• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,286 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,286

Dream of a Life Before

That same night the castle was invaded…

Each one of Twilight's friends was having a dream. Uncannily enough, they were all somehow having the same dream. It was about being a human man who was looking at two gods talking to another human man. This is how they would describe poetically how the dream went…

Is This Dream a Story?

A man...is this who I am?

No...Twilight Sparkle's friend is who I am.

I am part of no sham.

This man I see must be of flim-flam.

He speaks to two gods.

A friend and a former enemy are these two gods.

But they must be frauds.

They talk like sausages, they talk like clods.

This man and his gods are so fake.

Everything about them and their words on plain paper is fake.

Nothing beautiful they can make.

My precious time, they only take.

I know the gods, but not the man.

One god is good, the other was evil, but who is the man?

I judge the gods as false because I know them, but I judge the man as false even though…

...I know not his plan. But…

...I know not what he began. However…

I think he's just dreaming. But I worry…

Does he mean to begin a true story?

I can not judge if it's a good story. But I wonder…

Is the story for me?

Twilight's friends couldn't sleep after having such a dream. It felt like deja vu to them. They didn't know the man, but they could feel what he had been through. They could feel that he was undecided on what to do with what he had been told. His struggle felt human to them. They could relate, for they were also confused. They wanted to believe that Fluttershy was living on inside of them even after her death...but was that just a dream? Or were they beginning a great story for themselves that was real?

The only thing that kept them comfort in thoughts like these was an aura that each of them felt around themselves. A pleasant aura that they had felt for as long as they could remember. An aura that felt like the pure will of another...

Wow, what a mystery. Well this is when anyone would just forget what they just read and move on. But do you at least want a clue to what it all means? Who is the man? Here's a hint…

"Twilight's friends each dreamt of themselves viewing a memory from the past as a different man. But the man's conflict of indecision is of every man."

Now then, let's see what's going on with Twilight, hmm?

Later on in the evening of the day of the funeral, several hours after it had concluded...

Twilight Sparkle was in her bedroom, brooding on her bed with a phone lying beside her. Eventually, a nervous-looking Spike came into her room, carrying a cup of coffee on a plate.

"Are you feeling okay, Twilight?" Spike asked as he walked up to Twilight. "I brought you that cup of coffee you wanted."

"Thank you Spike." Twilight replied with gratitude, levitating the coffee on top of a short dresser nearby. "I just have...so much on my mind right now. I don't think I've ever felt this sad...and angry…"

Spike then gulped and began to sweat. Twilight took notice…

"What's wrong?" she asked sternly.

Spike gulped again. He hated having to be the messenger for things like this, but once again, he was able to pluck up the courage to tell her…

"Pinkie Pie's here." he said. "She's in the living room right now...she wants to apologize for what happened at the funeral."

Twilight didn't say anything in response. She just put on an angry look, picked up the phone with her levitation magic and stormed out of her bedroom, her red aura and fangs reappearing. Walking through the castle while stomping her hooves and breathing heavily, she soon arrived at the living room and flung open the door. There, she saw Pinkie Pie sitting on a couch by a TV, looking down at the carpet on the floor and thinking.

"Hi Twilight…" Pinkie greeted her, feeling nervous as she felt Twilight's aura of anger and hate again. "Please forgive me for what I did...it was an accident. I didn't mean to stab Fluttershy. I didn't mean to make a scene…"

Twilight shook her head.

"No…" she replied. "Fuck you."

"W-what?" Pinkie said.

Twilight came closer to Pinkie and showed her what was on the screen of the phone...it was a video on Youtube entitled "Pinkie Pie Kills Fluttershy at Her Funeral". It had been uploaded by the guy who had been recording the funeral with his phone, and it had 500,000 likes, 15,000 dislikes, and 5,000,006 views...at least in Twilight's imagination.

*Talking in a nasally "nerd" voice* The actual statistics are 500 likes, 150 dislikes, and 5,006 views. *End voice* Twilight is just imagining the statistics in her insanity by the way, not the video.

"I SAID…" Twilight fumed. "FUCK YOU!"

Twilight then punched Pinkie Pie in the left cheek. Pinkie fell on the floor and spit up some blood.

"Ow...agh…" Pinkie grunted in pain, feeling her cheek as tears came out of her eyes. "UNNGH!"

Pinkie grunted again as Twilight shoved the phone into her face.

"WHAT IS THIS…" Twilight said.

"Ugh…" Pinkie whimpered.

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!" Twilight bellowed.

"UGAH!" Pinkie cried.

"SHUT UP!" Twilight yelled. "Thanks to you, EVERYONE in Equestria is laughing at Fluttershy's death! Five million is ten times the Equestrian population! You're the one to blame for them all becoming Youtube commenters! How can I forgive you after just a simple apology?!"

Twilight started hyperventilating, and soon, started to look at herself. Her red aura was growing brighter, her front legs were starting to turn black and scalish, and her front hooves were starting to become black claws. She turned to Pinkie again and began smiling sinisterly while thinking violent thoughts…

"Yes…" she said to herself in a demonic voice as she picked Pinkie Pie up and clutched her front legs with her claws. "Maybe that punch wasn't enough...maybe...I need to teach you some real pain…"

Twilight wondered what to do…in her newfound demonic nature, she wanted to seriously hurt Pinkie, but in her good nature, she knew what she was doing was wrong...what to do...

Looks like Twilight is having a little trouble making up her mind...could you be a dear and help her make the right decision?

Explanation on Decisions

At certain key points of the story, a character, or sometimes characters, will be caught in a dilemma and forced to make a possibly crucial decision. When this happens, just go to the episode that corresponds to your choice of how you want the decision to be made.

Ex: B.Let her go and apologize

You want Twilight to Let her go and apologize. Simply read what happens in Episode 5, listed by the "B. Let her go and apologize" decision. Don't even bother looking at the other episode in that selection.

Each choice is basically just an alternate way for the next event in the story to happen, however, each choice may give you interactions with different characters and/or may tell you things you never knew. Also, much later on, there will be a point where the decisions will ultimately affect the story. Please choose wisely...or foolishly if you enjoy messing things up.

Now then, where were we…

Decision #1: What should Twilight do with Pinkie Pie?

A. Unleash demon wrath upon her… (Devil's Coffee Cake)

B. Let her go and apologize (Origin of the Four Souls)