• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,286 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,286

Court Dismissed, Take Your Honor Away

"The defense accuses Discord of being the real killer!" Fluttershy shouted as she slammed both her hooves on her desk.

All who were in the courtroom but Judge Discord fell silent. Discord began laughing.

"Ah ha ha ha ha!" he laughed before saying… "You serious?"

"Yes." Fluttershy replied in a deadpan tone.

"Good," said Discord, "because I was just testing you. It's actually a likely possibility. After all, I wrote the story with Rarity. We know who the killer really is and are abusing our powers by willfully withholding valuable information from the court. But what exactly has led you to believe that the mastermind behind the murder is me?"

"Because everything in your testimony points to not just you being the mastermind," explained Fluttershy, "but Rarity as well!"

"Woah ho," said Rarity as she waved her hooves, "take it down a notch. It's one thing to accuse a judge of murder out of nowhere, but then a prosecuting attorney on top of it? Ay yai yai, at least show us some evidence first."

"Fine," responded Fluttershy, "I will! All the evidence is right there on the video of the killing that Discord recorded! Nothing in it has been altered, and there are multiple witnesses who can testify as such!"

"Oh really?" Discord said in a cheeky tone. "You mean to say that I recorded evidence for a court of law on this video that could be used against me in a court of law? Seems legit."

Discord snapped his fingers and made a VCR and TV appear. He then put the video in the VCR and played it.

"Let's see if I was so brilliant to have done such a thing…" he said as he turned the TV on for everyone in the courtroom to see.

The video began playing, and the people watching the trial began scratching their heads in confusion when they saw Twilight and her friends in Fluttershy's house babbling. Soon, however, the audience shuddered when they saw the killer coming through the interdimensional time portal and stabbing Fluttershy.

"Please go back to the scene where the killer came through the portal and pause it there." Fluttershy requested. "There's something I need to point out about this part that we've overlooked…"

"Okay then." Discord said as he rewinded back to said part and paused the video there.

"Now," said Fluttershy, "here's something I feel has gone long overlooked. Does anyone else find it strange how this killer is not only a ninja...but he comes through a portal in time to commit his dastardly deed?"

"...!" Rarity went.

"Yes," continued Fluttershy, "I'm looking at you Rarity. You're a Ninja what God?"

"..." Rarity remained silence with a sheepish grin on her face before answering… "Reality God?"

"Rarity…" Fluttershy said disappointedly as she shook her head. "Everyone in the Immortal World knows that you have powers over time. The only reason we were able to acquire this video footage is because you took us back to the time plane where the killing happened. It's also a very likely possibility that you could've transformed yourself into a robot pony with your powers over reality to conceal your identity. While this may not be definite proof that you're the killer, you can not deny that at this point…"

Fluttershy slammed her hooves on her desk again.

"...THAT THIS EVIDENCE MAKES YOU BY FAR THE MOST LIKELY SUSPECT!"

"..." Rarity remained in silence again before grinning normally and saying… "Good job."

"Huh?" Fluttershy responded.

"You know," said Rarity, "right from the start, I had the strangest feeling that someone was going to bring this up. You do deserve credit for your attention to detail...but that's all."

"...Again, huh?" Fluttershy said, beginning to sweat.

"First of all," explained Rarity, "you accused Discord and I of being the "masterminds" behind the killing. But you claim this evidence damns me and me alone of being the one who did the deed, not being a mastermind."

"Agh!" Fluttershy grunted. "But hold on, I was going to show how you and Discord were the masterminds by exposing the flaws in Discord's testimony!"

"Leading to my second point…" Rarity continued. "You're trying to say that I'm a "mastermind"...AND the one who did the actual killing? Doesn't that strike you as a tad off?"

"Y-yeah…" Fluttershy said, sweating, knowing that Rarity was making sense here.

"And finally," said Rarity as she pulled out a piece of paper from her fur pocket, "I have evidence that shows that the ninja in the video could not have been me. Does anyone else find it strange that I've not been seen wearing my ninja outfit once?"

"...!" Fluttershy went. "She's right. The last time I saw her, she was wearing a black robe…"

"The reason for that is because on the day of the murder," said Rarity, "my ninja outfit and sword were stolen. And I have a report here to prove it…"

Rarity presented a report from the Interdimensional Police Department, a police department in the Immortal World. The report said as such…

"Report No. 020

Date: 11/5/?

Crime: Larceny

Details of Crime: A ninja outfit and katana were stolen from the victim's home.

Suspects: None reported."

"Ninja outfit...AND KATANA?!" Fluttershy yelled. "You had your sword stolen too?!"

"Yup," replied Rarity, "my prized garb and mask and Soul Stabber sword. Even with my god powers, I can not reproduce those items. They were both specially made and given to me by The Risen One, back when he was still under his former name, that is."

"No…" Fluttershy said. "This can't be happening…if you're not the killer or a mastermind, that casts doubt on Discord being a mastermind too..."

"Relax," said Rarity, "this situation is still salvageable. You could always just accuse Discord and I of a crime that's more imaginable, like being the mastermind's accomplices."

"Again, she's right…" Fluttershy said in thought. "The evidence does lean more towards that possibility, but again, I have a bad feeling. Rarity and Discord...I can feel it. They're not afraid. In fact, it's like they want to get caught...wait...oh...NNNNNOOOOO!"

Fluttershy knelt her head and grabbed her hair in despair. Discord looked at her and grinned slyly as he rested his cheek on his fist.

"I think you get it now…" he told Fluttershy. "And just letting you know, you can't withdraw this accusation. You accused a judge and a prosecutor of murder. You can't take a baseless accusation of that severity back without receiving a penalty. And I've already decided on what the penalty will be, immediate dismissal from this courtroom. Taking back your claim now will be the equivalent of surrendering the trial."

"This...this was their trap…" Fluttershy thought, feeling hopeless. "They are the mastermind's accomplices...they wanted to take the fall for him! Because everyone comes back to life in the Immortal World after they've been killed, murder is not a serious crime demanding capital punishment in this world, it's a misdemeanor that's considered a felony only through repeated offense. The punishment given is even less serious for being an accomplice to it, and because of Rarity's time powers, the little time they'll spend in jail will go by like nothing! It's an incredibly small price to pay to ruin my only chance to bust the mastermind! I knew it! I felt something was wrong from the beginning!"

"So Fluttershy," said Discord, "do you wish to continue with your accusation, or are you giving up?"

"I...I'm…" Fluttershy said, trying to fight tears.

Decision #12: Should Fluttershy press on or quit?

A. Accuse Rarity and Discord of being the mastermind's accomplices

B. Surrender

Surrender

"I'm...giving up." Fluttershy said, her head falling to her desk with a thud. "Please...just end the trial."

"Certainly," replied Discord, "we're done here and so are you…"

Discord banged his gavel to announce the trial's end.

"For shame…" Rarity berated. "You didn't even play it out till the end. How sad. Oh well. Case closed."

The doors to the courtroom were shut.

Continue to Accuse Them

"I'm...continuing with my accusation." Fluttershy said. "Rarity...Discord...I accuse you both of being the mastermind's accomplices!"

"Aww…" Rarity went. "You're taking my advice. How cute. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you also have evidence to support your claim."

"That I do…" Fluttershy replied. "Discord, do you remember what you said in your testimony?"

We celebrated with perfectly prepared tea made with Rarity's special blend that day, just like Fluttershy had on the day she died.

"Yes." Discord responded. "Is there a problem with that statement? You can testify yourself that on that day, you drank that kind of tea."

"True." Fluttershy replied. "But that isn't the problem here. The problem...is how do you know that? I can testify myself that on that day, the only time I drank that kind of tea...was right before my mortal incarnation was murdered."

"...!" Discord went before he started to laugh. "Heh heh heh…"

"Heh heh heh ha ha…" Rarity laughed in tandem. "I get it...the only ones who could've known that information...were the ones who prepared that tea. And since it was perfectly prepared, they must have set it up with the knowledge of the time the murder was going to take place...it can't be dismissed as a coincidence."

"Especially since Rarity and I wrote this story and would know something like that." Discord followed up. "A detail we could've easily hidden from the other gods...Bravo Fluttershy, you solved our little puzzle."

Fluttershy just looked at him angrily, knowing what he was going to do next.

"I admit it," confessed Discord, "I was an accomplice in the murder of Fluttershy."

"So was I." Rarity said. "I am equally guilty."

Discord then teleported back to the judge's seat and banged his gavel to signify the trial's end.

"Court is adjourned." he said. "Take us away, Bailiffs Myra and Edward."

Fluttershy watched Rarity and Discord be taken away by the bailiffs despondently. She slumped over her desk knowing that her victory was a pyrrhic one in every sense of the word…both the mastermind and his hitman would go free thanks to her…

Congratulations, reader. You have chosen the Rarity and Discord ending.