• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,286 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,286

Raven Denouve

"Twilight Sparkle…" Fluttershy said. "The defense accuses you of being the real murderer!"

DUN DUN DUN

A void of silence filled the room. Twilight stood on the stand looking speechless. She pulled out a book, began reading it, and suddenly flipped it over while flipping through all the pages with magic and screaming, "WWHHAAATTT?!"

A crowd that was watching the courtroom could be heard jabbering loudly.

"Chaos!" Discord yelled as he banged his gavel. "Chaos! Yes, keep it up! Now then, Mr. Fluttershy, on what grounds are you accusing Mrs. Twilight?"

"Firstly," began Fluttershy, "on the grounds that her testimony has given everything away! She said herself that the name on the card incriminates the real murderer, and that the real murderer's name is Raven Denouve, right?"

"OBJECTION!" Rarity cried. "Yes, right...the murderer whom was hired by the real killer was called Raven Denouve...that's all."

"OBJECTION!" Fluttershy cried back and shook her head. "No...that is FAR from all. Because the truth is…"

Fluttershy put both her hooves on her desk.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS RAVEN DENOUVE!" she shouted.

The courtroom fell silent again, only this time, everyone but Fluttershy and Twilight were at a loss for words for some time.

"Uh, Fluttershy…" Twilight broke the silence. "Like I told Rainbow earlier, this isn't a place for jokes. Please stop fooling around. I know you don't actually believe that I…"

"I DO." Fluttershy said loudly. "And I'm going to prove it. When Rarity and Discord made you into Twilight Sparkle, you used it as an opportunity to follow through with this order without getting caught! Edward Miles knows what I'm talking about...can you please have him take the stand?"

"No!" Twilight yelled. "You can't do this!"

Discord banged his gavel and said to Fluttershy…

"Absolutely. Bailiff Edward, please come up here to the stand."

Edward Miles took the stand.

"Bailiff," said Discord, "I recognize from your name and (previous) occupation that you are a top-ranked mercenary employed by the Phoenext Corporation. Can you truthfully testify to knowing a man in your division called "Raven Denouve"? And if so, can you also honestly attest to knowing if he's affiliated in any way with this world's "Twilight Sparkle"?"

"Totally," replied Edward as he bowed his head, "I can give you honest answers for both those questions. After all, I was Raven Denouve's supervisor the day he disappeared. I made a report of his client's request in full detail, under the request of my boss, Nick Ron. And under Fluttershy's request, I got a copy of that report right here…"

Edward presented a copy of the report to the court. This is what is said…

"Case ID #3363420

Date: 11/5/?

Hired Employee: Raven Denouve

Reason for Hiring: Assassination

Client: Anonymous

Additional Request(s) of Client: Remember, they're going to make you Twilight Sparkle. Once you're in Equestria, become a robot pony that resembles your human form. "Steal" that garb and sword. Report back to her with your writings. You know the rest."

"Why this…" Discord said. "This is as damning as damning evidence gets! Twilight was Raven and the robot this whole time! Someone (not me or Rarity) who knew he was going to be this world's Twilight Sparkle hired him! What a turn of events! Well, I see no reason to prolong this trial any longer!"

Discord banged his gavel.

"This court finds Twilight…" Discord said.

"HOLD IT!" Prosecutor Rarity shouted.

DUN DUN DUN

"Not yet…" Rarity said. "You've not won yet, Fluttershy…"

"W-what?" Fluttershy asked. "What do you mean?! It's clear Twilight is guilty!"

"Yes," replied Rarity, "guilty...of being requested of something she was incapable of doing."

"Incapable of doing?" Discord asked. "Whatever do you mean, Mr. Rarity? The Twilight Sparkle we know can practically do anything so long as we approve it!"

"Yes…" Rarity responded. "...but there's no proof we approved it. You and I reserve the right to keep our book out of the eyes of this courtroom, leaving the only possible proof to this ludicrous claim...to be a page in Twilight's book on which she wrote for such a thing to happen. Dear Twilight, would you please allow us to inspect your book?"

"Mwahahahaha…" Twilight laughed. "Certainly…"

Twilight handed over the book she had been holding to the court, and the entire book was examined for a page where Twilight wrote a scene of murdering Fluttershy, but such a page wasn't found. All they found was the page describing how it happened the way we know.

"Aagh!" Fluttershy grunted. "No! That book must be a fake!"

"Better get thinking Fluttershy…" Rarity said with a wide grin. "If you don't fill in that plothole...your work will be all for nothing."

"Ha!" Twilight gloated, getting back on the stand. "Fat chance! No offense, but your story is nothing but a plothole, Fluttershy! Don't worry though, we're still friends. We'll look back at this and laugh one day, wondering what kind of phase we were having. Just give it up now, and we'll respect you for at least realizing your actions."

"I knew it…" Fluttershy said in her mind. "I knew that wouldn't be enough. The only thing that can dig me out of this hole now is them...it's make it or break it!"

Discord banged his gavel once more.

"So Fluttershy," said Discord, "what is your response to the prosecution's argument? Can you prove that we really did approve it? That this book of Twilight's is actually false?"

Fluttershy paused for a short bit and began thinking…

"I may not have evidence that fills in the plothole...but I do have evidence that can do the next best thing...create a plothole that she can't fill in!"

before saying…

"...No...but I can prove that the Twilight standing in front of us is Raven!"

"W-what?!" Twilight yelled. "You're lying! Why...why won't you just apologize and give up?! That's what the Fluttershy I know would do!"

"You're the one who's lying…" Fluttershy told her. "You know I'm still the Fluttershy you know. And the Fluttershy you know loves you. She loves your soul! She'd never sit in silence knowing that you're on the wrong side!"

Twilight said nothing in response. She just stood back, feeling small tears swelling in her eyes.

"Just like before," said Fluttershy, "the testimony has given everything away. Only this time...Twilight's children have made the slip. Let's go back to their testimony for a brief minute. Does anyone remember this line?"

Twilight has always known that the killer's name is Raven Denouve. What can we possibly add?

"Twilight has always known that Raven Denouve was the true killer…" Fluttershy said. "...but how?"

Fluttershy grinned widely as Rarity just chuckled and said…

"You fool, have you not been paying attention? She knew because she read the card that fell out of the killer's pocket!"

"But that's the problem…" Fluttershy replied. "When did she get the chance to do that?"

"Why," said Rarity, "it was just before we...oh…"

"Yeah," responded Fluttershy, "just before we started this trial. But Twilight's kids said that she always knew. And in case you don't want to just go by what they said, do you remember this line too?"

Having to witness it again was hard for me too. What scared me the most was not finding out who the killer was, but that card…I recognize it...

"Witness it again?…" Fluttershy continued. "And recognize it? How? As far as we know, Twilight should know nothing about Phoenext and no one had seen the card until just before this trial had begun. She was hired as a temp writer after I was killed if what Rarity and Discord says is true. The only way Twilight could've known before she was taken back to the time plane to watch the killing...was if she was the killer herself."

The court was filled with a void of silence once again. And once again, the one who broke the silence was none other than Twilight Sparkle.

"A ha ha ha…" she laughed. "So...you're onto her…"

"H-huh?" Fluttershy said. "Onto...who?"

"Twilight," replied Twilight, "of course. She thought she'd never get caught. She believed that that lie Rarity and Discord made up would keep her safe. But she knows now...that the jig is up…mwa ha ha...ha ha ha...HA HA HA…"

Twilight pulled out her book and threw it up in the air, and using her magic to flip through the pages faster than ever, she gave a loud laugh that echoed throughout the courtroom…

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA MWA HA HA GAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA FWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA TAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA GWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HO HA HA!"

When her laugh ended, the book landed on the stand with a resounding bang. With a blinding flash of light, everyone in the courtroom was temporarily blinded. When their vision returned, they could see that Twilight's appearance had changed. She was now a robot, as could be seen by the metal coating on her face. She also had an eyepatch on her right eye. Clad in a leather jacket, and with her hair groomed up, she said…

"That's right. It is me. I am Raven Denouve. I am the murderer. I killed Fluttershy."

Congratulations reader, you have chosen the Twilight Sparkle ending.