• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,287 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,287

Origin of the Four Souls

"No...I can't do this…" Twilight told herself in thought, putting Pinkie down on the couch and letting her go. "I don't care how mad I am, this just isn't right…"

Feeling bad about punching Pinkie too, Twilight became overwhelmed with regret in place of anger and transformed back into her normal self.

"Pinkie, I'm sorry I yelled at you and hit you." Twilight apologized. "This whole thing is just...messing me up…"

Pinkie saw that Twilight had begun to cry a bit and took pity on her. Not being one to hold a grudge, she decided to let it slide just this once.

"Twilight, it's okay to feel angry and upset," said Pinkie, "just not to the point where you want to cause harm to others. I feel how angry you are...I know you feel bad about being so angry and want to punish yourself for it."

"Huh...how did you know?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Your aura tells me much…" Pinkie replied. "I know everything you feel. You can try to run and hide, but you can't escape my love and understanding."

Twilight got an eerie chill. Something about those words struck a nerve…

"That's creepy…" Twilight said, but eventually overcame the chill and felt better. "Yet strangely comforting."

"I'm glad you feel that way." Pinkie said half-jokingly. "Now give me a hug. I know you secretly want one."

With a sheepish smile on her face, Twilight gave Pinkie a hug.

"If you ever need me Twilight," said Pinkie seriously, "I'll always be willing to help you."

After the hug was over, Pinkie walked over to the door to the living room and opened it, getting ready to leave.

"Now if you'll excuse me," said Pinkie, "I'm going to go to Discord's place and see what's up with him. I've heard things in Equestria have been getting really chaotic lately…"

After Pinkie departed, Twilight began pondering what she said.

"Chaotic?" she asked herself. "How so?"

Ooh, this is where it's going to get good...

All of a sudden, the TV in the living room magically turned on to provide the answers.

"Our top story tonight!" a yellow-furred and brown-maned pegasus on a news broadcast proclaimed. "Local cello player, Octavia Melody has been found dead in her home!"

"What the…?" Twilight responded.

"Hell has broken loose all over Equestria," continued the newsman, "with countless reports of break-ins, street violence, and missing residents! And to add more fuel to the fire, evidence shows that Octavia Melody was most likely murdered!"

"Again?!" Twilight shouted. "First Fluttershy and now…"

"Octavia was discovered to be dead in a giant dubstep-powered microwave only an hour ago," said the newsman, "along with her prized cello! Investigators believe the cause of death to be radiated dubstep poisoning caused by overexposure to radiated dubstep waves that caused her brain and the rest of her body to explode! What a way to heat things up!"

"Uh…" Twilight said.

"Uh...ahem." the newsman cleared his throat. "This has been Ken Tucke, reporting live from Equestria After Evening! We report on things that are sure to give you a dark and depressing night, BECAUSE IF WE DON'T OUR BOSS WILL KICK US!"

Just then, the TV screen went to striped lines of flashing colors.

At the news station, Ken Tucke looked over his shoulder and saw his boss. The boss was wearing spiked cleets and staring at his rear end menacingly, holding cords he had unplugged in his hooves.

"There's going to be a rainy day where I'm looking at." the boss gave a forecast for the news reporter's behind.

"NO, PLEASE!" Ken pleaded as the boss grabbed him and threw him up against the wall. The boss then thrust the spikes on his cleets into the poor reporter's behind repeatedly. Blood from his ass went all over the place as he screamed and cried.

"And by the way…" the boss said. "You're fired. Get out."

The boss grabbed Ken again, dragged him over to the twentieth story window and threw him out of it. Ken tried to fly to safety, but the intense pain from the terrible wounds on his butt combined with his lack of will to live prevented him from doing so.

"I'm going to die…" he told himself. "All I was doing with my life was putting up with getting kicked in the rear for a job that was a pain in the neck though...maybe it's for the best…"

With those words, the same black robed figure that Tree Hugger saw at Fluttershy's funeral appeared before Ken.

"You are correct, my dear…" the figure said in the voice of a lovely lady. "Death is always the best choice…I'm glad you see things my way…please, come inside me and experience the joy of being dead…"

With that, the figure hugged Ken and kissed him on the lips, causing him to die. She then absorbed his body and soul into herself, and teleported away to her next stop...Vinyl Scratch's residence.

Inside Vinyl Scratch's house, Vinyl was in the kitchen, doing dishes at her wubbing dubstep sink playing techno beats to match the tone of the running water and Tree Hugger was in the living room, meditating. The atmosphere of the place was peaceful until Tree abruptly stopped her meditation.

"I sense an interference in the force…" Tree said. "And it's not an electrical one…"

"Hey, are you implying that my wubs aren't powerful enough to be an interference?" Vinyl asked, shutting off the sink and stepping into the living room, feeling somewhat insulted.

"No, it's just that…" Tree replied. "I'm feeling the same essence I felt at the funeral...I can feel the aura of that figure...and I can feel its intent too...it wants us to become one with it."

"That I do." the figure said, coming from behind Tree.

Tree jumped back in surprise and Vinyl, with her attention being caught as well, looked upon the figure with great fear. They both began quivering. The figure took notice.

"Why do you tremble?" the figure asked. "Do you fear...death?"

Tree and Vinyl both felt their blood run cold.

"That's right…" the figure continued. "Though I may not be death itself, I am its controller and maintainer. I am the Goddess of Death. I have come to this world in person along with another goddess, the God of War, controller and maintainer of war. Unfortunately, our presence here in our current states is creating an aura of fear and bloodlust that is spreading to all mortals in this world who do not have the protection of our superiors. Thusly, things have gotten...stranger than normal. But do not fear, we do all we intend to do for the greater good. That's my reason for killing all my victims...to help them. My three most recent victims are no exception…"

"I recognize two of them…" Tree said with a gulp. "I feel their essences...Fluttershy and Octavia…"

"Bravo," replied the Goddess of Death, "while I didn't directly kill Fluttershy, I played my part in the plan for her death by taking her soul. I see you also know Octavia well. After all, you've been trying to act as her replacement since she and Vinyl had a bit of a falling out…"

Vinyl began to grit her teeth and clench her hooves.

"You killed Octavia…?" she said furiously.

"I heard what had happened from my two most reliable sources," explained the Goddess of Death, "but I never would've figured how much it had hurt Octavia. To think she would directly ask me to kill her in a dubstep microwave, a birthday present from a dear friend…"

Vinyl lost it and ran over to the Goddess of Death, grabbing her by the collar of her robe and punching her in the face. Unphased, the Goddess of Death smiled and decided to show Vinyl and Tree her face. She used magic to levitate the hoodie of her robe off, and Vinyl and Tree were shocked and upset to see who it was…

"Don't worry…" the Goddess of Death said, still smiling. "You'll grow to love my face. After all, it's going to be yours...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Tree and Vinyl felt like their own shadows had washed over them as they were completely surrounded by darkness from behind. Within the darkness, the Goddess of Death kissed them both on the lips, killing them and transforming their bodies and souls into the darkness that was her. Having assimilated them, the death goddess was overjoyed.

"All the four souls are together now…" she thought. "Unlike the other souls that comprise my body, they shall still know themselves as who they are. They will ensure that the other four souls come to the Immortal World...HA HA HA HA HA…"

She couldn't help but laugh.

"Soon, they'll all be mine…" she proclaimed in triumph. "Soon, everyone in Equestria...WILL BE ME! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Following that laugh, Twilight could be seen in her castle reading a black book with a white star on it, the one the torn page of scroll paper had magically appeared in with a demented look on her face.

"Books!" she said just for the sake of it.

Conclusion of Part Two.

"That's the end of the second part!" Boss announced. "So, are you guys hooked yet?"

The Dark Sky members still weren't that impressed, with the exception of Derpy…

"It was a little more enjoyable than the opening part," said Dumb-bell, "but still, it was mostly just okay."

"Sorry, I still don't like this story much…" Hoops said. "I appreciate that it's trying to be creative and different from what came before it, but it just doesn't grab me."

"..." Score predicted the future of Boss' project silently.

"Boring AND lame." Ghost Rainbow Dash gave it straight. "I completely agree with Score's prediction. This is TOTALLY going to turn into a cliche supernatural drama story that everyone is going to praise because it's "SO ELABORATE AND WELL-WRITTEN", when really, they're just so blinded by the length of it that they completely overlook the gaping plotholes, pretentious writing style, and how shallow and grating the characters are. Oh yeah, and that scene with Fluttershy's funeral was terribly mean-spirited and unfunny. *spits* Blow me."

"I just don't know what's wrong with this story!" Derpy proclaimed. "It's a supernatural mystery, and a really entertaining one at that!"

"Glad you all loved it!" Boss exclaimed again. "And I did not make supernatural drama, I just wanted to make an original mystery for the world that could be read like a story. Also, I haven't forgotten about the riddle..."

Fluttershy _ hit _ _ _ _ _ Hawaiian _

Clue #1: called again