• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,287 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,287

The Immortal World

The prophecy continues...

The sky shall darken for the moon to turn bright

And so the stars shall come awake

That is part of the poem we wrote with the Dark Sky…

Their boss did something that was not right

For the entire universe's sake…

Episode 13: The Immortal World

After Fluttershy, Maud Pie, Twilight Sparkle, and Twilight's friends passed through the portal, they arrived in a new area. They were outside of a place that resembled...an amusement park. Twilight and her friends looked around to see a Ferris Wheel, bumper cars, roller coasters, and food stands...that all looked like they were composed of a gelatinous substance. They then looked up at a sign that read, "Jelly Rockets".

"A...carnival?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Yes," said Fluttershy, "this is one of the Immortal World's biggest attractions, a carnival made entirely out of magic jelly! Long ago, a woman named Myra Michaels brought us an abundant source of her world's highest quality jelly, and with the help of Ninja Time God Rarity and Fantasy God Discord, they transformed it all into an extravagant amusement park! They all agreed that it was the best use the jelly could be put to. After all, jelly born from amusement is best at creating amusement!"

Maud Pie turned her head the other way and let out a sigh.

"I could never apologize enough…" she thought. "I'm just glad that some of the souls inside me are happy that a product of their remnants is making others happy…"

"Born from amusement?" Pinkie thought. "That's weird. I don't think I've ever eaten jelly created by amusement...wait, I amuse ponies all the time...do I create jelly? No, that's ridiculous...or is it?"

"Hold on a second…" Rainbow Dash said. "Did you say...Rarity and Discord?!"

Fluttershy chuckled to herself.

"Indeed I did," she replied, "they're both gods of the Immortal World."

Everypony else besides Maud Pie gasped.

"For real?!" Rainbow shouted.

"I would never say such a thing in jest." Fluttershy replied. "I've even planned for you guys to meet with them if you don't believe me."

"They've been here this whole time?!" Applejack yelled. "Why didn't Rarity tell us?!"

"Yeah," said Pinkie Pie, "I can understand them not saying "Goodbye." after explaining the situation, because that's what we didn't do because it would've been so awkward. But they could've at least given us a "Hello, we're going away to be gods for a bit. See ya."!"

"Are you…" Twilight said in confusion. "Trying to ridicule us as hypocrites or are you...actually being serious?"

"Mhmm…" Pinkie went as she thought to herself. "I guess both."

"Ha ha ha," laughed Fluttershy, "oh you guys, I missed your silliness. Looking at it now, I just have to laugh. Ha hee ho."

With that, Maud Pie turned around and walked several steps away from the group as they looked at Fluttershy oddly.

"...Thanks?" Rainbow said with a slightly unnerved grin.

"No offense Fluttershy," said Applejack, "but that was just awkward."

"Yeah, don't call us all silly!" Pinkie exclaimed. "I should be the only silly one, it's a cross I must bear alone."

Fluttershy's face began to have a frown.

"All we're saying Fluttershy," said Twilight, "is just not to act weird."

"Oh…" Fluttershy replied in a crestfallen tone, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry. You guys are right. I have been acting weird. I guess it's just that being in the Immortal World so long changed me a bit...I think I should leave you guys alone until I shape up."

Fluttershy began chanting something to herself...

"Huh?" Twilight went. "Fluttershy, wait…"

But before she knew it, Fluttershy turned to shadow and disappeared without a trace. Twilight and the others were, as usual, surprised.

"Woah, Flutter's got stuff." Pinkie complimented.

"Oh boy," said Rainbow bemusedly, "ANOTHER fucking mystery."

"I…" Applejack said with a pause. "...never would've imagined we were THIS out of the loop. All this stuff we never knew...I think we've had enough twists and turns to last us for the rest of our lives."

"INCOMING PLOT TWIST!" Twilight exclaimed jokingly. "These aren't even our first lives! We used to really be Twilight Sparkle and the pony gang before we got reincarnated as humans!"

Everypony besides Maud began to chuckle. Maud was looking over at a familiar grey mare who had overheard the conversation. It was Derpy Hooves. The others, being farther away, didn't notice her.

"Is that...true?" Derpy Hooves asked quietly.

Maud nodded her head to say "Yes.". Derpy gasped.

"I shouldn't find that funny," said Rainbow, "but it's funny because it's true! Ah ha ha!"

Twilight and her friends all laughed as Derpy ran away, shocked by this new information.

"I heard it from two reliable sources and my friend's alter ego…" Derpy thought. "It must be true!"

Poor Derpy...she doesn't realize that Rainbow meant that the ridiculous nature of these surprise twists are what's true and that Maud had to lie because she was ordered to. As for Twilight, I think it should be obvious…this is just to provide a way for them to find out part of the truth about her...

Derpy kept running until she caught sight of her comrades, Dumb-bell, Hoops, Score, and Ghost Rainbow Dash, the other members of the Dark Sky. For the unfamiliar or those who have forgotten, they were the band that Fluttershy led in her first escapade to bring immortality to the world. Though they have had their own personal journeys throughout the stories of the reality god and fantasy god since then (trust me), their current role in this story is unknown. That is, unless, you count the mess they're in right now…

They were at a game stand where ponies would throw balls at jelly targets to win prizes with a sign above it that said "Knock It In N Take 'Em Up!", and Ghost Rainbow Dash was in an argument with some other ponies.

"I don't care whatchu say," said G.R.D., trying to sound cool, "I totally hit that piece o' jelly!"

"Uh, sir…" one of the other ponies, revealed to be a police officer replied. "You do realize you're confessing to sexual harassment, correct?"

Derpy walked up to the gang and wondering what was going on, went up to Hoops.

"What happened?" Derpy asked him. "Why are the police involved in this now? Did that Water Flush guy complain to them that G.R.D.'s attire was too revealing?"

"I wish," replied Hoops, "that way we could at least resolve this easily. Everypony would be able to see the truth…"

Hoops paused as he took note of Derpy's eyes, seeing one of them drifting off to the side.

"Wait a second…" he said.

"All I said that was that I hit his jelly, I never sexual harassmented nobody!" G.R.D. shouted. "I don't even know what that means!"

"Please excuse our friend," intervened Dumb-bell, "she doesn't mean to be offensive to black ponies when she talks like this."

"Oh, that is just grand," said the victim of what G.R.D. did, a blue stallion with cyan and white hair and a British accent, "being politically correct about racism when your friend is clearly a sexist pig!"

"Hey!" G.R.D. yelled. "I am not racist or sexist! I treat everyone the way I want to treat them, regardless of who they are! That is my motto!"

"Oh," replied the victim, "so you also touch everyone else's private parts regardless of who they are? Why, I feel so relieved now! How silly of me to have misjudged you!"

"Now calm down," said the officer, "just be chill, everypony. Now Mr., erm...Water Rinse, is it? Can you please explain what happened again so that we're all on the same page?"

"I was in the men's restroom," explained Water Rinse, talking angrily through his teeth, "when I saw that ghost of a creature with any common decency spying on the stallion in the stall by lurking from above! When I called her out on it and explained to her why her actions were wrong, she just stared at my privates the whole time and at the end of my speech, grabbed them and said, "Is this thing real?"! And then to add more insult to injury, she even slapped and groped my buttocks on my way out and said "Why am I surprised that this feels like flan?" Unacceptable!"

"Hmm…" the officer hummed in thought. "Well, Mrs. Ghost Rainbow Dash, if what he's saying is true, then you have committed a crime. You've already confessed to touching his butt, what do you have to say about the rest?"

"Oh, do I even need to respond to that?" G.R.D. replied. "I didn't even really touch his butt, I just felt the jelly inside of it! It's obvious that I've done nothing wrong…"

"Because that guy is lying!" Hoops intervened. "Derpy here saw everything, and it doesn't match with what you're saying!"

"Huh?" Derpy went as Water and the officer turned to her.

"What, her?" Water Rinse said. "I only didn't bring up the fact that she was in the men's bathroom room too because I thought she was mentally challenged! What testimony could she possibly give that makes mine null and void?"

"Testimony that you've neglected to give!" Hoops yelled. "It just so happens that our friend Derpy has enhanced vision! She could've seen what went on in that bathroom in more accurate detail!"

"I could've?" Derpy asked.

"Yes Derpy, you could-I mean, did!" Hoops exclaimed. "Now answer me! When you were in the bathroom, did you see anypony's legs through the gap under the stall that G.R.D. was floating over?"

"Um...actually, no, I didn't." Derpy answered.

"Wait, where are you going with this…" Water Rinse paused as he realized. "Oh...AGH!"

"Judging from your reaction," said Hoops, "it seems you didn't see any anypony's legs under that stall either! Both your eyes were locked on G.R.D., but one of Derpy's eyes drifted down as she looked up at her! The stall walls and doors are not made of transparent jelly either for privacy purposes, the only way to see if anyone's in there is to look through a gap! With you as the only other witness, your accusation against G.R.D. for peeping doesn't hold water anymore!"

"But she still touched me inappropriately!" Water responded. "I'd love to see your cross-eyed friend testify to the contrary on that!"

"Oh ho…" Hoops chuckled. "For that, we don't even need a witness. A simple logical explanation will suffice…oh, Ghost Rainbow Dash?"

"Hmm?" G.R.D. said in puzzlement as she floated closer to Hoops.

"Could you please reenact the scene in the bathroom?" Hoops requested. "Do exactly what Mr. Rinse claims you did to me, please."

"If you insist, cowboy." G.R.D. replied.

Everypony watched as G.R.D. reached to feel Hoops' privates only for her right hoof to pass through. Water Rinse gulped.

"No…" he said, as he realized he had lost this case.

"Yes…" Hoops said triumphantly. "Our friend here couldn't have touched you as you claim. She's a ghost. She couldn't have grabbed, slapped, or groped you because she can't touch physical matter. Case closed."

"But...I felt her…on the insi-..." Water said despondently. "This can't be…"

"Sorry sir," said the officer, "but the ground for their defense is rock-solid. My work is done here. I suggest in the future, you think the facts through more thoroughly before jumping to conclusions and getting the police involved."

"Uh…but...eh..." Water just stammered as the officer got in his car.

"And no offense, kid…" the officer told Water before he drove away. "But in the place we're at right now, we got much bigger things to worry about than dicks being touched, trust me. It's a crime everyone's guilty of here..."

"Huh?" Water went as the car sped off into the distance. "Wait…"

It was too late, the officer was gone. Knowing that he had been licked, Water knelt his head down in despair. Despite feeling somewhat sorry for him now, the Dark Sky members felt it was best to just leave him alone.

"Come on guys," said Hoops, "I'm bored of playing Phantom Detective. Let's hit some other taco stand…"

The group began to walk away from Water to another part of the amusement park. Making sure he was out of range for both hearing and seeing, G.R.D. asked Hoops something…

"So Hoops...did you keep it a secret that I can touch physical objects if I so choose because you trusted me, or because you just didn't want me to get arrested?"

"Both, obviously." Hoops replied. "Why else would I have asked you to reenact the scene exactly? I knew that you weren't going to lie or fake anything to get out of trouble. Even if what you did was wrong, I knew you would never deny that you did it, because that's not your style. You stay true to your cause no matter what. How can I not trust someone like you?"

"T-thanks Hoops…" G.R.D. said, blushing, but secretly feeling somewhat guilty. She thought to herself…

"I should probably tell him that I was waiting for a stallion to come in that stall...and that I could feel that guy on the inside even with my hoof passing through him...but I think some things are better left unsaid. Not to mention that I think he might already know…"

"Oh...that felt good…" Hoops thought back to when G.R.D. put her hoof through him with a big smile on his face.

"Man, that was unexpected." Derpy thought. "I never would've seen that coming right after I learned about...oh...oh, I forgot! The new twist!"

"Hey guys!" Derpy exclaimed. "There's something I needed to tell you! It's about the story!"

"?" the Dark Sky members went. "What about the story?"

"There's a new plot twist coming up that we weren't told about!" Derpy explained. "It turns out that this world's Twilight Sparkle and friends actually WERE Twilight Sparkle and friends in their previous lives!"

"..." Score expressed astonishment and doubt silently.

"I know," concurred Dumb-bell with Score, "that has to be false. Sorry Derpy, but from what we've been told, that can't be true. Boss said herself that the humans she and her friends used to be never had any prior relation with Twilight, her friends, or Equestria. They can't possibly have past lives as them."

"You don't understand…" Derpy replied. "The one I heard this information from...was Boss."

The other Dark Sky members looked at Derpy in astonishment.

Meanwhile, back with Twilight Sparkle and her friends…

Twilight's friends were asking other ponies around the amusement park if they had seen Fluttershy, Rarity, or Discord and getting results of little help while Twilight turned her back to them and looked at a black book with a white star on it that she had pulled out of her fur pocket with a smirk…

"Soon, my friends…" she said ominously. "I will bring us all together again as friends, never again to be separated by death...this book shall be our legacy recorded for all eternity…"

You're doing a great job, Twilight. Discord and I are very proud of you…

Those words became a voice that only Twilight could hear…

"Oh, thank you so much." Twilight talked back in her mind sarcastically. "I'm honored."

Why so sarcastic? Rarity and I are serious...we feel bad about what we're making you do just as much as you...it's a necessary evil, I must say.

"Then why are you always laughing about it and treating it like it's some kind of joke?!" Twilight yelled, still talking in her mind. "If you think it makes you look cute, you're dead wrong! If anything, it makes you look sadistic and totally warped!"

"Hey," replied Fantasy God Discord, making his words known for the first time, "like I always say, if we have to do it, we may as well enjoy it. This, on the other hand, I don't have to do, but I'm doing it just because I enjoy it…"

Twilight didn't realize at the time that by that, he meant that their conversation had left the privacy of Twilight's mind...he had said that for the ponies in the carnival to hear too.

"W-what do you mean…?" Twilight asked, not realizing that she was talking out loud now.

"Oh Twilight…" Ninja Time God Rarity also said out loud with a slick grin. "You'll soon learn to stop pretending to be such a self-righteous hero. Everyone needs to have some evil within them. You'll also soon learn to not smartmouth us. Or else, this will happen…"

"What...what have you done…?" Twilight asked again before she turned around out of curiosity and looked at her friends...and a bunch of other ponies in the carnival who were now staring at her weirdly.

They had heard everything and were now flabbergasted.

"Those voices…" Applejack said. "You were talking to Rarity and Discord…"

"How were you talking with them...and why?" Rainbow Dash asked suspiciously.

"Why are you reading a book?" Pinkie Pie asked a silly, yet legitimate question. "I wanna read a book!"

Twilight couldn't believe this...she was caught so suddenly she didn't even have time to put the book away.

How could this get any worse…?

Decision #7: How does it get worse?

A. The Dark Sky members appear (Boss' True Identity)

B. Twilight's long lost kids appear (Noava and Arc)