• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,287 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,287

The Risen One is Right

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie looked at each other and knelt their heads, believing that Fluttershy was right. This had to be the only way to save Twilight Sparkle. They turned back to Fluttershy and said…

"You're right...we'll do it."

"Thanks…" Fluttershy replied with a creepy smirk. "Only through the blood of The Risen One can you all be saved…"

Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie wrote the following in their books…

Twilight Sparkle, cured of her insanity, returned to being a normal alicorn pony with no memory of Fluttershy's death or anything from when she was a servant of Ninja Time God Rarity and Fantasy God Discord. Everypony in Equestria is safe and back to normal now too even if they weren't normal before. Rarity, Discord, and Luna are all back in Equestria safe now too, having no memory of being gods. Their personalities, along with Twilight's and all of Equestria's, are restored. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy all return to Equestria as well, not as gods, but as normal ponies with no memory of this either. All of us become at peace as friends forever in a united world.

They each held out their books and showed Fluttershy what they had written, and reading it, she became impressed.

"Even as the most powerful gods in all the universe," said Fluttershy, "you choose to humble yourselves to the level of mortals, just as Twilight and I did…"

It was then that Fluttershy took the knife to her left front leg and cut it. She then held her bleeding leg over each book, getting drops of blood on each page her friends had written this story's ending on…

Back in The Risen One's home, Rarity and Discord were surprised when they felt a light wash over them.

"So…" Discord said. "She chose this path..."

"Fluttershy has been defeated…" Rarity answered. "She staged her defeat so that she could be relieved of her duties as the ruler of this world and save it at the same time. But in doing so, she has betrayed the ruler of the universe…"

Discord remained silent for some time before saying…

"Rarity…"

"Discord…" Rarity responded. "I'm sorry I had to conceal my true identity from you, but when our memories are restored, I'll be able to tell you the full truth…"

And with that, Rarity and Discord vanished in a flash of light. Luna, on the other hand was still outside on Fluttershy's porch, drinking the cocktails on the tray she had been holding. She had already drunk five big glasses and still wanted to drink more. Sitting on a lawn chair with an unnerved look on her face, she looked up towards the sky and said…

"I have a problem...PLEASE GIVE ME THE ANSWER!"

With that, Luna vanished in a flash of light as well, and was teleported back to Equestria, where she found herself on the street.

"W-what...how did I get here?" she asked. "The last thing I remember...holy shit, I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! ...Except..."

Prince...Princess Luna could only remember that she was Princess Luna...that was all. She knew who she was...but could not remember why she was who she was. And frighteningly enough, the only thought that gave her comforting regarding this predicament...was that everypony in Equestria shared her frustration. No one knew why they were who they were…

How was this so? Fluttershy had known. Since this world started as a copy of Equestria, with all the Equestrians being made from human beings who had lost their memories, no one knew why they were ponies. This was a conflict they had had since they were first transformed, and now, it is a conflict that they would have forever. Fluttershy had known that this would be the price for her happy ending, for this was her plan all along.

Now back in Equestria too, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy all greeted Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. Blissfully unaware of everything that had gone on from Fluttershy's death to her defeat, this day was just a normal day to them. Though Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie knew not of the source of their identity confusion, it would simply become just another friendship problem. A friendship problem that three heroes had missed the chance to solve…

However, the fact still remained that Fluttershy deliberately sacrificed that chance, that golden opportunity. Everything Rarity and Discord had written, every trial Twilight and her friends had gone through, was now all for naught. Nothing more than what Rarity and Discord would've called...filler. The Dark Sky Awakening Project had failed. Even the prophecy of the awakening of the stars would go unfulfilled now…

And yet, Fluttershy, her friends, and all of Equestria are happy now. Fluttershy has come a long way since she was that pony crying by a gravestone. If not for her, this whole world could not have been saved…

...But what about the universe?

A short time later in the future, in a galaxy close to Equestria…

A large star, shining bright, loomed ominously in space…

"The prophecy has not come true…" a voice inside the star could be heard saying. "Fluttershy has betrayed us and Rarity has been put out of commission...meaning I am the only one of The Eternal Three left. It is my duty now...to save this universe from death…"

THE END