• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,286 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,286

Boss' True Identity

The Dark Sky members showed up.

"Oh God," thought Twilight as she saw them coming up to greet her, "don't tell me…"

"Hi Twilight!" Dumb-bell greeted Twilight.

"Heya, Twi…oh…" Hoops paused his greeting when he saw Twilight's friends and realized that they weren't supposed to know that Twilight was their boss yet.

Twilight's friends and some of the other ponies in the crowd turned to the Dark Sky members suspiciously. Then Twilight's friends turned back to Twilight.

"They friends of yours?" Applejack asked with a skeptical glare.

Twilight gulped and thought for a while, not noticing something of hers going missing…

"Maybe if I just confess to knowing them, I'll look less suspicious than if I lie…"

"Yeah," answered Twilight, "they're fellow human clones that I befriended back when I was first transformed. You guys hadn't been transformed yet, so you didn't get a chance to meet them."

"..." Score whispered to the others that it would be a good idea not to call Twilight "Boss" silently. Thankfully, no one besides the Dark Sky members heard.

"Is Twilight telling the whole truth?" Rainbow Dash asked as she gave the stinkeye to Ghost Rainbow Dash. "I'm looking at you, Mr. Familiar."

"Familiar?" G.R.D. thought, misunderstanding what Rainbow Dash meant. "I thought I was a phantom. Then again, I doubt she's familiar with spirit terminology, like myself."

"Tell us NOW." Rainbow said in frustration, shooting the ghost a scary look.

"Of course she is," replied G.R.D. quickly to avert suspicion, "we're just close friends with Twilight! Just best bros till after the end of Judgement Day! How ya doin', Sparkle Alec? Rode any good trains, lately?"

"Thanks for giving us the day off, Leader!" Derpy proclaimed, wisely avoiding the use of the word, "boss", but sadly forgetting about the context of her words…

Twilight's friends turned back to Twilight, looking at her more suspiciously than ever…

"Girls, heh heh…" Twilight said nervously, backing away slowly. "This is all a grave misunderstanding, stuff like this always happens…"

"In movies? TV shows?" Pinkie Pie gave possible endings to her sentence in a disgusted tone. "Or should I say BOOKS?!"

Pinkie pulled out Twilight's book, having swiped it earlier when she was distracted.

"This book is HORRIBLE!" Pinkie shouted. "All it is is literally just a word-for-word copy of everything that's happened the past four days of our lives!"

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash said. "Let me see that!"

"No!" Twilight exclaimed, but it was too late. Rainbow Dash opened the book up and she, Applejack, and Pinkie read it together. Like Pinkie implied, it told about everything they and Twilight went through over the past four days, not in summary format, but in story format... On a particular page of the book that was of ordinary paper and didn't look torn, this little diary entry was written…

"This is the beginning of the end of my life as I know it. Fluttershy is dead now. It's been two long years for me, but only hours for the rest of the world. I'm dead inside now. The only thing that provides me with real comfort now are the voices in my head. Gods Rarity and Discord, leaders of the Immortal World, have been calling me, telling me that they can take me to a mystical place where I can see Fluttershy again. Of course, I didn't believe such a thing at first, but when they showed me that it was a real possibility, I was overjoyed. All I had to do for them in return was recreate something…"

"Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie...and Starcatch...

I'll recreate my friends…"

After they had all read that, Rainbow Dash dropped the book in utter disbelief.

"You lied to us back then…" Rainbow Dash said, remembering what Twilight told them back at the graveyard.

"No…" Applejack intervened, looking at Twilight furiously now. "You've been lying to us from the start! You were the one who created us…"

"I'm Pinkie Pie because of you…" Pinkie said with sadness in her tone. "I'M PINKIE PIE BECAUSE OF YOU! WHY?! I WANTED TO BE APPLEJJAAAAACCKKK!"

Pinkie Pie then began crying over Applejack's shoulder as Applejack and all the other ponies got looks of discomfort on their faces.

"There...there?" Applejack said as she patted Pinkie on the back, unsure of how to react.

The Dark Sky members began shifting the back of their manes, not feeling like they belonged here.

"Uh ha ha…" Dumb-bell chuckled. "Look, I think we caught you guys at a bad time, long story short."

"Yeah," said Hoops, "you guys seem cool, but I think it's best we leave you alone right now and introduce ourselves to you some other time."

Like good contributing members to society, the Dark Sky members left Twilight's friends to have their emotional breakdown in peace. As they left, two figures in the crowd began to follow them…

"So we're not going to talk to Boss about what's going on with the story?" Derpy asked.

"Not right now," said Hoops, "I think we should wait."

"So where do we go now?" Dumb-bell asked.

"..." Score recommended a good place for the group to go silently.

"Ooh, I love the mirror funhouse!" Derpy exclaimed enthusiastically. "I love being an entertainer for myself, it really helps boost my self-worth!"

"Pfft…" Ghost Rainbow Dash snickered. "I don't need a funhouse to entertain myself, I much prefer to make my own funzone. You guys go on ahead, I'll be by myself playing my favorite game…"

"Okay," said Hoops, "let's just please not have another bathroom fiasco on our hooves…"

G.R.D. floated off towards the restroom, unaware of the fact that the others were being watched by the figures who had followed them earlier…

"So…" one of the figures, a black mare with dark purple hair said. "Those nearsighted goofballs are Mom's lackeys."

"Shall we follow them to the place of numerous reflections and engage in social activity with them?" the other figure, a white stallion with red and blue hair asked.

"Yes..." the black mare replied. "We have some business to settle…about our mother, Twilight Sparkle. We need to talk them about if what Rarity and Discord told us was really true. Whether we really need to kill her or not..."