magic infused girl had been sucked into her core.

Curled into a fetal position, Sunset beheld Twilight slowly opening up her body hovering thirty feet into the air in a slow climb. The unfortunate verse version of the Princess of Friendship seemed to spit on the very image, giving Shimmer a taste of what she had to have been like when she was stir crazy mad. Massive black wings the Rainbooms experienced earlier appeared doubled in size as they spanned out. The mana horn and masquerade eye glasses illuminating her lavender face became a focal point that all who looked upon the new being. Her skin though appeared to be darker, complimented by the violet and deep purple hues of the new dress formed by the magic. Magic that swirled around and within the human vessel waiting to be used and not bottled up, their nature demanded it. Just as with Sunset's Demon form, the hair waved upwards in the unfeeling winds as a sneer developed upon the heavenly features of the witch.

A swipe of her arm, the effects that haggard everyone were removed leaving only the dim world. With hearing restored, the ringing they suffered earlier from vanished like a fading cicada singing. It was easy to tell that was the new Twilight's doing, more than likely to continue tossing insults at them as if they were the true villains. However, they did not expect Twilight to committ a vile act upon them as she glared in their direction. Casting a geomancy spell that broke the ground surface with a wall of solid earth, creating a prison from which they couldn’t climb out of. As spooked as they were, they still had the plan to use if only their foe could get into the right position.

To draw out time Shimmer beckoned, “Twilight you have to stop this! You’re only going to hurt others with the way your using magic, I was once like you. I wanted power and I took it through any means necessary. All I got from it was nothing but darkness… it so lonely and it made me scared like I saw another me at the controls doing things I wouldn't do with a clear conscience!”

Her attempt to get through the dark haze around the girl failed, “OH DON’T give me that sad pity story just because YOU tried your hand at it. Unlike you I CAN have all I want, only… to use it for the good of the world… not some petty revenge against your mother…” Sparkle grinned as she saw the face of her foe light up in shock.

“That’s right, when I absorbed your magic it let me see a bit into its owner… and I know enough about you to see why you caused harm you when you got here! Spoiled little whelp!!” Midnight shouted as she opened a portal above them, "She gave you every hint to change and you went off the deep end, sad really. I would have expected you to have still gotten all that power and control if you just... played nice."

The girls all looked up to the new fear which spiked into their very hearts. Looking up into the bottom of a rocky chasm where nasty red serpents with purple crests had instantly taken notice of them, their beady yellow eyes hungered for the snacks as they started snapping down at them. If they went through they’d surely fall to their doom, though none could figure out if they'd go slowly being eaten or painfully on the stony gravel pit. Midnight took great pleasure in slowly fulfilling that fear by casting an antigravity spell below their feet. Once the girls realized what was happening, they were nothing more than pigs to a slaughter house kicking and screaming. Rarity and Flutteryshy being the ones to freak out the most, Applejack and Dash attempted to claw at the ground or grip the walkway to no avail. Flash and Sunset were already going up faster than all the others, though Pinkie seemed to delight in the coming doom as she spun in the air having a grand old time.

Midnight Sparkle seemed absolutely livid and happy at their torment, giving a very girly giggle and flustered shake of her arms held close to her. The delight in the fear was like the sweet delicacy of that sticky rice she shared with the sirens, sending endorphines through every pleasure center in her body. She remembered the pain of Adagio, the sadness of Sonata, and the resentment of Aria and how doing all this would end up helping the girls through their issues. They needed to go back, they had to go back and these guardians would fall before her knowing how foolish their crusade was.

“Ohhh your just so fun to play around with, see how it feels to be in the shoes of others that you caste to hell?!! HOW DOES IT FEEL!!!” Twilight shouted as she canceled the portal spell and anti gravity.

Shimmer landed hard on her bottom, as did the others and Flash who fell face first in a belly flop. By now they knew they had to act fast or the sadistic version of Twilight would end them in a second, she was no She-Demon at all. This new form had brains behind it and one which knew how to torture, going beyond any limits to handle the opposition. Almost the entire group wished Twilight had become a more evil Sunset who had the ridiculous idea of a teenaged zombie army, at least that was easier and safer.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Twilight!! But you’re going over the line and we’ll put a stop to that, everyone form up!!” Shimmer yelled as the girls rushed to her sides and joined hands, each more pissed off at Sparkle than the next.

Midnight Sparkle felt she could use the moment of amusement, knowing their little magical power that remained wouldn’t be able to do a thing to her. So she flipped on her side while still in he air and watched like Discord would, who of course stuffed his mouth with chips and cotton candy dip at the top of the school’s roof overhead with unbridled excitement as the show progressed. Their eyes beheld a glowing power around the Rainbooms, who began to sing some kind of hymn to friendship as the coursing power from all six of them united as one. The beginnings of their pony forms manifesting had Midnight yawn, she guessed what they were about to do and still felt confident she was safe. Like Adagio, she wanted to really go all out and figured a little interjection would help alter this around into her favor.

Using a combination of her own magic and an intrusion spell, she shot a speck of her own magic into the ends of their formation. Zapping Pinkie and Applejack at the flanks and infecting them with her mana, sending the gathering power towards the center of the formation. Even as they rose off the ground, already the spell had begun to do its grim work. The other human girls held on as long as their bodies could go, grimacing in pain as the flow they hosted flushed out to the next in line. Their little phrases dying out with the last of their power until only Sunset remained relatively untouched. Pair by pair, the Rainbooms feel to the earth exhausted by the forceful manipulation that would put them into a deep sleep. Glowing golden with hints of her friend’s auras coloring hers amid it all, Sunset opened her eyes oblivious to what happened to the others.

“And now we will stop you Twilight Sparkle, just as we’ve done before to those who’d…” she stopped when Rarity and Fluttershy dropped their hold of her hands.

Sunset turned all about herself at the unconscious states of the girls, realizing she was the only one left and with all the magic they had in them. The plan went so wrong and she couldn’t figure it out, how could she manage anything against this new She-Demon alone?

“Ah hahahahahahaha!! For all that its worth, I gave you their powers so we can really fight one on one. Now... Adagio sends her regards…” Sparkle hissed as she scowled at the enemy and charged her magic.

A surge from a repulsion spell shot at the still awed Sunset, who curled up just in time as she was hurdled into the exterior of the school. A dusty cloud emerged from the impact which could fit two students standing on the others head, Midnight then charged a magical beam of concentrated light forced into the palms of her hands, focusing it with an amplifying spell which erected a lens made of distorted light ahead of her to increase the damage. Upon casting, the spell created an ear shattering hum, striking the area Sunset should have still been in. To the bystanders watching, they witnessed the spell puncture outside of the school with an exit wound and into the distance till Twilight canceled the casting. It appeared she defeated the only other person who could save them, Principle Cinch backed away slowly while her students continued to gawk at the awesome feat and short lived battle.

“Now… know the end that is near Rainbooms! I want you all to know true despair as we know it!!” she cackled madly again before turning her attention back to the others.

“So… with that out of the way, before I take the residual mana in the atmosphere, I really should deal with you all. After all, you were so supportive over my stay at Crystal Prep with the mocking, the teasing, the sarcasm, oh and let’s not forget all the shoving too! You all lack the proper manners of human etiquette so allow me to show you… how… it’s… done!!” she shouted charging up another spell that would combine antigravity with a torrent spell to spin the humans around in mid air to sicken them as they did her, "All of you except Dean Cadence, Lemon Zest, annnnnd Indigo Zap. You three are excused and I'm sure you know why."

With a free hand she wove a levitation spell and plucked the three females out of the crowd of sheep, "HEY!!?! What tha....!!" Indigo flailed her limbs about feeling the strangeness of being lifted by nothing.

"WOAH?!?" Lemon Zest gasped as she smiled, having listened to some of the most far out music genres she was far from being afraid.

Cadence however reacted as Indigo had, "Twiiiiiliiiight!!? You have to stop alllll thiiiiiis!! Please?!" she begged.

They were placed behind her gently to fill the others contempt and despair, Cadence and Zest landing on their feet while Zap had to land on all four out of panic. The others would know she was more human than they were, down to the last second before their punishment occurred. Yet, before she could act, the rubble of the blast site gave way to the sounds of coughing. The voice of Sunset burst through as she floated out of the crater.

“…. Your… fight is… with me!!” she willed through the debris in her lungs as she fitfully lifted her arms over her head to amass a colorful orb of light.

A righteous grin spread across Sunset's face, seeing Midnight Sparkle look afraid for the first time. Willing her very soul and the magic in her to create the spell that would end this nightmare for good.

"I still... have no idea! What your talking about, but we could have helped! Could have given them aid if they just let us be friends and NOT try to take over the world. You have NO idea what I've been through since they were defeated, and friendship is all I've had to get by. It is YOU who don't understand Twilight!!" the dark magician held her ground against the iron will of her opponent, quickly ascertaining what was going to happen and how she could repel it.

“I have faced day in and day out curses, insomnia, isolation… and defeat. You have no idea the amount of anger I HAVE in me! Twilight Sparkle, you have upset the balance and cannot be allowed to continue on…” she vowed with righteousness staring at the soon to be beaten foe.

The students of Canterlot High finally were allowed close enough to the front doors or any windows they could get to, Principle Celestia and Vice Principle Luna couldn't hold back the tide. Once Sunset appeared to be in control of the situation, the levee gave as all wanted to see Crystal Prep lose in both the Friendship Games and in an ultimate magical battle between two competitors.

“NOW!!! BE CLEANSED!!!” her throat would be hoarse after that, but it needed to drive the point home.

Letting go of the rainbow colored sphere of reforming magic, it contracted into a smaller size before shooting up into the air. Forming the famous light show everyone knew and loved, dumbfounded by the other worldly weapon which saved the day and ended the coming tyranny. The sheer forces of magic she wielded by herself threatened to push her down to the ground, but through determination it was prevented as she had to see the spell go through till the end. Nothing would stop this moment, this fix all be all piece of history that is unless if it was Discord.

His voice echoed in her head as she watched the river of magic shoot towards its target, “Uh uh uuuuuhhhh… I’m so sorry shimmy dear but your little plan was flawed from the start. You see… she’s needed elsewhere and she’s not so evil really. Just look.” He whispered the last two words as she watched in trepidation, her heart sinking by hearing the very spirit break her hopes.

Midnight braced for impact, sending out as many shield spells as she could as twenty turquoise squares manifested in the path of the beam. It appeared at first that the spell worked, shattering each barrier with ease like the broken windows Twilight annihilated moments ago. The splashing of light indicating the broken defenses until Twilight fell into the veil of the magic rainbow to which the Canterlot students then cheered as they saw the victory at hand. Hearing her scream in fear as the witch became nothing but a sliver of cloudy darkness within the rainbow.

Back at the Convention Center, the Dazzlings were taking a water break before their final song when it hit them. A grave feeling that sickened their souls like nothing else, even losing their gems had no sensation like what wracked their bodies. Adagio dropped her glass as it shattered by her boots, Aria inhaled her water and choked out coughs, while Sonata simply screamed doubling over while her beverage spilled into the air.

As the other two were incapacitated Adagio whimpered what she felt it, “My siren… my little siren…” in the softest of tones with wide eyes of deathly fright, feeling the same anguish as the others.

Back at the battlegrounds, “Now watch, as you see that harmony can be a very fickle thing…” Discord laughed himself away leaving Sunset distraught as the spell faded.

The last of the mana expended, the multicolored aurora blinked out of existence to reveal an untouched Midnight Sparkle to everyone's dismay. She too noticed the end and regained her stance, giving a very pissed off look at the lone girl in the air who didn’t know what else to do with the trump card used.

With closed fists, Sparkle emitted her magic outwards in a warding shield she reestablished. Smashing the ground beneath her with the invisible bubble, a crater of smashed soil perfectly concave which the three she saved ran off. Seeing the dark being exerting her might it was clear they could become collateral damage by the evident seething.

“I warned you… and yet you still don’t listen. I guess I’ll have to TEACH you the hard way.” Midnight growled as a more animalistic side of her came out.

Midnight clapped her hands together and pulled them apart to reveal a black hole sparking with power before her. She grinned ear to ear as her next act would be to bring something from Shimmer's worst nightmare, this last act would seal the deal.

“Behold your old friend…” she said as Sunset watched her form disappear behind a thing she couldn’t believe was being brought to life.

Born from the portal Midnight created, a set of gigantic black wings flared outwards large enough to cover half the height of Canterlot High in both directions. A long muscular and armored neck sprouted upwards with a spiny head frilled at the crown, thick stubby legs shot downwards as they impacted the soft ground with silver clawed feet. The chest formed covered by hardened plates over the underbelly and neck, leading up to a long sinister tail. Once fully manifested, the Wyvern landed forward supporting itself with its winged and wickedly long arms, shaking the ground as if an earthquake had just passed through. As its head came to level with Sunset, its mouth filled with glistening pearl fangs widened to its fullest extent before letting lose a thunderous roar of violence.

Sunset tried to cover her ears and back away, but the beast dwarfed her as it did in her dreams. The bestial cry wracked her brain as every bone in her body rattled to the decibels passing through her. Once it let out every ounce of air from its lungs, the lizard reared back onto its hind legs and prepared to leap at her, but as it did she panicked and charged up an offensive beam spell. Firing blindly as her terror consumed any sense of comprehension, likely manifesting due in no part to Midnight to give a more powerful effect for the faux dragon to use.

By the sheer luck of her aim, she managed a shot at Midnight and though she moved quickly, the beam cut the connection between her and the device. Hands grabbed the scanner before it fell, angering the ascended human to send the dragon to do its work before another unfortunate incident could be repeated.

"Go now and take her magic!" Midnight ordered as she cradled the machine.

Undeterred by her spells, the giant fell creature jumped at the girl and lost its corporeal form. Becoming nothing other than thick oily smog as black as outer space that steered itself into the victim. Passing around and through Sunset, tearing the very magic from her as it swirled around and traveled right back to its lord. The device soaked up the three colors of the remaining Rainbooms and held it within seeing as Midnight possessed the other mana wells within herself.

“You see what I mean? Now… perish in your failure, because your humiliation is just only starting. See you around Sunset, Adagio will be so happy to see you very soon. Ha ahahaha haha ha!!!” Midnight laughed before she opened a portal and left the scene.

With her departure, the baneful sky gave way to the purifying sunlight upon the former battle zone, where the watchers from the schools as well as the ruined traffic looked on aghast. Sunset had been left unconscious by the dark magic attack, joining the other Rainbooms on the ground with Flash rushing to her aid. Other Canterlot Students came to from their stupor to give any help possible to their downed heroes. Even though they lost, they all put up a valiant effort they all witnessed and it deserved some amount of respect. Principle Celestia and Luna joined in with the crowd of kids, lifting two of the girls to take into the nurses office. While Sentry held Shimmer in his arms as his voice worked itself to wake her up, the remaining girls were respectfully carried by four students each into the school. Leaving C.P. to their own doings, after the conflict there was nothing left of the Friendship games to be said, after all technically they did just win the tie breaker even if it was not sanctioned.

“Everyone, back to the buses… we’re done here…” Principle Cinch announced with a very shaky voice, gathering the awe struck brains of the teenagers around.

She had to beckon them several more times before the quiet lines were formed and orderly made their way to the vehicles. Some of which were plastered with regret at seeing how close they were to their ends by the nerdy girl who possessed such power to squash them.

"Dean Cadence? Was Twilight about to end everyone but us?" Indigo asked as Zest and her walked up to the adult.

She shook her head and sighed, "I fear whatever has become of her... I can't say she would not have done something regrettable. Since she decided to save the three of us, I can only assume that a part of her was still in some control."

Lemon had long since removed her headphones and wore a solemn look, "Man, she even loved my music too. How could she turn so metal and... go overboard?"

Cadence knew the answer to that, "Because she is a very special kind of girl, one who shouldn't have spent so long at Crystal Prep."

Zap shrugged her shoulders at her fellow student as they failed to understand what she meant. Giving the pardon from a possible horrible way to go, they followed the Dean as she headed off to the buses.

Convention Center: Left Stage

Adagio, Aria, and Sonata were recoiling from the strange shattered connection with Twilight. A part of them wanted to leave the stage, but they were not done harvesting the negative energy still remaining. However, it felt imperative to complete their mission and then seek her out if it did not feel so debilitating. Sonata looked the worse for wear as she always wore her emotions on her sleeves, she was a bumbling mess with teary eyes which smeared the makeup of her face. To her, that connection severed in a way that made it felt like Twilight was gone, so her natural reaction was to mourn her first best friend even after she tried texting over twenty messages to no response.

Aria simply smashed her fist into the water table and created a few holes in it, spilling the water container and the cups though no one around could even will themselves to care. She cursed under her breath before picking up a chair and launching it out the hallway door exit, a few entranced people stepped out of the way as the steel seat made a ruckus as it tumbled. Though for Adagio, her mind had been clearer than the others, she wondered what was that connection they all felt. What had happened between them and the girl to elicit such a reaction and alarm? Sirens did not have that ability naturally, even when she lost her family it just tore at her because she knew it happened. Her mind wondered about the possibility of some kind of spell from the gemstones or Yellow Tail himself that might have had something to do with it. Not that she complained since it allowed her to know if her sirens were okay or in danger, but to have it done to them without knowledge thereof was disturbing.

“She HAS to be alright… has to be.” Aria growled kicking another chair into a mangled mess beneath her magical strength.

Dusk simply cried hunched over on the floor, unable to really process what she felt other than that Twilight had been in trouble. The very thought of it overwhelmed her mind into inaction, even though she desired to go to the infamous school and ensure she was alright.

“CALM DOWN you idiots!! Can’t you see this isn’t right! How could we feel some human like her even if I made her a Dazzling in title, in danger or worse?! Think of it, does our kind even have that mental or magical link?” Adagio grabbed Aria by the collar of her coat.

“Let GO of me…” Blaze snapped slapping away her leaders hand.

“Think of it, Sonata! Get up! You told Twilight about losing your father right? You did not even know he was gone or what happened to your mother, surely if they were in trouble what you felt should have happened then too!!!” Dazzle pulled the cerulean girl up to her feet shaking her to awareness.

Sniffling, Sonata seemed to nod as she wiped away the tears, though she still cared about Twilight no less than ever.

“Look how we acted, all because we think she’s in trouble and perhaps she is or was. Something made us act upon that and I don’t believe its natural. Although I’d like the idea of it, it means someone cast a charm to make it happen otherwise. And I believe I know who…” she said coldly.

“That doesn’t mean bull and you know it! Twilight’s one of us and she’s going to help anyways, that doesn’t mean jack to not care!!” Aria fired back.

“No I know that you simpleton! What I mean is we’re being treated like puppets somehow… A matriarch just doesn’t feel that when she looses one of her own… at least I don’t think that’s the case.” She began to doubt herself.

“Whatever happened to us can’t be part of our biology, I should know that more than any of you.” She leered at the others.

“Your forgetting one thing, she’s retaining magic… maybe its forming her own magical self and without that dohicky she uses to absorb stuff like our pendants. Maybe she’s still doing it and… maybe created the link or something?” Blaze retorted albeit a little confused at her own explanation.

Sonata sniffled some more as she joined in, “You mean she’s becoming a wizard? Like taking some of our magic too?”

“But you all felt how she released it last night! That can’t be true can it?!” the girls looked questioningly to each other.

“We don’t know anything outside our own magic to even guess anymore, either that’s true or what I believe is so. Either which there’s a problem, because if she’s developing like that it could very well soak up our magic we’ve gained for the portal. She’ll devour it without even knowing so...” The golden siren sighed seeing no real good to come of her magic seeking, "She's dabbling in things humans have never experienced, so there is no telling what trouble she's getting into."

“Or we could just hope that our singing made a magical bond of some kind… like that friendship thing Sunset went on about?” Dusk calmly stated clearing the black runny mascara off her cheeks.

That very idea struck them girls hard, the one thing that defeated them and they were using it themselves? If it was true, were they somehow infected with that mana from the Rainbooms they absorbed at the Karaoke Bar? Would it affect them in the future and alter their minds? Adagio seemed to be the only one enraptured by the consequences of that idea, while Blaze took it in a different light.

“Our pod is strong because we trust each other heck we've been at this whole game for centuries already! If we form that magic jargon from being friends with her… then… then so be it!” magic was magic even if they were dark magic users themselves.

“Our old pods were not power hungry or wanted to get back at anyone, they just… existed peacefully. Maybe we were too young to know enough about being sirens?” Sonata asked tilting her head at her leader.

Utter quiet took hold of the backstage even as the thousands outside in the exhibit hall were calling out their names and fighting each other for their attention. It was a suggestion that even Adagio took into account, maybe they were too young to develop proper bonds with their families. It would explain why mothers kept an eye on their hatchlings who used magic too fast, otherwise they’d fry their connection to magic itself and be unable to sing with it. Yet for all the options they had to consider, they needed Yellow Tail to confirm her earlier suspicions.

Though as her other two sirens continued to feel like they needed to go off and find Twilight, a burst of light nearby and the person in question appeared before them in her magical avatar state. Having shielded their eyes at first, the portal that popped Twilight into their vicinity quickly shrunk into nothingness. Midnight Sparkle soon collapse onto the ground on her knees before slouching over onto the palms of her hands. The girls witnessed as their fourth member lost her unique form as it dispersed into the air. It left the old ordinary human girl in place groaning as if she were hurt, to which the sirens jumped to her sides like a mother to her child.

Adagio tossed aside her earlier thoughts and let her role as alpha take over, cupping Sparkles face as she brought the girl’s attention to her. It appeared she had used up all her magic, but deep down her body was brimming with it. There was no way to explain how or why she just looked exhausted, but whatever happened to her did take a toll in some way. She wore a strange outfit that probably meant something happened during the games, and it meant they would definitely need to go in hiding after the last song.

“Twilight, speak to me!? Are you okay?! Anything just say anything!!” the golden siren commanded as her magenta eyes tried to lock onto Twilight’s dazed orbs which looked everywhere.

Aria grabbed hold of the girls left arm to lift her up as Sonata patted the girls back, “Frazzle maga chool bus… hehehe…” the human girl’s incoherent speech confused the others.

“What’s wrong with her?!” Blaze looked at her leader with seriousness.

“I can’t sense anything off, but it looks like… she’s undergone something that’s drained some part of her. All I can say is she’ll recover after I do this.” Sonata watched as Adagio put her forehead together with Sparkles.

“Oooaaaooooahhh Oooo Woooaaahoooooo…” she sang softly as her gemstone glowed bright red and released a small waft of magic into Twilight’s body.

“Magic Transference…” Sonata gasped.

“What’s that!?” Blaze looked to the two unfamiliar with the term.

“My mother taught me about it, a last ditch effort to save a hatchling if they ever went too far. However, it usually took a great deal of energy to do… guess we’re all powerful now so that doesn’t matter.” She answered back to which Aria remembered the story behind it when Twilight and her went over their pasts together for the first time.

“There…” Adagio sighed heavily as the girl in her hands began to gain lucidity, “It won’t affect my reserves, and it’ll aid her in a faster recovery. It feels like there are two magical signatures in her that I can’t figure out?”

“That’s strange…” she looked to Blaze who looked worried as well as intrigued.

“Let me see!” Sonata connected her forehead softly with Twilight’s right temple, singing a small song.

Even as the human swayed in place, the little spell did its job and in a moment Sonata’s head whipped up with her eyes wide. She had no idea what she saw, but it made sense to her in some way. Explaining it as it came to mind, she felt that Sparkle existed as two entities for some reason. One was her own soul or magical well that all Equestrians had, the other was something all of its own born from the magic she had taken from others. She was trying to merge herself with the other well or at least keeping it under control, and that somehow taxed her mind not her powers. It must have been her human origins that created the problem, her people were just not exposed to magic, but were capable of it in a way that surprisingly enough they were left with the potential for all sorts of things to go wrong with.

“It’s like… it’s like a wayward soul those ponies back home once told spooky stories about remember? A pony that gets lost in a haunted house or something and a spirit tries to possess them. Either the pony absorbs them first or the spirit takes over completely! Possession I think?!” Dusk stated with the utmost pride in being able to form that explanation.

“Your saying my little siren here is… battling the Rainboom's magic?” Adagio looked taken aback.

Her head snapped to Twilight as she groaned in agreement, “Ugh… its true… it’s all true. After I took… three of their wells… she came out… and… I’ve been trying to keep her under… control.” She said lifting her head to meet Adagio.

“TWILIGHT!!” the girls gently hugged her as they squished their faces into hers, with her leader looking at her with the most motherly gaze she could muster.

“You keep surprising me, you’re going to force me to punish you if you keep making me worry like this.” She pushed aside a few stray curls from her face.

“I’m sorry about that… they tried… to cure me… like they did… you.” She said to which the others pulled away and stared at her in disbelief, “It didn’t do anything to me… oddly enough. So I struck… her down and… well you… you can see.”

Her hands weakly grasped the device off the floor near her left leg and brought it up for the others to see. To their joy, the colors of the remaining three Rainbooms were present in the scanner’s gauge showing it to be full from the three sections. This elicited a joyful squeal from Sonata while the others sighed and asked about its function.

“Let’s just keep it over… there for now. But do tell us how it worked?” Adagio quickly removed it from the weakened grasp and nudged it with her boots across the floor far enough away from them she felt safe.

“Opps… kind of forgot. Um… well… I had planned to sap away their powers after the games. But… Something happened with it, I couldn’t stop the magic from gaining control. So I let it and watched what happened knowing it was only… acting in my favor.” She said grimly as the entire experience seemed to replay through her eyes again.

“What do you mean?” Adagio pressed.

“What I mean is, when I first confronted them and then again today, it felt like the magic I had was not just some energy source I could draw on for use. It felt as if I had something grabbing onto my body and moving it, even my voice was subject to its will. Yet the more I tested the boundaries the more it became evident that it wasn’t against my own desires. Whatever manifested from those magic I drained, it seemed to work in a symbiotic relationship drawing magic from me while… protecting me?” she looked to all three of them with worry and surprise.

“So…. You like got someone inside you?” Sonata asked as she draped her chin over Sparkles right shoulder.

“In a way, yes that’s what I think is the case? Of all the magical tomes and manuscripts I was given there was nothing to elude that this was possible. I guess only Yellow will know, but until then she only comes out when I have the Device with me. So the good thing is this can be postponed until we need my magic.” Aria flicked her in the side of the head drawing a short yelp as she looked for a reason at her.

“That’s for giving us a scare earlier. We sensed something happen, they tried to shatter your… erm… rid you of magic right?” she held her displeased look like she always wore having let the girl’s hand go.

Sparkle rubbed the skin she hit, “I didn’t know they were going to do that honestly? It seems they were able to unify and use all their magic, but I stopped the flow and put it all into Sunset Shimmer. I thought I had her when I slammed her into the school and used a concentrated offensive spell with a focuser to amplify the damage. I was caught by surprise when…” suddenly Adagio put a finger on her lip, quivering in her flesh in a pleasurable way.

“Speaking sweet words will get you everywhere in this pod Twilight. Unfortunately we have a show to conclude, so I’d like to save this exciting detailed story for after we meet with Yellow tonight. Can you do that for me? Please?” her matriarch acted with such seduction that she couldn’t help but blush with a blank mind.

Instead, she nodded in acceptance feeling the soft fingers pull away from her dainty lips and the trio of sirens rise helping her up with them. It was really strange, but the happiness in their eyes was unmistakable. That they really did worry for her when that cure was caste even though it did not affect her or so she thought. She still set aside a note in her mind to look into why their ultimate weapon that defeated Sunset and the Dazzlings on the first go, yet she came out unscathed. Adagio flipped her long curls into perfect order and winked at Sparkle, leading off to the front stage. Aria gently socked the human lightly in the shoulder before leaving her with a grin, the twin pony tails she kept in check with the silver stars swayed behind with each step. Of course, the blue teenager gave her a one armed hug and set off giving a twirl in her step, her own long sleek cerulean whip complimenting its owner.

“Come on girls, we have a show to end.” Dazzle whimsically announced as the crowd went wild upon their appearance through the curtains, the roar of their many voices the equivalent of those sports games she’d seen before as a kid.

Just as she was about to get a better look, the device came to mind and Twilight rushed over to grab it knowing without the equipment little was possible. So she stowed it away in one of the light stands for a strobe, packing it away near the bulb so no one was the wiser. Confident in the spot, Twilight quietly waltzed over and looked between the breaks in the curtain with its red velvet texture. Sure enough, just like the other times she watched them sing, every person within their range of sound had their hands up and were jeering for more.

“Alright Equestria’s Agricultural Convention Expo!! Are you ready for one… Last… SONG!!!” Adagio called to the people who responded with a raucous agreement.

The next song began the to play with the introduction of the musical instruments to the rather upbeat tunes. Aria and Sonata began their first chorus with their beautiful voices that seemed to have a certain kick in them than usual. Adagio began shortly after with the same pop, to which Twilight assumed was the joy in life knowing the Rainbooms were finally defeated.

With the guitar and bass playing up Adagio took to the mic, “Can you hear it? Can you feel it? It’s the sound of victory! It’s the groove by the dazzlingly!”

“Try as you might to put us down. We found friends up above. While we grew stronger to put you into a frown. They came around and dealt you a Crackdown!!” they swayed their hips and perfectly choreographed arm gestures accentuated each piece.

Together they sang with might, “Under our spell you will give us all and more. Love us and adore us while we soak up all the love. Under our spell you will seek each other unlike before. Love us and adore us while our power pour over the reservoir!”

Sonata and Aria lead into the next segment in the way only they could coordinate so that their leader could continue. Twilight smiled as her heart grew at the sight of their success, they never even let the people go beyond a few arguments, stopping short of violence well known in hard metal concerts.

“All I want and more, is to seek the end to have justice. Couldn’t you see the pain lasting ever after, like chains to my body as you remained changeless.” Adagio brought the words calmly out for the next chorus to build up.

While back at Canterlot High, the Rainbooms were unconscious on the beds of Nurse Redhearts office. She of which had already contacted an ambulance for the worst of them, the one being Shimmer herself. Flash and a few other students were in the room, though unlike them he stood by her side on a seat trying as he might to wake her up which she wouldn't do anytime soon.

“I have a dream of my family. To be among them once again. Honor their valiant efforts of loyalty. To save the others who are my kinsmen.” She held her voice out, drawing upon the last word before going full blast.

As one, “Under our spell you will give us all and more. Love us and adore us while we soak up all the hate. Under our spell you will seek each other unlike nevermore. Love us and adore us while our power builds to overtake!!” the musical instruments took it from there as the crowd went wild under their enchantment.

Aria and Sonata added their parts into it weaving carefully so as not to conflict with the rest of the song. Just as the sound of an ambulance in the background speeding by had barely been detectable, Twilight faintly heard with the aid of the curtains she peered through. She did not realize that the Rainbooms unicorn leader was being sent to emergency care from systemic shock. With Flash and Principle Celestia on board as the medics did their best to stabilize her deteriorating state.

The only thing on Twilight's mind was the introduction of a final piece which came in thanks to Yellow’s love of a certain choir the sirens happened to like. Ending Aria and Sonata’s parts to the masculine chorus of men singing as one, which they recorded from a local group with the express purpose of capping their only earth tour with a blast.

People clapped to the finale as the recorded choir herald something familiar to power of the Red Army Choir, echoing the Dazzling’s aim to conquer Equestria. Even the cheers of the audience went deaf to the last words of the raw song, just after which Adagio approached the edge of the stage.

“I want to thank everyone here for being the best crowd we Dazzling’s have ever had! Now go forth and get mad…” the last piece of their concert then sent the people into exactly as she needed them to go, a mild fester their gems took what was left even down to the fumes.

“Your judge and jury, your executioners are inbound… Let the guilty stand forth and beckon their crimes to be compounded. Cause your luck just ran out…” she grinned to the now exhausted throngs of listeners who started to drop to the floor with little left in them to fight each other with.

Thousands of souls were drained of their negativity and there had been a lot, some had been harder to pull than others. Yet Adagio’s new spells were effective down to the glyphs and sigils, even those in the far back had been captured and made slaves to their songs. All evident in their red hot glowing rubies and eyes, which they flashed their domination over to quickly silence. The brimming energy and what seething voices were trying to worm their way into their minds were theirs and they complied. Once backstage, even the staff and the forgotten bands had fallen nearly asleep just as the four reunited and gathered into a group hug. Sonata doing her usual thing and actually lifting all three other girl’s off the ground in a physics defying move.

“All the LOVE for us and the energy has me soooo PUMPED!!!” Dusk laughed as she set the others down who all besides Sparkle had a short lived grumpy face.

“Yes yes, that’s good and all but now we need to get out of here. I still want to make sure Twilight doesn’t have anything wrong with her and that ‘Other’ her she has issues with.” Dazzle announced as they made their way to the exit.

Sparkle nearly made it out before remembering the device, knowing Serak was outside parked and ready to depart she dashed over for the grab and made to the exit. As she readied to embark, a few squad cars rolled by with their wailing alarms blazing to which she guessed were heading to Canterlot after that battle they had. No doubt the energy beam she had caste drew many eyes thinking a war had begun.

As she got in and took the seat Adagio saved for her by patting the cushion with a hand, Serak spoke up in jest, “Well I guess we will be needing your services after all Mrs. Sparkle if the portal is going to be protected by police that is. Maybe you might know a couple of sleep spells? I'd hate to see violence christen our departure and taint your magic theory to the world.”

Taking the seat belt around her and clamping it into the holder, “Sure thing, soon as we clear up a little issue with the magic of course. Nothing serious but I feel Yellow needs to know.”

His eyebrows lifted in curiosity, “Oh? I guess so then, let us be on the way. I’m sure everyone is dying to meet you four, after all you did stop the Arcana dogs in their tracks and possess the power we need.”

“Yes, that we do… we look forward to properly introducing ourselves to your little cabal.” Adagio sarcastically quipped.

“I think you all will find common ground with them, but far be it from me to speak for all the others. Tonight is a party after all, we’ll be able to put a stop to the coming end even if all of Equestria will be upon us. Though if I guess right, you four will be taking much of the heat off us getting that sweet sweet revenge? Isn’t that right love?” he chuckled as the van pulled into traffic and turned left at the next intersection.

“We shall see…” Dazzle sighed as she looked to her girls, feeling content and peaceful for what seemed like a very long time since the last time.

“The chance to leave this dead barren rock will be the best thing to happen to us besides our fourth member. Going to miss the food though.” Aria folded her arms and looked out the window to gaze at the human world for what might be the last time.

“This place was just the worst, save for the Tacos and stuff. And my first bestie! Oh and the time we fed off of an entire convention! And one of us took down the Rainbooms single handedly!!” Sonata bounced in her seat happy as a rooster in the morning.

“Hmmm… ya, we finally won… Equestria here we come.” Dazzle could see it before her very eyes, the vast lands of green and the wild oceans where ponies would soon be marching with them as their songs led the army onward.

As the ride sailed them through the core of the town’s busiest intersections it gave Twilight a moment to think and reflect. Even after telling everyone the why’s, they’d reached a point where it was now herself that needed to be told. Not that there was any convincing needed, just a check off her long list she set out to accomplish since Yellow first assigned her to the Dazzlings. The amazing journey and troubles she had to face to make it all work out, and now the fruits of her labor bore succulent goods.

‘Shiny, I bet you’d be proud that I’m helping our world, and helping these girls return home… I just know Adagio just wants to make change happen in her world too. To stop the Equestrians from abusing their world as we have ours and save lives of other creatures both sentient and non-sentient. Who knows how much pollution has been going on and that the might of the Empire has kept their voices under the rug? Well no more, and I will ensure she gets her justice and that of course she won’t go overboard again. The pain she’s lived through is inexcusable, but without me there just like Aria said it may not go as planned. Somehow, I just know she doesn’t want to take over, it’s just not in her nor is it to fight her own kind as they will likely aim to do once she begins. Shiny…Mom, Dad, Cadence... I’m going over to another world to not only perfect magic for humanity and test my plans. But I’m going to ensure changes are done, changes for the better and my magic will make them see the light. Just like you did when you left, using your brilliant ideas to save lives and improve them. I just… hope I won’t lose control. I really hope Yellow Tail will help me.’

PreviousChapters Next